• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dayton Ohio Nexuslan Tournament March 14 @ Mound Street Acadamies

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Sponsered by NEXUSLAN (www.nexuslan.org) Hosted by Jellityme. There will be a tournament for brawl only at Mound Street Acadamies (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...ear=Dayton,+OH&oi=manybox&ct=10&cd=1&resnum=1)

There will be other things here besides brawl as this was initially a PC oriented event. If you want to bring your PC there will be tourneys for that too, (more information on the website)

MELEE may be possible if there is enough people interested.

NexusLAN Event length is 2pm to 6am

registration starts at 2:00 and last until 3:00
tourney start about 3:30

None of the tournaments have a entry-fee as prizes will be provided by nexuslan sponsers and myself and jellityme (most likely giftcards and good items provided)

Also this may turn into a Bi-monthly event

Event cost will be $10.00 (prepaid) $15.00 at the door

Please try to bring setups if possible (wii/tv/brawl).
PLEASE BRING SETUPS and dazzles too if you have them

We will also have a no-lag projector screen for the finals as well

DATE: March 14th
354 Mound St
Dayton, OH 45402

we also have 1 recording setup

Pools: 5 people per pool # of pools depends on attendance

2 stock 6 min or 3 stock 8 min depending on attendance for pools

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets are best of 3, all finals are best of 5

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Stage Lists

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Port Town Aero Dive

For Doubles Only:
Hanenbow

Banned
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Skyworld
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

* Hanenbow is changed to counterpick for doubles

Please post if you are interested in attending so a concrete list may be submitted to the staff of Nexuslan

Interested in attending:
Dj_Iskascribble
Jellityme
Fizzle Boy
Clowsui
Paradigm
Takuyo90
Steel Samurai
Fromundaman
Kayin
Drake
Akira
Runekai
Wolf
Wesker
Squall
Baro
duckman
Tyr 03
E___
infern angelis
thegreatmuldini
smash 64
rude ranXor

NEW AND IMPROVED WITH WARIO BIKE RACING!

ALSO for anyone who does not get 1st in the tournament has to pose in a picture with a devil creme in there mouth and as the picture is taken they must yell " MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" it is a nexuslan tradition that is fun for every one (plus you get a free snack XD)
pic of last one: http://nexuslan.org/photo_gallery.php?level=picture&id=65

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Ooooh 2 back-to-back tourneys (the other being Nope's). I'm in.
Is a side melee tourney too much to ask? I'm guessing it probably is, but....come on.

Nope

Smash Lord
2pm to 6am? I mean I like to stay up late but I don't know about many tourneys running at this time =( I will see who from Springfield is interested

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
They are also encouraging pcs as much as possible so if anyone plays games like COD5, quake 3, CSsource, team fortress, UT3 you may be interested in that as well. There will also be other console games like ST4 and more than likely halo.

Dayton "Oho"? Is that also in the midwest?

jk, jk.

To early for me to know if I will manage to make it, but I'm certainly interested in both Brawl and Melee.
I fixed it thanks for pointing it out, dont see how i missed that lolz

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
omfg Quake 3, UT, CSS

Wow I may not play smash at all. I haven't done those in ages and I'll probably suck horribly but maaaaaaan do I miss those good times. Boom Headshot. Any Starcraft maybe?

I may be able to drag Reside along for CSS. He went respectably far in CAL if I remember right.

Or I may just do Smash. Dragging my chassis+monitor+kb+mouse+mousepad+headphones+cables=pain, let alone having to install Windows again.

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
FRIGGIN SWEET !!!!!!! i ran into this on accident. lol the only tourny iv ever been to was the gamestop tourny but the rules then were really gay. u couldnt even choose your character and u had to use wii controllers. by the way that brings up a question.

are wii (lol) alowed to use our own controlers? and if not what kind of controllers will be availiable to use?

lou4222

Smash Lord
Anyone who is interested in this should come to Springfields tourney at Nopes house the following week. It is sure to be epic. I wish I could come to this, but unfortunately its finals week.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Anyone who is interested in this should come to Springfields tourney at Nopes house the following week. It is sure to be epic. I wish I could come to this, but unfortunately its finals week.
That sucks. I wanted another game against you, cause I was playing like a scardey baby during crews. Even though I came away with that one, I still think it'd be close. The rest of you 'fielders had better show up!

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
all tourneys are Bring your own controller
thanks...how about consles? do wii bring our own? and can we bring sd cards to record stuff too? of course unless the fight is too long than i know wii wont be able to even record anyways.

sorry if i sound noobish with these Qs but i mean iv only been to 1 tourney and it was gamestops tourny (not much of a tourney(gay *** rules)lol):psycho:

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
If you could bring one that would be cool, so if you are interested ill put you on the list of possible attendees, and we will be sure to not have gay rules lol. Also bring your PC if you haveone/can because there will be alot of file sharing and other games there too.

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
wait a min......DOWNTOWN DATON???.....ah sheeeeiiiit.....welp i know im getting shot. (vision)

(wins with pikachu. opponent stands up "oh hells nah" pulls out a 50 cal sniper rifle....) ya........

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
Sponsered by NEXUSLAN (www.nexuslan.org) Hosted by Jellityme. There will be a tournament for brawl only at Mound Street Acadamies (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...ear=Dayton,+OH&oi=manybox&ct=10&cd=1&resnum=1)

There will be other things here besides brawl as this was initially a PC oriented event. If you want to bring your PC there will be tourneys for that too, (more information on the website)

MELEE may be possible if there is enough people interested.

