• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C4 Galore! - MWC: East Event #2- April 11th, Springfield, OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
The mothership WILL be there.

So if there's a bit more glide in your slide and dip in your hip, don't be alarmed.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Thanks. I'll try to bypass the permission johns but my parents are very, very uncomfortable with me riding with people they don't know, lulz.

I just need to get to a tourney x_x

Edit: @vayseth, WUUT.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I can show your parents a picture of me, but that would result in them not wanting you to have any contact with me what so ever. lol
That's why I send my pic, because I look quite innocent. They don't need to know about you, lol. Maybe as an added bonus, I'm christian????

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I can't watch the video, it has no sound!

Mom johns are cleared, I'm good to go for this. If you're not still committed to ook, teamsies this time Asdioh? :(

TheBlueBlade better prepare for another TSB beatdown! Maybe we can do a top-tier game this time too, like Giants/Niners or something. Else I'm busting out Vinny T and GOD Haddix. :cool:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Apparently I'm going to this o_o

I don't recall saying anything more than "maybe" but I'd certainly love to go.

However, I do not want to go unless I can carpool. Doesn't matter if I'm driving my car, or being a passenger.

So...Blood Hawk and Blueblade, what are your plans for this? Any chance you'll be passing through Fort Wayne? It should be on the way...unless you're going to Indianapolis, then that doesn't sound so likely...

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace

Housing:
We will try our best to find housing for everyone who needs it! Out of State WILL get priority. Make sure you post here early that you need it so we can get something lined up ahead of time.

Nope's House (20 People):

Lou's House (10 People):

Wakka's House (TBA):

P.Sin's House (TBA):

Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

People Attending:
7.) Lain
12.) Anther
29.) Hilt
32.) Cr4sh

Setups:
1.) Nope
2.) RipN
3.) Lou
4.) Capem
5.) Cake
6.) Norm
7.) Nicalobe
8.) AlphaZealot?
9.) Wakka?
10.) TheBlueBlade
11.) XeroXen
12.) Bloodhawk
13.) Kirk

Lets step it up Ohio I want 20+ Setups!! This should be easy! Bring anything you can even a Wii or just a tv is great

ok, first off id like to mention...THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL MY DAD IS GOING TO LET PEOPLE STAY *SADFACE* so sadly, take me off of the housing list please.

secondly, nopes BS rule is the most pro thing i have ever had the pleasure of reading.

and last, i will be honored to meet you guys. (and yes cr4sh, i know i have met you before, but you're way too cool to not be around.)

PS: i can bring a full setup. Wii and TV (and its a mighty fine setup at that :D )

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
So...Blood Hawk and Blueblade, what are your plans for this? Any chance you'll be passing through Fort Wayne? It should be on the way...unless you're going to Indianapolis, then that doesn't sound so likely...
I told you if you plan on going, let me know. Since I offered you a ride first, you have first priority, well, under Hawk that is...

If I can, we may still go to Indy to pick up AvaricePanda. It's not too far out of the way, since all we need to do is get on I-70 out of Indianapolis to go towards Springfield. But that'll be decided as soon as I know whats going on with AP.

Nope

Smash Lord
I'll take you up on that offer Nope. I took the 10th-12th off, so I'd be totally willing to chill after the tourney.
ok it's a deal TBB should stay as well and whoever comes with you.

ok, first off id like to mention...THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL MY DAD IS GOING TO LET PEOPLE STAY *SADFACE* so sadly, take me off of the housing list please.

secondly, nopes BS rule is the most pro thing i have ever had the pleasure of reading.

and last, i will be honored to meet you guys. (and yes cr4sh, i know i have met you before, but you're way too cool to not be around.)

PS: i can bring a full setup. Wii and TV (and its a mighty fine setup at that :D )
blame wakka for saying you can house, My rule IS pro and lets keep the setups coming from everyone! I'm serious at LEAST 20 this time around. I want a tourney with to many setups for once.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
ok it's a deal TBB should stay as well and whoever comes with you.
All depends on whats going on for classes the following week, but most likely, I shouldn't have a problem.

EDIT: Just noticed that this Sunday (during the Tournament) is Easter, so it's most likely no now. Family things going on.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You guys think we can do live streaming?

I'd want at least four commentators. Panda for sure, he's obviously the best choice. I have experience doing it as well. I'd need two more at least, I'd want to rotate people around from time to time.

I'd also like to stream some prize MMs too :D

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
You guys think we can do live streaming?

I'd want at least four commentators. Panda for sure, he's obviously the best choice. I have experience doing it as well. I'd need two more at least, I'd want to rotate people around from time to time.

I'd also like to stream some prize MMs too :D
I'm up for it. That's what my major is all about anyway.

Nope

Smash Lord
if someone shows me how to set it up before hand I'll get it done and make sure we at least bring one mic. From what it sounds like we can do a setup like CoT4 had that just streams all day for MM's and other things. One thing I do want to make sure of is if we live stream we also record it as well. Lets get it done

Overswarm

is laughing at you
New rule to add:

If there is streaming, no one is to sit at the streaming TV unless permission is given by OS or Nope

so people don't sit there all day for $1 MMs -_-;;

lou4222

Smash Lord
New rule to add:

If there is streaming, no one is to sit at the streaming TV unless permission is given by OS or Nope

so people don't sit there all day for $1 MMs -_-;;
If the tv is running all day....... do you really want people coming up and asking for permission? If the TV is open cant someone just sit down and play even if it is a 1 dollar mm. Asking for permission all day just seems kind of ridiculous especially when it will be running for 8+ hours.

Nope

Smash Lord
all OS is saying pretty much is don't hog the tv all day. Lets make sure to give everyone a chance to be on live stream

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It'd be more like:

Nope: "*match* on Station 1!"

instead of:

Nope: "*match* on Station 1"

Players: "We can't play, they're playing a MM"

Nope: "Guys, how much longer?"

MMers: "This is the end of first match"

Nope: "We have a tournament match to play!"

MMers: "We're starting the second game! It'll be over in a second!"

*OS stabs them both with a katana and takes the $2*

*OS is arrested*

We don't want that to happen, do we?

lou4222

Smash Lord
Not at all, but that goes for all tvs not just the streaming tv. We all know there is nothing more annoying than people holding up the tournament. It just initially seemed like the streaming was off limits and I was just trying to point out that all day is a long time. But yea during tourney time you should definitely make sure you dont have any matches coming up.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I told you if you plan on going, let me know. Since I offered you a ride first, you have first priority, well, under Hawk that is...

If I can, we may still go to Indy to pick up AvaricePanda. It's not too far out of the way, since all we need to do is get on I-70 out of Indianapolis to go towards Springfield. But that'll be decided as soon as I know whats going on with AP.
Just keep me updated...we still have a month. I can drive, like I said, but I want to save gas and money ... and driving 2.5+ hours by myself is boring.

All depends on whats going on for classes the following week, but most likely, I shouldn't have a problem.

EDIT: Just noticed that this Sunday (during the Tournament) is Easter, so it's most likely no now. Family things going on.
Er, what do you mean by this?

OS, just make sure the stream doesn't have like 10 MK dittos in a row like CoT4 did, that PISSED me off.

Stupid MK.

Xero, that Cape thing looks awesome. Too bad he only tested it WITH METAKNIGHT when Kirby's upthrow is BETTER.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Xero, that Cape thing looks awesome. Too bad he only tested it WITH METAKNIGHT when Kirby's upthrow is BETTER.
It works with Kirby's, and if it's actually better (knockback wise) it'll kill even earlier. It's pretty much adding/multiplying (not sure) the knockback of any attack by hitting them with the cape during knockback.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Things I want to see before I die:

An enemy MK up-throwing a snake
Snake being caped by his teammate
Snake flying up higher than normal
Snake u-airing MK's teammate, killing him off the top

Someone do it

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
.... if there is internet i will have stream set up but it will not be controlled by OS.. just nope.
basically it should be nope assigning tournament matches there and whoever wants to commentate can... why just have 4 people?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It'd be more like:

Nope: "*match* on Station 1!"

instead of:

Nope: "*match* on Station 1"

Players: "We can't play, they're playing a MM"

Nope: "Guys, how much longer?"

MMers: "This is the end of first match"

Nope: "We have a tournament match to play!"

MMers: "We're starting the second game! It'll be over in a second!"

*OS stabs them both with a katana and takes the $2*

*OS is arrested*

We don't want that to happen, do we?
During the tournament wouldnt it be better to just... not allow any MMs on that TV? You could have it only for tourament matches during the tournament, and money matches during the breaks.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
During the tournament wouldnt it be better to just... not allow any MMs on that TV? You could have it only for tourament matches during the tournament, and money matches during the breaks.
If people are streaming, that shiz has to be organized... otherwise you have a bunch of lopsided matchups and repeat players on it, and it gets repetitive and/or boring.

You want people to share, and you want interesting matches. NOJ vs. Lain MM? Good. Anther vs. Marth912? Not good. Want to fill it up with as many tourney matches + good MMs as possible for viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom