• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Nyla Presentz: -The Sauga Outbreak- August 22nd. Mississauga, ON. SSBM/SSBB

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
Many of the Smash scenes' most memorable events have taken place in the city of Mississauga from both Melee and Brawl. With the plethora of smash tournaments that are taking place this summer, Tameka the host of S.A.U.G.A I and Adnan the host of the Clash of the Sauga! series come together and host which plans to be Mississauga's biggest summer tournament ever!

Without further ado, the new alliance of Team Nyla Presents:

THE SAUGA OUTBREAK

Happening this August 22nd, this event will promise to run both Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl! We also plan to hold Singles, Doubles and Crews! The venue will be providing a wide variety of snack, aswell as plates of food!

Contact Info:
416-806-0640
angeltgyal@msn.com
bolded to avoid spam email

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. LOCATION & DIRECTIONS

1. LOCATION & DIRECTIONS:

Address: Burnhamthorpe CC
1500 Gulleden Dr.
When: August 22nd Doors open 11AM

Public Transportation

TTC

Get to Islington Station. Take the 26 Burnhamthorpe W [To South Common Mall]. While being on the bus get off at Bough's Beeches Blvd (The stop after Fieldgate), after that cross the street to the other side, walk down Havenwood untill you get to Guilleden Dr. (should be the first street you come across) take a right and walk down and on your right you should see it.

Brampton Transit

Get to Shoppers World. Then take the 19 Hurontario S [To Port Credit Go - via Square One]. You will need to pay the Mississauga Bus Fare which is $3.00. Once you get to Square One take the 26 Burnhamthorpe E [to Subway]. While being on the bus get off at Bough's Beeches Blvd (The stop after Dixie/stop after the Burger King), after that walk down Havenwood untill you get to Guilleden Dr. (should be the first street you come across) take a right and walk down and on your right you should see it.

Mississauga Transit

We are Amazing. Get to Square One. Once you get to Square One take the 26 Burnhamthorpe E [to Subway]. While being on the bus get off at Bough's Beeches Blvd (The stop after Dixie/stop after the Burger King), after that walk down Havenwood untill you get to Guilleden Dr. (should be the first street you come across) take a right and walk down and on your right you should see it. Don't forget, we're amazing.

Driving Directions

MAPQUEST!
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?form=d...2s=ON&2z=L4X&2y=CA&2l=43.623279&2g=-79.599044
Just follow the easy steps provided by Mapquest. If you still need help getting there or have any other questions please PM me or call

2. ENTRY FEE & SCHEDULE

Venue Fee: $10 per person
Singles: $10 per person
Doubles: $20 per team ($10 per person)

Pot Distribution

Singles and Doubles

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Crews

First Place - 80%
Second Place - 20%

Schedule

TBA

3. ADDITIONAL INFO AND RULES

• For those of you that are bringing setups, please let us know before hand.
  • You are allowed to choose what your setup will be used for, but in case of emergency where something isn't running on schedule the
  • On another note, PICK UP AFTER YOURSELVES. If things are kept relatively clean less time will be spent on clean up at the end of the night. Which equals more play time and farewell time rather than clean up.
  • Hygiene is important. Don't smell like crap, simply put. We stress this a lot, so please take care of this.
  • No illegal behaviour is permitted in the venue or on the property, so if you are ingaging in any sort of illegal activity (drinking, weed, beating up KingAce because he spammed tornado and gayed you hardcore) please do so away from the venue grounds.
  • Coaching is allowed between matches, nothing too loud. Don't have it distracting the other player. Talking, sneering, and giggling from coaches is allowed, just try not get too loud.
  • Trash talking Is allowed as long as its friendly. Respect the players. No fighting, no rough stuff, no overly abusive language or yelling...you know the deal. Be nice, and try to be a good sport about losing. No johns please, and if you are going to john make it discreet. We don't sore losers to ruin our day

4. RULESETS

General Rules for both games:

Singles

Format:

- There will be pools with an x number of attendants
- x amount of people advance (varies on numbers)
- Respected players are then placed into the bracket

Elimination:

- Double elimination. (With the exception of Crews)

Match Rules:

- All matches are best-of-three. Winner's Finals and Loser's Finals are best-of-five.
- Grand Finals will be a best of 5 sets. (Loser needs to win twice, y'know.)
- All matches are 4 stock with an eight minute time limit.
- Sudden Death will not be played. Ties are broken by stock, if at the same stock it'll be decided by percentage.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- Excessive pausing will be punished. If the other player finds this to have cut inbetween a key phase of the match, he has the right to call you on it, and force you to forfeit.
- Items will, of course, be OFF.

