• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Free For All Codeset/Agenda - Say goodbye to ladders!

Almas

Smash Lord
Guys, please quit the trolling about the thread name. Maybe Brawl+ isn't the most appopriate name, but it's by no means rights-protected. Let's try and avoid COMPLETE derailment.

That said, I have no interest in working on any of those codes. I might be able to set ladder movespeed to 0, but with that you may still be able to cling to them, or the game might just crash whenever you touch one.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Guys, please quit the trolling about the thread name. Maybe Brawl+ isn't the most appopriate name, but it's by no means rights-protected. Let's try and avoid COMPLETE derailment.

That said, I have no interest in working on any of those codes. I might be able to set ladder movespeed to 0, but with that you may still be able to cling to them, or the game might just crash whenever you touch one.
Okay, thanks for all you've done for Brawl+ in general though. I don't know a lot about hacking, but would it work to just do what PW did for the beta momentum code and just disable the part of the game where it attempts to cling on?

Almas

Smash Lord
Yup. The game runs 800 million operations per second, so you can't just check when codes are executed. While values in memory may change when you go on a ladder, many of them are probably only partially related (for example, your position will inevitably change). And if/when you do find the correct value, you can't just force it to never be set to 'X is climbing a ladder', because that'll more than likely just cause the game to crash. Especially true if there's more than one location storing the data, because then the game will freak out at the inconsistencies.

You can't just modify the code which writes to said location in memory you when you're gripping a ladder, because it's probably not the same segment as the location which actually deals with gripping said ladder, and it's nigh-on impossible to retrace the steps of the game's code.

The ends don't justify the very gruelling, dull means.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Crap, is there any other way? How is it that we have so many codes if it is that much of a pain to figure out? And really 800 million? Wow.

Almas

Smash Lord
Because most codes aren't focused on completely removing one form of movement. Most deal with either modifying the game's variables, or modifying what the game does with them.

800 million isn't that many, all things considered. You have to think that these are very basic operations - adding two numbers together, writing something to memory, things like that.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
So the better way to handle this would be modifying the way the game handles the alert that you are climbing and make it so you don't climb

matt4300

Smash Ace
Cool, good thing you guys got the name thing sorted out.

Yeh, I ment spunit. I diden't remeber his exact name and sputnik makes more sense than spunit :/ so I went with that. Wait wait now im confused is there a sputnik and a spunit? Im just talking about the well known haker here thats made some of the codes we use in brawl+. Don't know wich his name was .... >_>'

Oddly enough when he said he would get around to it people were really into the idea, it's in one of these threads. The dude with the freekaziod avatar was also in on it. I also don't know if he plans on actually doing now... at the time he told me it was last on his "to code" list. Guess you or I could PM him? (and try not to sound like gravleing moochers)

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Cool, good thing you guys got the name thing sorted out.

Yeh, I ment spunit. I diden't remeber his exact name and sputnik makes more sense than spunit :/ so I went with that. Wait wait now im confused is there a sputnik and a spunit? Im just talking about the well known haker here thats made some of the codes we use in brawl+. Don't know wich his name was .... >_>'

Oddly enough when he said he would get around to it people were really into the idea, it's in one of these threads. The dude with the freekaziod avatar was also in on it. I also don't know if he plans on actually doing now... at the time he told me it was last on his "to code" list. Guess you or I could PM him? (and try not to sound like gravleing moochers)
I've asked him about stuff before and he just ignored me, so I don't really know what would be best. As much as I don't want to admit it, I doubt any one is willing to help until the competitive hacks are finalized. I'm still going to keep this alive though in hope that someone decides to help us, and also just so finishing touches can be nice and organized for later. I won't be around till Thursday starting tomorrow, so I kind of hope nothing horrible happens in that time. And I'm not sure if Sputnik is a hacker, but there are like 3 of them on smashboards

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
It would be nice if in teams, your partner wouldn't be targeted by your items (when Friendly Fire is on). I think it's dumb that my Starmie decides that my friend is closer and starts nailing him with swift attack.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
It would be nice if in teams, your partner wouldn't be targeted by your items (when Friendly Fire is on). I think it's dumb that my Starmie decides that my friend is closer and starts nailing him with swift attack.
Really, that happens? Lame. I don't know if its even slightly plausible that is, but I'll add it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if im not mistaken, cant u just hold R when choosing mushroomy kingdom to get 1-2? i actually like it more than 1-1 lol

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Here's an idea:

Voice modifiers that affect your death cry. Eg: When you die with the super mushroom, your death cry sounds exactly the same as if you didn't. That was half the fun of playing tiny/giant melee.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
if im not mistaken, cant u just hold R when choosing mushroomy kingdom to get 1-2? i actually like it more than 1-1 lol
While I am aware of the button combo's (I think its L or R for 1-2 and X for 1-1), this only works if you pick the stage so random is unaffected. Also, there is a problem if you like 1-2 more, but still really like 1-1 so you want the game to pick for you, but say you want the 1-1 to 1-2 ratio to be 1:3.

