• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[05/22/09][APP] BrawlPlusTweaker! Version 0.096! B+ Maker!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
BrawlPlusTweaker v0.096

photo courtesy of spork_kitty

HOW TO USE Brawl+ Tweaker:
Considering the lack of a proper FAQ, xatm092 has actually made a small tutorial
WATCH IT before you start asking questions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJXJJsaqY0o

Lastest Changes (v0.096)

• Added a B+ creator that will create B+ files for all the selected codes into a folder of your choice.
  • Fixed an issue where the ']' wouldn't appear in the Information line of TXT files
  • Properly formats codes with spaces and line feeds before writing to TXT files
  • Upgraded to .NET Framework 3.0 (C# 3.0)
To be done for next major release:

• Create some sort of DLL/Plugin support for b+ files
  • Expand b+ functionality and make a Hitbox Code Mod b+ from the new system
To Do:

• Add some sort of online database for b+ files
  • Some sort of notification that there isn't enough space in the tab to show all options (perhaps an auto resize button)
  • Make a collection file format to remember certain options selected
  • Duplicate code finder
  • DLL/Plug-in system

NOTICE
v0.096
In this release there are very few bug fixes. The big thing is the B+ creator. Just pick the codes you want and click Save to B+ and it'll generate B+ files for you. It'll come in handy in the future when I create the database.

v0.095
I think I've fixed all known issues at the moment (the tabpage issue has been fixed). I also am including some of MK26's B+ files but hopefully I'll find the time to make the database to host B+ files soon enough.
Oh and scroll bars in tab pages for you low-res folks

v0.094
I fixed the issue with line count not appearing. Anything between 256 and 430 is yellow and red past 430

v0.093
You can now move items a bit easier now. Items are added to the list view in the order that they were activated (no guessing where it's going to go on the list). You can move items by right clicking on them or press Alt+Up/Down. You can move multiple items at a time as well. You would probably only want this to make sure code activators (SnapShot or doubleGCT) are last.
Also PPC (really any other CPU type that uses Big-Endian) is now supported for SnapShot file creation. This means people with older macs shouldn't have issues anymore.
Also I fixed an issue some people were having issues where the sdkey and sdiv files were not found even though they were in the same directory as BrawlPlusTweaker.exe

v0.092
Added version in bottom right of form.
Fixed last code not showing up when parsing txt files if no blank line existed after code
Fixed ampersand (&) not appearing in custom code titles
Fixed GCT => BIN not working

v0.091
Snapshot encryption bugfix. It should be working now. Nothing else really.

v0.09
The good is news I figured out encrypt snapshot files. We can now have smaller files. This also allows it to be multiplatform if you run Mono on Linux or Mac OS X. The bad news is, encrypting those files use private Nintendo keys so it's illegal under DMCA to include said key. I removed Xane's crypter but so you can encrypt it yourself with Xane's Crypter file or just add the sdkey.bin sdiv.bin to the BrawlPlusTweaker folder. If you make it as a sdkey.txt/sdiv.txt file instead of .bin to program will automatically make a binary file for you (meaning you find the keys on the internet, copy it to notepad, save as sdkey.txt and/or sdiv.txt and you'll be back with auto-encrypting). There also a few more things as said in the change log above. Now that's it's back to a smaller size, I'll add it as an attachment

v0.08
Because a lot of people were having trouble encrypting the file manually, the program now encrypts for you. Make sure the encryption folder is in the same folder as Brawl+ Tweaker. I'm sorry about the size (1.5MB ouch!). I'm not sure what Xane how Xane is encrypting so I had to include it (with all the libraries). Once I figure it out (or get the source) I'll remove the need for large external libraries.

v0.07
GCT to Snapshot converter. That's it. I didn't have time to include the encryption. You'd have to do it manually.

v0.06
Okay, so I added folder support now. Just make a folder full of your B+ files and it'll make a separate tab for it. I included all of Brawlplusery v3.3 in a folder so you can see.

v0.05
So this is the start of something big. I made my own little Friend Finder thing. In it you put your Nickname, Version of Brawl+ you're using, location, info and Friend Code. It's really beta but it's better than nothing. It connects to my server at home and my server is running an application to organize.
Give it a try. I'll leave it running for while.

v0.04

Okay v004 is up. I fixed the problem many of you were having. I use mixing .NET Framework v2.0 and .NET Framework v3.5. The program opens in v2.0 and some functions only run on v3.5. (All textbox checks and modifying the datagrid). I dropped the code to v2.0 and had to do some rewrites. I also included some Brawl+ 3.2 examples files.

v0.03
I now added support for Custom Codes. Make a separate .B+ file in the same folder as the program and it'll pick up on launch. I included an example.b+ , TripleJumpFix.b+ and MomentumCapture.b+ so you can see how it works.If you want to add a file manually, click Import File.
TXT are made Ocarina compatible (with values) and GCT are GeckoOS compatible.
Enjoy!