Character Selection:

- A double blind pick may be called at any time during any set. Tournament staff will judge the selection.
- After each match, the loser may pick the next stage (or go random). After this decision is made, the winner of the previous match may change characters. Afterwards, the loser of the previous match may change characters.

Stage Selection:

- After characters are chosen for the first match, both players can knock out one stage for the duration of the set.
- Unless all players can agree on a stage, the first stage of a regular set will be randomly selected.
- Dave's stupid rule is in play.

Just to clarify the order of how the format runs it goes as follows:

Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Teams

Format: All teams will enter standard elimination brackets.

Elimination: Double elimination.

Special Team Rules:
- Team Attack is ON.
- Life stealing is allowed.
- Bracket might be made by seeding which will be talked through with the panelists/staff

All other rules that apply to singles apply to teams as well.

Brawl:

-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Your controller, settings, and name tag are your responsibility prior to the start of the match. Always check you are using the correct settings and everything is working BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions or incorrect settings, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Metaknight is NOT BANNED

Neutral Stages:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Smashville
- Yoshis Island

Counterpick Stages:
- Lylat Cruise
- Delfino Plaza
- Frigate Orpheon
- Battleship Halberd
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Pokemon Stadium

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
- Life Stealing is allowed
- Team attack will be set to ON
- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
- Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Melee:

- 4 stock
- 2/3 sets
- 3/5 finals
- 8 minute time limit
- Items off
- Ties broken by lives, then %
- First stage agreed upon or random
- Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
- Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
- Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
- Wobbling is NOT banned
- Bring your own controller
- Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
- Team Attack will be ON
- Life stealing allowed

Stage Listing

Singles/Crews

The following stages are available for random select:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Fountain of Dreams**
- Pokémon Stadium

The following stages are available for counterpick:
- All random stages
- Rainbow Cruise
- Green Greens
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Poké Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Mute City**

The following stages are banned:

- Mushroom Kingdom
- Mushroom Kingdom II*
- Flatzone
- Icicle Mountain
- Princess Peach's Castle
- Great Bay*
- Venom
- Hyrule Temple
- Yoshi's Island
- Yoshi's Story 64
- Onett
- Fourside
- Big Blue
- Brinstar Depths

* - Allowed in Doubles
** - Banned in Doubles

5. HOUSING

For the time being we don't have any form of housing available, but we'll see whats going on throughout the course of this month. Sanuzi MIGHT have something happening AFTER the tournament, or we might just go to some resturant of some sort after the tournament. If you absolutely need to stay somewhere, we'll see what we can do for you.

6. STAFF/VOLUNTEERS

Help is always greatly appreciated. If you would like to help, it'd be greatly appreciated and having this tournament run as smooth as possible will just insure ourselves time to have friendlies and run other tournaments aswell.

7. SETUPS/EQUIPMENT

Running both games, we're gonna need a lot of setups. So that means Gamecubes/Wiis, Smash, TVs and even VCRs/recording equipment. As a community reaching out to the organizers and helping out is rewarded with a smooth tournament and great memories. I would GREATLY appreciate any sort of help.

TVs

1. Misameka

Brawl Setups

1. TyrantWolf

Melee Setups

1. TyrantWolf

Recording Stuff

8. ATTENDANCE/CONFIRMING

We need people to confirm with us if they're coming or not. It's just nice because if this is big enough, we might do set pools criteria in advance. Helps make things run smoother.

Confirmed List:

1. Nyla
2. MisaMeka
3. TyrantWolf

Sanu

Smash Champion
Confirm me with three full Melee setups and lots of love! <3

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Confirm me for being lat--

I mean, confirm my sexy *** will be attending this :0

**** son, Andy lives RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER from here. I'm probably gonna spend the night at his spamming old school games and not playing guilty gear.

Seriously Andy, no ****ing guilty gear. Just smash and other games.

OH **** DZENAN ALSO LIVES NEARBY LAWLZ

G U R U

Smash Lord
Confirm me for Melee and Brawl. I'll probably bring a setup for brawl too.

Also for brawl rules. You need to have an odd number of stages for stage strike to work. So either move Yoshi's to cp or add another stage to neutral.

Actually I noticed you don't have Lylat anywhere so did you just forget it?

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
Confirm me for Melee and Brawl. I'll probably bring a setup for brawl too.

Also for brawl rules. You need to have an odd number of stages for stage strike to work. So either move Yoshi's to cp or add another stage to neutral.

Actually I noticed you don't have Lylat anywhere so did you just forget it?
Yeah I did actually thanks for pointing that out.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Smash + shorts.. thats gameset.

melee + tv.

imma ask eugene if he can bring his tv and cube too.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'll be there for both. If I can get a ride, I can bring a TV, Brawl setup, a power bar and an extension cord if necessary. Srry, no Melee setup, as my melee disk is a piece of crap.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I should be able to come, for Brawl.

