• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL presents BI4C June 20th a melee event! W/ Brawl Singles and possibly doubles!!!

RAM

Smash Lord
BRAWL IS 4 CHUMPS!!!!!!

Finally got the real thread up, for the many ppl who don't know who I am allow me to introduce myself. I'm RAM and I've been away from the boards for a long time. but who cares about that. this tourney is going to be awesome and something u should'nt miss. and to all of the Brawl players don't take offense to the name of the tourney it's just for fun and will even have a Brawl singles and possibly doubles tourney for the day so try to make it. ^_^

Date

The Date we were originally shooting for was the 27th but the location that we're holding it at will have their own event going on that day so we've taken the 20th of June before that was taken as well ( Sorry Ruse :( )

The location of the tourney have over 15 TV's already so we'll need more cubes and Wii's mostly. Below is the address and Email of Home Field Sports and Games with a phone number. I'll also post a link to the website where u can see the room we'll have the opportunity of using
( the tables will most likely be moved around for extra space )

First one to find Myself, Drumma Boi and Rice in the bottom pic will get a box of Zebra cakes :chuckle: http://www.homefieldcards.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=8&chapter=0

Home Field Sports & Games
620 N New Warrington Rd
Pensacola, FL 32506

Phone: (850) 458-1972
Email: Homefielda@aol.com

Entry Fees

As mentioned this tourney's main event will be Melee.

A 5 dollar door fee will be used to give to the owner Greg for letting us use his wonderful store for our private tourney!!!

Melee Singles 15 $
Melee Doubles 20 $ ( 10 per a player )

Brawl Singles 10 $
Brawl Doubles 20 $ ( If enough interest )

Housing

I myself have ample room for housing and don't have a problem housing as many as I can ( priority will go to the ones traveling from the greatest distance but I don't see housing as a problem ) Drumma Boi will also be housing as well here are our numbers and AIM info if you have any questions.

RAM - 850-565-0595 ( AIM: RAM7337 )
Drumma - 850-699-0669 ( AIM: DrummerdudeEG )

Schedule

Registration starts at 10 for Brawl singles ( and Doubles if they take place ) If Doubles do indeed happen they will start at 11:00 sharp!!!!!! Brawl singles will take place after doubles. After all of the Brawl events have concluded a 1 hour lunch break will be given and Melee sign ups will begin as well!!!!

After the lunch period, sign ups for melee will end in 30 mins and then melee will begin ASAP!

After Melee doubles you guessed it Singles will begin. If enough entrants are present pools will be played. depending on the number of entrants, afterwards a Bracket will be made depending on seeds using the good ol double elimination scenario.

Melee Rules

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will achoose their stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is BANNED!!!!
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed. ( of course )

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Green Greens
- Corneria
- Termina Bay ( Doubles only )

Brawl Rules

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 70 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Couterpicks:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl

Ruse

Fox
I'm down. I'll enter Brawl doubles, singles, and possibly Melee singles.

One Wii, Gamecube, copy of Brawl, copy of Melee (with a memory card), powerstrip, and recording device (laptop).

Edit: Only reason I was rooting for the 27th is because there's a Gigs on the 20th (it's Brawl, but still). Whatevs.

RAM

Smash Lord
Not really sure why but the Pre Reg list disappeared.

1.) RAM
2.) Drumma Boi
3.) Rice
4.) Boomstick
5.) Ryet
6.) Ragnarock
7.) Ruse
8.) Skaterbaj
9.) Mankosuki
10.) Desu
11.) Dred Gnaw
12.) Micheal
13.) Kevin
14.) Je
15.) The Alpha Gundam
16.) B awl

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
is this worth putting in the tournament listings?
melee kinda pricey ehh?? im not entering that.. lets go brawl people show up to this :p
o and ruse doesnt run melee as a side event. its just brawl/melee :p
(cant make it to gigs then come to this :p)

RAM

Smash Lord
My bad John I asked David but he did'nt anwser me even thou he was in my kitchen. >_>

Melee is the main event so we're trying to get a hugh pay out so more melee peeps will attend.

BTW John look at the times I have and let me know what ya think?

