• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C4 Galore! - MWC: East Event #2- April 11th, Springfield, OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nope

Smash Lord
Where:
Bushnell Banquet Center
14 East Main Street
Springfield, OH 45502

Event Trailer!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGUeYrAIbXY

The Venue will be selling food for us! Hamburgers, Hot dogs and drinks (ranging from 1-2$ a piece) they also might have other stuff I'm not sure about yet. Since the venue is selling food and drink for us YOU MAY NOT bring in any outside food or drink. I am renting out the venue so we do get free access to the parking garage directly behind it.

When:
Saturday April 11th
Registration starts at 10:30 and ends at 11:30 NO LATER
(you can call ahead if you will be a few minutes late but other then that sorry)
Tournament starts at 12:00

Price:
$5 Venue Fee (Bring a Setup and Get this Waived!!! Brawl/Wii/TV)
$10 For Singles
$10 For Doubles ($20 Total for a Team)

Split:
Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Teams Payout
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Note: Both of these are after the Circuit fee is taken out.

Housing:
We will try our best to find housing for everyone who needs it! Out of State WILL get priority. Make sure you post here early that you need it so we can get something lined up ahead of time.

Please meet at my house after 4pm!!!

Nope
2141 Broadway St.
Springfield, OH 45504

Contact Info:
Nope
(937)925-2608
MHoltz0506@gmail.com
AIM: MHoltz0506

- NO Alcohol... period.

- NO Illegal substances! (The Venue Owners will be here most of the day selling us food so keep everything at home.)

- Please Pick up after yourselves I don't want to be cleaning your mess up after you leave.

- Do Not Deface/Destroy any property of the venue! Treat everything with respect.

- Respect everyone else and there property! I don't want to have to throw anyone out.

Please Bring a Setup if you Can!

We really NEED setups so bring them!

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5164

*Pools will be divided by MW Circuit points and by location

*Brackets will be seeded by pools and results, a 1st seed who was 3-0 in sets and 6-0 in games will have a higher 1st seed than one who was 3-0 insets but 6-2 in games.

*Pool ties will be broken as follows:
-If set wins are tied between 2 (two) people, then whoever won the head to head match advances (or gets the higher seed)

-If set wins are tied between 3 (three) people, then whoever has the better game record continues, if two people are tied in their game record then head to head is used. Example, if P-A beats P-B 2-1, and P-B beats P-3 2-1, and P-C beats P-A 2-0, then the results would be:

P-C is the first seed
P-A is the second seed
P-B is the third seed

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

* Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

Note: Bushnell Banquet Center and the Springfield Crew may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event.

Stages:

Stage Striking: Players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counter picked later in the set.

Neutral Stages:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island
- Smashville
- Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks:
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Battleship Halberd
-Luigi's Mansion
-Delfino Plaza
-Pirate Ship
-Norfair
-Frigate Orpheon
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Castle Siege
-PictoChat
-Jungle Japes
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar

Everything else is banned

People Attending: (Winners List)
1.) Norm
2.) Katon
3.) Themann
4.) TheKiest
5.) NoJ
6.) Judge!
7.) ook
8.) TheBlueBlade
9.) Bloodhawk
10.) Asdioh
11.) SamuraiPanda
12.) Anther
13.) Bowyer
14.) Epic
15.) Rofa
16.) Lou
17.) Capem
18.) Fonz
19.) Champ
20.) Cake
21.) RipN
22.) AlphaZealot
23.) Clowsui
24.) XeroXen
25.) King Yoshi
26.) Tyr
27.) Nicalobe
28.) Nope
29.) Hilt
30.) Mister Eric
31.) Xisin
32.) Cr4sh
33.) Rowan
34.) Tactical
35.) Quivo
36.) Wakka
37.) Paranormal Sin
38.) Mr. E
39.) Joshu
40.) Renegade TX2000
41.) Infern
42.) Smash64
43.) YBM
44.) Overswarm
45.) Excel
46.) OmegaXF
47.) Ithrowthings
48.) TheFanFan
49.) Dublio
50.) andy122888
51.) Moose
52.) Crunch
53.) Shadowbot
54.) FailProofFrank
55.) not corey
56.) Seckman
57.) Framerate
58.) The Jerk
59.) Jokey665
60.) Hence
61.) Pdiamond
62.) Calic
63.) Finns7
64.) PKFIRE
65.) King Beef
66.) Steel_Samurai
67.) Muldini
68.) Backpaw
69.) Ocean
70.) bigdaddygamer14
71.) Cameron
72.) The K to the Bizzle
73.) Count
74.) DJ Iskascribble
75.) e____
76.) Mike B
77.) ArgentStew
78.) Pops
79.) Sliq
80.) Ally
81.) Omniswell
82.) Blue Rogue
83.) Allys Ride
84.) Ripple
85.) Chewy
86.) Fromundaman
87.) Mr 9
88.) Pie
89.) Spec
90.) Jkip
91.) Lil CJ
92.) Paladin
93.) What's The Point
94.) Toph
95.) Fizzle

