• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Hax$ Melee Falcon Questions: falcon... he's ****ing bad

Hax

Smash Champion
my 1000th post

UNDISCOVERED/UNDERUSED FALCON TECHNIQUES
Whenever I have time, I will be posting Falcon techniques I have deemed either undiscovered, or underused. With 3 Falcons making the top 8 at Genesis, the biggest Melee tournament in history, Falcon is an up and coming competitive character. He is IMO though the most lacking of the top 7, and so I post these and am welcoming your recommendations in the hopes of changing that.

1. Reverse weak knee -> uair edgeguard
Stages: Extremely effective on DL64, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium; Decent on: FoD, Yoshi's; Bad on: FD
Characters: Fox, Falco
Youtube link: coming soon
*Reverse weak knee -> uair edgeguard is a way of placing an opposing spacie underneath a stage like BF or DL64 so that their only vertical recovery move, mozilla firefox (lol) will not get them back on the stage. The reason it works on the 3 stages listed as "extremely effective" is because the opponent is unable to up-b with spacies and make it back on if you are holding the edge, and they are under the stage (but NOT parallel to the edge). Basically the idea is to face the stage when a spacie is below the edge about to up-b directly up, shorthop backwards, knee so that the weak knee pretty much covers the ledge (they have no choice but to get hit by this) and you follow with a uair, putting them under. This can kill at any percent and is the best way to edgeguard space animals. This is considered decent on FoD because if you go very far down, it is possible to put them under the stage with it (but not likely). It is also decent on Yoshi's because while they can't go under the stage, the bottom blast line is so high up it'll sometimes kill them if they're unable to up-b fast enough. It isn't phenomenal on FD because they can up-b and pretty much slide up the stage with it. Falco's recovery however is very short and they're often unable to recover from this for that reason.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Where can I find recent vids of you? I get the impression that you've improved a lot in the past few months, and would like to see some of your newer stuff.

Hax

Smash Champion
i'm waiting on scar to upload some teams sets i beasted in. drewb00b i'm 14, and muchhhhhhhhh better than jman

Hax

Smash Champion
@ kage: ... apex

i like to cstick the nair as its pretty tough to pull off otherwise

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
rofl exactly how do you c-stick a n-air? I've never even heard of that, it must be something only pros can do!!

Hax

Smash Champion
falcon has no approaching moves. to make up for this he has the goodest dashdance ever which you should use a lot. also doublejump alot.. sh*t *****. let em come to you and skeet on them with a hax combo

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
falcon has no approaching moves. to make up for this he has the goodest dashdance ever which you should use a lot. also doublejump alot.. sh*t *****. let em come to you and skeet on them with a hax combo
imo this is the single best advice to falcon people everywhere, this topic is better than scar's g-reg's ANGELO BANGELO's drew b's mango's m2k's ask about falcon or whoever else's topic EVER and forever from here on out

sooooo goooooood and true

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So just dd camp until they make a mistake and then combo them to kingdom come? I've been approaching with nair, but this does seem to make sense.

Hax

Smash Champion
approaching with nair worked for me.. at pound 3. people are sooo good now and falcon just has to be defensive and gay to win. retreating nair.. that **** is good

i'm 15 :D

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
approaching with nair worked for me.. at pound 3. people are sooo good now and falcon just has to be defensive and gay to win. retreating nair.. that **** is good

i'm 15 :D
lol i thought u supposed to approach with double jumb up b? or maybe short hop falcon kick?
**** arnt 15 year olds supposed to play brawl oh wait ur that hax kid LMAOOO

sup hax

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
How to play Captain Falcon by Hax (Directions given at RoM):

1. Hax combo.
2. Reverse Hax combo.
3. Walljump Hax combo.
4. Don't predict their tech chase, look into their soul and make them go where you want them to go.
5. If things get rough, counterpick Haxlefield or Hax's Story.
6. If all else fails, pretend you're Hax.

Hax

Smash Champion
sbtg is the **** my n!gga my pair is being mailed as we speak. it might be here tomorrow so i can rock em at apex. deadstock sonn

Hax

Smash Champion
sent chu into losers yesterday, then bareeely lost a match to gayman's fox. won some matches (including a 4-stock against anther) and had to face chu again in losers semis. i had a train to catch in 10 minutes so i sandbagged hard (honestly) and lost. apex was wack :(

Hax

Smash Champion
skyheart - not at all lol, i just think falcon ***** IC's. man i wanted to finish that 2nd set but i h2g
jihad - its mad good; can i be in arab money 2? lol

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
sent chu into losers yesterday, then bareeely lost a match to gayman's fox. won some matches (including a 4-stock against anther) and had to face chu again in losers semis. i had a train to catch in 10 minutes so i sandbagged hard (honestly) and lost. apex was wack :(
how do u beat pikachu i hear nair is the secret is it???

Hax

Smash Champion
if you're being serious.. downthrow chaingrab into nair lol

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Good job beasting at Apex, Hax! Little Rascal's Tree House is too good.

Should I use the D-smash more? Out of throws? Rarely? I haven't been using it as much as I used to.

Hax

Smash Champion
dsmash is really good and would make the fsmash obsolete IF you could pivot with it (from what i know, you can't)

its front hit has less lag than the fsmash and a similar amount of dmg/knockback. the back hit is mad good as well; i was thinking backhit -> knee would work if they DI in O_O

its best use would probably be after a dthrow on spacies where they land near the ledge; they basically only have 2 tech options and it covers both =)

Top Bottom