• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally, something new. Box - name pending?

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
at 0% and against a wall :laugh:

''''''''''''__,,///
,----!__!=!_)
v--==>___>

He he! I made a Falco :)

''''''/_ ),,_
' (__!=!_!
<<_<_,_V

Guess who's this other... He's facing right... :(
Took me a sec to figure out that was Fox XD

Falco was easy to spot.

Trillion

Smash Ace
wow you guys just found this out o_O

I do this a lot..........Kid seen me do it in friendlies.......member you were all like [insert black phrase here] "I didn't know you could do that?"

pretty much ASC (two hits)-> grab->Uthrow-> Uair-> Uair (if your lucky)

@ Chis and Tenki, THIS is what I am referring to. Right on page one. I'm sick of seeing this kind of stuff in every new thread that we make about new strategical uses for attacks. It's stupid. It's annoying that whenever someone tries to present a new idea, that someone who isn't even a sonic board regular always comes in and tries to discredit it as already being something that they knew. But then we get this in response to his post:

hmmm... i dont remember that.

I hate when someone on our board tries to help further the sonic metagame only to have some non-sonic boarder come in and tell us that they already knew about it when they most likely did NOT. IMO its trolling and deserves an infraction.

Also, on the topic of if KID saw something and was amazed by it enough to be "all like [insert black phrase here] "I didn't know you could do that?" " Then I'm pretty sure that he would have made a thread about it or incorporated it into his KID's AT thread. Neither of which happened.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
O WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

this is why I don't hang around the Sonic boards..............most of you are scrubs, all joke and no progress

I KNOW Kid saw this, he probably forgot it, because it only really works on fat people..........I only pulled it off on JesiahTEG because he was the person I played using a heavy weight (sorry no court macthes :( )

and refering to the Kid AT thread; Kid and I were talking about that thread and Sonic strats pretty much through the entire tournament..............and Ice cream that would make you **** your pants. Anyways the point is is that we WERE talking about it, I don't know why he doesn't remember...........

while i'm at it i'll share a bit of my Sonic strats:

+don't shield...........ever
+ASC (2 hits) -->jump OoS--> Uair/Nair/Bair/Fair/footstool-->(if footstool) spring/Dair
+ASC (2 hits) -->buffer grab (apparently you guys didn't know this)
+ASC (2 hits) -->JC Usmash (from shield)

that's my main ASC combo game

I have defensive ASC strats also, but i'm too lazy to write them

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Technically, unless you're playing to win, that means going all out in maximizing your winning % by going MK, playing to win and all that jazz, you're a scrub.

Okay no problem.

BTW if we made no progress, where are we at now?

Trillion

Smash Ace
O WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

this is why I don't hang around the Sonic boards..............most of you are scrubs, all joke and no progress

I KNOW Kid saw this, he probably forgot it, because it only really works on fat people..........I only pulled it off on JesiahTEG because he was the person I played using a heavy weight (sorry no court macthes :( )

and refering to the Kid AT thread; Kid and I were talking about that thread and Sonic strats pretty much through the entire tournament..............and Ice cream that would make you **** your pants. Anyways the point is is that we WERE talking about it, I don't know why he doesn't remember...........

while i'm at it i'll share a bit of my Sonic strats:

+don't shield...........ever
+ASC (2 hits) -->jump OoS--> Uair/Nair/Bair/Fair/footstool-->(if footstool) spring/Dair
+ASC (2 hits) -->buffer grab (apparently you guys didn't know this)
+ASC (2 hits) -->JC Usmash (from shield)

that's my main ASC combo game

I have defensive ASC strats also, but i'm too lazy to write them

First off, our Sonic forums have some of the most intelligent SWF users. We are more creative with our moves than any other character forum here. We are not ALL joke, no progress. We are incredibly task oriented and you clearly don't come here enough to take note of it. Even our jokes usually have intents. We have a lot of satirical jokes that point out common misconceptions and show people how stupid they are for holding them. In fact, I would say that we have the most progress of almost any board and are simply not given our dues. We consistently have players showing that Sonic is B Tier material despite the SBR putting him in the F Tier. Get some facts straight before you start making your claims.

