• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu CG on Wario.......and more?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Wario 0 Death

This was shown in a live stream for the tourney in NY by TheHulk and i confirmed it on my own. note this tech almost completely useless as the circumstances are so hard to pull off. pikachu can dthrow cg wario to 120 into an attack. you must have your back to a ledge of a platform, then grab and dthrow. he does this weird slide onto the platform and he can be regrabbed. this continues to 120. obviously you will be hard pressed to get the grab but if you do its ****. i am going to get a vid up soon.
UPDATE: this works on many chars. doing prelim testing right now

EDIT: works on olimar but not falco wtf? olimar can DI it though.

vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJPjX7hY-jU&feature=channel_page

This tech works on wario and ICs. good luck doing much with either char XD. if you get waro grabbed though 0 death. and he CANNOT DI this. he can only DI the usmash.

.......forgot to post the stages. BASICALLY you need the thinnest platform available. here is a list of all the tourney viable stages i can think of that have it.

BF
Delphino
Norfair
YI
pokestadium 2
Halbred upper platform only
Lylat
Port Town Aero Drive
castle siege
pictochat
top platform of jungle japes
Onett
Brinstar
POkestadum1
Green Greens
Luigis Mansion
Distant Planet

Edge Dthrow Running CG

K Prime has discovered a variant that works on heavies. not only is this just as strong (>100 dmage) but this works on fast fallers! we are testing now.

Demonstration vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16xJrnVOrm0&feature=channel_page

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, this does sound pretty kicka**, but we definitely need videos.

If this works on a significant amount of the cast, even sweeter.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ahh.

Aww, I wish it worked on more people. :( That'd be sick, even if it is super-situational.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
honestly are we ever gonna grab you anyway? lol. and i would like to mention that i didnt find it, but during the live stream of the battle for NY, some guy got on and showed it.

K 2

Smash Lord
Dang thats sweet. Nice find! Are Wario and IC the only characters that this works on, or are they the only characters that you've tested this on? Also, is it possible to do it on a regular ledge?

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
This is even more situational than the thunair. With this, the opponent must be wario or IC, and it must be on a platform, and you must be pikachu, and you must have your back to the edge of the platform. '

I lold...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Err... Can anyone else do this?

Interesting but how did wario pop up later on?

Also test with DI....

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
After looking at this it made me want find other ways to chain grab and I think I did find a new chain grab. I'm still experimenting with it though, so it might not be a true chain grab.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Awesome; noted. I'm not losing to Anther at CoT4, and now I know to avoid this thing. :/

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Alright kiddos sit tight cause prime has a variation on this that works on fast fallers to 100+! falcos are now possibly staring at a 0 death. stay tuned ;)

K 2

Smash Lord
Tell us! Pikachu is truely a amazing chain grabber. =) I'm just glad people don't whine about it as much as they do to Falco, DDD, and IC's.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i will say when the vid comes out. all i can say is that it is VERY hard to learn but easy to setup. oh and they will be whining :)

EDIT: i am pretty sure the opening is one frame. somewhere around that small.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Looks like OP's actually smart. I was going to flame you, but this totally weird.

Wario has alot of CG problems, but only 1% are useful.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i know right? but we have an intersting new one that works on fast fallers. it could make pikas grab game on the edge devastating especially since you can cg into it. people in the PBR check it! im going to post details about it.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I was trying this out and I found out that Pikachu can't do this when Wario is over 59% (or around there) because in order to do this, Pikachu's down throw needs to be diminished a little.

Zylar

Smash Ace
Stealth! I mean the other stealth. ARGH! XD :psycho:

Good thing you found that out. I would have been upset if I tried this and it didn't work because he's too high a percent.
Diminish huh, that sounds like the exact opposite of DDD's standing infinate.
He needs to pummel to keep it fresh, we need it unfresh. XD

Top Bottom