• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Hax$ Melee Falcon Questions: falcon... he's ****ing bad

Hax

Smash Champion
hawaiianjiggs: that's something you can practice in training mode. as for fsmashing, i have no idea why that attack would come out upon you throwing them. perhaps you're trying to jump and c-stick forward in order to knee and you're hitting the c-stick before you jump. just get the timing down for when you can jump after a uthrow/dthrow. perhaps jump buffering could be useful for this, although i don't use it

roll/spotdodge-buffering's main use is getting out of IC's cg, which FYI doesn't work anymore (except for the backwards one which i don't know how to do.. and of course wobbling). but yeah when getting cg'd by them hold diagonal-away on the control stick and down on the c-stick to buffer a spotdodge. and they can't cg you.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
what is FYI?

also,i think hawaiianJP meant doing stuff outta grabs,like jumping after throws,i also have that problem sometimes,but to remediate it i jump too late and cant make good stuff,hax do you have some strat to make stuff outta grabs ASAP?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
FYI means for your information

yeah dude you seriosuly jsut practice. if you dont jump it means that you imput the jump button too fast.

skyheart

Smash Lord
depends on di/distance as they are about to hit the ground, details, go on aim and talk to bahahahaha333

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea thats a pretty hard question to answer, to many variables and stuff

another question is, when can you start the down throw chain grab on fox/falco?
ive seen ss and darkrain do it at like 60ish or less percent, really early

and it wont work if they di away right

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
none of CF's "chain grabs" work. basically, if you throw them and they look too low to aerial, but not low enough that they would hit the ground before you could dash there, you can regrab.

You should also be CGing spacies with uthrow, it "works" around 60-70ish with DIing in or no DI

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
di in or no di

isnt that the same for the downthrow chain grab?

i know it shouldnt work but it will a few times here and there.... ill do it on your falco sometime

loooooooooool

pockyD

Smash Legend
dthrow "works" on DI in; uthrow generally puts them on a platform (which is not a bad thing, but does prevent you from regrabbing)

Scar

#HarveyDent
di in or no di

isnt that the same for the downthrow chain grab?

i know it shouldnt work but it will a few times here and there.... ill do it on your falco sometime

loooooooooool
yeah very much no, you can only regrab v spacies w/ dthrow at high percents vs inwards DI which they'll only do one time if that

PB&J

Smash Hero
hawaiianjiggs: that's something you can practice in training mode. as for fsmashing, i have no idea why that attack would come out upon you throwing them. perhaps you're trying to jump and c-stick forward in order to knee and you're hitting the c-stick before you jump. just get the timing down for when you can jump after a uthrow/dthrow. perhaps jump buffering could be useful for this, although i don't use it

roll/spotdodge-buffering's main use is getting out of IC's cg, which FYI doesn't work anymore (except for the backwards one which i don't know how to do.. and of course wobbling). but yeah when getting cg'd by them hold diagonal-away on the control stick and down on the c-stick to buffer a spotdodge. and they can't cg you.
hax is right he was escaping ..so ill just do the reverse dair..but hax is a monster hopefully ss accepts your mm

Hax

Smash Champion
falcon doesn't have any true CG's, however my entire anti-sheik game is focused on dthrow and uthrow "chaingrabs" (which sheik players NEVER di) since falcon doesn't have any other options upon throwing them at 0 (uthrow nair does NOT work)

my strat against sheik is to let her come to you, grab, chaingrab a bit, dthrow and try and land a stomp (techchase) then jab to stand em up. jab reset is too good people.. then you stomp em again and they're at like 60. once they're at 30ish you should be uthrowing -> uair -> regrab, **** *****.

back on topic though, i love doing the dthrow chaingrab on spacies into dropzone. you can usually get about 2 dthrow's in before they DI which is good enough to get em off the stage. once sheik/spacies is off the stage, your falcon sucks d*ck if they make it back.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
high percents?

i was off when i said 60 percent or less lol

it was 80

thats not that high tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuD5WYew-Fg

2:19

ss vs tang
you ever hear of "west coast DI"?

because that is a shining example of how to DI like an idiot

like literally all you have to do is NOT HOLD IN and he can't chaingrab

for the record SS videos are terrible examples of seeing what combos and what doesn't because he either does ridiculous **** you will never get the oppurtunity to do in a match or his opponents DI like their brain shut down into **** that doesn't even work on level 9 DI.