If KID saw something new, he would not forget it. He is very oriented toward improving the Sonic metagame.

Next, "you strats" dont even make sense. First you say don't shield ever, then you say to do OoS attacks? Contradictory? Me thinks yes. We don't need people like you who don't even contribute to the community and only post to try to act like you have knowledge that we dont have. It does not help us and it is only irritating for us to even encounter people like you here.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Ayaz can go suck my boxoboner, I doubt he knew about this.

And if he did, he should have posted this here, instead of calling us all dumb for not knowing it.

All scrubs? How about a money match at the next major upstate tourney? 20 bucks says I take out your ****ing scrubby *** with Sonic.

:093:

aeghrur

Smash Champion
My god, stop fighting ffs.
>_>
Although it was wrong of Ayaz to come in here saying how we're all scrubs for not knowing this, it's even worse for you guys to drive off ANOTHER sonic main, and one that is trying to contribute.
Ayaz has been here for... quite some time, lol. God, don't drive him away too. >_<
I was kinda pissed -Blue- left, so... don't make Ayaz leave too. >_<

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm not driving Ayaz out of here, I jsut want him to get it right that we do our thing.

Also who is this Blue I keep hearing about?

aeghrur

Smash Champion
A combination of you ganging up on him seems very hostile. =/
Blue is some east coast sonic main that was pretty cool, but decided to go his own way because he saw our tier list and got all upset and stuff, lol. :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I was the irst one to make the post, everybody else joining in and putting their own ideas is their thing, not mine, and not the Sonic boards as a whole.

Regardless, now I know a little bit more about Blue thanks to Malcolm on the Xatroom, and from what he tells me, we're okay with him gone.

It's like the neutral line of Tumby and ITT leaving, we might be okay if he were here, but it's nothing seriously if he isn't.

Tumby was intelligent, ITT was a jerk/moron.

Browny

Smash Hater
ffs Kinzer how many times do i have to tell you, stop saying 'we' all the time

You certainly dont speak for me

infomon

Smash Scientist
My goodness, stop railing on Ayaz, or you're just fulfilling the prophecy of ITT by saying this place is both unfriendly and spammy :urg:

Ayaz is welcome here, you're taking his "scrub" comment waayy too seriously, all he said was "oh lol I've been doing that, here are some other similar things you mightn't've thought of" and then y'all start trashing him... memphis has called us all worse but it's all good cuz it's memphis lol, don't see why we need such a double-standard.

siiiigh....

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Bad habit I guess DJ, I did mean to type "I" but I guess a typo messes up a whole point.

Edit: BTW I had nothing to do with the whole bandwagon, I was here first and all I said was you can't go around calling people scrubs when you too are limiting yourself, it's just hypocrisy.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Well it's kind of hard to take the high road when someone says something so astoundingly condescending and blatantly untrue. He came looking for trouble with that comment and he found it.

And who is ITT >.>

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
IthrowThings.

Don't ask about him, seriously all you need to know is that I think we're better off without him.

Is that any better DJ?

Boxob.

Smash Lord
All I know is that I'm not a scrub.

And that I'd **** his noob *** in Brawl and Melee any day.

****, I could **** him as Sonic in melee and SF4.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
All I know is that I'm not a scrub.

And that I'd **** his noob *** in Brawl and Melee any day.

****, I could **** him as Sonic in melee and SF4.

All that I know is that the Sonic boards need more tolerance.

Just don't pretend that you've never been a scrub, everyone starts as a scrub.... Why not just help them to unscrub instead of driving them away as soon as they say something scrubby?

:013:

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
i come to the sonic boards in the morning, and this is the first thing i see...
I'm not impressed, MagMar.

