• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS6: Armageddon, San Antonio TX June 20th Partial Results thread up, see last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Final Smash VI:
Armageddon

The regional to end all regionals.

WHY YOU SHOULD COME TO THIS:

-Brought to you by KM, Xyro and DuggFinn. The 3 best TO's in Texas are forming a deadly trifecta to get this tournament done smoothly and efficently.
-The best of the best will be there. Every Final Smash has drawn the best players the southwest has to offer. This will be no exception.
-Make a name for yourself. With all that skill gathered, if you make the top 5, you will get recognition.
-Crew Battles!Thanks to having an extra day of Brawl, there will be time for this. No more excuses, Texas needs real crew battles for best city bragging rights.
-Brawl+ I have been wanting to hold one of these for a while. Thanks to the Brawlplusery, there's a much more official codeset available and it has come a very long way from its initial creation.
-Brawl+/Melee Bowser Challenges As suggested by GHNeko. Why not? All Bowser players please step forward.
-Duelist Tournament As suggested by lots of people. Brought to you by UTD Zac (so yell at him if you don't like the rules >.>

Events:

Doors open at noon. Registration is open until an event has begun.

Saturday:

Brawl Singles @ 1 pm
Duelist @fter Brawl singles

Sunday:

Brawl Teams @ 1 pm
Brawl+ Singles @ 2 pm
Crews @fter Brawl Teams and Brawl+ is concluded.

If there is not enough crews to warrant a tournament, I will only allow exhibition battles. All tournaments will be double elmination except crews.

Where:

Gamelot
7007 Bandera Rd
San Antonio, TX
(At Bandera and Huebner on the corner with the Church's Chicken.)
210-684-0101

Entry Fees:

Venue Fee: $5 for a wristband. You will need this to be allowed into the tournament area. Those who bring consoles need to inform the owner, because they are entitled to a free drink and snack.

Singles: $10 per player
Duelist: $1 per player
Teams: $10 per team
Brawl + Singles: $5 per player
Crews: $20 per crew

Prize Layout:

All MAIN events will pay out as such:

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%
5th: 2.5%

All SIDE events will pay out as such:

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

Crews:

1st: 70%
2nd: 30%

General Rules:

Double Elimination
Best 2/3 matches
Finals (Winners, Losers) will be best 3/5 matches
Grand Finals are best 4/7 matches

Pausing will result in the loss of a round unless the opponent lets it slide.

All button changes MUST BE DONE before the rounds begin.

If any rules are broken, you should report WHEN IT HAPPENS, not after the fact.

***Super Smash Bros Brawl***

Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Everything else is banned.

No items
Time Limit: 8 minutes
3 stock
At the beginning of a match players can opt for a double blind pick.

Each player can strike one stage. Both players can also mutually agree to no strikes.

California strike system:

At the start of the first round, players flip a coin. Players then take turns to eliminate stages one by one until there is only one remaining. The remaining stage will be used.

After the first round the loser picks the stage, the winner decides what character he will play and then the loser will pick their character and the next round will begin.

ALL Stall tactics such as MetaKnight's Infinite Dimensional Cape glitch are banned, unless they are for recovery purposes.

Banned Techniques:

-DDD's standing infinite chaingrab.
-Infinites may not extend past 300% to prevent stalling.

Duelist Tournament

For the uninformed, Duelist involves all players, 2-4 playing as Snake on a custom stage with a roof overhead and nothing underneath. Using self C4 and Up+ B, the goal is to stay aloft as long as possible. You are allowed to hit other players to try make them unable to recover. As damage increases, teching the ceiling becomes key to survival. Last man "standing" wins.

Ruleset (PENDING) brought to you by UTD Zac.

* Normal SBR Rules
* All players must use Snake.
* Players cannot use any attacks above the stage, this includes Dsmash, C4, Mortar Sliding, and grabbing. Only attacks that take place inside the stage's boundaries are legal. Footstooling is not an attack.
* SDI through the stage is allowed, popping through to the top of the stage from below it. However, you can only use this 3 times per stock.