Here's an idea:

Voice modifiers that affect your death cry. Eg: When you die with the super mushroom, your death cry sounds exactly the same as if you didn't. That was half the fun of playing tiny/giant melee.
The only problem that I would see is that the voices may actually be new sound files not just adjustments to the normal voice. If that were the case it would be impossible. I'll put it up under the trivial stuff category with Ness's bat.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I just thought of something. You can probably make the no ladder climbing yourself by using the action modifier. The ID for climbing ladders is not known but you can actually do some digging around to find it and replace it with the Fall 1 action.

This might work

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I just thought of something. You can probably make the no ladder climbing yourself by using the action modifier. The ID for climbing ladders is not known but you can actually do some digging around to find it and replace it with the Fall 1 action.

This might work
I just may try this. Can you direct me to wherever the info I need is? I'll look for it latter, but it would be great if I could be sent in the right direction. What do you mean by digging? Are you proposing that I guess random values/ fill in the blanks, or is there somewhere I can find out the info I need?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Player Action Modifier: (Phantom Wings)
4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C0XXX 40820008
3B800YYY 60000000
939E0038 00000000
XXX=replaced
YYY=replaced with
Notes:
1. Some actions are only for specific people (crawling for example) and will cause a freeze if used with those who can't use that action.
2. Some action replacements will cause the game to freeze if certain requirements aren't met(throwing when you don't have someone, or standing in midair don't work)
LIST:
000 Stand
001 Walk
003 Dash
004 Run
005 Stop
006 Turn 1
007 Turn 2
008 Stop Turn
00A Start Jump
00B Jump
00C Second Jump
00E Fall 1
00F Fall 2
010 Fall Dissabled
011 Enter Crouch
012 Crouch
015 Exit Crouch
016 Land 1
017 Land 2
019 Land Dissabled
01A Enter Shield
01B Shield
01C Exit Shield
01D Perfect Shield??
01E Dodge
01F Roll Forward
020 Roll Back
021 Air Dodge
024 N Attack(and Combo)
026 R Attack
027 S Attack
028 U Attack
029 D Attack
02A S Smash Charge
02B S Smash
02C S Smash(again?)
02D D Smash Charge
02E D Smash
02F D Smash
030 U Smash Charge
031 U Smash
032 U Smash
033 Air Attack(All???)
034 Grab
035 Grabbing Enemy
039 Hold
03A Grab Attack
03B Release
03C Throw
03E Held
03F Held Damage
040 Escape
042 Thrown
043 Damage 1
044 Damage 2
045 Air Damage
046 Hit ground(back)
047 Hit ground(face)
0BD Death
*0BE Respawn
0F2 Enlarge(and Size Revert)
0F3 Shrink(and Size Revert)
10B Unloaded
10C Taunt(All 3)
10D
*10E Entrance
*10F Victory(All)
*110 Loss
* These ones can't be replaced with the standard action replacement code. But they can be used for a replacement. If you want to replace these, use the Special Action Modifier code.

kupo15

Smash Hero
yep.

There is also a big gab from 047 to 0BD. That is like almost 90 blanks right there. Replace like the taunt button with the blanks and see what happens. You should also record all the blanks because it might be useful to fill up the rest

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
yep.

There is also a big gab from 047 to 0BD. That is like almost 90 blanks right there. Replace like the taunt button with the blanks and see what happens. You should also record all the blanks because it might be useful to fill up the rest
Geez this is going to be a pain, but if it worth having the hackers do, its worth doing myself too. I sent a PM to Almas asking if he thinks it would work or if its a waste of time, so I'll start tomorrow or whenever he gets back to me. I wish my computers were set up in a more convenient way, but whatever I really want to enjoy 75m.

Adapt

Smash Lord
What about getting rid of the random plumes of fire that shoot out of the background of norfair?

I think that would go a long way to making norfair to be "morfair" (more fair, yes... bad pun)

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
What about getting rid of the random plumes of fire that shoot out of the background of norfair?

I think that would go a long way to making norfair to be "morfair" (more fair, yes... bad pun)
Personally I'm not too sure about that one. I think that adjusting the power of the plumes would be more appropriate, but if you still feel that removing them would be better, I'll put it up on the OP.

And as someone who originally read Norfair as Nofair when I first saw it, I thought the pun was pretty good.

Slashy

Smash Lord
You should join the Brawl+ chatroom and discuss it there. I agree with you on this, we haven't fixed all the problems until we address all of the ways the player will play the game.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
LOL don't mess with norfair I love it the way it is.

