• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu CG on Wario.......and more?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Guess we should check Ganon and Bowser. But we don't want to make those match ups worse than they already are now do we? :( Leave the low tiers alone lol...

Zylar

Smash Ace
It would be so hilarious if we did this so well against falcos they had to ban FD. :D

Anyways, does this apply to platforms? What stage's edges does this work on?
We need to fully explore this. Imma gonna try to test this if my mother doesn't eat my head out first... ;_;

Zylar

Smash Ace
Okay, here's what I think.
When you CG'd the falco, you're floating a little off the stage.
Once you've "landed" from the throw you shift back onto the stage.
Perhaphs platforms do not have that shifting property and you just fall down.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ganondorfs superjump working on the edge is cause doing it from the edge leaves him above the ground at the end or something like that. i dont think the same mechanic is at work.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
EDIT343:ok now i've got it. if you start with a fresh dthrow and falco is anything less than 28% he can airdodge out. at 28% and up starting with a fresh dthrow he cannot escape till higher percents.

also i just found out, once i had the falco off the stage with the dashgrab, i was able to use standing grabs.

EDIT9001: test results!
assuming a fresh dthrow, percents are...
fox: 28%-96%
sheik: 29%-100%
wolf: 32%-115%
falco: 28%-100%
(note: i'm not 100% sure on the ending percents, just the beginning ones)
earlier than these percents the character either A)can airdodge, B)will fall too far to regrab, or C)will grab the ledge.

however on all these characters as long as you dthrow them at the edge of the stage you can use the standing grab to regrab them from 0% (yes, even fox at 0%, ridiculous timing needed). you can take all of them up to their max percent with the standing grab.

also, the lower the percent you start at the less room for error you have.

haven't tested others yet, although i will.

Kroova

Smash Rookie
Wait, so you can do this at a ledge now? Doesn't have to be a platform?
Just face away from the stage, at the edge, and d-throw over and over again?
O.o

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
basically the wolf and falco match up are starting to look in our favor since we can CG them to the edge to start this... Fox is already 9-1. this is over kill on him. Sheik we never see, they go all Zelda.

neji32

Smash Lord
dashing at the ledge is hard as crap.....OOOOOHHH btw it works on snake. I forgot to tell you anther did it to me on my match with him. dont know percents

Zylar

Smash Ace
I don't have anyone who could test this with me, so I just did with a lvl 9 cpu. Can't hurt right? Besides, they'd do crazy things humans won't so it could "explore" it a bit more.

I did standing at first, and then tried dash.

I don't think I was doing it wrong but
1. the falco would use UpB
2. I attempt a grab
3.a - I regrab him as a glow encircles him (Assumingly from the UpB animation.) but he never goes into the "pose".
3.b - It shows the flames of the UpB animation and he goes into the pose, but I still grab him.
3.c - I miss the first grab, try again and grab him.
3.d - I miss the first grab, try again, miss or take too long, and end up being hit.

I mostly started after the percentages listed above.
So, any ideas or explanations?

gallax

Smash Hero
wow i sense a little bit of hostility.

and dont try to talk to yoshi mains. they still cant get it in their heads that yoshi isnt a high tier char and will argue you to death that every matchup is at least even. who cares if his cg does like at most 20%. we can combo him with that much percentage.

K 2

Smash Lord
Am I doing something wrong on the falco CG? I went to training mode. Then I pushed falco to the very edge of FD (using pikachu's front crawl). Then I dashgrabbed Falco, and did dthrow. The falco obviously didn't escape (It was set to standing in training mode), but after 50% or so, it was extremely obvious that a computer or a human falco could jump out of it.

K 2

Smash Lord
so decaying the dthrow is essential to getting the CG on the edge to work?

Zylar

Smash Ace
Yep, that way it makes it so that they don't bounce too far away.
The farther away they bounce, the more time it takes for them to fall back down.
The more time it takes to fall down, the more time they have to escape.

Seems like this really is similar to the Wario one where some decay is needed. Never thought decayed moves would be useful...

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Didn't get to practice the CG over the weekend because of the tournament, soooo.....

How's it going for everyone else? Has anyone been able to do it consistently, or are we thinking this is too difficult to pull off realistically?

(I'm talking about the Falco CG, btw, not the Wario one.)

Top Bottom