NexusLAN Event length is 2pm to 6am

registration would start at 2:30 and last until 3:30

None of the tournaments have a entry-fee as prizes will be provided by nexuslan sponsers and myself and jellityme (most likely giftcards and good items provided)

Also this may turn into a Bi-monthly event

Event cost will be $10.00 (prepaid) $15.00 at the door

Please try to bring setups if possible

We will also have a no-lag projector screen for the finals as well

DATE: March 14th
354 Mound St
Dayton, OH 45402

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets are best of 3, all finals are best of 5

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Stage Lists

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Port Town Aero Dive

For Doubles Only:
Hanenbow

Banned
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Skyworld
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

* Hanenbow is changed to counterpick for doubles

Please post if you are interested in attending so a concrete list may be submitted to the staff of Nexuslan

Interested in attending:
Dj_Iskascribble
Jellityme
Fizzle Boy
Clowsui
Paradigm
Takuyo90
Steel Samurai
Fromundaman
Kayin
Drake
Akira
Runekai
Wolf
RudeRanXer
Wesker
Squall
what do u mean when u say "Please try to bring setups if possible" ?:dizzy:

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I will do my best to come and bring a a wii and two televisions.

AIGHT!?

Oh, and no lag projectors are great, but will the players have to look at the projector to play? It tends to be a lot more comfortable for everyone if the Wii is hooked up to a projector AND television. Television for a close up and lagless environment for players, projector for everyone else to watch with lag not being an issue.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I dont know as my brother hosts this and i have yet to be at a nexus event yet, but it may be projector/Wii or we could at least make it that. Also make sure to pre-register/pre pay if possible. It will shave $5 off the event entree fee.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Wow you may want to tell people that if they're younger than 16 they need to fill out a waiver and they need a legal guardian in attendance

-_____-;

I'm 15. This is really gay. Can you convince your brother to have me like NOT sign this or something?

Nope

Smash Lord
Wow you may want to tell people that if they're younger than 16 they need to fill out a waiver and they need a legal guardian in attendance

-_____-;

I'm 15. This is really gay. Can you convince your brother to have me like NOT sign this or something?

/sigh just say your 16 clowsui =p

no one will notice one year difference! (OMG Look at that kid hes not 16 hes got to be 15)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Alright, sounds good...everybody needs the waiver signed though, just that people under 18 need a legal guardian to sign it.

Nope let's MM at this or something! I'll MM for $5, best of 5. It'll be recorded too

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Oh ya I almost forgot, anybody available for teams? (Havenbow is a nice touch :bee: )

...or for the piece of cake monthly?

Edit: That melee tourney isn't gonna happen now is it?

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
I can record the matches (looking at ways to do it that way).
Does anyone here know how to hook up the wii to the TV and a projector (and/or possibly a dazzle)? We played on the projector last time, but I can see the concern that it might be a problem.

Other tourneys (unofficial) are allowed at the tourney. So if people are up for melee or anything else (rock band, SF4, etc.) just announce it and run it yourself.

I am also having a first to ten in SF4 with a local rival (Rune is his name on Nexus).
I'll take on challengers in that if anyone is interested (might do a live recording if crowd is hype enough).

lou4222

Smash Lord
Dayton, come to Wings and Brew this weekend in Columbus. Springfield misses playing with you all and we will all be there! I know you guys have transportation issues but cant anyone drive? I hope to try and make it to this tourney but its not looking good because finals are the following week :/

Duckman

Smash Rookie
Hey people 8D

Me and my friends might be interested in coming; so how do we pre-register for the event?
We've nvr been to a brawl tournament before, but this seems like a good time to start n.n
So I have some other questions too...
The Brawl tournament has no entry fee, but the sponsored event does, right?
Are we just gonna enter our settings when we get there? (aka names with controller setting)
When do you think doubles will start?
And most importantly....how leet are you guys XD

clowsui

Smash Legend
1. you pre-register by going on to their website
2. yes
3. yes
4. no idea
5. There are a lot of leet people who have been to tourneys that are going to this one. For example, Nope/MHoltz two stocked Ally in a money match (he still lost 2-1 though :(), Paradigm (at one point one of the Midwest's best Samuses in Melee), and me (famous for being a "shiesty" TO for two tournaments during the winter break that received positive responses). The rest of Cincinnati may be coming to this too - they are also very leet:
Overswarm - ...it's OS, nuff said
Kel - one of the if not THE best MK in the MW East behind Judge. Has beaten OS, AZ, and Quivo all on different occasions, just loses to a stupid Pikarat all the time
Doctor X - easily one of the most tourney active Pits who is very good with him.
Tyr - ~3rd or 4th best Lucas main in the US.
God KAIs - they're all minorities who have placed and played pretty well at most tournaments they've gone to. Very notable for all having at least one "uncommon" main and dominating with them at one point or another.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
well my name is gonna be on that list very very soon. I'll be gaining lots of tourney experience in the upcoming months and hopefully be making a name for myself as I have been wanting since i got into competetive smash in november last year.

Duckman

Smash Rookie
Well good luck making a name for yourself
I suddenly feel like i would be fortunate to get past the first round -.- especially with my luck in pairings c(=
If nothing else, ill see some pros, have some food, play on meh laptop...then go back for another thrashing in doubles! woot

Top Bottom