See thread here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237117

Crew Battle Rules:

-Crews may be composed of 12 stock divided amongest 3 or 4 players.
-Each player must select a predetermined character to use per crew battle. These selections may be changed between rounds.
-No two players may use the same character (No more than one Snake, MK, etc)
-First match will be blind pick. After the first match, the losing crew will have the option to send in their next player.
-The losing crew has two options: random select or choose a counterpick stage. However, if they choose the latter option, the winning crew will be allowed to change their character based on the stage selection.

Brawl+ Rules

Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Wifi Waiting Room
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Frozen)
Wario Ware (Frozen with Larger Boundaries)

Counterpick
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Luigi's Mansion (without the mansion)
Norfair
Onett
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

Everything else is banned.

No items
Time Limit: 8 minutes
4 stock

Each player can strike one stage. Both players can also mutually agree to no strikes.

California strike system:

At the start of the first round, players flip a coin. Players then take turns to eliminate stages one by one until there is only one remaining. The remaining stage will be used.

After the first round the loser picks the stage, the winner decides what character he will play and then the loser will pick their character and the next round will begin.

ALL Stall tactics such as MetaKnight's Infinite Dimensional Cape glitch are banned, unless they are for recovery purposes.

List of Attendees:

San Antonio:

King Mosquito
Greyfox
MorningStar
Ethan
Jack Frost
Espy
Kprime
Niddo
Pyledriver

Austin:

talkingbeatles
Hylian
JoWii

Dallas:

Foursaken
Infinity
Bwett

Houston:

The Jerm
Xyro
Ultimate Razer
GH Neko
Ozz

El Paso:

Furious DuffmanX
Arturito Burrito

RGV:

Vorgeun
Broly
Pax
Vash

This list is in truth a lot longer, this is just a tally of the people posting in this thread expressing interest.

Post your concerns and I will see to them if I can.

Lets get hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ddd ICG?
wall ICG?
stalling?
tilt locks?
ledge grab limits?

would you address these?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
.............Dang it. Unless my parents re-plan our vacation, I can't go to this and meet the other Texas Ikes.

*headdesks repeatedly*

At least it's not 100% set in stone yet......maybe I can convince them to delay it one day so I can go to singles.......

Anyhow, for the things Xyro has listed: I have no problems with tilt + jab locks that aren't against a wall. They are very hard to set up and over all don't deal a lot of damage unless they hit a wall. I'd say allow them to be fully legal, unless they hit a wall in which case you can only add X% before letting them out.

DDD ICG + Wall ICG......Wall ICG should have the same % as the tilt lock against the wall if it goes that way. DDD ICG I honestly don't know about......

*agrees with ledge grab limit* You might need to change the number for Norfair though. There are a heck of a lot of ledges there after all. Maybe 50 on regular stages, 75 on Norfair?

Stalling is too vague outside of things like Key Stalling under the rock/rudder on Pirate Ship to do much about.

I'd also be curious to see how this tournament would go if MK was banned, but I doubt that's going to happen. XD

Dojo

Smash Champion
I think I have my jaw surgery on the 25th. Idk if it'll take long to recover, but I'm sure I'll be in pain. Eh, I haven't missed one yet, so I'll see about making this if Cake can drive or something. I'll be doped on tabs or something probably.

Also, first dibs on any housing if possible.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Is sad that Lylat and Siege are still neutrals, but that's okay.
Alrighty, I'm excited for this either way.

Suspect

Smash Hero
All characters should be set at a 55-60 ledge grab limit....ALL characters plz lol

And yea lylat and siege still neutrals? oh well

ill be here of course

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
All characters should be set at a 55-60 ledge grab limit....ALL characters plz lol

And yea lylat and siege still neutrals? oh well

ill be here of course
I think I'm going to agree on cutting this from the neutrals.

Possibly Green Hill Zone, but I don't know if that even gets CP enough to warrant a ban.

Also, technique bans will be coming, but at my discretion. I will update with them later.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
If we're talking about moving stages from CP to ban, I'd vote for Luigi's Mansion to be banned. DK and G&W can theoretically live at 999% thanks to momentum canceling. I've seen a video of it. Very hard to do, but still doable. And if someone wants to learn something badly enough in this game, they will learn it. GHZ I wouldn't mind banned as well but it's not a big deal to me. I thought Corneria was now banned due to risk free planking, or something like that but again it's not a big deal to me.

Beyond all of that, the rest will have to wait and see what techs you ban/limit.

Suspect

Smash Hero
i wanna start claiming team mates now.

anyone from out of town want to team with me? no ok thanks :(

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
I had a major problem with seeding last time. At Final Smash 5, an abundance of Dallas players hit Dallas players right off the bat once we broke to the actual tournament bracket. I don't know who hit who exactly beyond my own experience, but I know that I wasn't exuberant about hitting Phoenix Alpha, Dojo, and Bwett in that order. Two of these players are local, and before FS5, Dojo came around Dallas enough that I played him semi frequently. My only gripe is that I wasn't exposed to as much diversity as I thought I would be. (San Antonio, Louisiana, Houston, etc). I fought hard for 3rd seed, and just felt like I got "juiced" driving out 4+ hours to play locals for higher stakes. Pools were great, don't get me wrong, and I understand that running into players from your city will occur, but when they are the first round of winners AND losers, that was annoying. I want to attend FS6 with the entirety of Dallas, I'm assuming, but I also want to assure that my money is going to go towards a more enjoyable experience bracket wise. Doubles was great, I didn't hit anyone from Dallas until quarter finals. More of that, you know? I understand there is also a factor of luck involved in generating matches, but this was one thing that irked me after attending one of your tournaments last time. I still had a great time regardless, I'm just providing you some feedback of what I though.

I'll inform the rest of Dallas at the next smash fest, the 10+ of us will need housing, and we'll try and make it. :)

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
I've been in hiding, revamping my play style. I could feel my play style getting extremely stale at FS5, and the PBT that Hylian, Razer, and Sethlon attended. Since then, and partially due to school, I've strayed from the scene a bit in an effort to clear my play style of bad habits and cookie cutter strategies. I saw videos of myself mindlessly jumping around spacing and grabbing, that's it. Bleh, that can only work for so long, and if I ever want to get beyond the honorable mention status on the PR, my old play style simply wont cut it. I'm thinking a lot more when I play now, and I'm seeing progress. There was a certain MK at a local tournament I just could never, and I mean NEVER, take a match off of... before. The weekend of April 17-20th was different, however, and I managed to take him to the last round in Winners and Grand Finals, even two stocking him in the process.

I like progress, as gradual as it may be, and I'll slowly be making my smash debut back into the scene at a high profile tournament such as this. :colorful:

And I believe we had a money match to settle our 1-1, Jerm. ;)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I better not end up in the same pool again as you Foursaken. You harshly 3 stocked me last time. None of my characters do well against D3. lol Ike, Bowser, and Falcon. I would have to go Falcon.....which is sad....

Bwett

Smash Ace
I really don't think that there was any seeding done at FS5. I played D4ba, Foursaken, and Infinity early. As Foursaken said, I really hope that King Mosquito comes through this time. If I'm disappointed at this one as well, I don't think I'll be coming again.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I really don't think that there was any seeding done at FS5. I played D4ba, Foursaken, and Infinity early. As Foursaken said, I really hope that King Mosquito comes through this time. If I'm disappointed at this one as well, I don't think I'll be coming again.
Bwett, if there are pools it's impossible to seed by region. Seeding by pool results should always come in first priority.