Ayaz, who do you main anyways, just asking, because im trying to learn Falco and GaW atm and could use some training...

boxob, maybe u overreacted a bit. if i see a comment I think is wrong, not saying I wont WoT like magmar, but it will be more polite. I like it ( most of the time) when someone says something a bit off on sonic, cause then i get to tells them. then i tell em to go watch my vids and eat steak at the tech lab (lol shameless advertising)

Magmar is right on a few things, we are one the of the most active character based sections here, if not the most active. but its mainly because of 10 people at the most, with minor input by a few more, so lets not overdo it, okay?

so by the power invested in me by steak, im ending it here.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
so ayaz knew about it and he didnt tell u...who cares? if u took his post about knowing about it before box made the thread and put my name there...we wouldnt be having this issue. or espy's name there...or kid's name there or kinzer's name there or X's name there or even killa cam's/cammy's/camera's name there.

he doesnt lurk our boards nor does he post here often so it would be way out of his way to make a thread about it. and why are we calling him a non-sonic boarder? he has the sonic photo...and clearly posts in our tournament thread every once in awhile. and he met kid and they talked about sonic strats for a whole tournament...the guy sounds legit to me.

he called us all scrubs...who cares? its the internet...and he was frustrated that ppl were trying to get on him for not dedicating his life to sonic's metagame...ofc he was gonna throw some sort of insult. how many "internet is serious business" pics need to be posted before ppl get over insults like scrub on a website where the only real insult is "your bad at this game". its not like he attacked u with momma jokes or he dwelled into ur personal life...he just wrote that we are bad at a video game. i could honestly care less.

anyway...ppl need to be less hot-headed. if u c a post that bothers u...bring it up in the Xat. u dont have to post right away with furious emotion and be suprised when someone doesnt respond with a "wow you were right...how could i react in such a way?" post.

but yeah...this tech sounds cool and whether or not it was discovered 200 years ago...i had no idea about it and i will give it a shot. i am still searching for the appropriate name but for now boxspinning with do.

:040: :001: :002: :039:

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
double post cause i can...and its rather unrelated to the first one. I met ITT at CoT4 and i find him and blue to both be very cool ppl. they just dont like the sonic boards for various reasons. im sure ITT will be lurking or contributing again soon because he is interested in learning the more technical sonic things...as he has finally become comfortable with his basics game.

:040:

Trillion

Smash Ace
Non-sonic board member in my mind means that he does not come here and actively try to contribute. He replied to say that he had already done what we were discussing. He did NOT in any way contribute to the discussion, his whole point was to try to shoot down the topic by deeming it as being not new. You can say that I am over-doing it, but I see this kind of thing quite often on our boards and I am rather sick of it.

The point is that if he wanted to discuss the topic and to contribute to the overall discussion, then he would be very welcomed especially if he said that he had been doing this and was able to provide specific, helpful ways of using the strategy rather than saying "I've done this and I am going to prove to you that I have by saying that [insert sonic board person here] saw me do it and was impressed" He didn't help the conversation, just tried to shoot it down as being not new. One of the fastest ways to kill a topic is to declare the information as not being new. A person who does not commonly post on our board and only posts to say this and to NOT CONTRIBUTE anything helpful to the discussion is a troll and deserves an infraction.

I personally don't care what Kojin, Malcolm, or anyone else who disagrees with me says. You should be sick of it too.

I've been trying this move Boxob and I have been having a very hard time getting it to work. I am having a hard time just setting it up in the first place. Is there any specific thing that you do to help you get into position to make this work? Like do you try spinshot to asc? or dash dance pivot shot hop asc? any tips like that to help mindgame my opponent into a position that makes it easier to do this?

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
U can be sick of it all u want. Im just asking that you be sick of it in the Steak Break Room or in the Xat chat...thats all im asking. because that way we dont have threads that have turned from being about boxobs tech into being about how mean or w/e ppl feel ayaz is being.

:040:

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Sorry, I was pretty pissed last night.

But still, it's dumb to come in here and call us all scrubs for not knowing something that hasn't been brought to our attention. ESPECIALLY since this is something that we've all tried before, with no success.

Now, back to discussion, this thread isn't getting closed.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
IthrowThings.

Don't ask about him, seriously all you need to know is that I think we're better off without him.

Is that any better DJ?
Kinzer, you still said "we." All you did was emphasize the fact that you were speaking for the rest of us lol. lrn2grammar :O

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I still can't do this. I must not be positioning the Fair right...must I do it in the air as my opponent is falling or what?

