• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask Hax$ Melee Falcon Questions: falcon... he's ****ing bad

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
How did you get so good so quickly?

another question for lulz...how do i gimp marth. is this possible haha?
I just get frustrated when I play my friend's marth because he just grabs me and throws me off stage and gimps me with uber lame fsmash spam. It's funny, too, because I don't play Falco and yet I can destroy his Marth on any stage with Falco. But I just can't figure out how to play Falcon against his Marth.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
how To Play Captain Falcon By Hax (directions Given At Rom):

1. Hax Combo.
2. Reverse Hax Combo.
3. Walljump Hax Combo.
4. Don't Predict Their Tech Chase, Look Into Their Soul And Make Them Go Where You Want Them To Go.
5. If Things Get Rough, Counterpick Haxlefield Or Hax's Story.
6. If All Else Fails, Pretend You're Hax.
Lmfao .

Divinokage

Smash Legend
How did you get so good so quickly?

another question for lulz...how do i gimp marth. is this possible haha?
I just get frustrated when I play my friend's marth because he just grabs me and throws me off stage and gimps me with uber lame fsmash spam. It's funny, too, because I don't play Falco and yet I can destroy his Marth on any stage with Falco. But I just can't figure out how to play Falcon against his Marth.
You must LOVE the game and then your power level will increase x10 times faster. =)

Hax

Smash Champion
You can pivot Dsmash.
...i'll never use fsmash again. :)

also i wouldn't say i got good fast at all lol. i started off in '06 with sheik (i was 11 or 12 LOL) and i really only got good by the time of pound 3 (early '08). then i quit cus my grades were dwindling and i came back around christmas, wack as hell.

as for marth, he's probably one of the easiest characters in the game to gimp once he doesn't have his jump. what you have to do is kindof complicated.. its this trick i invented but its beast as hell. basically you ledgehop a lot to maintain invincibility for when he up-b's; but instead of ledgehopping straight up and down, ledgehop and swing back (away from the stage) and then return towards the stage to grab ledge. the idea is for falcon to c0ck back so marth's up-b can't hit you. do you get me? then when he up-b's and lands on stage don't knee him, rather ledgehop stomp into backwards knee. that **** is foolproof. if he DI's the stomp into the stage, double ****ing knee him. when marth gets stomped after 30% he's basically dead lol.

also SDing is my greatest weakness lol.. just play safe and never do anything risky that will put you off the edge. smash is a defensive game imo; falcon especially has to camp to win.

skyheart

Smash Lord
yeah in terms of years, hax should be pro, the reason why people think he got good in like under a year is because he looks so young, and...he is young looool, so comparing to the general ages of good/pro players, it's quite astonishing

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
yeah in terms of years, hax should be pro, the reason why people think he got good in like under a year is because he looks so young, and...he is young looool, so comparing to the general ages of good/pro players, it's quite astonishing
Nah, it's expected for the younger players to be better. they have more free time. Only the vets who don't work or have been consistent in the scene for a long time end up getting nice.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
hax has been playing for suuuuuuuuper long man, like at least 3 or 4 years

also when we doin this modern art **** LOLLLLL

i was like half serious because its so funny

skyheart

Smash Lord
if you play 3 to 5 times a week, and each time at least couple hours, and with good people, you are bound to get good, the people that doesn't get good is because they stopped playing

if a person that's still scrub today (i won't name any names) played m2k say on a weekly basis, just playing him, for let's say...6 months straight, 3 to 5 times a week, that person WOULD have gotten good, the main thing is keep playing

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
if you play 3 to 5 times a week, and each time at least couple hours, and with good people, you are bound to get good, the people that doesn't get good is because they stopped playing

if a person that's still scrub today (i won't name any names) played m2k say on a weekly basis, just playing him, for let's say...6 months straight, 3 to 5 times a week, that person WOULD have gotten good, the main thing is keep playing
TRUTH.

The other thing that people may or may not forget is that practice doesn't make perfect.
Perfect practice makes perfect.
You can't just practice and expect to get better. You need to actually work hard and play hard when you practice. That's why I'm still bad LOL.
Heck, that's why I'm still bad at breakdancing despite doing it for 3 years.

Hax

Smash Champion
not only do i not own the game.. i'd be lucky to get to play once a week :(

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Alright I got a question that I been thinking and rubbing my chin every time I think about it. edit (woun't mind asking you and scar and others...knowledge is power ;p)

Let say someone doesn't have any friends to play with in the area, What kind of training can someone get? What level the cpu should be set at? Neg and positives of that cpu level as well. I know that human players are WAY better and the likes...but is a question it needed to be asked. nuff siad.

-action B.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Alright I got a question that I been thinking and rubbing my chin every time I think about it. edit (woun't mind asking you and scar and others...knowledge is power ;p)

Let say someone doesn't have any friends to play with in the area, What kind of training can someone get? What level the cpu should be set at? Neg and positives of that cpu level as well. I know that human players are WAY better and the likes...but is a question it needed to be asked. nuff siad.

-action B.
I'm in your situation and have been for a while now. When I had AR I'd just brain storm for new techs and practice my spacing with the hitboxes exposed. I'd honestly spend a good hour on that and wish I still had it cause it is the best. Now that I don't have AR I just cycle through Fox, Falco and Sheik to practice my quicker technical's. C.Falcon and Marth for my spacing and my main for my overall game play. Only reason I use so many characters practice wise is because I get a feel for how other characters feel when they move around the stage. Other than that just watch videos. Playing people though has no real substitute. You can get killer techs though. :uzi:

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
falcon has no approaching moves. to make up for this he has the goodest dashdance ever which you should use a lot. also doublejump alot.. sh*t *****. let em come to you and skeet on them with a hax combo
i followed these rules and dash danced my *** off. if they don't fall for it or pretend not to be falling for it, i'd throw a knee out there for fun.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
As stupid as this sounds, I have trouble comboing out of grabs sometimes.

I feel like I try to jump too fast after I throw.

For example, if I'm fighting Marth and he's at 65% and I know I can up throw to knee, I throw up and try to jump too fast and nothing happens?

Do I need to just practice watching when the throw animation finishes so I can jump and knee?

What am I missing?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
the upthrow knee on marth is supposed to be immediate

you just need to follow the di

none left or right

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
-_- do you not understand what I'm saying? I know it's immediate. But sometimes I press x and I don't jump and I end up fsmashing.

This is just an example of something I've notcied with my game play where I grab and I SHOULD punish but I can't get to X spot fast enough.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
oh, then practice thats all

and dont get too excited when your doing something

sometimes i get excited when im doing something awesome and i end up ruining it.

sometimes you gotta pretend theres no one there and its just you and a computer playing

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
hax, i was told melee has no buffering. im also told that you can buffer a roll with cstick before you land. how do i do this? is it possible?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
k.. ill have to experiment with that to really understand it. since i dont own wii/gamecube ill just have to wait till like a tourney or smashfest or something. :(

pockyD

Smash Legend
buffering rolls is incredibly useful, especially for escaping punishment as soon as you get out of lag (say out of a neutral tech or an aerial)

also if you just want to 'see' how it works, just stand somewhere, shield, and hold c-stick in a direction, and you will just constantly roll (left/right), jump (up), or dodge (down) on what i believe is the 2nd frame possible

pockyD

Smash Legend
i like it to punish CCing peach/samus's when sometimes you can't with a roll

this has little to do with falcon though

Top Bottom