Playing with someone often shouldn't give you the advantage of not having to play them early if there were pools. Without pools it's pretty easy to seed by skill and region, but pools seed the bracket, not the TO.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I had a major problem with seeding last time. At Final Smash 5, an abundance of Dallas players hit Dallas players right off the bat once we broke to the actual tournament bracket. I don't know who hit who exactly beyond my own experience, but I know that I wasn't exuberant about hitting Phoenix Alpha, Dojo, and Bwett in that order. Two of these players are local, and before FS5, Dojo came around Dallas enough that I played him semi frequently. My only gripe is that I wasn't exposed to as much diversity as I thought I would be. (San Antonio, Louisiana, Houston, etc). I fought hard for 3rd seed, and just felt like I got "juiced" driving out 4+ hours to play locals for higher stakes. Pools were great, don't get me wrong, and I understand that running into players from your city will occur, but when they are the first round of winners AND losers, that was annoying. I want to attend FS6 with the entirety of Dallas, I'm assuming, but I also want to assure that my money is going to go towards a more enjoyable experience bracket wise. Doubles was great, I didn't hit anyone from Dallas until quarter finals. More of that, you know? I understand there is also a factor of luck involved in generating matches, but this was one thing that irked me after attending one of your tournaments last time. I still had a great time regardless, I'm just providing you some feedback of what I though.

I'll inform the rest of Dallas at the next smash fest, the 10+ of us will need housing, and we'll try and make it. :)
I understand seeding wasn't the best, and I apologize for what happened. I simply fed the data into Tio, got the strange bracket that I did and I didn't have the time to try to seed it by hand. If Tio does the same thing I just might do that (and not mess with entering pool data on Tio, just entering the players that get out of pools into a new bracket with skill levels 1-X to show their ranking in their pools.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Kyle, will Cliff be allowing any additional space, other than the closet? You already know what'll otherwise happen :/

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I didn't know you couldn't seed by region with pools data
You can, it's just pretty much cheating to do so.

The entire point of pools is to seed the bracket.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Sorry if people already requested off work for this, but I've had to change this dates to both Final Smash 6 and 7. You can blame a bunch of LARP players renting out the space for this.

Here are the new dates:

Final Smash 6 moved up a week to June 20th and 21st

Final Smash 7
is moved back a week to August 1st.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No johns about winning, silly. I just won't be in pain when I do it now. :p
I'm pre~tty sure that winning johns are still johns.

Oh, and you're still too slow to catch me, and I'm gonna have to prove it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Sorry if people already requested off work for this, but I've had to change this dates to both Final Smash 6 and 7. You can blame a bunch of LARP players renting out the space for this.

Here are the new dates:

Final Smash 6 moved up a week to June 20th and 21st

O_O

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

*goes off to but LARP players a present*

EDIT: K_M, are you going to change the stage list so it works with the new recommended rule list?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
O_O

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

*goes off to buy LARP players a present*

EDIT: K_M, are you going to change the stage list so it works with the new recommended rule list?
I just got done with finals today, so I can now focus on this developing this tournament as much as possible.

BTW, I'm unable to locate the Louisiana thread suddenly. Could someone go inform LA about this tournament?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I just got done with finals today, so I can now focus on this developing this tournament as much as possible.

BTW, I'm unable to locate the Louisiana thread suddenly. Could someone go inform LA about this tournament?
Sure.

And that must be nice to have finals done. I finished my English 4 AP test today. >_> Not looking forwards to College tests....

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It's the same ****.
Infact, College I find, is easier than AP classes.
^_^

Of course....Canadian Colleges are harder to get used to then American Colleges....and I'm going back in a few years....

My cousin was a straight A American student grade wise, went over to UBC, got told he was behind in several courses and had to take remedial courses. >_> I REALLY hope I don't end up going through that...

Trela

Smash Lord
I might be able to make it to fs6. I'll try to convine my parents to stay at my grandparents in SA.

Yeah, I'm coming. It's gonna be a yes. I'm looking forward to playing all of you TRASHBALLS! /allantrashtalk

=Trela=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom