• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dayton Ohio Nexuslan Tournament March 14 @ Mound Street Acadamies

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
fromundaman: We need to do a MM Mario vs. Lucas. I want to see the matchup.

Also, I'll do $1 random MM's against people.

Singles should definetly be before doubles. I may have to leave before things finish up depending on how on time we are and I'd much rather have to duck out of doubles. This goes for the people I'm giving a ride as well.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sounds good Tyr.

Any chance you could help me figure out why I can't consistently Magnet pull once we finish too?

Edit: Hehe... I have a feeling MMs are going to cost me more than the entry fee :laugh:
That being said, I'm still up for them!

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the singles first idea, I may have to leave early depending on when things finish up,
and I would rather have to miss out on doubles than singles

Also, I am willing to random MM for $1, I think I have at least a decent idea of how to use most characters

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Please bring setups! we need them badly (ESPECIALLY TV's)
and also any recording equipment as well (dazzles ect) and bring you pc/laptop too if you have one. There will be alot of other people there so there will be lots of file sharing and other pc related things.
The doubles tournament is not official so we may change how its ran a bit depending on how everyone wants to do things, so maybe chose you teamate out of a hat or something if people want to. also we can do melee too and of course BIKE RACING XD

also at the LAN keep open discussion about MM's secretive because we are technically not allowed to gamble (hence the prizes as opposed to cash) but we are allowing it anyway we just arent telling the school XD. So as long as the staff doesnt know about it I wont get in trouble for anything but we can openly discuss thing here

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey, any chance I can pre-emptively accept every random MM on concept?

Technically Fizzle, the chance is much lower, but I don't know... random is weird. Sometimes I think my random button gets switched with Marth...

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Hey, any chance I can pre-emptively accept every random MM on concept?

Technically Fizzle, the chance is much lower, but I don't know... random is weird. Sometimes I think my random button gets switched with Marth...
Does that mean your Marth isn't completely awful anymore. Apparently random just likes to pick characters you aren't good with.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Does that mean your Marth isn't completely awful anymore. Apparently random just likes to pick characters you aren't good with.
Well, while I can't say it's good, it isn't horrible. Oh, and I still do hate Marth on principle. No amount of random is going to change that.

But yeah, Random has made me pretty good with Lucas :laugh:

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL Tyr will be the judge of that, he's one of the best Lucases
Marth is a crappier version of MK, do you hate MK too?
Anyways I think Tyr and e_ can bring their Wiis, I dunno...maybe a TV as well? I'm REALLY not sure.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
yay, and david I MM you random for one buckerton, and he used to main mk back in the day (lol) and i agree that MK is everything marth wants to be

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Jesus Christ, Chi. Stop telling people I'll do ****. My wii is ****ing broken. For God's sake.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
A whole Buckerton!? You're on! (This better be a Mario Buckerton, cause Mario wants to get that paper!)

Clowsui, that doesn't count... My Lucas can't match up to Tyr's! (I'm just hoping my Mario provides a challenge...)
Also, I think you misunderstand. I don't hate Marth's moveset, I hate Marth as a character. Of all the FE lords, they had to take him? (or her? We may never know...) The only one that could have been gayer was Eliwood...

MK, on the other hand, is badass (too bad I got bored of him...).

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
, I hate Marth as a character. Of all the FE lords, they had to take him? (or her? We may never know...) The only one that could have been gayer was Eliwood....
I dunno about that. If they made Lyn a playable character, she'd probably be like some awkward combination of ZSS and Marth.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Tyr: That's why I said I'm REALLY not sure, don't be a ******. I've stopped saying that you'll do things -___-;

Anyways...I can't wait for this for some reason.

BRING SETUPS PEOPLE >IO

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I dunno about that. If they made Lyn a playable character, she'd probably be like some awkward combination of ZSS and Marth.
Yeah, but at least she was cool... And she used a bow in the games as well, which could possibly be worked in there somehow... Anyway, we're getting off topic.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
well tvs is most imprtant ATM and i did get off work plus im bringing my fiance most likely :) Im trying to bring a setup hopefully i can get a ride because i dont wanna take a flatscreen on teh bus XD

e__

Smash Ace
Yeah, but at least she was cool... And she used a bow in the games as well, which could possibly be worked in there somehow... Anyway, we're getting off topic.
Bows are a pain in the *** most of the time. Sure, you get that one attack where they don't hit you, but then during the enemy phase they get up to 4 attacks on you without you being able to do anything. Say you give Eliwood a Javelin or Hector a Hand Axe, then they can respond to any attack except for bolting, balistae, and long bows. Lyn's good for her strength growth, but post-promotion I find her inferior to a lot of units, especially when these units get 4-5 chapters before hand to level up after they promote.

