• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FS6: Armageddon, San Antonio TX June 20th Partial Results thread up, see last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Put me on that sexy VIP list under Houston

so i need a place to sleep saturday night heh. i didnt really have one at whobo, lol

anyways, this is gonna be awesome

Suspect

Smash Hero
Kyle you should make pools before the tourny day (Like they did at LAST) and post them on here

saves time imo

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Kyle you should make pools before the tourny day (Like they did at LAST) and post them on here

saves time imo
That would require everyone posting here, no last second arrivals or cancelations, etc.

Besides, doing it at the tournament allows for more time to have friendly matches. And we're only doing singles on Saturday, we aren't really time crunched.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
.....just my $0.02

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Greens Greens is perfectly fine IMO. It's a nice CP stage thats small, blocks to stop camping, but are still destroy able, items that aren't game breaking and you know where they will spawn. The only iffy thing are the bomb blocks, which aren't that bad really. Pictochat, Pirate Ship, and Norfair have stronger hazards.

Suspect

Smash Hero
wtf? epsy not liking green greens?....lol ePSy

Delfino for neutral, take off PS1 that stage is so stupid and the ledges own everyone and encourage/help with planking

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Code:
Singles Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Wifi Waiting Room
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Frozen)
Wario Ware (Frozen with Larger Boundaries)

Singles Counter Pick:
Luigi's Mansion (Deadlands)
Delfino
Lylat
Halberd
Pictochat
Orpheon Frigate
Pirate ship
Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1
Onett
Norfair

Teams:
Switch Wario Ware and PS1 on random
FD Rule: During any form of stage banning, if a player bans FD, they have the option of banning WWR and vise-versa. The reason for this, as that FD and WWR are generally replicas of each other, so by only banning one, leaving the other open nulls the ban. This rule only counts as a single stage ban.

If you guys have any suggestions, let em flow.

DARE?

Smash Rookie
ill be coming to this.
so put me on first post (=
*is hyped*

Magik0722

Smash Champion
okay now that i can help out with, ill be a bowser in the bowser challenge for melee

also the majority of the rgv will be attending

Pax
Broly
Magik
shlike
shady
Andilex

Nike.

Smash Hero
San Antonio should house for this.

Oh wait, i forgot. xD

*waits for johns*

No really, theres prolly going to be 4-5 cars that wont have a place to stay. Somebody help out a car if possible.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If anything, Green Greens PROMOTES camping, as does Green Hill Zone, which is a ******** level already b/c of two walkoffs... and add to that the checkpoints and it's full of ******ry. I'm going of course, but those two levels should ALSO go.

I say this and I **** at Green Greens.

Dojo

Smash Champion
I 2nd PX on both of those levels for his exact reasons.

Lol one time Dphat tried to camp the checkpoints on Green Hill Zone on me. He actually managed to take a stock that match.

<3 D

Santi

Smash Lord
He doesn't know the matchup.

*waits for Zac who is the only person who knows this inside joke*

You can tell bluezaft I said that. smn.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Dojo+Santi: Lol does he ever know the matchup? Also, I haven't seen bluezaft in forever. Santi = best marth in TX now?

@PX: Agreed.

Green Greens should be banned. It's so unfair. If you don't know why here's a few reason why G&W can abuse it:

1) A single UpB through the blocks will refresh all of G&W's moves.
2) Blastzones are small, G&W kills at retardedly low percents. Fair kills MK at what... 40%... O.O
3) G&W can plank like no other on this stage; lots of options. He can also camp the middle of the stage with bacon while waiting for apples to fall and regain health.
4) I 3-stocked Dojo on this stage. It was my counterpick after Dojo 3-stocked me on FD. Stage advantage much?

Suspect

Smash Hero
Pokemon Stadium 1 should not be a neutral

1) stupid edges that also help some characters plank easily

2) The stage changes

3) Glitches where people can fall through it, happened to morningstar twice already

Might as well replace it with Delfino, or even put Castle Seige back on

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'm gonna probably take off Green Hill Zone. Not sure yet.

But Green Greens? Nah thats gonna stay. Lets face it, stages need to banned because they are unplayable, not because they're gay. The whole point of a counterpick is to give you an advantage.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm gonna probably take off Green Hill Zone. Not sure yet.

But Green Greens? Nah thats gonna stay. Lets face it, stages need to banned because they are unplayable, not because they're gay. The whole point of a counterpick is to give you an advantage.
It's pretty unplayable honestly. Counterpick stages shouldn't be auto-win for several characters. Not to mention it's generally banned everywhere.

And Green Hill Zone is horrible. Gameplay on that stage is so different it might as well not even be brawl.

The 5 starters are good, keep those.

Suspect you can just stage strike Stadium lol.

And Espy counterpicked Green Greens on me at Gamelot. That was his best stage and he's never lost on it in tournament before. I absolutly destroyed him with almost no practice on the stage by just abusing the stage because my character is amazing on it. There was litterally absolutly nothing he could do lol.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I can strike it but it can still be counter picked >_>

its happen to me before, yes people CP pokemon stadium

i much rather waste strikes on stages that are actually neutral lol

Thats also like saying "oh you can just ban green greens if its gay"

edit: while on that subject, what about trying out having 2 bans? Each person can ban 2 stages for counter pick

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
PS1 would be a counterpick if it wasn't a neutral, meaning they could still counterpick you, and you'd just be striking something else instead.

@Niddo - Jigglypuff dies to those checkpoints at like 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom