• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally, something new. Box - name pending?

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I hit RyanK with two ASC hits, into a grab.

That's a lot of possible damage.

Discuss.

Edit- Now you! The player, can interact live with this, the Sonic boards of SWF to name a technique. Interaction at it's finest! Excitement! Action! Also, lasers and explosions.

We have way too many acronyms as it stands, so calling it ASCSCG is completely absurd. Come up with something extravagant that will sound like a super cool technique, so that when said aloud, people will think something amazing happened, instead of just an ASC>Grab.

:093:

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... How did you do that? When you hit someone with the last hit of the ASCthe opponent get a diagonal up knock back. I've tried to grab people this way but the steak is too far away to grab it... Can you detail how was it? :)

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
he must have been playing a really heavy character too
at 0% and against a wall :laugh:

''''''''''''__,,///
,----!__!=!_)
v--==>___>

He he! I made a Falco :)

''''''/_ ),,_
' (__!=!_!
<<_<_,_V

Guess who's this other... He's facing right... :(

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
umm lol i cant make anything out of those pictures
LOL... The first one is a Falco, he is facing left... the fist thing is the beak in the left tha have a "v" is where it beggins. Is just the head...

The other one is similar, but is facing right. The 2 of them have the Over 9000 device that space animals have in their eyes...

:laugh::chuckle::laugh:

EDIT: I added some colors, maybe it can help your imagination LOL!

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
the other one is obviously fox anthius. but then again, i didn't see them without teh colors.

i like the falco better, but good job.

Edit: Boxob, were you able to duplicate that?

Tenki

Smash Hero
at 0% and against a wall :laugh:

''''''''''''__,,///
,----!__!=!_)
v--==>___>

He he! I made a Falco :)

''''''/_ ),,_
' (__!=!_!
<<_<_,_V

Guess who's this other... He's facing right... :(

THAT AIN'T FALCO!

''''''''''''__,,///
,----!__!=!_)
v--==>___>
oh, i c.

-----------------

This is weird lol.

Maybe he SDI'd downwards into it?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Vids or something would help ;_;

Could you at least explain how it went down? Because the knockback would usually send the opponent up in to the air...

My only guess is terribad DI.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
wow you guys just found this out o_O

I do this a lot..........Kid seen me do it in friendlies.......member you were all like [insert black phrase here] "I didn't know you could do that?"

pretty much ASC (two hits)-> grab->Uthrow-> Uair-> Uair (if your lucky)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wow.

This is legit.

I tried recreating it just now, and it works 0_o

I have yet to get (2)hit ASC > Grab
But I've been testing on Kirby (Boxob's scenario) and have gotten (1)hit ASC > Grab

I can't believe we never noticed this.

If you come in at the right angle with ASC, you can hit at about the same time you hit the ground, in which you can go right into an ASCSC-Grab.

I'm sure the double hit is much more feasible on larger characters.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hmmm... i dont remember that.

we do need more 0% combos...

ive been realising more and more that sonic is a character with very little when it comes to 0% combos. as far as total damage is concerned.

i noticed this when niko played my boy court's snake in our tourney a couple weeks ago. niko pulled some falcoish mess and comboed him from 0 to about 50 on every stock all 3 games

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
i noticed this when niko played my boy court in our tourney a couple weeks ago. niko pulled some falco mess and comboed him from 0 to about 50 on every stock all 3 games
Yes, I believe it's called a "chaingrab".

lol jk.

SM5 has some nasty low percentage combos.

actually... he has some nasty comboes in general.

infomon

Smash Scientist
now back to our regularly-scheduled ASCSCG

If the ASC is spaced nice and you're burrowing through their shield, then grab.
But if you're actually hitting them, why wouldn't you want to just complete what you can of the ASC perfect-combo (since you're prolly in position to do so, if you think you could actually get a grab)? The SDJ + aerial could be worth more than an Uthrow.

I guess it depends. I dunno about you guys, but I'm not landing ASCs very often anyway :urg:

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
The way you stated it, it made it seem like Niko was playing as Falco, not against.

exactly

If the ASC is spaced nice and you're burrowing through their shield, then grab.
But if you're actually hitting them, why wouldn't you want to just complete what you can of the ASC perfect-combo (since you're prolly in position to do so, if you think you could actually get a grab)? The SDJ + aerial could be worth more than an Uthrow.
Well, additional options are always welcome.