Maybe Attending: (Epic Fails)
1.) BlazingKatakiri
2.) XtacyFalco
3.) Xlaurousislx
4.) hotarms
5.) Hunger1
6.) AvaricePanda
7.) Ridlr
8.) Glov
9.) Bboy
10.) Falco400
11.) ~Gonzo~
12.) BYAA!

Setups:
1.) Nope
2.) RipN
3.) Lou
4.) Capem
5.) Cake
6.) Norm
7.) Nicalobe
8.) AlphaZealot
9.) Wakka
10.) TheBlueBlade
11.) XeroXen
12.) Bloodhawk
13.) OmegaXF
14.) Paranormal Sin
15.) Hilt
16.) Mr.E (Wii)
17.) Quivo (Wii) + Champ (TV)
18.) FailProofFrank (Wii) + Not corey (TV)
19.) Xlaurousislx (maybe attending)
20.) Steel_Samurai (Wii)
21.) ITT Setup 1
22.) ITT Setup 2
23.) BlazingKatakiri (Maybe attending)
24.) Cr4sh
25.) Framerate + Pops Setup (Maybe Attending)
26.) DJ's Setup (If hes picked up)

Lets step it up Ohio I want more Setups!! This should be easy! Bring anything you can even a Wii or just a tv is great
Seriously the more setups the better!! We NEED THEM TO FUNCTION

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This'll get a sticky once the first MWC-E tourney is over.

And I'm not sure if, personally, I'll be able to make this. I've got finals coming up around that time.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm planning on being there. Might be able to give a few people in Cincinnati rides but no promises.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Tyr you are a **** if you don't give me a ride.

Anyways hopefully coming to this. I want some more Canada rep....Niko KKK pl0x

Vayseth

Smash Master
I will definitely try to make it out. If I do can I be the first to claim housing? XD It would be 5 with me, and those would most likely be Me, BOODA, NoJ, Lain and Judge!.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
I will definitely try to make it out. If I do can I be the first to claim housing? XD It would be 5 with me, and those would most likely be Me, BOODA, NoJ, Lain and Judge!.
lol me and kirk already talked to nope a little about housing and right now we have first dibs. :p i dunno how many he can house though (he said he has a lot of room.)

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
TheBlueBlade and Blood Hawk are coming and are laying claims on housing! Asdioh might also come, but not sure, and you can probably put us down for setups. I will also lend TO assistance if needed.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I should be able to make it. Yay for a circuit event only an hour away. Everyone should come to this.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I need a teammate, preferably someone I can team with for the remainder of the circuit. A character with good mobility and KO power is preferable, that, or MK.

Nope

Smash Lord
I'm going to say I personally can house 15 people maybe more if I figure out some more sleeping arrangements. 4-5 will get couches the rest will be on the floor. So far the list I have is:

1.) Norm
2.) Kirk
3.) Vayseth
4.) Booda
5.) NoJ
6.) Judge!
7.) Lain
8.) TheBlueBlade
9.) Bloodhawk
10.) Asdioh

Friday Night I will run a "King of the Couches" Tourney for couch slots! It will be all random and we will discuss the details when people get here. Most likely it will be ran like the one at Midwest champs.

Yoshi at the moment I'm giving my house personally to OOS first but I will be looking into something for you guys how many are coming with you?

King~

Smash Champion
we'll probly have at the LEAST a full car (so 5)

but were notorius for people johing out at the last second

and i dont know if the other car(wooster/west salem/stongsville) would come down friday.

i kno me and itt are really certain were going at this point :/

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
House me, Epic, Anther, Bowyer, and Rofa, too!

I haven't talked to the latter 3 yet, but I assume they'll want to go.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
hmm that first tourney i went to was addicting... oh man should i go to this one? agghhhh -_- i shall think about it and beast up with ike more!!!

hunger!

Smash Champion
I'm going to say I personally can house 15 people maybe more if I figure out some more sleeping arrangements. 4-5 will get couches the rest will be on the floor. So far the list I have is:

1.) Norm
2.) Kirk
3.) Vayseth
4.) Booda
5.) NoJ
6.) Judge!
7.) Lain
8.) TheBlueBlade
9.) Bloodhawk
10.) Asdioh

Friday Night I will run a "King of the Couches" Tourney for couch slots! It will be all random and we will discuss the details when people get here. Most likely it will be ran like the one at Midwest champs.

Yoshi at the moment I'm giving my house personally to OOS first but I will be looking into something for you guys how many are coming with you?

if i go, i would be with kirk and norms group so would i get one of those prestigious spots

Nope

Smash Lord
1.) Norm
2.) Kirk
3.) Vayseth
4.) Booda
5.) NoJ
6.) Judge!
7.) Lain
8.) TheBlueBlade
9.) Bloodhawk
10.) Asdioh
11.) Panda
12.) Anther
13.) Bowyer
14.) Epic
15.) Rofa
16.) Hunger (one extra exception since hes coming in the same car)

Ok so my house will be booked for the moment I am working on more sleeping arrangements and I will Update something in the OP soon. There IS more housing for sure I just have to get estimates on numbers and figure out a way I can house more. Also if you stay at my house the only downside is you will be going to the venue early to setup with my brother my room mate and I (you could also get breakfast somewhere I suppose before coming). Housing will also be available for the night of the tourney if you really need it. Slots will go first dibs to people who were there the night before.

hmm that first tourney i went to was addicting... oh man should i go to this one? agghhhh -_- i shall think about it and beast up with ike more!!!
Yes you should! we didn't get to play last time so make sure you come again.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I need a teammate, preferably someone I can team with for the remainder of the circuit. A character with good mobility and KO power is preferable, that, or MK.
AZ bring back your classic MW team - go with OS!

Alternatively you could team with some MI dude.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'll team with someone looking. I like switching it up as much as possible. Lucas main for those that don't know.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
It's confirmed that Mellow and I are coming.

We don't require housing either! :)
--------------------------

What time would be recommended to show up that Saturday? I want to show up as early as possible.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hm... hopefully there will be space in your house for a few more, because I forgot to mention Toph and WTP, who would need housing if they came.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I, of course, also need a teammate but I want to make sure I'm able to go to this before I start asking (or responding to anyone else). Mother johns, etc.

ook

Smash Lord
1.) Norm
2.) Kirk
3.) Vayseth
4.) Booda
5.) NoJ
6.) Judge!
7.) Lain
8.) TheBlueBlade
9.) Bloodhawk
10.) Asdioh
11.) Panda
12.) Anther
13.) Bowyer
14.) Epic
15.) Rofa
16.) Hunger (one extra exception since hes coming in the same car)

If I go... I'd probably be in the same car as kirk, norm, and hunger too. :embarrass

Nope

Smash Lord
Lou has said for sure he will be able to house as well and there are still a few more options. If you guys have an air mattress and bring it I would be able to house more this way. I have a room that's wooden floored and it would open some space up on the carpet. I will get an official housing list started soon when I have some more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom