• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Question and Answer/Helpful Thread directory! <(^_^)>

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Welcome to the Kirby Question and Answer Thread. Come here for all of your Kirby questions. If you ask here, you’ll get a much better response than making a completely new thread, so ask away. :colorful:

I will also provide links that could help you learn more about Kirby and possibly answer your question before you even have the chance to ask. :3

For now, the rest of this thread is from Tomato Kirby’s previous guide (Second Post) until people provide me with links and we actually get some common questions that I’ll put on the front page.

Useful Links~

Kirby's Warp Star Adventure: Stage Discussion
By Viper JLT4GOV

Kirby & The Amazing Guide! (includes Kirby's frame data)
By t!mmy

Copy Ability Tricks and Tactics
By RK Joker

UpThrow Ninja Spike Thing
By A1lion835

Learn to Suck: A Guide to Inhale
By Fromundaman

Crouch Avoid List
By Triple R

Kirby Match-Up Thread: THE ANSWER to all MUs!
By JoWii

Kirby: Brief Match-Up Help thread!
By Kewkky

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Here, we shall slowly (but surely) fill this post up with frequently-asked questions (FAQ) for easier access, as well as links to the must-read threads around our boards. (Under reconstruction)

Q: How is Kirby doing?
A: He's leapink with joy! *booing from the audience*

Q: How can I get around campers?
A: Read this post, it contains detailed information on how to handle those pesky campers!

lil cj

Smash Lord
I think Kirby can inhale Diddy's bananas
so those shouldnt be a problem
bair and fair are the best approaches
they have alot of priority

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Isn't this essentially the same thing as the help desk? (With a name that explains it's function much better.)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
how do i approach a campy diddy?
Catch his bananas. If you decide to float, always catch them when you land. You can also catch his peanuts too. Using Z to catch is so helpful in these cases.

Sometimes its best just not to approach, throw his stuff back at him and be patient so he can approach. When he does, be ready for glidetoss banana to grab. Shield it and grab him first into Uthrow or Bthrow. Be ready to grab dash attack too, if you don't grab it then you might want to just roll away rather than jumping and getting caught by utilt. His aerials are all pretty bad, if you see him throwing it out just wait and jump/bair him.

Most important thing with Diddy is to edgeguard. His recovery is horrible. I've been in really bad situations with Diddy before but came back with edgeguards and spikes.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ah gotcha. Also, I think T!mmy's guide has frame data, so you could get it from there if it's accurate.

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
Question!

Question!

How to approach?

EDIT:
nother question, tho its kinda strange.

i only want to main those with a pink costume.
i tried mk, cf, d3, jiggs, and zelda, but i can't use them.
who should i try?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Question!

How to approach?

EDIT:
nother question, tho its kinda strange.

who should i try?
O_o

You edited as I clicked "quote".

Anyway.

Never say "approach" on these boards. Got it? Kirby doesn't approach.

Anyway...pink costume...snake

How should I know?

lil cj

Smash Lord
who should i try?
Lucas, Luigi, Yoshi, and Diddy
also have pink costumes
I recommend trying out Lucas
Out of all the characters he is the most fun to play

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I have a quick noob question. What is the best team combnation for Kirby? Kirby & Luigi, Kirby & Pikachu, Kirby & Zelda, or Kirby & Ness?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Of the ones listed, I personally prefer Kirby & Pika or Kirby & Luigi, though I like Kirby & ROB better than any of those.

Ask away if you need tricks/tactics for any of those (I'm most familiar with Kirby/ROB and Kirby/Pika though, as when teamed with a Luigi I go Mario, as Mario/Luigi is ****.).

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
So far, this thread has taught me one thing:

The difference between a thread being stickied and a thread being banned is timing. And the amount of spam it generates.

This thread still depresses me. Bunny, can you put a picture of Ukulele Kirby in the OP to cheer my spirits?

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
I have a quick noob question. What is the best team combnation for Kirby? Kirby & Luigi, Kirby & Pikachu, Kirby & Zelda, or Kirby & Ness?
Kirby and Ness is kinda interesting. You could Inhale and Swallow to save him. Kirby D-throw> Ness D-air> Kirby Ground Hammer/Fsmash/Utilt(> another D-air). It all depends on teamwork. Kirby's Grabs are excellent for Setups. I would Say D-Grab is the Best, hands down, for the most *PAAAUUUNCH* like results.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
This thread still depresses me. Bunny, can you put a picture of Ukulele Kirby in the OP to cheer my spirits?
Maybe. <.<

And err... Kirby saved my life against Snake in a tourney yesterday and my ICs couldn't handle a Snake. So me and Kirby are friends again. >_>

lil cj

Smash Lord
I thought Snake was a tough matchup for Kirby...
b/c of Kirby's light weight and Snake's hard hitting moves??
Good job bringing down Snake Kawaii Bunny;)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I felt most comfortable fighting him as Kirby, lol

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kirby and Ness is kinda interesting. You could Inhale and Swallow to save him. Kirby D-throw> Ness D-air> Kirby Ground Hammer/Fsmash/Utilt(> another D-air). It all depends on teamwork. Kirby's Grabs are excellent for Setups. I would Say D-Grab is the Best, hands down, for the most *PAAAUUUNCH* like results.
I'll give this a try. At my next tourney I'll contact a friend that's great with Ness so we can practice this, (then again, my cousin mains Ness).

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
That's...a little weird...

Personally, if I used IC's, I'd only use them for matchups I didn't like. Grab->win:laugh:.

And if any of you guys piss me off, you have been warned. I know how to CG.
Stuff like this really irritates me because playing ICs is not as simple as people like to think.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Stuff like this really irritates me because playing ICs is not as simple as people like to think.
Come on, you can't really blame people for thinking they're easy. I saw some of your matches. You make it look easy. But, the skill required to Play IC's is ridiculous. Too much coordination, being De-synced and maintaining the Momentum flow towards you while a simple Projectile could reset your position/momentum and Mastering the CG depending on the wight of the opponent. Those kids are no Joke.

NO JOKE!!!!11!!1!

Pulling of 0 to Death's on cue is ridiculous, especially with the pressure of a tourney match.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Come on, you can't really blame people for thinking they're easy. I saw some of your matches. You make it look easy. But, the skill required to Play IC's is ridiculous. Too much coordination, being De-synced and maintaining the Momentum flow towards you while a simple Projectile could reset your position/momentum and Mastering the CG depending on the wight of the opponent. Those kids are no Joke.

NO JOKE!!!!11!!1!

Pulling of 0 to Death's on cue is ridiculous, especially with the pressure of a tourney match.
if only more people thought like you. >_>

BTW: Maestro should check the first post.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
if only more people thought like you. >_>
Lol. If we didn't have stupid people to make stupid remarks about stuff they don't know, what fun would be the internet? :laugh:

But yeah. The IC's are one of the few characters left that actually require high levels of skill to be effective so, yeah.

BMX

Smash Lord
i just picked up kirby and im loving him for a good ground game and ariel game. sweet lol

but...i have a stupid ? im wondering how to the starting grab combo from 0 to 40.

no one tells me lol help pleaz.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ty ty ty!
i just picked up kirby and im loving him for a good ground game and ariel game. sweet lol

but...i have a stupid ? im wondering how to the starting grab combo from 0 to 40.

no one tells me lol help pleaz.
Though it is escapable with DI...
f-throw --> u-air --> reverse u-tilt --> b-air
Does 38% fresh

And the one that will never work on anyone except Falcon, the Spacies, and Bowser:
f-throw --> u-air --> f-throw --> u-air --> f-smash
51% fresh

EDIT: I suppose this is one of the common questions that should be put up on the front page.

Also, should a Useful Links thread be integrated into an existing thread, or would it be better to put it on its own?

BMX

Smash Lord
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ty ty ty!Though it is escapable with DI...
f-throw --> u-air --> reverse u-tilt --> b-air
Does 38% fresh

And the one that will never work on anyone except Falcon, the Spacies, and Bowser:
f-throw --> u-air --> f-throw --> u-air --> f-smash
51% fresh
thanks dude i was wondering alot lol i though it was F-throw to u-air to backair lol :p

oh and i think a useful thread would be better suited for these type of questions.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Why does it look like Kirby's metagame hasn't evolved at all since forever... He seems soo linear D:

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Why does it look like Kirby's metagame hasn't evolved at all since forever... He seems soo linear D:

You catch on quickly.

I don't know how but we (Kirby Mains( need to figure something out because, we'll eventually get bored.

Top Bottom