• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Digital Mayhem summer series brawl/melee may 16 (UnknownForce RETURNS!)

noodles

Smash Champion
Will be held at Digital Mayhem, a LAN center:

892 North Colony Rd.
Wallingford, CT

It's in a plaza right next to a Burger King for reference.

Venue Fee (mandatory): $5
1v1: $10
2v2: $10/person 20/team

Prizes:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Registration 11 am - ?. DOORS OPEN AT 11, so please don't bother coming earlier. Registration will end at a reasonable time after most people in the building have registered around 12-12:30, as always. Please make sure to come at a reasonable time if you want to register for doubles. Doubles will be first followed by a food break followed by singles.

BRAWL SINGLES AND DOUBLES RULES

Singles
3 Stock
8 Minute Time Limit
No Items
No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit (running out minimal time is one thing, multiple minutes is just ridiculous)
If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You cannot quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that cannot be used in counterpicks.
Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

Opponents choose their characters for the first match*
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
The winner of the previous match chooses their character
The loser of the previous match chooses their character
Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:

Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium(Melee)
Any infinite chain grabs must end after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
Doubles

Same standard rules and stages as singles.

Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
Stock sharing is allowed.
Team Attack is on.
Crews
Each crew will have 20 stocks.
Each crew must be composed of 4 or 5 players.
In a 4 player crew, each player has 5 stocks. In a 5 player crew, each player has 4 stocks.
Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville
Counterpick Stages: Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Brinstar, Battleship Halberd, Frigate Orpheon
At the beginning of the crew battle, each crew will select their starting player without knowledge of the other crew's starter. The first match will be on a random neutral stage.
At the start of every match, each player must suicide down to the amount of stocks they are supposed to have. If neither player needs to suicide at the beginning, they may start right away without waiting.
When a match is over, the winner stays and carries their stocks over to the next game. The loosing team chooses their next player and they have a choice of a random neutral stage, or a counterpick. If a counterpick stage is chosen, the defending player may change their character. If a random neutral is chosen, they may not switch their character.

MELEE RULES

Bring your own controllers
All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
Items are off.
If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
Wobbling is not allowed and results in an immediate loss of that match.
You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.
Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.
Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.

Singles neutral stages:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Singles counterpick stages:

Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Mute City
Brinstar
DK64
PokeFloats

Doubles neutral stages:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick Rules

First round: blind character pick, each player bans any stage if need be (which sticks for the entire set), and a random stage (from neutral set) is chosen. No reset on random is allowed.

Following rounds: Loser chooses a stage, winner chooses character, looser chooses character.

You cannot choose a stage you have already won on, and no stage can be played twice in a row.

apex ruleset

noodles

Smash Champion
brawl gets priority this time around
after brawl we'll run melee singles
next tournament it'll be the opposite

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Replace Brawl with Brawl+ and now we're talking!

Brawl+ seems like the only tournaments I want to attend at this point LOL.
-DD

bolt.

Smash Ace
I should be able to make it, I would just end up watching brawl waiting for melee though. I NEED to get into the competitive scene though, so this is perfect.

noodles

Smash Champion
ill probably be entering melee too. we need alot of friendlies since i havent been able to play you yet >.<

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Brawl+ seems like the only tournaments I want to attend at this point LOL.
-DD
I thought you said you liked Melee more than Brawl + and that you were going to start playing Melee again after your surgery? Also, a minority of the community plays Brawl + seriously/cares about being good at it so I doubt there will be a high number of Brawl + tournaments. It' a fun game, but not too many people take it seriously.

and I can definitely attend this. This will probably be one of the last tournaments I enter for a long time due to how busy I will be during the summer with traveling. I MIGHT host a LLHS during the summer...but its highly doubtful.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
so this is brawl singles/melee singles?

or brawl this tourny melee next one.

noodles

Smash Champion
brawl doubles/singles melee singles 3rd event.

nextime melee singles/doubles and brawl 3rd event

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This sounds interesting, I think I'll go to this one if I get my check by friday. if I bring a set up, Does the entry fee not apply? Just wanna make sure. I will still bring one reguardless.

noodles

Smash Champion
the fee would still be there probably

this might not happen though

peach dittos on the stream were amazing

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Alright then. Think I might head up to the tourny in N.J then.
And yea, that Peach ditto was beast.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Noodles. Call me.

People, Bring Wii's + Brawl + Melee.

I can run this **** as long as I can find the gas to get down there.

The Ma tourney got cancelled. So this thing just got whole couple more people showing for Brawl.

EDIT: Check with Icy if he wants to fill in to run, or call me, rather, 413-455-5385
(

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
God**** you guys are impatient lol. Digital Mayhem already?

Swiss' Game Zone tourney is also this Saturday, and I figured everyone would go to Game Zone now since Almos3 got postponed. BUT I JUST FOUND THIS THREAD! And if Swiss knows about this tournament he'll still be stubborn and allow people ONLY FROM RI to go to Game Zone (to find out who the best in RI is... but since MELITO isn't even going anymore than... LOL).

That said, I'll try to attend this but I would want to know who exactly is going, especially Green Ace since he was my ride last time. Fatal? NY kids?

Green Ace not going, who wants to car pool me?!?!?!?!?!?

noodles

Smash Champion
ace i talked to icy he said he'll talk to you

lol at RI trying to figure out who the best of their state is >_<

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
ace i talked to icy he said he'll talk to you

lol at RI trying to figure out who the best of their state is >_<
Noodles, in quote...

"This is going to be a tournament for RI PEOPLE ONLY....im sorry MA,CT,etc but RI people need this to show how good we are and whos better than who."

Suit yourself we'll all be in CT xD

Seriously someone car pool me. ****it Green Ace

TeeVee

Smash Lord
this is the day after my prom....

hungoverprejohns

nah seriously, i really dont care who shows up this time; im gettting top 2 in singles and doubles so who wants to partner

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i'm 95% certain me and kevin will be going to this, as well as scrub. i think hinkage will be going if i end up going if he is allowed to go ( ..... ) I will talk to ace when he's back on AIM about which of us will be hosting this for noodles. As of now either way it's going to be hosted, so be ready for it!

oh and teevee we should actually play this time, we haven't gotten to play singles since like cat fights tourney when we had that epic match when we both sucked lawl

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I just got back. Assume Icy is running this, since he's way more garunteed than I am. Since I have to make sure I have the gas(not sure how I'll even enter)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey lets all bash RI kids because in another thread so they can't defend themselves.

Classy.

Look I'm not a brawl player, nor do I care what RI happens to do with their ****ty brawl scene, lets face it the only people that are going to be even somewhat decent at this game, are the Melee players and Melito.

But I do not tolerate seeing you guys trash talk a state because they want to run one tournament in a different way.

Grow up, sorry you can't come down and take your easy money from them again but bashing a tournament host is stupid.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
If that's implied to me Kevin then you're taking this the wrong way.

I'm not bashing anyone, the host can do whatever he wants but it's disappointing that he won't let MA/CT/etc in his tournament, especially since the tournament in Chelmsford was postponed.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
it doesnt really matter though since everyone who was going to almos should just come to this now

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If that's implied to me Kevin then you're taking this the wrong way.

I'm not bashing anyone, the host can do whatever he wants but it's disappointing that he won't let MA/CT/etc in his tournament, especially since the tournament in Chelmsford was postponed.
Yeah but to continue to complain about his decision, and to have people like Fatal say "I'm going to come anyways, I'll play where I want" is disrespectful and I flat out don't like it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
this is the day after my prom....

hungoverprejohns

nah seriously, i really dont care who shows up this time; im gettting top 2 in singles and doubles so who wants to partner
Dude, If this tourny happens, Peach and ROB again?

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Yea, looks like Icy and I are going to this fo sho, since Almo's was postponed. Nice CP list, thanks for fixing. But make sure you add no planking/60-70 edgegrab rule and no standing infinites. Just in case anyone tries to gay matches.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
dark pch try to get new york to come ^_^ either me or ace is hosting if noodles can't make it, so it's definately going to happen

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I want to be sure this is gonna happen, cause if this does not happen, I am going to N.J

So I want it to be 100% sure that this tournament is gonna happen.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Alright, Darkypoo. Here's whats going down.

Noodles can't make it.

So I'm heading down to run things, and I'm gunna pick up Icy on my way. I'm not sure if I'll actually have the cash to enter so I'm just naming myself Defacto TO. But it'll be me and Icy. Oh and if you try to get New York to come let Basic and Black know that I'm seeding this, and Cheese isn't. Kay?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
How about this, you can get me a ride from the train station and I'll try to get these boys to this. They will be traveling with me.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Ergh... That's tougher for me. Since I'll already have three people in my car including myself and gas is a huge problem for me. Kevin or TeeVee any chance either of you think you could help out Dark and Some New York peeps.

Also, Dark. You get alot of **** for being emo and not taking your losses well and ****. But after Apex, I think people are finally gunna stop giving you that ****. You seem like you've turned your **** around somewhat. Maybe it was just having that awesome set with KOS-MOS or the overall atmosphere of Apex(everyone seemed to love it) but good **** sir. Good ****.

Also, help me learn the Diddy/Peach match up at this?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Think that tournament killed the emo in me. Also could be cause I made this post:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7369249&postcount=358

Playing Kos-Mos was the best Match of my life. And I was actually playing Peach on point that tourny. I really don't care to much about me losing at apex.

Like Icylight beat me Peach a few times and he was camping like fawk. It annoyed me but i did not really care. He did what he had to do. My mistake? Not get so annoyed and think things through and I then could have won the friendlies. so it's really nothing. Just need to correct that problem.

But I think I play play Much better now. apex I say was a lil training session. Next tournament, oh you best to believe I am dishing out azz kickings with Peach. let it be known.

Top Bottom