PPL START POSTING NAO!!!!!!!!!

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Im not sure if we need a whole hour for lunch break ya know? I like the sched so far. We could start sign ups at 10 when the store opens so it gives more time for people in case anyone gets lost or is running late. I sent a rough schedule to Greg at homefield that he liked I sent the email to david on aim. (trey was the one I was talking to so ask him) I am not sure if u ever got to see the email I sent him, but yea I asked them to pass it on to you.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Alright brawlers xD..o Btw me and ruse are placing top 5 in brawl singles get at us :p

Desu ur gonna enter brawl right? bring more GA brawlers(im coming up there in the fall)

Dred_Gnaw

Smash Rookie
woops forgot to mention, everyone in my Brigade could bring a wii + gamecube + games for Brawl and Melle + and also 2 controllers each or more.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
word man ill talk to Greg at homefield and see how many wii's and gamecubes they have and then we can find out how many more we need. They have 30 tv's total so yea lets try to fill up them all with set ups.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
wheres our TN, Miss, GA, and LA brothers at??? You guys all said u would come if we had a tourney.

Also guys home field said they don't care which day, so lemme see some votes from oos peeps which day will help with their definite attendance.

20th or 27th???

B_AWAL

Smash Master
1.) Looks like I finally get to fight against my ROLE MODEL from Melee. Rice told me all about Ram!!! We MUST HAVE FRIENDLIES (Luigi Ditto'z 4dawin!!!)

2.) Nice 2 see Ruse has grow some ballz ;-p J/K but I'm startin 2 miss my Pcola budz

3.) I'll see who in Tally wants to come alongside people from JAX and Orlando

I know I wanna come(but I have no car)

Gmoney wud B down from Jax so i'll see who he comin w/
Green Mario will prob B in SFL
but I'd b comin w/ DBS, and JSSN if anything. I'l look up info ASAP

ragnarock

Smash Lord
put me down for a a wii and a copy of melee, and a guys named Reshaid and Ben are going to enter for melee. LKP1 and J. Ru supposed to come, but i don't know if there going to enter.

Seterian

Smash Cadet
Ehh...sure I'll go. I need to practice for a bit and quit playing Guitar Hero and Dynasty Warriors >_> and I just need to make sure that I don't get my car taken away again x.x

I'll see if Nastytime wants to go as well.

Ruse

Fox
Uh oh, Panama City is comin'.

Manko said he's mostly likely going to show (duh), and will team with me.

Brawl Doubles is soooo happening :dedede:.

AznHalfCaucasian

Smash Journeyman
Hey RAM, hows it going? This is David, not Rice or Boomstick. Don't know if you remember me lol. But Drumma(Johns) told me about this thread and I might attend, if I'm not busy with work. Well just letting you know.

-Peace

RAM

Smash Lord
Of course I remember u Dave my Bed double bit you!!!!

Well I see much love for Brawl which is fine and I'm going to try hard in it but where mah Melee legends at?!

I don't have a AIB account Skater, I don't even know what that is. XP

I"M A ROLE MODEL!!?? Well I b ****ed!!!! ^_^

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Yea so I called Iori. he said no go on coming cause he has already taken off too many days from work. I am going to try jack and chad tomorrow or soon. then ima start buggin lee cyphus taylor and kenny to come. after tem ga is on my list and then good ol miss.

Melee will reign.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Brawl side tourney might put Melee to shame :lick:.

Somebody get Louisiana in on this.
By attendance, then yeah i would not be surprised if more peeps show up for brawl.
If by sheer excitement or entertainment, not even close:lick:
I'm still coming National Football League or NFL XD

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Jx31 are yyou really in Albany,Ga..Im going to Darton in the fall!

Alpha im glad to here u coming are u gonna bring kismet?

RAM

Smash Lord
The pre reg did disappear. I'm not really sure why I'll just edit my second post on the 1st page.

ALPAH!!!!!!!!! U better get Gerbil to come to this. and talk to Chadddd and Wes. and everyone in GA!!!

good plan on talking to everyone John.

For some reason I try to edit for a pre-reg list it won't register it as if nothing happend. Can anyone explain?

Top Bottom