• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Portugal National Tournament

Greward

Smash Lord
yes, its not sure that ill assist, it depends if i finally come to portugal on holydays and if the tourney is hosted when im there :p
Right, I main olimar.

Muro

Smash Lord
I have a question, in the rules it's written that stalling/planking is banned, how will it be enforced?

Flayl

Smash Hero
The rules are copy-pasted, so not much thought was put into it. No portuguese we know so far stalls or planks.

I'm not so sure if planking is really that broken, but if we do end up agreeing that it is necessary we will use a 50 ledge grab limit.

Stalling on the other hand, like Jigglypuff below the level or something will be dealt on the spot by judges. If somebody starts to stall against you call a judge.

Muro

Smash Lord
yeah I'm not too fond of planking myself, but it should be in the rules just so ppl dont complain when they get called on it

Muro

Smash Lord
ok I've checked my exam schedule and my last exam is day 16, you can confirm me now ;)

NatP

Smash Ace
So, let me get this straight: this is a PORTUGUESE brawl tourney, in which we will play other games (including brawl+ and melee)... DANG.

And yeah, sign me up. I'm almost certainly going here. I'm going g&w and dk btw. ;)

Oh yeah, is this is gonna last one day or more? Cuz I don't think that one day will be enough to satisfy my offline brawl hunger. :p

YEAH, do you want me to bring any stuff? Like controllers, my wii or something?

Flayl

Smash Hero
It's 1 day, and bringing your own controller is mandatory.

If you are absolutely sure you can bring your wii, please let us know.

We also need TVs.

NatP

Smash Ace
Hmm I guess I can bring a melee copy (with a MC with everything) and my wii. Oh yeah, and brawl. Duno about TV tho. :/ I'll have to see if I have a spare TV. But if I do find a spare, it's gna be small lol, is that ok?

BTW, porque é que não estamos a falar português? Em Portugal, fala-se português. ;)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Brawl já não é preciso trazer, mas a wii + wiimote seria uma ajuda enorme. Vou contar contigo para isso :)

Quando dizes pequeno, que tamanho é que te referes? A televisão que eu vou levar é 20''.

NatP

Smash Ace
Eu posso trazer wiimote, mas não vou puder levar pilhas. :/

E eu tenho uma televisão a mais(que não é pequena, mas também não é muito grande), mas ela está um pouco estragada. Mas dá para jogar brawl e melee perfeitamente.

NatP

Smash Ace
Hey, I think that we should consider playing another game for the fun activities: SSB64. I can bring my old, dusty N64 if you want. =D

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Hey, I think that we should consider playing another game for the fun activities: SSB64. I can bring my old, dusty N64 if you want. =D
WOW seriously?!

I'm a total pro with Captain Falcon in 64 (Isai combo learner)... on emulator... >_>

I'd love the play the real thing once again!

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Important news:

• The location we initially thought of using for the tournament is not available anymore. We appreciate any kind of help in our search for another viable place.
  • The tournament will happen the 26th of July and not the 19th.
  • The number of players possibly entering the tournament has been expanded from 24 to 36.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
So how much Melee is going to happen here? I might actually be 1 hour from Lissabon at that date, and I want to see Lissabon, and I speak Portuguese (do Brazil), BUT I don't like Brawl at all. Oh and I also play SSB64 a lot on emulator, so I might even come for only this game.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
So how much Melee is going to happen here? I might actually be 1 hour from Lissabon at that date, and I want to see Lissabon, and I speak Portuguese (do Brazil), BUT I don't like Brawl at all. Oh and I also play SSB64 a lot on emulator, so I might even come for only this game.
If we have 6 TV's and all the equipment we need, and if the Brawl tournament's progress is quick and efficient, it should only last for around 2 to 3 hours. We will have 8-10 hours in all, which means we should have lots of time to play SSBM, SSB64 and B+. :)

I'm not sure about organizing a Melee tournament, because we don't have enough good Melee players, and I don't want to raise the entry fee any more. It's only our first offline tournament here in Portugal, and I believe we should start out nice and calm. ^^

EDIT: You play on emulator (me too)? With keyboard or joy/controller?

Muro

Smash Lord
ok agora que a localizaçao esta confirmada, vai mais alguem da margem sul ou sou so eu? xD

e verdade, torneio de equipas ta fora de questao?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Só temos fundos o suficiente para um torneio premiado. No entanto, se houver gente suficiente interessada, podemos fazer um mini-torneio de equipas.

NatP

Smash Ace
Olha, eu afinal não tenho a certeza se vou conseguir vir. Meu pai quer ver as minhas notas primeiro. x.x Portanto ponham-me como talvez. Eu dia 24(junho) fala convosco.

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
Continua a ser 5 euros o preço de entrada? N é preciso pagar pra alugar o espaço q vamos usar ou assim? Um mini torneio de equipas parece-me bem ^^ mas sem premio em dinheiro

NatP

Smash Ace
Tive a ter uma longa conversa com o meu pai, e consegui convence-los. Portanto, EU VOU! E levo comigo uma wii e uma TV. Ah, e a nintendo 64. ;o

Ah, e eu também acho que nós deviamos gravar todos os combates que nós fizermos. E pomos tudo no youtube. Para as pessoas verem como os portuguese brawlam. ;)

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Tive a ter uma longa conversa com o meu pai, e consegui convence-los. Portanto, EU VOU! E levo comigo uma wii e uma TV. Ah, e a nintendo 64. ;o

Ah, e eu também acho que nós deviamos gravar todos os combates que nós fizermos. E pomos tudo no youtube. Para as pessoas verem como os portuguese brawlam. ;)
I think we might only record the winners' finals, losers' finals and grand finals because of the lack of material. If we had six capture cards, we could record the whole tourney, but as far as I'm concerned we only have two right now.

NatP

Smash Ace
Dang... We gotta get more capture cards then lol. Nah, it's ok if we don't have enough capture cards. But we stil have to record the melee and brawl+ matches. Just for the lulz. ;o

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Dang... We gotta get more capture cards then lol. Nah, it's ok if we don't have enough capture cards. But we stil have to record the melee and brawl+ matches. Just for the lulz. ;o
If we suck at Melee, I don't want to give a bad image of Portugal, but Brawl+ is a definite candidate for capture cards. Brawl+ isn't very hard to play, and it isn't very hard to get either. You should all try and get it beforehand.

SpikeBolt

Smash Cadet
I'm a total noob on brawl but this seems a good opportunity to improve my gaming. Sign me in. I play as Pikachu :)

Muro convinced me to come :p

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I'm a total noob on brawl but this seems a good opportunity to improve my gaming. Sign me in. I play as Pikachu :)

Muro convinced me to come :p
Welcome to smashboards, mate. ^^

Explore the site, as it will already help you in many ways to improve your general skills, that way you can prepare yourself better for the tournament. :chuckle:

SpikeBolt

Smash Cadet
Yep yep. I've been following the Pikachu section for a while. Great guides over there.

**** exams :p

Flayl

Smash Hero

SpikeBolt

Smash Cadet
É viavel sim, basta ter uma extensão apropriada para o efeito. São 5-10€ cada numa comum worten

NatP

Smash Ace
Well, I got some awful news... My wii stop reading any discs. Yes, I bought the cleaner and I did lots of other things to try to get it to work. It just doesn't work anymore... Well, I'll keep you guys updated on this whole situation.. x.x

Muro

Smash Lord
because you wont need the cd i think, im not sure i dont have homebrew myself

NatP

Smash Ace
OK guys, turns out my wii still has warranty woooo! But there's a HUGE problem: thanks to this problem I have, I can't save my brawl data(replays, images). And this is awful because I have over 270 replays and they're all awesome. Isn't there a way to get my brawl data onto my sd card? I'll do anything! Please, someone help me, I'm desperate. x.x

Top Bottom