• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS6: Armageddon, San Antonio TX June 20th Partial Results thread up, see last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
^_^

Of course....Canadian Colleges are harder to get used to then American Colleges....and I'm going back in a few years....

My cousin was a straight A American student grade wise, went over to UBC, got told he was behind in several courses and had to take remedial courses. >_> I REALLY hope I don't end up going through that...
Where did he live in America though...?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Okay. Just checking. I mean... because, there are a lot of ****ty schools in the south.

Sometimes A plus student doesn't really mean anything. I'm not trying to be offensive, it's just...
well, America has problems with its education system.
>_>

So I noticed. They didn't like my Canadian grades because we use a different % scale, and it took me months before they gave me the equivalent worth in American grades.....letter grade wise. Not % wise. What ever letter grade I should of had with my Canadian grade, they gave me it in American grade, but the lowest % possible for that grade.

70% to pass here
50% to pass in Canada because if it was 70% a lot more kids would be failing.

Before they didn't change the % grades I had, just the letter grade (86% went from an A to a B, 72% went from a B to a C, my two 68%s went from C+s to Fs.)

Now they have quasy fixed it, but my GPA ranking is still screwed. (89% for example went to 90% instead of say around 93% which would have been closer to a perfect translation. 68% went to 70% instead of 77%, etc)

And I am reaaaaaaaaaally hijacking this topic, aren't I?

So, what stages that are in the C/B section do you guys think will be legal once KM gets around to making changes?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
So, what stages that are in the C/B section do you guys think will be legal once KM gets around to making changes?
I'm thinking of taking out Green Hill Zone and Corneria. I really like Corneria though.....

Also I fixed my neutrals to NOT include Castle Siege and Lylat anymore. After playing a lot of Lylat myself I don't think it should be a neutral. I see why everyone didn't like it.

Luigi's Mansion is up in the air.

What's up with those "side events"?
Crews are the thing I want to do the most. There hasn't been any serious Brawl crew battles since it came out, and I want to do it even more so since time didn't allow for it at FS5.

However, I wouldn't mind doing Brawl+ or Low tier.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I personally think Lylat is more neutral then Halbred (which I've seen neutral in some places and not Lylat), but w/e. Tilting is less disruptive then giant lasers, bombs, and claws IMO.

Corneria I support the ban off: it allows really good, risk free planking. Sad, but true. I mean, as Ike even I could plank the heck out of that fin, and if I was ever in any danger I could just drop down lower, aether/uair my attacker and either regrab the fin or land down below and hope to Fthrow infinite them. The Uair part is particularly a good point. If the opponent tries to approach, due to the angle of the fin/uair's hitbox, they have almost no way of hitting me without putting themselves in danger of the smallest blastzone area in the game. They could die easily at 40% from that.

Luigi's Mansion should be banned. DK and G&W can live at 999% there with good teching + momentum canceling as long as part of the bottom part of the house is still up.

I'm also glad D3's standing infinity is banned. Now I actually have a chance against D3s: Bowser doesn't do so bad with the infinity banned...

EDIT: Will there be a different stage list for doubles? You could add back in a few stages as less stage related "gay" stuff happens in doubles.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm going to be repping Ike, Falcon, and Bowser at this one.

There should be at least three Ikes this time....which is one more then last time. >_> 4th Texas Ike probably can't make it, no clue about the 5th one.

And I'm going to take a guess and say we will have......125 people this time. Last time we had about 100.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yeah, he's excited that I suck now because I did bad at Apex. So he wants to come redeem himself. I'm sure he'll come and drag up some of the WC again. :)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
ddd ICG?
wall ICG?
stalling?
tilt locks?
ledge grab limits?

would you address these?
If you do decide to limit infinites could you do it with a % instead? I think it would be much better because some characters do have better infinites than others.

I'm pretty sure some one from el paso is going to come in here and tell you to ignore me like every other time i try and discuss tournament rules but i really think it would be much more fair because 5 DK dtilts aren't the same as 5 MK dtilts. At least they shouldn't be :laugh:

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
So hopefully I'm going to get out to Gamelot tonight and discuss rules with the San Antonio Brawlers.

Expect a big update tonight to the rules and everything.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
****, if I've forgotten and neglected going to the recent Gamelot Tournaments, I don't think I should attend.

Ugh I hate myself and self-confidence. *Sits in front of Diddy Kong Forums and Brawl*
~Geoberos

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
****, if I've forgotten and neglected going to the recent Gamelot Tournaments, I don't think I should attend.

Ugh I hate myself and self-confidence. *Sits in front of Diddy Kong Forums and Brawl*
~Geoberos
You should anyways. There's lots of people and a lot of skill to be found.. If you want to get better you can learn from better players.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman

~Geoberos
We all know how discouraging tourneys can be. If you have enjoy playing Brawl, which you clearly do otherwise you wouldn't be on SWF, why not come? It's fun. And your deep voice makes me smile. ;)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
What's the BOWSER+ CHALLENGE IN B+? :dizzy:
In Melee, it's 3 bowsers on a team against the challenger on Fountain of Dreams. Team attack is OFF. The goal is to take as many stock as you can before being decimated.

I'm gonna assume Neko wants to do it on Battlefield (brawl)?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
BOWSER+ CHALLENGE SON. 1$ PER ATTEMPT. PERSON WITH THE MOST KOS AT THE END OF THE NIGHT GETS THE POT.

KGO. :o

Rules: 4 stocks, 1 vs 3 Bowsers. Humans only. Team Attack off. No Items/FS. WarioWare only.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
BOWSER+ CHALLENGE SON. 1$ PER ATTEMPT. PERSON WITH THE MOST KOS AT THE END OF THE NIGHT GETS THE POT.

KGO. :o

Rules: 4 stocks, 1 vs 3 Bowsers. Humans only. Team Attack off. No Items/FS. WarioWare only.
Well then, with this in mind, may all the Bowser playes please come forward?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Have you heard of the Ivysaur challenge?
Team attack off, Ivysaurs can use only bullet seed and Usmash and recovery.
I think you're supposed to be DK against 3 Ivysaurs, but when I did it, people tried DK, Ike, Ness, and Link (respective mains). My Ike tied the Ness for most KOs at 3.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I've heard of the Ivy Challenge, but this is tradition we're bringing back. <3

Plus, what's more menacing? 3 Low Tier Ivys? or 3 Balaned out Bowsers that hit like a rock. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom