• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL presents BI4C June 20th a melee event! W/ Brawl Singles and possibly doubles!!!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Shud B. I'm just not sure who all is comin w/ me. I gotta show Rice Sempai how much I've improved in Melee as well as do my best to show why Sonic is Steak tier. Plus I wanna fight RAM, more roll model.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I love the Panhandlers.

We should all go have another gay photo shoot get burger king together like we did last time we got together.

GOOD ****ING TIMES. :laugh:

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
hey guys that pic is not "homo" it is just some guy smashers having a bunch of fun times together..... lots of "fun times"

also for all you locals around the area greg at homefield told me that he will be featuring our tournament in their commercial on the fox television station and all stations owned by fox. thats right guys we have a commercial for our tournament. also hell yea that first page at homefield.com is sexy talking bout our tournament.

p.s. I think we are all very lucky I wore underwear the day we took those pictures in georgia ;)

Ruse

Fox
Maybe we can actually bring in local scrubs if Homefield is promoting it that crazily.

Gold medal.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
Ice Climbers!!!!!!!!!!

True. You should unban wobbling. I OD'd on dash attack trying to get you into a grab right after and it still didn't work. Just don't get grabbed. It's that simple.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
......anyone in here ever played another fighter on a competitive level?? If so then you know that grabbing isnt almost ever a major part of any other fighter besides smash games. People start combos from grabs and win. For god sakes IC's not only have a shield grab like everyone else into the game but they have 2 shields and 2 shield grabs........ yea wobbling is banned unless we can enforce a new rule

the gentlemen's rule for IC players. (a 2 part rule)

part 1
If you dont want to get punched in the face or gay **** to happen to you like people slapping your controller out of your hand or someone pausing to mess up your wobble then dont wobble.....

part 2
If anyone takes the IC player to rainbow cruise or pokefloats or brinstar then they can wobble.

I think that little rule set would also be fair.

rice

Smash Journeyman
im not sure how we should enforce it. But in teams, if we allow it, then we should allow it in singles. In any case, if ICs get taken to a gay stage, i think it's fair for them to be able to wobble. I've seen players generally worse than their opponent and still win because of wobbling... ken vs. wobbles >_>
I'm not saying wobbles was bad or anything, But it was Ken, and it was a while back. I'm personally not a fan of wobbling. But, i think it should be allowed on a gay c.pick stage. Ic's should just learn other chain-grabs >_>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boZIoy7__Og - What.. the.. feck lol...
stocks 2-4 got taken away. from one grab.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
wobbiling is the most unfair infinte ever accidently created in a video game. Unbanning that will be bull****. Everyone on this thread has been wobbolled at least once. When you get caught in it thats in. NO button tapping, on DI, NO sh*T. And its not that ****ing hard to do, its easy *ss F***. Hell, i know how to wobble, if you unban it, i might as well play with the ICs.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
It doesn't break the game at all. Bad IC players, even decent ones, should win with ease but it doesn't happen. Bad IC players aren't just using this technique and winning tourneys. Also, tourney results haven't changed drastically at all because of wobbling. I understand that you guys don't like it. You can definitely work around being wobbled if you're smart. You guys should be trying to overcome it rather than say it's too powerful right away. Whenever wobbling's allowed, there are only 1 or 2 players that use it anyway. There just isn't any evidence of it being broken, besides vids of players playing badly and hopping right into the IC grab range.

About the shield grabbing thing, you can space so they can't shield grab you. It's not like they have marth grab range. You also have characters like fox and falco with shine. If you l cancel IC's cant grab you.

Hai rice. It was Ken's fault for getting grabbed those times. Blame Ken for losing.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Im sorry its just seems so silly to say you arent allowed to use a move in a game cause its too good. Lets ban falco's down air too then. Wobbling is not a glitch or something cheap, its a chain grab. All of you who say that its easy to wobble I am willing to bet couldnt even pull it off in tournament and if you can like you say then play icies and win.

The smash back room has cleared it as a legitimate move. Your gentleman's rule should really be an agreement not to take the ice climbers to gay stages if the ice climbers dont wobble like the agreement between mew2king and chudat. But something like that isn't even necessary. Just don't get grabbed like holy said.

A wobbling debate is distasteful in this thread as I don't think there are many ice climbers players at all attending this tournament but it irks me that wobbling is still being banned. If its not unbanned I won't really care though.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
look here alpha **** YOU!!!! If you avenge rice I will be coming for you for my vengence for him!!!! :mad:

Also holy bro it was Ken..... he was the best in the world at that moment he lost to wobbles.... dude seriously. Wobbling is really dumb

The only reason it isnt breaking the game is because people would break your face if you tryed to wobble them every round to win a tourney.

