• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Question and Answer/Helpful Thread directory! <(^_^)>

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Except that Kirby does better against MK, and possibly Snake, though I don't know that matchup so well.

But yeah, MK is one of TL's worst matchups if I remember correctly, and Kirby does good against him, so yeah...

Gnes

Smash Master
Except that Kirby does better against MK, and possibly Snake, though I don't know that matchup so well.

But yeah, MK is one of TL's worst matchups if I remember correctly, and Kirby does good against him, so yeah...
Kirby does good against MK...NO WAY :)

Dojo 3 stocked every toon link he played at COT4...except jash...who was too scared to play him...lol

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
What?! MK vs Kirby is practically even! MK vs TL is much, MUCH worse... TL has almost no hits fast enough to hit MK during his miniscule amount of lag between aerials, can do absolutely jack **** to punish a grounded SL, gets beat out on the ground and in the air, gets outranged like a little ***** on all his non-special attacks, and of his specials, 3/4ths get beat out by tornado. On top of that, he is so easy to gimp with MK it's not even funny.

Yeah, Dojo plays Santi a lot, meaning he knows the matchup. EVERYONE knows the MK matchup... So basically, he didn't go in disadvantaged, and therefore doesn't count as a reliable example? Quite the contrary. A MK who knows how to play vs TL will **** TL.

Phonaku

Smash Rookie
Hm, I use Kirby in all my Brawls.
I was always wondering, what combo would be good if you wanted to simply damage the opponent only?
and what Kirby Hat would be good to fight against Olimar?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hm, I use Kirby in all my Brawls.
I was always wondering, what combo would be good if you wanted to simply damage the opponent only?
and what Kirby Hat would be good to fight against Olimar?
Grab combo's work fine if you want to rack up damage. Or if you want try D-Air>U-Tilt>B-Air and see if that fits. Also in hat wise, it depends on who your fighting, unless you mean what team partner you need to face Olimar, I'll say the ROB hat does the best on him.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Pika's hat works well vs Olimar too.

To be fair though, starshot works even better... Olimar just can't recover :laugh:

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I was reading the thread about which aerial is better for WoPing, Bair or Fair. Anyways, he said something about the Uair and the Fence of Pain. Could some clarify what the fence of pain is and how you use the Uair to do the FoP.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I was reading the thread about which aerial is better for WoPing, Bair or Fair. Anyways, he said something about the Uair and the Fence of Pain. Could some clarify what the fence of pain is and how you use the Uair to do the FoP.
Fence of Pain was originally coined by omnigamer in melee. He did it because "It has more holes than the wall." Uair...there's something called stairway to heaven where you uair them a bunch of times while jumping and leading up, maybe that's what he meant.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just wanted to point this out because it's extremely important, regarding DI.

"Note: You should not use any B move after reducing your momentum with fast falling because you will immediately gain it back"

Do NOT use Hammer/Stone to cancel momentum. :O

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221969

long, long post, but if you can read and understand it all, you'll become MUCH better.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Tell me, wouldn't the "Omnigay" work better with Kirby? After all, copying Snake then shield dropping a grenade, timing and grabbing him should work, shouldn't it?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Shield drop it, then pick it up and grab, like MK does. Except he can't produce grenades.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That's not how MK does it though. Snake has to pick up the grenade, then you throw him.

If you shield-drop a grenade, pick it up, then hit grab, you will not grab, instead throwing the grenade.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Ah, I see... Thank You! (Someone needs to find a way to grab while holding an item, forget F-Smash, lol)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, that would be too good! (I'll try to mess with it and make sure I'm not giving you wrong information when I get my copy of Brawl back, but I'm about 95% sure that you can't grab while holding an item.)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The Toon Links have been trying to figure out how to grab while holding items since forever...I don't think it's possible :/

Fsmash with a grenade works well with Kirby, though.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
All right. It's kind of strange though, since it seems with the mechanics in place for Fsmashing with items, you should be able to grab the same way, but it doesn't seem possible...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Pick up the item with A, and don't let go of the A button.

