• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Free For All Codeset/Agenda - Say goodbye to ladders!

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
IF YOU SUPPORT THE CREATION OF ANY OF THESE CODES OR ONE UNLISTED, TELL US ABOUT IT. THE MORE SUPPORT WE HAVE FOR THIS CAUSE, THE MORE LIKELY IT IS THAT SOMEONE WILL HELP US!

Alright, so we all know that Brawl+ is great and all, but I feel that the casual players are being ignored by it. Hackers are hard at work trying to make the game more fun for tourneys, but what about just playing with your friends? I made this thread in hope that some of the codes that I want to make the Brawl+ better for FFA's and casual matches can become a reality. Any Ideas are welcome. I will begin by posting my list of codes I think are needed.

The use of the word Casual is apparently very touchy, so I feel the need to explain it. The casual nature of these codes are in comparison to Brawl+ tourney rules. These are important codes that improve the competitive mood in non tourney environments.

As was very correctly mentioned by FireKirby, the threads title is unintentionally misleading. It says Casual where it should really say something like non tourney. If you are competitive but don't always listen to the official tournament rules, this is where you submit codes that would otherwise be ignored (they may still be ignored, but hopefully not).

To Do List
(Individual?) Stage Hazard Strength Modifier
Every stage with hazards becomes fun w/o OHKO.

Universal Size Mod that scales B moves
It has been said that in its current for it will never be used in the plusery set

No auto fire jabs
Holding "A" does the first jab once and does not repeat the first jab like in snake.

Sub Stage Frequency Modifier (how often do you get 1-1, 1-2, Dialga, Palkia, Cresselia etc.)
Who Likes 1-2? I mean really.

Team Battles stuff doesn't target your team mate
Blue Team Mate 1: Silly Starme, swift is for reds

Squirtle doesn't drown
He's a turtle, turtles swim. 'Nuff said

No random exploding crates/capsules
For those who like Items but not dying

Bug Fixes
Bowser Can't be Healed? - Need to confirm this
Most likely a byproduct of his thick skin.

Unneeded and Trivial but fricken sweet stuff
Ness's Bat makes the Home Run Bat sound again - Coming Soon!
SCREECH!! > THWACK!

No intro movie (hopefully greatly reducing start up load times)
Why load a movie your not going to watch?

Voices stay scaled back during death scream
Hearing Alvin die is so satisfying.

If you support the cause, please make sure your voice is heard. Link to this thread in your sig and do your best to (nicely) ask hackers you know to help out.

Unversal Size Mod [spunit262] (glitchy with items, B moves don't scale)
04AD76C0 XXXXXXXX
Recommended Floats
.93 - 3F6E147B
.95 - 3F733333

No Ladders [spunit262] (Makes SSE impossible while turned on)
04858E18 38600000
NON STANDARD MOVEMENT CODES
Init-Dash Cancel V2.1 [Phantom Wings, spunit262]
C2764EBC 00000007
90810014 54846CFE
2C0417E5 41A00024
809EFFFC 80A4007C
80A50038 2C050005
41A10010 3C004F00
80840014 90040040
60000000 00000000

FF Anytime V1.1 [spunit262, Phantom Wings]
C27651BC 00000008
887E007C 2C030000
40A20030 809E0014
54846CFE 2C0417E5
41A00020 809EFFFC
80840070 80840024
8084001C 80A40000
60A50004 90A40000
60000000 00000000

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Competitive play can be fun with friends too. D:

This is a cool idea though. Especially the Ness bat making the Home Run Bat noise. :chuckle:

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Competitive play can be fun with friends too. D:

This is a cool idea though. Especially the Ness bat making the Home Run Bat noise. :chuckle:
The point I was trying to get across is codes that make Brawl better that won't impact the tourney scene. For example, the ones I posted only effect illegal stages.

BEES

Smash Lord
Nothing can probably be done about 75m and Mario Bros. Which is a shame, because they're innovative stages, but the walkoffs completely ruin them.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Nothing can probably be done about 75m and Mario Bros. Which is a shame, because they're innovative stages, but the walkoffs completely ruin them.
Nothing can be done be done to fix 75m or Mario Bros for tournaments, but when winning is only 90% of what matters (the other 10% is just having fun), walkoffs aren't a problem. If the enemies were much less powerful in both stages and if ladders didn't get in your way in 75m I think they would both be fun to play in.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
uh there are all kind of stupid codes you can get in the code threads. just look for them. you can make peach throw pokeballs or w/e

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Brawl+ is a competitive mod, so casual Brawl+ is kind of an oxymoron. You might rename your project.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
lol very good point there shell. I didn't even think about that. Wasnt there a thread that listed all sorts of random dumb codes already?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
you can guarantee 1-1 or 1-2 to appear based on what button you are holding.
Not if you play random stage you can't.

uh there are all kind of stupid codes you can get in the code threads. just look for them. you can make peach throw pokeballs or w/e
Thats not the purpose of this project. This is still the same project as Brawl+, I'm just trying to get non tourney goers to have a voice.