Tenki

Smash Hero
They like, need to have SDI'd downwards to land an ASCPC.

This seems like it might be more lenient on spacing since grab has a higher range of effect than an SDR.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
awesome. i recommend that we call this a "BoxSpin grab combo"....

and the jab> grab mindgame the "Boxing Combo"

... idk... something with "box" in it. isn't that what usually happens?

aeghrur

Smash Champion
I vote spinboxing.
And I really needa get ASC more into my game.
To me right now, SD>SC because I can SD charge and shield cancel it too. =/

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
my game flucuates so much that i will notice my style change over the last 3 weeks, then it reverts back to a previous style. its wierd, but i think that's the key to my steak. I noticed that my style was lacking ASC today too, even though i know all the stuff about it. sometimes ill notice that in a match... i think my sonic is the most random i've seen so far...

Niko_K

Smash Master
@ Da Kid

I just have good combo skills, I combo a majority of players past 50. I've had strings that were 100+ on Ally before.

My defensive game sucks *** though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i can tell.

you were instrumental in the creation of the "CouRt Combo"

up tilt to turn up tilt to turn uptilt for the win

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
hmmm... i dont remember that.

we do need more 0% combos...

ive been realising more and more that sonic is a character with very little when it comes to 0% combos. as far as total damage is concerned.

i noticed this when niko played my boy court's snake in our tourney a couple weeks ago. niko pulled some falcoish mess and comboed him from 0 to about 50 on every stock all 3 games
thouse are Canadian combo's =D

but seriously it's real easy if you make sense of your footstool

seriously incorporate it into you game, it makes a lot of combo's possible

like with Sonic do spin dash (down B w/e you guys call it) jump up and at the peak of Soinc's height footstool to Dair usually set's up a nice jab lock because of the extra height of down-B

Niko_K

Smash Master
I've been using footstool combo's since late February out of shield, but all the credit goes to God-is-my-rock! xD

Trillion

Smash Ace
All these people coming in here claiming to know this already annoys me. If they actually DID know about them, then why have they never mentioned them and then why do they always type sentences about them that dont make any sense? I hate how our boards have that on every freakin post. It's always, hey guys I found something cool and new. Then some non-Sonic Board person comes in and goes "OMG props to you guys for finding out what I have known for SOOOOO long!!!" BS. I'm sick of that. From now on, I expect Xiivi to give infractions to non-sonic board people who do that. It's stupid and I'm sick of seeing it.

On topic, this sounds really good Boxob. I haven't ever had it work out that I can do that, most likely because I typically don't use ASC on opponents at such low damage. I'll have to incorporate this into my play. As for a name, what about Graboxob. Notice that I spelled Boxob backwards to indicate that you did it out of a spin where Sonic may have been facing backwards.

Tenki

Smash Hero
All these people coming in here claiming to know this already annoys me. If they actually DID know about them, then why have they never mentioned them and then why do they always type sentences about them that dont make any sense? I hate how our boards have that on every freakin post. It's always, hey guys I found something cool and new. Then some non-Sonic Board person comes in and goes "OMG props to you guys for finding out what I have known for SOOOOO long!!!" BS. I'm sick of that. From now on, I expect Xiivi to give infractions to non-sonic board people who do that. It's stupid and I'm sick of seeing it.
You mean Ayaz and Niko?

footstool combos have been used by other characters (in Niko's case, Peach) for a really long time.

As for footstool out of spindash, I've used it and brought it up quite a bit in the past (SLOW/chain SDJ footstooling). Ophelia found/was first to publish the side-B> footstool > spring > AC D-air jablock setup. I made use of side-B>footstool as tech chase setups and for random off-stage shenanigans.

But whenever it's brought up, there's focus on it for a few days, then it dies down again, lol.

Notice that I spelled Boxob backwards to indicate that you did it out of a spin where Sonic may have been facing backwards.
XD

--------------

Mindbox

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
?

Foots-toll combos HAVE been found out a looonnng time again. Why would Xiivi give them infractions for that? Calm down.

Top Bottom