IC's have a decent grab range. no it isnt marth but **** man they are pretty up there in range. Also they have a fast as **** wave dash out of shield.

Also @ holy - yea some characters can space away from a shield grab i.e. marth, but others like fox and falco have to be close as **** and with IC's 2 shields the space animals dont touch the ground to lcancel much less shine before they get grabbed if you didnt know that.

Also if people were so dumb not to just space all IC's have to do to stop spacing is light shield their attack will slide them away then they can wave dash in and grab. DUMB!

Wobbling isnt a single move. Ballistics dude no one is banning moves lol. Basically all I would do is grab you then spam A. Even tho I am spamming one button over and over til I feel like killing you it isnt a single move. It is a chain grab / infinite / glitch.

So beyond the fact that MY OPINION is that wobbling is unfair and gay I think we should legalize it but only if someone takes the IC player to a gay stage like rainbow cruise, brinstar, or pokefloats. Other than that No wobbling.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
Pay more attention to that video. Good example of Ken playing bad. First of all you can't say Wobbles is dumb because: #1 He isn't and #2 He was able to take the first stock of the game without wobbling. The first time Ken was grabbed was sad. He jumped right into Wobbles without attacking or anything. It looked like he wanted to be grabbed. The second time could've have been mashed out super easily. Ken was grabbed at like 9%. Tell me you can't mash out at that percent... And the last time he was wobbled could've also been mashed out of with good mashing. During Ken's last stocks, he wasn't playing smart at all. He could've spaced better and kill nana when he had the chance. So again, don't blame wobbling but blame Ken for not playing well.

Also ICs do not have a decent grab range. Out of 26 they rank 17 on grabbing range according to m2k.

On fox and falco having to be super close, I don't really understand what you were trying to say. Shine is super stupid fast. You can pretty much not get grabbed if you don't mess up. But if you can get grabbed like that, you can still handle ICs pretty easily with a number of things.

It's also not that easy to just light shield and wavedash to grab. I mean wouldn't you do an aerial, lcancel it, then do another move instead of doing an lcanceld aerial and just standing there to be grabbed?

I know it's your opinion that its gay and your entitled to it. But there’s no evidence for it being broken and “bannable”.

rice

Smash Journeyman
sorry, its just my opinion, where you shouldn't lose to a single grab. I wouldn't mind if everyone had infinites, or if i could easily life combo you the same way every life (smash 64 ^_^). A guaranteed kill from one move, isn't quite fair. Especially since IC's are fast, half the time when i attack them, i don't even get to touch the floor to L-cancel.

@ holy, although wobbling hasn't won any major tourney, there are still people that lose to that ****, in-between. And no, grabbing with ICs isn't that hard. \
The first grab that wobbles got, he was invincible, so no point in attacking, and, he probably didn't know wobbling was coming. The 2nd grab, he got tricked into, i don't know the percentages of wobbling so oh well. And the 3rd, i don't think he could have done anything, he was above the 30% mark. So it was guaranteed. Although you say he was playing bad. It is still ken, who was the best in the world at the time. Losing to a single grab. Who, which in this case was in the lead before it happened. So Ken, who you said was playing bad, was winning.. hmm..

and yes, im aware that there probably won't be any IC players here, since sadly, holy won't be here :(.
But, this is how i want it.

@derek, of course you'd be fine with wobbling, you play smash64 lol...,

ragnarock

Smash Lord
IMa try to bring nes noob if i can, i gave him my number. But i still havent heard from him yet.

RAM

Smash Lord
wobbiling is the most unfair infinte ever accidently created in a video game. Unbanning that will be bull****. Everyone on this thread has been wobbolled at least once. When you get caught in it thats in. NO button tapping, on DI, NO sh*T. And its not that ****ing hard to do, its easy *ss F***. Hell, i know how to wobble, if you unban it, i might as well play with the ICs.
Speak for yourself I've never been wobbled ROFL. IC"s are my best match up!!

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
ALPHA NOOOOOOO!!!

if we pushed it back a week could u come alpha or nis it not even worth trying to put togeather??

also if someone wobbles ram successfully at this tournament and wins the set because of it I will give them $10

sorry ryan but everyone needs to have a taste ;)

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
ALPHA NOOOOOOO!!!

if we pushed it back a week could u come alpha or nis it not even worth trying to put togeather??

also if someone wobbles ram successfully at this tournament and wins the set because of it I will give them $10

sorry ryan but everyone needs to have a taste ;)
its possible but someone in GA would have to drive me cause i wont be able to drive for 2 weeks after the surgery

Top Bottom