But if you do mess with it you also have to look at the following stages

(Pirate ship) Bombs anyones?
(Halberd) IM FIRIN MY LAZER and other stuff

and others

such as picto chat and brinstar

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
LOL don't mess with norfair I love it the way it is.

But if you do mess with it you also have to look at the following stages

(Pirate ship) Bombs anyones?
(Halberd) IM FIRIN MY LAZER and other stuff

and others

such as picto chat and brinstar
I also love it that way, which is why I want the stage hazards to be weakened to the point where its only a distraction not a threat.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
No Ladders [spunit262]
04858E18 38600000

I'm kind of sick and can't think too well so I'm going to work on some of the simpler codes on my todo list.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Thanks so much spunit! I was working on the same code, but it wasn't going too well, and as you know assuming you've been reading this thread, my methods were not as good. I hope you feel better soon.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Tojan, I have a code request.

No auto fire jabs

This is only found in characters like falcon, pika, ZSS, snake, jiggs (?) ike, wolf squirtle (?)..ect where you hold the A button and they repeat the first jab jab over and over until it connects with something. This code would remove it so they have to time their jabs properly like the rest of the cast and so that they get some punishment for a missed jab attempt. They too should learn to time their jabs properly instead of having the game cancel the punishable lag. For all characters except these you have to position your jab correctly and time it correctly but this feature removes the timing from the scenario which is half of fighting games

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I'm not saying there shouldn't be a code made to change it if you want to play that way, but multijabs aren't broken, they have really punishable lag afterwards and you just need minimal DI to get out if you're caught in them. Jiggs has a two-hit jab and Squirtle has a three jab combo thing. Falco and Fox have infinite jabs.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Thanks for bringing it to my thread, I'll put it in the OP. I gotta ask though, why? My thread is pretty much on life support and yours is still flourishing. Last I checked its already on your list of to dos, but I guess having it in more than one place won't hurt.

I just want to make sure, is the code your asking for to disable holding A altogether? Or is it something different? Would MK be exempt in the ideal code or will it work as a nerf for him?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm not saying there shouldn't be a code made to change it if you want to play that way, but multijabs aren't broken, they have really punishable lag afterwards and you just need minimal DI to get out if you're caught in them. Jiggs has a two-hit jab and Squirtle has a three jab combo thing. Falco and Fox have infinite jabs.
Um, I never said to remove multi hit attacks. And whats with this "its not broken so yea..." stuff? That's all people have been telling me and its annoying. You know, lucario's aura power isn't broken yet we are discussing removing it.
Thanks for bringing it to my thread, I'll put it in the OP. I gotta ask though, why? My thread is pretty much on life support and yours is still flourishing. Last I checked its already on your list of to dos, but I guess having it in more than one place won't hurt.

I just want to make sure, is the code your asking for to disable holding A altogether? Or is it something different? Would MK be exempt in the ideal code or will it work as a nerf for him?
Even though I want to see it in brawl+, this thread seems perfect for it and spunit is sick so this code seems fairly easy to do so I'd thought I'd advertise it. My room mate hates it and screws up because of it (noobish)

No, holding A to do the AAA is fine. What I don't like is how some characters can repeat the first jab until it connects before it goes into the AAA. All characters should jab once when you press A and miss, not go completely nuts. I'm not sure how I feel about multihit moves being automatic. I guess it doesn't bother me as much as the prejab routine with those select characters. I feel with those jabs you just have to get in the right situation and let the game take care of he timing when you should be responsible for positioning AND timing. It seems like such an anti competitive aspect

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
It doesn't sound quite as easy as you think it would be, but I'm putting it into the OP right now. Can you check to make sure the description is right?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Try changing it to this.

Holding "A" does the first jab once and does not repeat the first jab like in snake.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Um, I never said to remove multi hit attacks. And whats with this "its not broken so yea..." stuff? That's all people have been telling me and its annoying. You know, lucario's aura power isn't broken yet we are discussing removing it.
Didn't you want to remove multijabs? The term for nonstop jabs when the A button is held...
And I said it's your thing, I just pointed out that the premise is not imbalanced in my opinion, feel free to use whatever codes you want.

Patpen14

Smash Rookie
While I have no code skills or knowledge, I would like to throw my support behind this thread. Fight the good fight, TrojanPooh!

Almas

Smash Lord
I'd be interested to know if
Code:
Stage Effect Knockback Modifier [Almas, 8 Lines]
0528B2C8 40400000
052DD2c8 40400000
0532F2C8 40400000
053812C8 40400000
0528B2CC 3EAAAAAB
052DD2CC 3EAAAAAB
0532F2CC 3EAAAAAB