• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Free For All Codeset/Agenda - Say goodbye to ladders!

kupo15

Smash Hero
so if this code works, does that mean stage hazards give damage but no kb and players deal damage only and no kb?

Almas

Smash Lord
Actually, if functional, it currently sets stage effect knockback to 1/3. Just an arbitary value. It'd be impossible to remove stage effect knockback using this method, but you can reduce it to a ridiculously low value if desired.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I wish I knew which number did that to achieve that value since its been a while since stages attacked me. I guess I'll test it on Flat zone (omg useful) since everyone else around here is lazy. Almas, you should have posted in my thread for more enthusiasm

Edit: Ok tested this out. I changed the last four to .1 and yes the stage hazards did like nothing to me. I got some interesting results though. It seems to affect char attacks. I survived a bowser fsmash at 700% but at times I died at 10 from a bowser fair or uthrow. It was weird.

Almas

Smash Lord
I did not post it in the other thread because this is not a competitive code.

The settings that it was set to should have produced observable outcomes as they were - your modifications through some things out of balance.

Thanks anyway, I guess.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Thanks a bunch Almas, I can't test the code quite yet, but when I get back from church *gags* I'll try to test it out. It's also going onto the OP. Question, you can change the 1/3 right? Because I'm kind of concerned about norfair / brinstar lava. It may need higher knock back. Great job though can't wait to try it out.

Almas

Smash Lord
The first four and second four should be reciprocals of each other.

I did just think up a way to make it stage specific, though.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Sweet. That sounds good, too bad we won't be getting Gecko 2.0 for a while / ever. For me, I can just replace stage freezing with this though, because I don't believe in stage freezing. Really appreciate it Almas. I hope to try it out some time today, but I'm not sure if it will work out.

EDIT: Sorry to say Almas, but the code doesn't work. I had a feeling after seeing all the repetition in your lines, but scaling back atk and def proportionally doesn't work because for whatever reason, some B moves don't account for defense. For example, Marios B^ is a OHKO. Also, 1/3 is too much for Norfair as the Lava doesn't keep you bouncing up, you fall through after a couple hits.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
So basically, two fixes to the code would be:

-Make the code unaffected to characters.
and
-Possibly stage specific, some stages have a lot more knockback in their hazards (75m).

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Well the problem is, that's not really a stage hazard modifier, its attack and defense modifiers for P1 P2 P3 and P4 setup in a way that it creates the illusion of a weaker stage. On paper this makes sense, but for whatever reason some attacks (I think they are the momentum based B^s) don't apply defense. As a result, they are 3 times more powerful than they should be.

As for your second bullet, your right on target. I would say the biggest problems are the Metroid stages and Mario Circuit (Lava has to keep you up, and the Karts are already just right).

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Because otherwise he would be way OP in water stages. Same reason why Kirby can't fly forever

Revven

FrankerZ
Because otherwise he would be way OP in water stages. Same reason why Kirby can't fly forever
Not really, sure, he could camp in the water all dai but, Squirtle doesn't have a meteor much less, many options in the water. PLUS, he still suffers from that lag that everyone experiences when they first get in the water, so, you could easily meteor him at that point.

He doesn't benefit much, really.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I guess, I don't really see how it really adds anything to the game, and probably won't be worth the lines, but since the code doesn't make a farce of the game, I guess I'll put it in the OP (wow that kind of confusing OP = Original Post AND Over Powered???).

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
dude

whho is soooo sick of the american menu, and just wants to have the good ol japanese menu and words? or did they crop that crap out >_< ?

Ulevo

Smash Master
I do not know if this would be appropriate here, as it would be of use to both casual and competitive players, but I figured the Plusery has enough talk going on as is.

I believe that ZSS should be optional at the character selection screen. Zelda/Sheik are, as are Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur. The data to do this is present within Brawl. We have the announcement name for the character, as well as a character selection image. I believe that one of the prime reasons why ZSS is rarely ever chosen as a character is due to the fact that she isn't on the character selection screen, so it rarely crosses the minds of players to give her a try. At least I feel this would be worth while.

We can already put ZSS on the select screen. There's a code to edit the Character Select Screen and put any character you want on it, including independent pokemon, ZSS, Giga Bowser, the works.

WiiRD's code database should have it.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
The problem I am seeing is a massive lack of lines. Now that Gecko 2.0 is M.I.A, its going to be pretty much impossible to get these codes standard. The only way they are usable, is if you turn off certain codes (I turn off stage freeze).

Slashy

Smash Lord
Some of your codes, such as the no ladder codes, make SSE impossible.

Also, I think that Auto-Fire jabs were a good addition to Brawl.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Meh, nothing personal, but I really don't like SSE and even if I did like it, Brawl+ is geared toward multiplayer anyways, we don't see anyone trying to balance HRC. If you enjoy SSE then I guess either turn off no ladders before playing it, or play vBrawl SSE. I will put a note on the OP though.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Thanks, I wish my answer wasn't correct, because I created this thread to prevent tourney people from abandoning the less competitive, but the fix for this would be at least 2 or 3 more lines which we really can't spare anymore now that gecko 2.0 isn't looking like it is going to show up anytime soon.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Took me a while to figure out what you were even talking about, but I got it now. I've wondered about pokemon trainers sanity regarding Charizard before too. Seriously, who the heck teaches their Charizard rock smash? And Ivysaur is screwed an any battle where grass is not very effective. Pokemon trainer should go back to Pallet town.

Disclaimer: I actually love Pkmn trainer, its just that his move set would suck in the Pokemon games

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
hmm... kupo, do you think this would be OP? Because part of this thread is about making good design choices like in the plusery and what not. Just for fun goes in the code list, where fun and not game breaking goes here. Thanks for the heads up though, can people start testing this code? I need to get to school.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
How about a code that gives a player a final smash when you inflict 200% damage (to any combination of players).

Also, a code that only l-cancels when you fastfall.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Sorry, but those don't really seem like the kind of code the Brawl+ community would ever be looking for. Although it sounds like some people may find it fun to use, it detracts from the competitive nature of Smash

kupo15

Smash Hero
thought Id bring these over here because we won't use it for competitive play
Code:
Init-Dash Cancel V2.1 [Phantom Wings, spunit262]
C2764EBC 00000007
90810014 54846CFE
2C0417E5 41A00024
809EFFFC 80A4007C
80A50038 2C050005
41A10010 3C004F00
80840014 90040040
60000000 00000000

FF Anytime V1.1 [spunit262, Phantom Wings]
C27651BC 00000008
887E007C 2C030000
40A20030 809E0014
54846CFE 2C0417E5
41A00020 809EFFFC
80840070 80840024
8084001C 80A40000
60A50004 90A40000
60000000 00000000

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Thanks, personally I would never use something as game altering as those if they weren't part of the official code set, but if I keep em here, you can clean up your thread so I'm glad to house these codes.

That was a pretty brutal run-on but I don't feel like fixing it, so I hope you can figure it out.

Top Bottom