Hax

Smash Champion
it works for the same reason dropzone works: people DI in on impulse

and wtf i've chaingrabbed foxes at like 40..

pockyD

Smash Legend
yea thats a pretty hard question to answer, to many variables and stuff

another question is, when can you start the down throw chain grab on fox/falco?
ive seen ss and darkrain do it at like 60ish or less percent, really early

and it wont work if they di away right

for the record SS videos are terrible examples of seeing what combos and what doesn't because he either does ridiculous **** you will never get the oppurtunity to do in a match or his opponents DI like their brain shut down into **** that doesn't even work on level 9 DI.
whoooops

he's asking for the percent where you can grab before they tech if they flub the DI... don't act like it never happens or it's never useful... the beauty of smash is the lack of "set combos" and instead the necessity of reacting and doing things that don't "always" work

So the victim panicked and DI'd wrong... who's to say that won't happen with you? and even then, if you see them DI correctly, it's not like you're forced to run forward and whiff a grab anyway

"Situational" things still have "situations" where they are useful

P.C. Jona

Smash Master

wow you play fox?
go to genesis i wanna see ss do that to you so you can feel mad dum
its not like it cant happen
you act like everyone is perfect and will never allow it to happen
and darkrain has done the same thing
so whats the problem there, midwest di?

sometimes people take the west coast di thing too far
they act like west coast is trash but they have the best player, and im pretty sure by the time genesis comes around people will see how good ss is and that its not just west coast di

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Hax I've been working on a spectre-style combo on marth, because I can't play against him. So far, it's a pretty solid zero-50% combo.
Dthrow
Regrab uthrow
nair
regrab dthrow
Knee/nair to knee/sexyness

Do you approve?

PolMex23

Smash Champion

lololol

ASk Kage, he always yells "WEST COAST"

Lol luv that guy

PB&J

Smash Hero
superryan is a vet in this game and his di is good..so many fanboys..i love ss..but just because he does it to this person doesnt mean he would do it to the world

inui logic is spreading like wildfire

Hax

Smash Champion
Hax I've been working on a spectre-style combo on marth, because I can't play against him. So far, it's a pretty solid zero-50% combo.
Dthrow
Regrab uthrow
nair
regrab dthrow
Knee/nair to knee/sexyness

Do you approve?
i'd say that's more of a hax combo than a ss combo but w.e

i'm dissapointed it isn't 0 to death

ss is catching up to me tho im impressed

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
i'd say that's more of a hax combo than a ss combo but w.e

i'm dissapointed it isn't 0 to death

ss is catching up to me tho im impressed
if you approve it's a hax combo
and when it's a hax combo it's hot.

uthrow>nair>knee and **** and things can work at other percents, right? I'll begin working on the Irish Hax Combo

Dedicated to Hax

Edit: I call it a spectre combo because of all the grabs.

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
superryan is a vet in this game and his di is good..so many fanboys..i love ss..but just because he does it to this person doesnt mean he would do it to the world

inui logic is spreading like wildfire
He did beat taj and woobles and they are east coast.... i thought people already knew that west coast Di was just some dumb **** after what mang0 did in east coast

DrewB008

Smash Lord
why do people try to say combos everybody does are "spectre style"

taj and wobbles are wc

hax what sheiks do you play that let you cg them, that totally doesnt work, joshu didnt even let me do it in like 2007

skyheart

Smash Lord
it could easily be reaction, his opponent might not see the grab coming and then di'ing the dthrow is too late

Top Bottom