Does it only work if the opponent trys to DI out?

Help meh plz.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Kinzer, you still said "we." All you did was emphasize the fact that you were speaking for the rest of us lol. lrn2grammar :O
Hey I try.

Now I am going to take my leave, because it's obvious I am not doing anything other than +1ing.

Good luck in your search guys.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh wait a sec...this is the ASC (2hit) > Grab thread...I thought this was the Fair > FSJ thread...

Whoops.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
alright so I just skimmed over two pages of hate >_______________>

(Kid told me that you guys post a lot ...........)

so i'm going to quickly defend myself:

first off about the shield contradictory, from an ASC you have to hold shield until you touch the ground, correct? Idunno that's how I do the ASC, like I said, I don't hang around these forums I just read the spind dash sticky and Sonic guide thats stickied, and created my own style of handling Sonic, o.k? deal with it. So after I do a ASC I have to shield for like 1 or 2 frames so while in the shield I can buffer an JC Usmash or grab from my shield litterally within 1 frame........this allows for crazy combos that I use all the time.

next about the scrubs.........all I have to say is verbal irony. I said something I didn't want to say (ie that would offend). But my point is the same.........these boards are really spammy with people that aren't tournament viable.......yet

I think i'm better than Kid, but I can't be certain as we only had two matches (first match went to me, second went to Kid) we couldn't do anymore matches because of Nasir and Dom...........plus we had to practice team "kneed for speed" so after earning his respect I think I have the right to be heard with respect ASWELL. In regional tournaments iv played top 16 twice out of at least 90 people at both tournaments with quality players, and at large tournaments like LBT that were plainly large I have placed well...............WHILE ON DRUGS. I'v also tied with Anther's Sonic........but were friendlies, we were interupted in the third round by staff.

so don't think of me being an auto-crap Sonic user because i'm not on the boards..........

jeez, some respect people, trust what i'm saying.........did you guys know about the ASC--> Usmash?

RANDOM EDIT: so at Jaybee I main Falcon and Sonic..........I usually go Falcon but i'm trying to use more Sonic, Iunno it's mainly the crowd at tournaments........cheering on the manliest player, watching Falcon on the winner's screen while Meta-knight is in the backround clapping in defeat. It's fun.

I'v actually had a person say that Falcon is broken cause I ***** his MK xD, ohhh man maybe i'll tell you guys about the crazy things I do at tournaments one day :)

if your trying to counter Falco I say go Sonic, Falco's easy once you understand his style. He can either camp or stay in close range, so the key to the match up is to stay kinda close to him, and force him to use melee attacks rather than his reflector or lazzorrzzzz. But you have to be REALLY creative to get this to work. Ftilt is **** in the match-up along with Dtilt..........abuse them

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
jeez, some respect people, trust what i'm saying.........did you guys know about the ASC--> Usmash?
Yes, but generally, it's too slow, lol.

The ASCSC (Which is the ASC to Shield Cancel) is usually kind of a "catch offguard" tactic which is why following up with a grab is so effective.

However, the Usmash has a good deal of start-up lag, so most people can react in time and hit you out of it :/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
next about the scrubs.........all I have to say is verbal irony. I said something I didn't want to say (ie that would offend). But my point is the same.........these boards are really spammy with people that aren't tournament viable.......yet?
Okay, just as long as you acknowledge that you can't be calling off people when you're one of them. XD :)

The internet doesn't go with emphasis/personality, just ty to make it as obvious as possible when you're not being serious (some of the other guys in the SBR were saying you didn't really mean to insult us... and I should've known -_-).

You're cool with me Ayaz, just in case you didn't know, now you do.

I'll let somebody else address the tourney/spammy portion of that quote if they want to, I won't say anything.