ftp://www.dataprocomputers.com/www2/BrawlPlusTweaker/latest.zip

or

http://www.dataprocomputers.com/pub/BrawlPlusTweaker/latest.zip

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Good **** man! What is it coded in? VB, C++? And btw the title says Brawl+ Tweaker and the program says Break+ Tweaker =P

kupo15

Smash Hero
awesome! You should wait a few hours for the latest plussery set. It will be released soon. The hitlag code is .4 break 2

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
awesome! You should wait a few hours for the latest plussery set. It will be released soon. The hitlag code is .4 break 2
Nah, i mean, Code Agenda has

C2771EAC 00000004
2C04VVVV 41800010
1C84XXXX 3884ZZZZ
39C0YYYY 7C8473D6
2C040000 00000000
C2876220 00000004
2C04VVVV 41800010
1C84XXXX 3884ZZZZ
39C0YYYY 7C8473D6
80660064 00000000

While in Brawlplusery they have

C2771EAC 00000003
1C840005 3884000A
39C0000A 7C8473D6
2C040000 00000000
C2876220 00000003
1C840005 38840014
39C0000A 7C8473D6
80660064 00000000

The first line is different and it uses less lines.

kupo15

Smash Hero
the plussery just switched to the one the agenda has. Im in there and told people to use the newer one

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
the plussery just switched to the one the agenda has. Im in there and told people to use the newer one

Done.
I also fixed that Break+ problem. hehe

I'm doing it VB.NET
If people care enough, I'll do it in C# but I get work done faster in VB.NET

Here's the hitlag function
Code:
    Private Function GetHitLagCodes() As String
        If HitLagIsDefault() Then Return String.Empty
        Dim min As String = Integer.Parse(txtHitLagMin.Text).ToString("X4")
        Dim x As String = Integer.Parse(txtHitLagX.Text).ToString("X4")
        Dim z As String = Integer.Parse(txtHitLagZ.Text).ToString("X4")
        Dim y As String = Integer.Parse(txtHitLagY.Text).ToString("X4")
        Dim code As String = _
            "C2771EAC 00000004" & _
            "2C04VVVV 41800010" & _
            "1C84XXXX 3884ZZZZ" & _
            "39C0YYYY 7C8473D6" & _
            "2C040000 00000000" & _
            "C2876220 00000004" & _
            "2C04VVVV 41800010" & _
            "1C84XXXX 3884ZZZZ" & _
            "39C0YYYY 7C8473D6" & _
            "80660064 00000000"
        code = code.Replace("VVVV", min)
        code = code.Replace("XXXX", x)
        code = code.Replace("ZZZZ", z)
        code = code.Replace("YYYY", y)
        code = code.Replace(" ", String.Empty)
        Return code
    End Function
Later on i'll try to make it so you can replace your own hitlag code. I won't hardcode it into the application. Right now I will, just to get it working.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Awesome! I can't wait to screw around with this. I'll probably take whatever the new codeset is and make Link jump a bit better. >_>

matt4300

Smash Ace
Oh, wow everyone needs to get this thats envovled in brawl+. Great work man! and thanks

Awesome! I can't wait to screw around with this. I'll probably take whatever the new codeset is and make Link jump a bit better. >_>
Ahmen....

MuBa

Smash Lord
Wow. Thanks alot! You definitely deserve to be an op cuz of this XD!

I nominate ShortFuse!

Also I already have the requirements for the download but for some reason I couldn't get anything...help?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Wow. Thanks alot! You definitely deserve to be an op cuz of this XD!

I nominate ShortFuse!

Also I already have the requirements for the download but for some reason I couldn't get anything...help?
Well, the only thing that works is reading the character jump/grav values to/from the clipboard and the single /uint32 conversion. It says so in the first post. :-P
I'll disable what options don't work as of yet.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
@Witchking
I'll try to keep a mirror at http://www.codecrater.com/brawlplus/

I get an error when I mess with the Character Jump values (if I edit one, or try to copy to the clipboard). Might be my system, since I have a pretty custom XP install. Here's the exception, for what it's worth.

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
   at Brawl__Tweaker.Form1.CharactersCountDistinctValues()
   at Brawl__Tweaker.Form1.DataGridView1_CellEndEdit(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellEndEdit(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.EndEdit(DataGridViewDataErrorContexts context, DataGridViewValidateCellInternal validateCell, Boolean fireCellLeave, Boolean fireCellEnter, Boolean fireRowLeave, Boolean fireRowEnter, Boolean fireLeave, Boolean keepFocus, Boolean resetCurrentCell, Boolean resetAnchorCell)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.CommitEditForOperation(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean forCurrentCellChange)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ScrollIntoView(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean forCurrentCellChange)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ProcessDownKeyInternal(Keys keyData, Boolean& moved)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ProcessEnterKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessMessage(Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Brawl+ Tweaker
    Assembly Version: 0.0.1.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/My%20Documents/HBC%20Stuff/Brawl+%20Tweaker%20v001/Brawl+%20Tweaker.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
@Witchking
I'll try to keep a mirror at http://www.codecrater.com/brawlplus/

I get an error when I mess with the Character Jump values (if I edit one, or try to copy to the clipboard). Might be my system, since I have a pretty custom XP install. Here's the exception, for what it's worth.

Code:
*snip
I've done so much work to the code, there's no point in trying to analyze what it is. It's probably because you put a blank field or something. I wouldn't worry about it. All the options you see in v001 have been completed in v002. It already creates a TXT file. I'm working on prettying it up.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Okay v002 is up! It's very complete now. The next version will have a "Custom" tab where you can import your own codes. I did a huge rewrite and organization of the code

This is how I simplified the code to one line

Code:
AddCode("Shield Stun Mod", _
                "C28753FC 00000005" & vbCrLf & _
                "83810034 8083013C" & vbCrLf & _
                "2C040000 41810014" & vbCrLf & _
                "1F9CXXXX 3B9CZZZZ" & vbCrLf & _
                "3880YYYY 7F9C23D6" & vbCrLf & _
                "60000000 00000000" & vbCrLf, _
                Nothing, _
                New TextBox() {txtShieldStunX, txtShieldStunY, txtShieldStunZ}, _
                Nothing, _
                New Single() {1, 0, 1}, _
                4, _
                AddressOf DefaultIsDefault, _
                AddressOf GetDefaultCodes)
That's an example of how I do it

The format is this

Code:
Private Sub AddCode(ByVal name As String, _
                        ByVal code As String, _
                        ByVal codehex() As Byte, _
                        ByVal textboxes() As TextBox, _
                        ByVal chkBox As CheckBox, _
                        ByVal defaultValues() As Single, _
                        ByVal variablesLength As Integer, _
                        ByVal defaultChecker As IsDefault, _
                        ByVal codecalCulator As GetCodes)
I'll allow you to import next version.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
v003 is officially up. I quickly added support for 3.2 before releasing. Custom codes are supported. See the notice in the first post.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Is this the place to ask what the dash speed modifier and what the Ganon's sped up jab are?

IC3R

Smash Lord
I get the same error as SketchHurricane...except it occurs every time I alter something, or even click a check box >>

Explain plz?

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I get the same error as SketchHurricane...except it occurs every time I alter something, or even click a check box >>

Explain plz?
I didn't get the error on check boxes, but I did get it for mostly everything else. Good to know it's not just me, but bad to know it's a problem!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I didn't get the error on check boxes, but I did get it for mostly everything else. Good to know it's not just me, but bad to know it's a problem!
You guys have .NET framework 3.5? I think that may be the problem

Let me disable 64bit support and lock it to .NET Framework 2.0. Maybe it's that. Upload what error you're getting.

Yeah. System.Core is using version 3.5.0.0 in my build. It's probably that since that the reason why SketchHurricane has problems.

Yeah, that's probably it, but it breaks a part of the code I wrote, which is System.Array.Contains which doesn't work in Framework 2.0. I'll write around the issue and make it work in Framework 2.0

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Hey, well I wanted to put up BrawlPlussery's gravity code for each character (and modify some of them LATER) but I don't know how to. Do I need to them one by one all over?

Edit: I'm pretty dumb, but how to determine Aerial Momentum values? what's the number I should put?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
how do you import a .txt or .gct file into the tweaker?
Well, the tweaker doesn't import ocarina files since they're universal gcn/wii hack files. To get txt/gct file parsing the application would have to look at the code and try to figure out what code is which by comparing. I can implement it, kinda. You can somewhat use Custom B+ files like I did with Brawl+ 3.2

I know it's tedious enter all the values manually so know that I am working on that.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Hey, well I wanted to put up BrawlPlussery's gravity code for each character (and modify some of them LATER) but I don't know how to. Do I need to them one by one all over?

Edit: I'm pretty dumb, but how to determine Aerial Momentum values? what's the number I should put?
Well, you can send to clipboard and read from clipboard That should help. There is an issue though with the character specific jump/grav. I was talking to Almas and he said those values are not exclusive to jump/grav. Modifying them will affect other things such as frame speed modifications. I didn't know this when I made v004 so I'll address that issue for v005.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
v005 is up.

Friend Finder. It's really basic. If it works fine, then I'll add more options later (and probably make it a standalone application)

Top Bottom