Expensive expensive... that's $20 dollars gone just for Brawl singles. =\

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
WOW we have a secret falcon player that will make apperance in this tournament..
he's getting better.. FAST.
Falcon mains, tighten your buttholes when he comes through.
ughh !

Santana

Smash Apprentice
WOW we have a secret falcon player that will make apperance in this tournament..
he's getting better.. FAST.
Falcon mains, tighten your buttholes when he comes through.
ughh !
lulz, not so secret Stos...

This is still really far away, but I'll sign up anyways.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
he barely goes out for melee but now hes back into melee..
its gg LOL.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Confirm me with two full melee setups, a power bar, and at least one extension cord. Basically, I can have a self-sufficient smash table. Please bear in mind that one of the setups will remain Melee no matter what anyone does to change it to Brawl, because the disc will not come out no matter what you do.

Also, put me on for staff. You could say I've had some experience, so I may be of use :)

EDIT: HOLY HAGS! You probably didn't know that tournaments have been held here before, but the venue you've chosen is where Jeffman and I went to our first tournament ever, back in 2005 (Hosted by Landy). I'm coming to this no matter what, and I'm gonna drag him along too lol.

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
Confirm me for being lat--

I mean, confirm my sexy *** will be attending this :0

**** son, Andy lives RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER from here. I'm probably gonna spend the night at his spamming old school games and not playing guilty gear.

Seriously Andy, no ****ing guilty gear. Just smash and other games.

OH **** DZENAN ALSO LIVES NEARBY LAWLZ
Wow... your a nerd adnan lol

^ Fail. Tameka knows her planning!!
**** STRAIGHT! =D

I'll be there too, and can possibly bring a cube.
Let me know closer to the date if you can bring a set-up for sure or not

I'll be there for both. If I can get a ride, I can bring a TV, Brawl setup, a power bar and an extension cord if necessary. Srry, no Melee setup, as my melee disk is a piece of crap.
I'll be able to get you a ride if needed (meaning everyone else is FAIL n they can't pick you up lol). You're only up in brampton so let me know closer to the date.

I should be able to come, for Brawl.

Expensive expensive... that's $20 dollars gone just for Brawl singles. =\
Well, the venue is a bit pricey, but depending on how many ppl pre-reg to this the price will be mostlikely dropped. But we won't know for a bit.

Confirm me with two full melee setups, a power bar, and at least one extension cord. Basically, I can have a self-sufficient smash table. Please bear in mind that one of the setups will remain Melee no matter what anyone does to change it to Brawl, because the disc will not come out no matter what you do.

Also, put me on for staff. You could say I've had some experience, so I may be of use :)

EDIT: HOLY HAGS! You probably didn't know that tournaments have been held here before, but the venue you've chosen is where Jeffman and I went to our first tournament ever, back in 2005 (Hosted by Landy). I'm coming to this no matter what, and I'm gonna drag him along too lol.
OK, good ****. And tell Landy he better make sure he drags his *** out to this lols

wilkins

Smash Apprentice
Will be attending unless for some extreme family emergency. Other ppl in scarebearia let me kno if u are going and if i can catch a ride. Can bring a cube and melee, possibly power bar if i can find one that is not being used already.

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
why so far away make the date sooner.
I would there are just so many other events going on in july. And then alot of people have school/exams during june.... on another 2 notes
a. I can provide housing for some people
& b. There's going to be another tournament this upcoming july hosted by NAF (Northern Anime Festival) which is going to be at Durham College. But the details on that are kind of sketch so we'll see what happens there.

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
no you don't need your parka... it's so sad when I got to think and remember what the hell a parka is lols

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
AGREED.

Brampton is DOWN. Styll. We're bussing because my family's dumb yearly gathering is on this day. It's the 2nd Saturday of August, every year, and like...3 times now it's fallen on my birthday so I have to sit around in a backyard with old people and annoying 8 year olds.

SO WE'RE BUSSING IT BRAMPTON.

Also, this is down the street from the church I used to go to LOL.

SmashCentralOfficial

Wtf Stos ily.

And yeh PoisonMist, I'm taking this tourny =D.

For Melee I'm going all Roy. Maybe some Mario and Jiggs, but I'd rather just use low tiers. ;]

Sanu

Smash Champion
Wtf Stos ily.

And yeh PoisonMist, I'm taking this tourny =D.

For Melee I'm going all Roy. Maybe some Mario and Jiggs, but I'd rather just use low tiers. ;]
just mm $10 instead of entering lollol

SmashCentralOfficial

See, but if I MM, I only get to play one match.

If I enter, I can play a minimum of two if it's double elimination. =D

Top Bottom