• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[05/22/09][APP] BrawlPlusTweaker! Version 0.096! B+ Maker!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
But you havent explained how I'm supposed to add a code to the program if I can't convert a .txt file to a .b+ file
Open the file in notepad
File
Save As
Select "All Files" in "Save File Type"
write <filename>.b+
hit ok

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Oooh...that was the problem
It kept saving my file as NoTripping.b+.txt
But it works now.

More feedback
Add an option to remove a code from the custom tab (not deactivate it, completely remove it from the list)
That was cool...the Tweaker read the one-line No Trip code and recognized that it was the same as the two-liner, so it disabled the two-liner
That red highlight on the line count that appears when the codeset goes above 256 lines appeared at exactly 256

EDIT: and does folder support mean you can throw a bunch of codes into a folder, upload the folder, and it'll recognize the individual codes? Or that you can put several codes in a single .b+ file and it'll read them separately? Or that you can import several files with one click?

EDITEDIT: I think I forgot to thank you for making such an awesome program

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Oooh...that was the problem
It kept saving my file as NoTripping.b+.txt
But it works now.

More feedback
Add an option to remove a code from the custom tab (not deactivate it, completely remove it from the list)
That was cool...the Tweaker read the one-line No Trip code and recognized that it was the same as the two-liner, so it disabled the two-liner
That red highlight on the line count that appears when the codeset goes above 256 lines appeared at exactly 256

EDIT: and does folder support mean you can throw a bunch of codes into a folder, upload the folder, and it'll recognize the individual codes? Or that you can put several codes in a single .b+ file and it'll read them separately? Or that you can import several files with one click?

EDITEDIT: I think I forgot to thank you for making such an awesome program
Check out the BrawlPlusery 3.3 Tab. It exists because the BrawlPlusery 3.3 folder
The items in custom appear because there are b+ files in the same folder as the program
in other words

Tab Custom: \*.b+
Tab XYZ: \XYZ\*.b+
Tab BrawlPlusery3.3: \BrawlPlusery3.3\b+

If you don't want something in the custom tab, erase the b+ in the same folder as Brawl+ Tweaker

Look at the picture on the first post. You'll see a BrawlPlusery3.3 tab but that's there because the BrawlPlusery3.3 folder that exists where Brawl+ Tweaker is. IT'S NOT HARDCODED INTO THE PROGRAM!

At the moment you can't disable the Codes1 and Codes2 tab. Maybe next release

MK26

Smash Master
Check out the BrawlPlusery 3.3 Tab. It exists because the BrawlPlusery 3.3 folder
The items in custom appear because there are b+ files in the same folder as the program
in other words

Tab Custom: \*.b+
Tab XYZ: \XYZ\*.b+
Tab BrawlPlusery3.3: \BrawlPlusery3.3\b+

If you don't want something in the custom tab, erase the b+ in the same folder as Brawl+ Tweaker

Look at the picture on the first post. You'll see a BrawlPlusery3.3 tab but that's there because the BrawlPlusery3.3 folder that exists where Brawl+ Tweaker is. IT'S NOT HARDCODED INTO THE PROGRAM!

At the moment you can't disable the Codes1 and Codes2 tab. Maybe next release
I'm quite surprised that I didn't see that...

@your edit: Rereading my post, I wasn't clear enough. Regardless...
You have codes with their default values hardcoded into the program. These codes are activated once a default value changes. I want to know if you can make it possible for the program to recognize when someone adds one such code (such as the grav values code) and automatically change the default values to the ones in the code (such as the grav values in the b+ery 3.3 set). That way, one can actually see what changes have been made by looking at the codes2 tab.

I hope that makes sense.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I'm quite surprised that I didn't see that...

@your edit: Rereading my post, I wasn't clear enough. Regardless...
You have codes with their default values hardcoded into the program. These codes are activated once a default value changes. I want to know if you can make it possible for the program to recognize when someone adds one such code (such as the grav values code) and automatically change the default values to the ones in the code (such as the grav values in the b+ery 3.3 set). That way, one can actually see what changes have been made by looking at the codes2 tab.

I hope that makes sense.
in order for me to do that it'd need to cross reference with a large databse. there hasn't been a strong contribution in making b+ files so far. i'm thinkingof making an online database you can download b+ files from and also upload to. then i can parse gct files and txt files with used codes. what you want would probably be a value list but i should work on getting a large database first

MK26

Smash Master
in order for me to do that it'd need to cross reference with a large databse. there hasn't been a strong contribution in making b+ files so far. i'm thinkingof making an online database you can download b+ files from and also upload to. then i can parse gct files and txt files with used codes. what you want would probably be a value list but i should work on getting a large database first
I think I get that, but why would you need to cross-reference to a database if the program only needs to check whether an inputted file is the same as a hardwired code? If it's unique, it goes to the custom tab. If the program registers a match, the values are inputted into the hardwired code.

I have no idea how hard that would be to program, but the idea seems simple enough.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I think I get that, but why would you need to cross-reference to a database if the program only needs to check whether an inputted file is the same as a hardwired code? If it's unique, it goes to the custom tab. If the program registers a match, the values are inputted into the hardwired code.

what you're saying is to cater to ocarina users' text file, it's somewhat too complicated. a value file would be better. the only reason why i'd consider doing is it because i would like to to parse GCT files

the first step would be a duplicate checker

MK26

Smash Master
what you're saying is to cater to ocarina users' text file, it's somewhat too complicated. a value file would be better. the only reason why i'd consider doing is it because i would like to to parse GCT files

the first step would be a duplicate checker[/QUOTE]

Yes, a duplicate checker that allows for wild cards where alphabetic values G-Z are in the hardwired codes

I'm not really much of a programmer, can you explain what a values file would accomplish?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yes, a duplicate checker that allows for wild cards where alphabetic values G-Z are in the hardwired codes

I'm not really much of a programmer, can you explain what a values file would accomplish?
Basically, a value file woulld
<codecrc>,<codelength>,<value>

so a file would be
Code:
8DA4C32A,2,1
9ABBD148,4,6
7AB4EFA2,20,2
for the first one, the program would search for what file has a CRC32 of 8DA4C32A and code length of 2, it'll plug in the value of 1

you would share/use the code values and they'd search all the hardcoded and b+ files you have (the database). it would make the program future proof and I won't have to keep hardcoding every time a new code comes out

MK26

Smash Master
Basically, a value file woulld
<codecrc>,<codelength>,<value>

so a file would be
Code:
8DA4C32A,2,1
9ABBD148,4,6
7AB4EFA2,20,2
for the first one, the program would search for what file has a CRC32 of 8DA4C32A and code length of 2, it'll plug in the value of 1

you would share/use the code values and they'd search all the hardcoded and b+ files you have (the database). it would make the program future proof and I won't have to keep hardcoding every time a new code comes out
Hmmm...that makes sense, but how do you do this for a code with multiple values to be filled in?

Wait...even with my idea, you don't need to be hardcoding, except for the most important codes that have values changed from the Brawl default. A code like Bowser's Thick Skin wouldn't be hardcoded, because it doesn't have a Brawl default value (afaik). Ones like the level freezer, with a variable number of lines, also wouldn't be hardcoded. Only those like the grav values, codes with actual defaults, would be looked for in the duplicate checker. The smaller ones (triple jump fix, no stale moves etc) that are not variable would also be looked for, but would place a check mark in a box rather than input the defaults into a box that you can edit

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Hmmm...that makes sense, but how do you do this for a code with multiple values to be filled in?
another comma and another value. if it's a flag, then it'll only be the crc and length (though even if you put a value it would ignore it)

Wait...even with my idea, you don't need to be hardcoding, except for the most important codes that have values changed from the Brawl default. A code like Bowser's Thick Skin wouldn't be hardcoded, because it doesn't have a Brawl default value (afaik). Ones like the level freezer, with a variable number of lines, also wouldn't be hardcoded. Only those like the grav values, codes with actual defaults, would be looked for in the duplicate checker. The smaller ones (triple jump fix, no stale moves etc) that are not variable would also be looked for, but would place a check mark in a box rather than input the defaults into a box that you can edit
yes, but you would still need a collection of brawl+ files to search through and I'm not going to hardcode stuff. I'm actually working on removing ALL hardcoded codes. i'll have to make a database of B+
what's displayed isn't exactly what's in the database (there would be too many)

MK26

Smash Master
another comma and another value. if it's a flag, then it'll only be the crc and length (though even if you put a value it would ignore it)

yes, but you would still need a collection of brawl+ files to search through and I'm not going to hardcode stuff. I'm actually working on removing ALL hardcoded codes. i'll have to make a database of B+
what's displayed isn't exactly what's in the database (there would be too many)
ohh
ic ic

have u gotten the beta4 file? i transferred the changed codes into .b+ form and plugged them into the tweaker, it's working perfectly.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Good to know it's working for you guys. I'll make a .txt to b+ (in a folder) converter for my next release

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
v007 is up. I've included GCT to Snapshot converter. Encrypt on your own. (v008 will encrypt automatically)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
So like I keep freezing at the Album screen. Although I do see the broken images.

So you open up the program, hit .gct > bin. Select the .gct, then create a place for the image .bin. You then take the image .bin and encrypt it copying the .bin to folder IN,

running encrypt.bat and take the file out of OUT, put it in the al folder of the SD card RSBE01 directory like a normal snapshot, and select it ingame, right...?

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Wow. This is incredible. I check my computer in the morning and see there's a way to get more than 256 lines running, I check my computer at night and see a program that does it for you! Thanks a ton ShortFuse! Now time to find out how to do the final steps...

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
OK, lemme get this straight.

I've hit GCT>BIN. Now I use the CRC checker and it gives me a number...now what?
no no, take the bin, put it in the IN folder from Xane's Encryption folder, run encrypt.bat. Go to OUT and copy it to the Sd location. Check Y.S.'s thread for more info

kupo15

Smash Hero
ok, quick question. I've never used tweaker because the links never worked for me but I have the newest version. Can I just open my txt I have from the code manager and export as a bin and do the rest?

MK26

Smash Master
no no, take the bin, put it in the IN folder from Xane's Encryption folder, run encrypt.bat. Go to OUT and copy it to the Sd location. Check Y.S.'s thread for more info
I take the bin? Or i take the gct?

What does the Tweaker allow me to bypass that I would otherwise have to do manually using only Code Manager and the Texture Converter?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I put the bin in the IN folder and ran encrypt.bat but nothing went into the out folder. Do I need to save the .bin as a certain name?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
ok, quick question. I've never used tweaker because the links never worked for me but I have the newest version. Can I just open my txt I have from the code manager and export as a bin and do the rest?
Hit, open. select the txt file. It'll make a new tab for you and automatically check the ones that have a *
Hit save. save it as a GCT
hit GCT => BIN and it'll convert to an uncompressed bin file

I take the bin? Or i take the gct?

What does the Tweaker allow me to bypass that I would otherwise have to do manually using only Code Manager and the Texture Converter?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226447
You'd skip steps 2 to 6

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I put the bin in the IN folder and ran encrypt.bat but nothing went into the out folder. Do I need to save the .bin as a certain name?
the name shouldn't matter.
just to test, call it test.bin
that shouldn't fail

****, double posted again!

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Thanks Shortfuse for all of your hard work!! It's nice that you can make things so easy for us! ;)

I'm gonna go try this right now!!!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Cool. So now I name the .bin, say, "al_Beta4.0+EX.bin", place it in the right file, play with the "load gct from snapshot" and "execute codes loaded from snapshot" codes, and I'm good to go?
don't forget to encrypt it first

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Here you go guys, v008
You can now save as a snapshot file (.bin). No need to make a GCT file first. It also encrypts the BIN file automatically for you (thanks to Xane's compressor)

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
ok, i have kind of a strange bug. i don't know which thread to put it in, so i'm going to put it in both. my brother and i were doing falcon dittos on battlefield in training mode. about 5-10 mins in, the game and the wii started making really wierd, screahing sounds. after about 7 seconds it stopped. hasn't happened since.

storm92

Smash Ace
Thanks, that simplifies the process a lot.
The only problem is, I'm still getting a freeze when trying to load the snapshot :(

Top Bottom