• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legit Toon Link Rankings =3 (List UP !!)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I like number #10 lol (bleach arrancar numbers reference)

I believe we are gonna do top 5 for now since 6-10 would be harder to determine.
Lolz I stopped watching at the arrancars., just before Ichigo fights Grimmjow.

Top 5 would be easier.

Have the judges decided?

Keyo

Smash Apprentice
i hear they are actually considering putting Jash #1-3 on the NYC power rankings. that's pretty beast considering NYC has some pretty beast people.

Lobos

Smash Master
A big improvement from this......:laugh:

Singles: Chu's dojo 6/29

1: Meep (Ice Climbers)
2: ADHD (Diddy Kong)
3: Neo (Marth)
4: Atomsk (Dedede/Metaknight/Ice Climbers (more))
5: Pyronic Star (Olimar)
*6: Sanoscy (Metaknight)
7: Slikvik (G&W/Wario/Peach)
7: Turbo Gilman (Dedede/Pikachu)
9: Plank (Metaknight)
9: Chu Dat (Kirby)
9: Alpha Zealot (Diddy Kong)
9: Boss (Luigi/Mario/G&W(
13: Jash (Toon Link)
13: Lobos (Toon Link)

Dalub

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

NearZzz

Smash Lord
A~Kid > Jash > Chip.
lol JK
IMO the top ten would look like this
1 Jash
2 Chip
3 Santi
4 Quivo
5 Jerm
6 HyRo
7 Near
8 S@nt
9 Not A~Kid
10 Some other pro TL
Ew, that Near guy is garbage, total scrub. worst tink alive.

Lol

HyRo is really underestimated.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Hmm, it's pretty much decided, but dumb hyro hasn't voted.. So everyone can blame him for the wait lol. And lobos is higher than 10.. Accept it lobos. Your still trash lol <3

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Hmm, it's pretty much decided, but dumb hyro hasn't voted.. So everyone can blame him for the wait lol. And lobos is higher than 10.. Accept it lobos. Your still trash lol <3
I talked to him yesterday and he said he got a backup comp or something, so i guess he will soon?

Hyro

Smash Lord
I thought we were all revoting but no one has done so yet. We all need to make a new list including ourselves since the old way wasn't working out.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Fine, I was hoping that I would think of something, but I can't. I'll make a post tonight in the room.

Also hyro, that bomb dair approach, I think I'm on to something xD

Hyro

Smash Lord
Fine, I was hoping that I would think of something, but I can't. I'll make a post tonight in the room.

Also hyro, that bomb dair approach, I think I'm on to something xD
haha nooo you gotta rock that bair to zair

TheJerm

Smash Champion
That's not the list Gnes. We are voting now.. But your gonna have to train me more so I can make top 3 xD

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Haha, at your sig.. thats the main reason I play brawl also. And sure, come to hobo.

List coming soon, I think, now you guys can blame chipsies xD

Hyro

Smash Lord
But that's just half the list. We're gonna release the first half before the other is done??

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Na, im pretty sure its gonna be correct for the most part. We know all the viable TL's in the tourney world

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
The list will probably need revising every month or two. I'm pretty sure I could beat a couple on this list, just looking at recent vids, I'm just less experienced so I don't know what to do in certain matchups. But I'm learning, and I'll break my streak of getting 7th or 13th every tourney soon

TheJerm

Smash Champion
For one, even if you could beat jash or chip, doesnt mean you'd even be on this list. Its the people you can beat, not dittos. It also depends alot on what tournaments you go to.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I suck at dittos, so I'd lose those. I just meant that, in their matches, I would have played just as well against the opponent and wouldn't have made some of the mistakes they did. I'm not bashing them, I just mean that given the opportunity I know I could prove I'm just as capable. And I went to my first big tournament in August (SNES) and went 6-3 (13-6 game score), losing to Ally (1-stocked, then jv 2-stocked), Teevee, and barely losing to D1 in pools.

So I'm not there yet, I'm just sayin that in a couple months the list may need to fit in another few people, since I know a lot of other people are getting good with TL too.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Didn't make it out of pools. One more hit on D1 and I would've, but I missed my chance. It was supposed to be that top 2 or 3 out of an 8-person pool moved on, but it was poorly done and our pool had 10 people, including Ally. So it was best out of a 9-person pool after he 2-0'd everyone.

And if you know yourself well enough, you can tell what you'd do in any given situation. It's not a matter of "I wouldn't have made that same mistake," it's more of an "I would've arrow canceled," or "I wouldn't have even thought to grab then." So it's not that I wouldn't have gotten hit by an attack, I just wouldn't have put myself in the same situation. And that you can definitely tell from a video.

QUIVO

Smash Master
You also don't realize that people adapt and "an arrow cancel here" (or anything really) could've been powershielded and punished.

You'll never know what situations you could possibly be in if you actually played the person.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
True, you won't always be able to do something better, but you can sometimes see something safer. There's a lot of situations where if you do one move you'll definitely get punished, and with another there's a chance of escaping. Obviously an arrow cancel was a bad example, but there are lots of things you can see from videos that can imply the outcome of certain moves, and if your standard situational response works better than the TL's in the video, then you know that you just tipped the scale in your favor by a hit or two. And you can definitely compare yourself to the video's TL if you examine it closely.

It's hard to explain exactly without a video to reference, but you can without doubt evaluate your own skill based upon the observance of another TL

Cringe_IF

Smash Rookie
True, you won't always be able to do something better, but you can sometimes see something safer. There's a lot of situations where if you do one move you'll definitely get punished, and with another there's a chance of escaping. Obviously an arrow cancel was a bad example, but there are lots of things you can see from videos that can imply the outcome of certain moves, and if your standard situational response works better than the TL's in the video, then you know that you just tipped the scale in your favor by a hit or two. And you can definitely compare yourself to the video's TL if you examine it closely.

It's hard to explain exactly without a video to reference, but you can without doubt evaluate your own skill based upon the observance of another TL
So you're just gonna declare yourself as good/better than some people on this list before actually proving it. I really admire your confidence, but I pity your naivety.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I'm saying that I don't have anything up that represents my skill right now, though I am confident in my abilities. I'm saying that, from what I've seen in numerous videos, my skill is comparable to those considered among the best of TL mains. I am saying that soon I will be placing high in tournaments of both small and large scale, once I overcome my few remaining obstacles. And because of that, I am saying that I believe that I will be able to make that list if there is a revision in the upcoming months.

I've learned a lot from watching the videos and reading the posts of everyone that will be on that list. Melito and Lobos are the only two I've personally seen play IRL, and I gleaned quite a bit from watching those matches and playing doubles with Lobos. Because of those that made the list, I have evolved my game much further beyond what I would have been able to do on my own. And now I believe that I have finally reached their level, and can compete with the players with whom they compete.

Top Bottom