If you press the C-stick left or right, you will charge a forward smash. Letting go of A releases the Fsmash.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Theoretically, then, couldn't we pick up an item with Shield + A, release A, then tap A again?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Sooooooo

what exactly is a Gonzo combo? I can't find the actual moves involved anywhere.
Well if you type Gonzo combo on Google, you will see it at the top of the Google page as a Youtube video. =P

That or ask Gonzo himself.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if the grab straigt outve the Dair without moving is a true combo
I did it training mode and doesnt look like the opponent can escape it even without perfect frame input. I shield before I grab and I still seem like Im grabbing before even a Ftilt would hit which is a true combo :)
What I do is SH from a distance of about 1.5 kirby lengths and begin a Dair. Then I DI towards them so that I hit them forward while still moving forward. Then I grab and it grabs them before they land. Seems like a inescapable combo to me but I wanna make sure. Also I havent been able to do this in real matchs cause of the opponents DI being taken into acount but thats what the dash grab is for.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if the grab straigt outve the Dair without moving is a true combo
I did it training mode and doesnt look like the opponent can escape it even without perfect frame input. I shield before I grab and I still seem like Im grabbing before even a Ftilt would hit which is a true combo :)
What I do is SH from a distance of about 1.5 kirby lengths and begin a Dair. Then I DI towards them so that I hit them forward while still moving forward. Then I grab and it grabs them before they land. Seems like a inescapable combo to me but I wanna make sure. Also I havent been able to do this in real matchs cause of the opponents DI being taken into acount but thats what the dash grab is for.
Its only a true combo against big characters like DDD and Bowser. For others u have to dash towards them quickly and grab but thats not a true combo. Its best, against smaller characters, to start jabbing if ur opponent downdodges after u hit them with Dair cuz u can't grab them when u downdodge.

I've tried to grab an item and grab at the same time. Nothing i tried worked, maybe it inolves the Z button ORRRR u know how u can dash and grab with C-stick? what if u grab an item and hold A, run, and use the Cstick??? yes, no, maybe??? i don't think it'll work but eh it would be to goodz!

Bellioes

Smash Lord
No Ive been able to grab Olimar without dashing froma Dair. It works on the small characters too
I Dair while moving forward and grab right after. I see how its a true combo against larger characters but Ive been able to pull of the same thing with smaller ones. It seems to me like it works against smaller characters too.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
No Ive been able to grab Olimar without dashing froma Dair. It works on the small characters too
I Dair while moving forward and grab right after. I see how its a true combo against larger characters but Ive been able to pull of the same thing with smaller ones. It seems to me like it works against smaller characters too.
It may work, but it's not a "true combo". It's sort of like when the gonzo combos first came out. Everyone thought it was 0-50, bam. But then people found ways to get out (DI). So while it works on small characters, they have ways to get out.

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
What DOES work well with Omnigay is if you have Snake on your team. He can plant a C4 on you, and then you can run in like a kamikaze. When you grab an opponent the C4 will transfer to them, then its's up to Snake to get the timing down.

dooitstheo

Smash Rookie
Omnigay?

can someone explain this omnigay thing? i think it's the one where you upthrow and somehow either one of yall will die

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah its when Snake detonates a C4 at the top of your Uthrow. If done right, it should just kill your opponent but Ive heard that it could also kill the user or both.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
can someone explain this omnigay thing? i think it's the one where you upthrow and somehow either one of yall will die
omnigay utilizes Kirby or MKs Uthrow and a grenade or C4

the point is that due to the physics of throws at the very top of MK or Kirbys throw the grenade or C4 will explode and only effect the person being thrown NOT kirby or MK resulting in a really easy KO.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yeah its when Snake detonates a Grenade at the top of your Uthrow. If done right, it should just kill your opponent but Ive heard that it could also kill the user or both.
Fixed for truth. It also has to do with what percent you have, if your percent is higher than Snake, Link, or Toon Link, it is a likely chance you'll die first. Doing the Omnigay is too much based on luck and when you know when your foe's bomb is going to explode.

Lastly, I want to see how would Snake use his C4 while Kirby's grabbing him in the air. I don't see this as a possibility.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah I was talking about the team based Omnigay where its possible that Kirby doesnt die but his opponent does. But your right, I didnt know you could do it with a grenade. It seems more difficult cause the only way to do it would be to grab Snake while hes holding a grenade that hes already dropped. And with the C4, I believe that if your partner times it right you can make so that Kirby doesnt even die at all.

Top Bottom