• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legit Toon Link Rankings =3 (List UP !!)

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I got this idea from those darn diddys. I'm going to make a Toon Link power ranking.

What I hope to accomplish from this:
A friendly competition to be the best Toon Link. Even if you dont want to be the best, competition is what drives us to be better.I know it did for me. We all love it, thats the main reason most of us play this game.

What I dont want from this:
For us Toon Links to "break up". We are a tight community and we usually have no problem with helping eachother. Even the secretive Jash spreads his words of wisdom every now and then.

I will make a Social Group with people I have selected to be knowledgeable about TL's game and can make an accurate, non biased, decision on our best players. The way the ranking will be decided like, so..

(The following has been pretty much all copied from the awesome ADHD.. hopefully you dont mind =] )
I will have everyone submit their top Toon Links (in order from 1-5). I will then sum everyone's points based on their list (1st=5 points, 2nd=4 points, 3rd=3 points, & so forth) and divide by the number of lists submitted.After positions 1-5 are settled I will move onto positions 6-10. I might also do Honorable Mentions. After the panel is finished, hopefully Mr. Chip can sticky this thread for us.

The judging panel will be: (if they accept)
- The Jerm <3
- Quivo
- TLMSheikant
- Chip
- Jash
- Santi
- Lobos
- Hyrulian Royalty

What I would like you guys to do is submit some players that you guys might think would qualify for the Tink top 10. Dont list the players already in the panel. You can nominate yourself, but please try and show us some of the following criteria. (This is also what we will be mainly looking at to do our rankings)

* Tournament placings and experience
- If you have a bracket you can show us, we will look at that too. Beating good people will help greatly.
-Where the tournament was held will also be a part the ranking. Getting first in Antarctica wont help. (No offense to the Antarctica scene xD )

*Videos
- Not wifi, or combo videos.

* We will also be looking at overall knowledge of TL's game and the game of brawl itself. Matchups etc..

Please, only post the link to the tournament results page, and dont post out the whole results here. And no more than 3 videos.. for now. Same goes for if you are nominating someone other than yourself.

HOPEFULLY WE ALL CAN HAVE FUN WITH THIS! =]

List As of The day after tmrw/2

1. Jash.. or is he o_O

...007. Lobos ( haha)

Fun facts:

*coming soon when im not sleepy*

6-10:
*Also coming soon when we get things more organized*

I'll update the list probably every 2 or 3 months.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I got this idea from those darn Diddys. I'm going to make a Toon Link power ranking.

What I hope to accomplish from this:
A friendly competition to be the best Toon Link. Even if you don't want to be the best, competition is what drives us to be better. <-(you missed a space there) I know it did for me. We all love it, that's the main reason most of us play this game.

What I don't want from this:
For us Toon Links to "break up". We are a tight community and we usually have no problem with helping each (two words) other. Even the secretive Jash spreads his words of wisdom every now and then.

I will make a Social Group with people I have selected to be knowledgeable about TL's game and can make an accurate, non biased (comma removed) decision on our best players. The ranking will be decided like(comma removed) so:
(the above sentence was a little confusing. I just gave one of the possible corrections)

(The following has been pretty much all copied from the awesome ADHD... hopefully you don't mind =])
I will have everyone submit their top Toon Links (in order from 1-5). I will then sum everyone's points based on their list (1st=5 points, 2nd=4 points, 3rd=3 points, & so forth) and divide by the number of lists submitted.After positions 1-5 are settled I will move onto positions 6-10. I might also do Honorable Mentions. After the panel is finished, hopefully Mr. Chip can sticky this thread for us.

The judging panel will be (colon moved) (if they accept):
- The Jerm <3
- Quivo
- TLMSheikant
- VeitGeek <--(Lol. He deserted TL)
- Chip
- Jash
- Santi <3<3
- Lobos
- Hyrulian Royalty

What I would like you guys to do is submit some players that you guys might think would qualify for the Tink top 10. Don't list the players already in the panel. You can nominate yourself, but please try and show us some of the following criteria (period removed) (This is also what we will be mainly looking at to do our rankings):

* Tournament placings and experience
- If you have a bracket you can show us, we will look at that too. Beating good people will help greatly.
-Where the tournament was held will also be a part the ranking. Getting first in Antarctica wont help. (No offense to the Antarctica scene xD )

*Videos
- Not online (comma removed) or combo videos.

* We will also be looking at overall knowledge of TL's game and the game of brawl itself. (Ex: Matchups etc..)

Please, only post the link to the tournament results page, and don't post out the whole results here. And ("also" would be more correct but it can really go either way) no more than three videos.. for now. Same goes for if you are nominating someone other than yourself.

HOPEFULLY WE ALL CAN HAVE FUN WITH THIS! =] [=
Since this is (or at least should be) an important thread I've made some grammatical corrections. I would've corrected your spelling too but it was flawless (Firefox spell check FTW).

First I'd like to say that if you you have any questions/disputes about my corrections, discuss. Also I ignored not spacing the first line of a paragraph since this isn't really a formal statement but correct it if you want.

Second, I personally think this is a great idea but we would have to re-evaluate the rankings at least once a year.

Also I was wondering: You said that we can't nominate someone who's on the judging panel but you chose pretty much all the people we would nominate (minus a few lesser known, but skilled, TLs probably). Are they automatically on the list without nomination or are you banning them from the competition?

That's pretty much it for now. Also don't worry about that last edit; it's a personal meme.

Edit: WO~W. All that and I still got first.

Chip.

you know what to do
Player rankings have been done in the past, and they never end well. Lists can sometimes lead to petty arguements that can lead to fighting. You also have to ask yourself, is it really worth making a list? Disunity, rather than unity, will potentially come in the community if a "player power ranking" is made.

If people REALLY want to do this, then I'll give it a second thought. But as of right now, I don't like the direction this thread is probably going to take. PM me your thoughts since this will be closed.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Woot, chipsies <3

OK, well, we are going to start discussing this. If any of you guys want to be candidates or know someone who should be, post their information here, using the criteria I explained at the end of my last post.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Wait chip, ima copy and paste this in the social group. This thread is just for people to apply for us to check them out for now. Then they can discuss our list when we finish. If we talk in here, its gonna get filled with others opinions.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yes please.

And also people, we need to "applications", or we might overlook you. If you feel you should be on here, say it =]

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Could you give me more information about those tournaments please. Maybe some links or proof would help too.

Alzi

Smash Master
I personlly go to tournaments and have seen Corps play and he definatly will get in the top 10.

I actually like this idea TheJerm as long as everything stays calm and there is no argument.

As for the number 1 toon link i already know who he is. ;)

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Could you give me more information about those tournaments please. Maybe some links or proof would help too.
The first bit of 'proof' is the title of the vid I posted.
The most recent tournament results can be found here.

Some of the earlier tournament results have been posted here. Some tournaments had low turnouts (in the region of 10 ppl :p) whilst others had 30+.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Those that are nominated should possibly post a list of tournament placings and vids?
Very difficult to determine who's "better" since TLs playstyle is so versatile.

Corpse Tl is beast,bomb catching aerials is where it's at :D

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Its not about playstyles. Its about who the TL beats, the area they play in, and videos can help determine their overall knowledge about TL. If I was just going by style, I would say hyro is the best >_>

Its not about playstyles. Its about who the TL beats, the area they play in, and videos can help determine their overall knowledge about TL. If I was just going by style, I would say hyro is the best >_>
Tournament placings and overall knowledge of TL? I was hoping that it was about how sexy they were.

Well anyways, do us little people get to vote, or is this something for the Top Tinks to decide?

QUIVO

Smash Master
Not to rag on the kid, but there was a TL from Venezuela (number 1 player from there) that came to Hobo 17 (a MK banned tournament) and didn't even make it out of pools.

Keyo

Smash Apprentice
Not to rag on the kid, but there was a TL from Venezuela (number 1 player from there) that came to Hobo 17 (a MK banned tournament) and didn't even make it out of pools.
just tells you that where you're from and who you play is really important. <33333333 Jash, he beat Atomsk in tournament, also took down Fatal which i must say is a huge accomplishment because they continuously place high. Jash is the best Toon Link on the east coast and soon to be the world imo.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
just tells you that where you're from and who you play is really important. <33333333 Jash, he beat Atomsk in tournament, also took down Fatal which i must say is a huge accomplishment because they continuously place high. Jash is the best Toon Link on the east coast and soon to be the world imo.
Fatal is good. I'm pretty sure I can beat him though. We played only one match on FD (snake's cp) and i got him to 190% on his last stock. I died early first life though bc of a failed ledge tether. Only one match, but he has more TL exp than I have Snake exp

And honestly I can beat him and Icylight and a bunch of other big names in New England. I just keep losing to peaches, ROBs, and falcos.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
^
Have at least any replays? I could upload them.
BTW: Bests IMO: (IDK order) Jash, Jerm, Quivo, maybe Shiekant...IDK who else
Santi only does teams, right?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Top 5 almost donesies.

@QuivoThat TL from Venezuela wasnt bad, he probably just didnt expect people to actually know what to do against TL.

@lobos: Diddy is fun to fight. Like another version of us.

@Copacetic: Any vids? You almost beat fatal in a friendly or tournament?

@Gnes Gtfo before I bring kos mos here <33

QUIVO

Smash Master
I agree he wasn't bad. I just misinterpreted something corps said, and realized that just now : p

my bad

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
@jerm: it was a friendly, but we both played legit. I'm pretty sure I can beat him in a tournament, we'll find out this month sometime. And I only have one vid up of me and a friend screwin around. I'll get something decent up soon

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Chip get 13th at Genesis, beating mikeHAZE, Sean, and a bunch of other people?

Keyo

Smash Apprentice
Not to meatride and all but Jash is definitely by far better then anyone on this list. To beat ADHD in tournament after ADHD got 1st in SNES is pretty much proof that the potential of Jash is far greater then anyone elses. I am speaking my opinion of course though, no one knows for sure.

Top Bottom