• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Portugal National Tournament

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
[COMPLETED! CHECK RESULTS HERE]​

Smash National Portuguese Tournament

Hi everyone!

Flayl and me want to organize an offline tournament this summer. The communities here in Portugal have been doing nothing but wi-fi tournaments, because of the lack of players and tournament activity. But this is about to change. Our time has come to emerge as a country! [/being dramatic]. We hope to gather 24-32 players, because it will a one hell of a day, eating, drinking and gaming. However it's a difficult project, which will require help from everyone. If players could, for example, bring their Wiis and T.V. sets, it could contribute greatly to the tournament's progress...​

[Information]

[Prizes (depends on the number of players)]

• 1st place: ?€ (70%)
  • 2nd place: ?€ (20%)
  • 3rd place: ?€ (10%)

[Rules]

General rules

• 3 Stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stalling/planking is banned.

Stage List

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Castle Siege
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokémon Stadium 1
  • Brinstar
  • Delfino
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Jungle Japes
  • Pictochat
  • Pirate Ship
  • Pokémon Stadium 2
  • Rainbow Cruise

Set Format

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

[Players (subject to change)]

[unconfirmed]

1. King Funk (Falco)
  2. Flayl (Bowser)
  3. Mr. Burned (Snake)
  4. Dazkarieh (Toon Link)
  5. BigLord (Captain Falcon)
  6. U. warrior (Toon Link)
  7. Chrno (???)
  8. Bounty Hunter (Samus)
  9. RackamPF (Pikachu)
  10. NGFC (various)
  11. Blue Lightning (Lucas)
  12. Pwner (Falco)
  13. Morph (Falco)
  14. Lomb|2iga (Mario)
  15. Bubaz (Pikachu)
  16. Itachipt (Pit)
  17. Dodompa (Marth)
  18. Muro (R.O.B.)
  19. Tiago Lima (???)
  20. Hroovitnir (???)
  21. Mika (Toon Link)
  22. NatP (Game and Watch)
  23. SpikeBolt (Pikachu)
  24. Golden Ike (Ike)
  25. ???
  26. BOB (???)
  27. Dura (???)
  28. ??? (???)
  29. Teyra (Link)
  30. Greward (Olimar)
  31. Lycosman (???)
  32. Kaze (Ike)

[Equipment List]

6 TVs:

Host - 1
Flayl - 2
NGFC - 2
NatP - 1

6 Wii + Wiimotes:

Flayl - 1 (HBC)
King Funk - 1 (HBC)
BigLord - 1
Mr. Burned - 1
NGFC - 1 (HBC)
NatP - 1
GoldenIke -1 (additional)

5 SSBB copies:

Flayl - 1 (w/ Brawl+)
King Funk - 1 (w/ Brawl+)
Mr. Burned - 1
NGFC - 1
BigLord - 1
GoldenIke - 1 (additional)

More details to be posted soon...

The discussion on the event is now open! ^^

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
We weren't allowed to post a MONEY tournament in their forum, so they threw the whole frickin' thread to the garbage. Can you believe that?

Well anyways, we are still looking out for 4 (or 12) players to complete our tournament attending. ^^

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I know someone that lives in Portugal that lives near Lisbon I thinks. His name is Teyra, a good Link player. I'll tell him.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
LOL I think you mean the only snake in portugal... Small country and no smashers, god**** PES land :p
Yeah... Well at least we hope to be able to show what our country (3 or 4 good players LOL) is made of. We will record the losers finals, winners finals and grand finals live on capture card. ^^

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Good to see european Brawl communitites stepping it up. I wish Vienna wasn't so far away from everything :(

If this is 100% confirmed I'll add a link in my tournament result/rankings thread.

:059:

Muro

Smash Lord
heck i didnt even knew there were tournaments around here xD i had to google it

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
heck i didnt even knew there were tournaments around here xD i had to google it
Wow... That's great, do you want to join? And also, are there other players you know who could potentially join this tournament?

There won't be many tournaments here, this one is actually the very first.

Are there any good melee players in Portugal?
It depends what you mean by good, but there must be like 2 or 3 only, although not pro level at all. If you want, we could record a few videos of us playing Melee, but I'm a progressist, and prefer to show vids of Brawl+. ^^

Flayl

Smash Hero
Technically it's not the first, but it is the first national one. The only other offline brawl tournament was in august last year :urg:

As for melee players I used to know one (never actually met him), he and his brother would probably be considered the best at the time along with a luigi. They placed top in the biggest melee event in Portugal, nintendo dreamers.

He went by Amatsu here on smashboards. Wish I could remember the name of the Yoshi (his brother) and the Luigi.

But that was like in 2006 and melee has pretty much died here.

Muro

Smash Lord
Wow... That's great, do you want to join? And also, are there other players you know who could potentially join this tournament?

There won't be many tournaments here, this one is actually is the very first.
I would like to join, but i wont say i go because theres still too much time before the tournament and i dont know if i'll be available at that time, when the time comes i'll think about that, also the place isn't decided yet and that will be a factor too cuz i dont have a car here (i am studying in fct-unl, i'm not from around here so i'll probably have to take several public transports to get to lisbon and then the actual location where the tourny is gonna take place), but we'll see.
I'm pretty recent in brawl, i dont have many friends who like to play the game and get good at it the way i do, so im pretty bad, my regular pvp partner doesnt even use shield lol, and i win my girlfriend most of the time i pick a random character so im not really improving, i do try to implement stuff i learn here at SWF into my game but as u can tell by now i cant say if im doing good or not, the tourny would be relly cool to help improve.

tl;dr when the time comes i'll decide if i can make it, and i'll ask my friend if he wants to go, but i doubt it.
still is good to know theres stuff going on and even if i dont go to this one i'll sure as hell try to go to the next ones. take care

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
I would like to join, but i wont say i go because theres still too much time before the tournament and i dont know if i'll be available at that time, when the time comes i'll think about that(...)
DO IT! Doesnt matter if you get *****, we just want to have a good time playing the game we love with other people.

And BTW, we'll (a friend and I) probably be able to give rides to people if they meet us at a specific place (I wont pick people up at their houses obviously but we can help ^^), but we'll see when the time comes.

Fazias bem em vir, acho q te ias divertir... Se n puderes, olha, fica pa proxima ^^

Muro

Smash Lord
DO IT! Doesnt matter if you get *****, we just want to have a good time playing the game we love with other people.

And BTW, we'll (a friend and I) probably be able to give rides to people if they meet us at a specific place (I wont pick people up at their houses obviously but we can help ^^), but we'll see when the time comes.

Fazias bem em vir, acho q te ias divertir... Se n puderes, olha, fica pa proxima ^^
the problem is not getting *****, thats pretty much a given lol, the problem is if i say i go and when the time comes im not available, and end up taking the place of someone who really wanted to go, that said i talked with my friend and he accepted it well, but for the reason mentioned above i'll not confirm it just yet, im inclined to say yes tho ;)

pt: nao vou dizer ja que sim pa dps n me cortar a ultima da hora e roubar o lugar a alguem que queira mm ir, mas pra ja tou inclinado para ir ate pk os torneios ca sao um bocado raros xD

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
the problem is not getting *****, thats pretty much a given lol, the problem is if i say i go and when the time comes im not available, and end up taking the place of someone who really wanted to go, that said i talked with my friend and he accepted it well, but for the reason mentioned above i'll not confirm it just yet, im inclined to say yes tho ;)

pt: nao vou dizer ja que sim pa dps n me cortar a ultima da hora e roubar o lugar a alguem que queira mm ir, mas pra ja tou inclinado para ir ate pk os torneios ca sao um bocado raros xD
I'll just mark you already, as an unconfirmed participant, ok?

Muro

Smash Lord
i play several characters, i try to play them equaly, those are rob, diddy, wario

Teyra

Smash Rookie
Portugal, the end of the world for smashers.
Wait, Willz thinks I'm a good Link player? I'm flattered. :laugh:
Eu adoraria ir, mas não sei se os meus pais me deixam, tenho de esperar pelas notas... >_>
Malditos pais controladores xD
Portanto, ponham-me aí como não confirmado, sff. Teyra - Link. Mas podem chamar-me Diogo. ^_^

Greward

Smash Lord
O.o it's nice to see Portugal's smash scene growing up. You could come to some spanish tourneys!
Maybe i'm coming to portugal for holydays on july, so if you do the tourney when im there ill come :p I dont know if u would let me, i dont speak portuguese and thats a national tourney D:

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Greward would **** everyone. gtfo their smash scene gre.
Well, don't underestimate us. I sure think (and hope) Mr. Burned (Lemon?), Flayl and me can represent a bit of a challenge for Greward. Other than us three, he probably would destroy everyone. :chuckle:

I'd love to play in the Spanish scene, but I need to find an opportunity for that. If you ever come to Portugal, you'll be welcome. :)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I was joking. Greward sucks. :laugh:
jkz again

Maybe your two Smash scenes should co-exist with each other and host big tourneys. Or something... Good luck anyway. :bee:

Flayl

Smash Hero
My brother can come too, his gaming alias is usually Morph. He likes playing with several characters but if he really had to pick only one it would be Falco.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
O.o it's nice to see Portugal's smash scene growing up. You could come to some spanish tourneys!
Maybe i'm coming to portugal for holydays on july, so if you do the tourney when im there ill come :p I dont know if u would let me, i dont speak portuguese and thats a national tourney D:
I just realised you said you COULD come to Portugal. But hey, definitely, you are completely welcome to participate. ^^ I'll add you as a possible participant. Is your main Olimar?

Top Bottom