Brawl+ is a competitive mod, so casual Brawl+ is kind of an oxymoron. You might rename your project.
But it doesn't have to be that way. Last I checked its called Brawl+, not Brawl Competitive Edition. Believe it or not, the super hard core aren't the only people who, disappointed with vBrawl, turned to the hackers for help. I use all the Brawl+ settings and all my friends think its way better than vBrawl, but many problems are being ignored because they don't effect the tourney scene. If battlefield had ladders would a No Ladder Hack be made? Not only would it, I'm sure it would be one of the first made. If the hazards in pirate ship were as potent as the thorns in Rumble Falls would we weaken them? We'd try at least.

This isn't a thread where we ask for stupid crap like DeeDeeDee always throwing Hammer Tops, this is where avid BrawlPlusers who don't care about the Tourney Scene can try to get their voices heard. The name of "my project" is staying as it is because its the same one as "your project".

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Just because he labeled it as casual doesn't mean he wants people throwing bombs or instant Falcon Punches for teh lolz. He just was hoping for a few codes to make FFAs more enjoyable. It seems like a noble project. Plenty of people will try FFAs first when the start Brawl+ and these codes can make them a little more enjoyable.

Also, plenty of people like the casual FFA but wanted to be more rewarded for playing offensively and that's why they want B+.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Just because he labeled it as casual doesn't mean he wants people throwing bombs or instant Falcon Punches for teh lolz. He just was hoping for a few codes to make FFAs more enjoyable. It seems like a noble project. Plenty of people will try FFAs first when the start Brawl+ and these codes can make them a little more enjoyable.

Also, plenty of people like the casual FFA but wanted to be more rewarded for playing offensively and that's why they want B+.
Thank you, that's exactly what my intent is. You don't happen to know anyone who would be willing to help out do you? I was hoping that by making my own thread all my idea's wouldn't be drown in the Competitive Brawl+ page, but the problem is, all the hackers are too busy with that side of the project to come over here.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I don't know anyone. I think there is a topic here you can post in looking for help, but I don't know. You probably won't get much help until the competitive aspects are ironed out.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Not that I care that you're using the name "brawl+" in this, but do you think you could use a slightly different thread title? I clicked on this thread by accident thinking it was the real code agenda thread.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Not that I care that you're using the name "brawl+" in this, but do you think you could use a slightly different thread title? I clicked on this thread by accident thinking it was the real code agenda thread.
Sorry about that. I was going for an emphasis that it is the same project just a different side of it when I named it but I guess it was too similar. Question though, this is going to sound stupid, but how do I change a threads name?

Yeah. We should call this Brawl-.
No. Brawl+ is not a competitive mod. The competitive type may use it the most, but do you honestly think that casual players like dying for no reason, tripping, and awkward controls? Even then, the casual in the title is meant only in contrast to Competitive. Its really more of the casual hardcore who this is aimed at.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about that. I was going for an emphasis that it is the same project just a different side of it when I named it but I guess it was too similar. Question though, this is going to sound stupid, but how do I change a threads name?
double click it, i believe

matt4300

Smash Ace
I think this is a admirable endeavor. As much as I love getting my Link, samus and bowser ***** by countless MK, Snakes and marths. I also love playing FFA with my cousin,and bro. I diden't start smash to be competitive... I started like most of us here back in the 64 days. With items and FFAs..

My BIG Already half finished suggestion that sputnik actually said he was gonna do at one point is:

The smaller chars with fixed voices code!

This makes FFA and Teams Sooo much more enjoyable. The stages in brawl just dont feel like there made for the size of there chars. Melee and 64 had the perfect sizes they just feel to big in brawl.. and it detracts from the fun of 4 player FFAs becuase everything is so **** cramped.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I think this is a admirable endeavor. As much as I love getting my Link, samus and bowser ***** by countless MK, Snakes and marths. I also love playing FFA with my cousin,and bro. I diden't start smash to be competitive... I started like most of us here back in the 64 days. With items and FFAs..

My BIG Already half finished suggestion that sputnik actually said he was gonna do at one point is:

The smaller chars with fixed voices code!

This makes FFA and Teams Sooo much more enjoyable. The stages in brawl just dont feel like there made for the size of there chars. Melee and 64 had the perfect sizes they just feel to big in brawl.. and it detracts from the fun of 4 player FFAs becuase everything is so **** cramped.
That sound great for Brawl+ in general. You said its being worked on? My one concern is what about the stuff that doesn't scale down? Will jump height and projectile size be all messed up? Hopefully not, but either way I think I remember someone (may have been you) saying the size would be around 93% or somthing so the scale problems won't be too much of an issue). Can't wait. Do you want me to put it on the list?

bobson

Smash Lord
I don't care about the rest of your post, but this code very much needs to be made if it could feasibly reduce loading times instead of just loading the movie and then skipping it.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I don't care about the rest of your post, but this code very much needs to be made if it could feasibly reduce loading times instead of just loading the movie and then skipping it.
Spread the word of this thread or at least that code in general and it may be a reality. Ask any hacker your on friendly terms with and let me know what they say. If its possible, we need someone working on it, if not I would like to take it off the list so others hopes aren't raised for no reason.

matt4300

Smash Ace
That sound great for Brawl+ in general. You said its being worked on? My one concern is what about the stuff that doesn't scale down? Will jump height and projectile size be all messed up? Hopefully not, but either way I think I remember someone (may have been you) saying the size would be around 93% or somthing so the scale problems won't be too much of an issue). Can't wait. Do you want me to put it on the list?
Yeh, I always turn it on when I play casuals. It is really awsome for stages like corneria, battle field, luigis mansion.. well everywhere. There are only a few things that dont scale like D3s dees and doos, but its really barley noticable. It also changes the platform game. Being on a platform with someone below you is a terrible idea, but with this code only a few chars can hit you from below. So you actually have to get up there with them. All in all every one that I have shown Brawl + to liked the smaller chars better than the normal sized, but won't consider using it unless the sqeaky voices are fixed.
Sadly sputnik told me he would do it like a month or so ago... I don't know if he ever plans on doing now though.

So yeh, add it to the Op it's fun for all and has minimal/hardly noticable side effects.:chuckle:

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
1) What is Brawl+?

Brawl+ is a project pioneered by the smash community with the intent to make Brawl a deeper, more competitive game. With codes compiled by the hard working hackers that created them, the player has access to codes which can do anything from disabling tripping to bringing back combos. This does not mean, however, that we are trying to copy Melee, the game will still feel like Brawl, but your options will greatly expand.
change the name of this project plz you're plagiarizing us

Almas

Smash Lord
I believe spunit is working on the substage thing. You should be able to find some of his codes somewhere.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
change the name of this project plz you're plagiarizing us
"this project" is the same as yours. These are codes that will go hand in hand with hitstun, hitlag, shieldstun, no ASL, lagless ledges, buffer mods, gravity mods and anything else Smash Bros fans want to improve their game. And besides, first you will notice I changed the name to less competitive and second:
Brawl+ is a project pioneered by the smash community with the intent to make Brawl a deeper, more competitive game.
Nowhere does it say that Brawl+ is meant for tourney's only. It says MORE competitive, which is what I am trying to do.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
If the goal of this is to preserve Vanilla Brawl gameplay while enhancing the game, I'm ok with it.

Codes should include:
No Tripping (debatable, but I don't find it an integral feature in Brawl, most are annoyed by it).
No Triple Jump Glitch, Laser lock, etc (general bug fixes).
Custom CSS that has markers for Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle--as well as Shiek and Zero Suit Samus. It should include the fixed Zelda icon.
Custom default settings that set Brawl at stock, perhaps with a timer.
Infinite Replay
Infinite Stamina for Pokemon Trainer (debatable, I don't think this changes gameplay, only gives fans of the particular Pokemon the option to just main them).

I also suggest you you call this project "Brawl 1.1"

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
@Matt: did you mean sputnik or spunit? Just want to make sure I get it right.

@Almas: Do you know if it is a modifier or a button press? I saw his button press codes, and I'm sure they work (not sure about random), but a ratio modifier would be slightly more preferable. I can't entice you with any codes can I? What about feed back on plausibility?

@CyberGlitch: That is not the intention of this project. The intention is to think up hacks that make the game more fun and more competitive for the people who play FFAs with friends and don't listen to the tourney rules (stages, items, etc.)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
As jiang pointed out, Brawl+ is a competitive mod. Just because you use some of the same codes that Brawl+ does, doesn't mean that it is Brawl+.

You have to draw a line somewhere, and the easiest way is ideology / purpose.

In order to be constructive, however, I will post some alternative names:

Casual Brawl Tweaks

Fun Brawl Additions

Non-Competitive Brawl Mods

etc.

Even if you must keep the title of the project, for the love of everything holy, change the name of your Thread Title, it is way too close to the Brawl+ Code agenda. Thank you.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Disable Ladders
Rumble Falls and 75m can actually be playable

(Individual?) Stage Hazard Strength Modifier
Every stage with hazards becomes fun w/o OHKO.

Sub Stage Frequency Modifier (how often do you get 1-1, 1-2, Dialga, Palkia, Cresselia etc.)
Who Likes 1-2? I mean really.

Smaller characters without messed up voices - sputnik?
Make FFA's and Team Matches less cramped.

how do any of these codes make the game more deeper or competitive this is just an excuse to post a list of hacks you want made just go ask for them yourself like everyone else in the code request thread

stupid thread imo

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
As jiang pointed out, Brawl+ is a competitive mod. Just because you use some of the same codes that Brawl+ does, doesn't mean that it is Brawl+.

You have to draw a line somewhere, and the easiest way is ideology / purpose.

In order to be constructive, however, I will post some alternative names:

Casual Brawl Tweaks

Fun Brawl Additions

Non-Competitive Brawl Mods

etc.

Even if you must keep the title of the project, for the love of everything holy, change the name of your Thread Title, it is way too close to the Brawl+ Code agenda. Thank you.
Is it still too close? Sorry I thought that the both starting with C and ending with code agenda was the problem.

And you all keep on bringing up how I'm not competitive. Last I checked Competitive =/= tourney scene. You can play FFA with your friends all stages on competitively. I am endorsing a more competitive Brawl, just I'm trying to make sure that every stage not just the tourney legal ones are given the chance to be the best they can be. Compared to tourney goers, this is casual hence the original name, but when you look at the big picture, this is pretty competitive, way more than vBrawl FFAs.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
how do any of these codes make the game more deeper or competitive this is just an excuse to post a list of hacks you want made just go ask for them yourself like everyone else in the code request thread

stupid thread imo
How do they make the game more competitive? Are you serious? First, make sure you compare Brawl+ FFA to vBrawl FFA and not Brawl+ 1v1 tourney. Now, are you really asking how making hazards not OHKO you is competitive? Really? The hazards should get in the way not kill you. Just that is way deeper if you ask me.

Next the ladders. Say you had to play on 75m regardless of whether or not you like it. Would you rather play with ladders getting in your way and canceling any up attack you attempt, or would you rather play without ladders? Once again, way more competitive than vBrawl.

Sub Stage Frequency. You are a little correct in that this doesn't make the game deeper per say, but it does make it better.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
You're right, to a certain extent. However, in a sub-forum dominated by Brawl+, it will be compared to Brawl+, not vBrawl. Thus it is casual.

THE LESS COMPETITIVE Brawl+ : Code Agenda/Awareness Thread

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

And you really don't think these are too similar?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
can you just call it something else

my wishlist to the hacker slave elves at santas shop
What the heck is your problem? Why does the name bother you so much? You want stupid design choices fixed for your tourneys, I want stupid design choices fixed for my friendlies. Just because you follow a bracket and don't play in every stage doesn't mean you asking hackers for help is any more noble. If the hackers are slave elves in my thread (which they're not) then they are slave elves in the plusery and in kupo's code agenda.

You're right, to a certain extent. However, in a sub-forum dominated by Brawl+, it will be compared to Brawl+, not vBrawl. Thus it is casual.

THE LESS COMPETITIVE Brawl+ : Code Agenda/Awareness Thread

And you really don't think these are too similar?
Sorry I assumed that the mix ups were due to quickly looking at
and

CASUAL Brawl+: Code Agenda

both have the structure

C------- Brawl+: Code Agenda

I'll change the name. Any suggestions (the Brawl+ is staying)?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I don't think it's a problem but if everyone has their panties in a bunch over it just call it:

Brawl+ Free For All Codeset/Agenda

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I don't think it's a problem but if everyone has their panties in a bunch over it just call it:

Brawl+ Free For All Codeset/Agenda
Thanks, that's what I went with. It's short and to the point and doesn't include casual in it. I'll may change the OP and try to remove as much emphasis on casual as possible.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
So turn off the music that plays in 1-2. You'll never have it random again.
Really? That works? I'll check later today. I still think that the option should be there for people who want it, but If if works I'll change the OP to include that tip. Thanks!

Edit: Nope doesn't work.

Top Bottom