Eh. I'm not going to go into detail about this, but Marth is a better lord IMO, he just has 10 less level ups.

Also, Marth's speed cap is 25, Ike's is 28. Marth on average won't reach that cap, Ike will. Ike was completely broken though.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I dont know who all is bringing one here i know that some people who are going to the lan are bringing some and they also already have some there, i just dont have an exact count.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Bows are a pain in the *** most of the time. Sure, you get that one attack where they don't hit you, but then during the enemy phase they get up to 4 attacks on you without you being able to do anything. Say you give Eliwood a Javelin or Hector a Hand Axe, then they can respond to any attack except for bolting, balistae, and long bows. Lyn's good for her strength growth, but post-promotion I find her inferior to a lot of units, especially when these units get 4-5 chapters before hand to level up after they promote.

Eh. I'm not going to go into detail about this, but Marth is a better lord IMO, he just has 10 less level ups.

Also, Marth's speed cap is 25, Ike's is 28. Marth on average won't reach that cap, Ike will. Ike was completely broken though.
Well, come on, Ike was broken though.
Here's the thing though: Supposing that situation were to occur, here's what would happen:
Hector would ****, because well, that's what he does.
Lyndis would dodge most of the attacks, because she was essentially an improved swordmaster (well, Rutger was beter, but that's no surprise) with a bow who gets shafted at the end.
Eliwood would suck and probably die, because he generally sucks the whole game except when he kills Ninian (lulz).

Scribble, if you do find a ride, is there any chance it can stop at my house so we can smuggle a TV out?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Im prolly gonna ride with ashley with my tv and have larry take me back with it, i dont think id be able to stop anywhere, do you know anyone who is coming down that may be able to stop?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Not that I can think of...
ARG! Guess I can't bring my TV then... (Unless someone wants to stop at my place on the way there.)

Also, to everyone wanting/accepting to MM me, I will be easy to spot, as I'll be the one with a penguin on my head.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Also, to everyone wanting/accepting to MM me, I will be easy to spot, as I'll be the one with a penguin on my head.
Considering that I haven't yet lost a set of Falcon dittos to you, I'd be happy to win another (we don't have to put money on it if you aren't willing to part with any).

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Woohoo MM #2! I was hoping you'd take the challenge! I'm kinda sad though that of all the MMs I have set up for the next 2 weeks, they are all in brawl ) =

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
lolz me no go.
didn't realize there were no c4sh prizesssssssssssss

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Is there any chance that someone could pick me up on the way there (I'm about 5 minutes away from Dayton's downtown area)? I can make it by bus, but I can bring 1-2 TVs if someone comes to pick me up, and I will be willing to pay for the gas your spending to pick me up (though give me a day to get confirmation on the TVs anyway. Can't seem to tget a hold of my landlady...).

Also, who else is bringing TVs?

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
were you that sure you were going to win anyway?
OUCH:laugh:
Is there any chance that someone could pick me up on the way there (I'm about 5 minutes away from Dayton's downtown area)? I can make it by bus, but I can bring 1-2 TVs if someone comes to pick me up, and I will be willing to pay for the gas your spending to pick me up (though give me a day to get confirmation on the TVs anyway. Can't seem to tget a hold of my landlady...).

Also, who else is bringing TVs?
If I convince my ride (mommy) to pick you up, can I keep the controller?

e__

Smash Ace
Clowsui you haven't played any of these people before don't act like you're better than them. You have no idea how good anyone you haven't played against is.

And no johns.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
No johns, Chi. Tripping is funny and makes the game more entertaining. Just like real life. You don't see Marth complaining about a sprained wrist when he trips...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
He's just that manly!

Well Fizzle, I don't think that's fair, but if no one else agrees to give me a ride, I guess I'll have to agree... Do you even ave room for 2 TVs in your car though?

Top Bottom