I just want to back myself up by saying I have gone to at least 3-5 tourneys now, and all of them have me up there in the ranks. ^_^

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
alright so I just skimmed over two pages of hate >_______________>

(Kid told me that you guys post a lot ...........)

so i'm going to quickly defend myself:

first off about the shield contradictory, from an ASC you have to hold shield until you touch the ground, correct? Idunno that's how I do the ASC, like I said, I don't hang around these forums I just read the spind dash sticky and Sonic guide thats stickied, and created my own style of handling Sonic, o.k? deal with it. So after I do a ASC I have to shield for like 1 or 2 frames so while in the shield I can buffer an JC Usmash or grab from my shield litterally within 1 frame........this allows for crazy combos that I use all the time.

next about the scrubs.........all I have to say is verbal irony. I said something I didn't want to say (ie that would offend). But my point is the same.........these boards are really spammy with people that aren't tournament viable.......yet

I think i'm better than Kid, but I can't be certain as we only had two matches (first match went to me, second went to Kid) we couldn't do anymore matches because of Nasir and Dom...........plus we had to practice team "kneed for speed" so after earning his respect I think I have the right to be heard with respect ASWELL. In regional tournaments iv played top 16 twice out of at least 90 people at both tournaments with quality players, and at large tournaments like LBT that were plainly large I have placed well...............WHILE ON DRUGS. I'v also tied with Anther's Sonic........but were friendlies, we were interupted in the third round by staff.

so don't think of me being an auto-crap Sonic user because i'm not on the boards..........

People don't automatically think you're bad, but when you come in here and take an e-sh*t all over the thread people are bound to look at you funny. Do you think it helps anyone when you make a blanket statement calling people scrubs? It doesn't even matter what your intentions were that's just plain useless to the rest of us. We get enough of that sh*t from people like A2z that don't know anything about Sonic.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
well you guys can't blame me..........after I posted that I showed this to Kid in tournament I got an 08' joiner saying that I was talking all smack and that I just made this up......

that's what initially pissed me off......don't do that guys, it forces me to become angry (hence why I used HULK Sonic later that night)

Also i'll explain how ASC combo's into JC Usmash........let's take DK for example, at like zero or some percentage that's under 30ish ASC two hit's doesn't send the opponent far however I learned that the ASC has HITSTUN, why else does the spin charge combo into Bair/Fair..etc from the ground? Idunno it's my Logic so I started treating the ASC like it had hitstun, later I realized that if you tilt your shield upwards and press Y->A like how you AC Falcon's Dair the Usmash comes out WAYYY faster than a regular shield drop to Usmash. Also at higher percentages people usually airdodge to try and escape the Usmash, at which time I usually predict it and charge my Usmash until their vunerable.

that's my poorly explained ASC --> JC Usmash deal

Trillion

Smash Ace
My point was that you came in and in your first post you said that you had already done this. You then mentioned that you discussed it with KID. But, that actually did nothing to further our discussion of the strategy. I wasn't saying that you were a scrub or that you dont know what you are talking about just because you don't post here typically. We get someone saying oh I already knew about this in almost all of our threads about new strategies for moves. They pretty much always only say that and then don't contribute and mostly they are someone who we have never seen and never hear from again.

If you had actually tried to further the discussion by discussing the experiences that you had when trying to use this strategy or anything helpful such as what characters it works best on (which you now have said that you find it easiest on heavy big characters so thanks for that) or if you had said some ways that you try to get your opponent into the best position to do this or anything helpful such as that we would have been very glad to hear it.

Either way making a blanket statement like calling everyone here scrubs is not going to make us suddenly run and hug you.

Also, dont compare yourself to Anther lol. It doesn't mean that you aren't good or anything, but Anther's Sonic is horrible and I urge you not to try to use almost anything he does. I see Anther try to use spin shot from across the entire stage multiple times in the same videos as an approach and that is like one of the most noobs things I have seen. Anther's Pikachu is amazing, but his Sonic is really bad.

ASC > Upsmash works for me at low percents on opponents who are heavy especially at low percents. But it can also work if you find that your opponent like to try to dair as soon as they get popped in the air. Some people don't realize that sets them up to be comboed. See how your opponent reacts and you might be able to get it off on lighter characters too sometimes.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
@ ayaz: i just wanted additional counterpick characters, though i honestly go all sonic, wit a splash o mach tornado :). just trying to expand my game to other characters, though due to the work required with sonic i get lazy on them, because it can be at times so much easier to sit and spam. intelligently...

Top Bottom