• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kakuna Matata - Jeffersonville, Indiana - July 11th

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Kakuna Matata
:014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014: :014:

Hockeymans
125 E Maple St
Jeffersonville, IN 47130

It's an extension to a local card shop that calic works at. So we were able to get the venue easily. :D There's a convenience store across the street, as well as fast food resturants within driving distance. It isnt the largest of venues, but running out of room definitely shouldnt be a problem.

When:
July 11th

Registration for doubles will start at 10:00 and end at 11:30 sharp. Be registered before then! Doubles will start promptly at 12:00, with registration for singles beginning at 3:00, while doubles is still going. Expect singles to begin anywhere between four and five.

Pools will be used at this tournament, and will eliminate the bracket to either 24 or 32 people, depending on attendance.

Price:
Venue - $5 (will be waved upon bringing a full setup)
Doubles - $10 Per Person
Singles - $10 Per Person

Payout:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Before I go on to the rules, there's something more important I'd like to say
WE NEED SETUPS
If you are able to bring a setup (and I hope as many of you will) bring it!

Rules:

-3 Stock

-8 minute timer

-Items are set to "off" and "none"

-Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

-Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

-Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

-Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

-You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.

-No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stages

Neutrals

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks

Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Seige
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair

Attendance List:
Hilt
Calic
Mr. 9
Zenigame
Excel
ShadowPhoenix
Soldier2
Jinx
Joshkip
Airborne
Count
Mister Eric
Xisin
Rowan
Harbinger
Crash
Harbinger
TTar
Lucky
XeroXen
Ducky
VaMPYummyBeefy
Tyr
Smash64
Infern
Y.b.M.
Paladin
MetalMusicMan
Legan
Future
Alt-F4

:D

Setup List:
Hilt
calic
Zozefup
Crash
ShadowPhonix (Wii)

(Again, more to come :x )

Contact Information:

Hilt
(502) 296-8932

wangston

Smash Lord
I have no idea what I'm doing in a month lol. I'm pretty sure I'll be going and I can get 3 setups, Mach, Grayson/Joe, and then my wii.

With a 10 entry fee 1st is already making enough you should totally take off %5 and give it to 4th.

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282

YOU CANT HAVE THIS TOURNAMENT WITH OUT JOSHKIP!!

you wanna know why?
cauze i herd som thingz!

I HERD U LIEK JOSHKIPZ!!!!!!

but yeah joshkip will be there

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Daaaaamn, it's in Indy and farther than Louisville.

Wdf.

So... anybody closer up for giving us a ride there? (By us... I mean however many of us you can fit :D) I can't drive 3 hours somewhere, I've been told my cap is 2... gay.

EDIT: That says July, not June... that means I have ONE MONTH to get a ride!

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

Wdf.

So... anybody closer up for giving us a ride there? (By us... I mean however many of us you can fit :D) I can't drive 3 hours somewhere, I've been told my cap is 2... gay.

Yeah don't blow it Xero. You need to rep that Mario.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard

Wdf.

ummm they're both about the same distance from you. Jeffersonville is right across the river from louisville lol.

I do hope you guys will be able to make it though. Perhaps Count will maybe come and give you a ride ;D

Count

Smash Champion
I'm almost certainly going to this. Good **** hilt.

Xero plays meta knight now everybody yell at him..jk <3 xero.

I'm already excited for this, way to step it up.

I will verify that I am going later on but you can go ahead and list me as attending.

/edit you can add me to setups also assuming I can go. Which I believe I can.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Close and easily accessible! Ill be there even if I dont have money lol.

P.S: We should hype this tournament up lol.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I'm 90% sure Eric and i will make this (I still have to talk to him lol.) but for now put us down.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
haha i considered putting "Mr. Eric" on the attendance list... but i figured i'd save myself the rant ^.^'

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Zozefup and Rob Gambino will definitley be here with 1 or 2 set ups.

We might have 2 others too (She Geek, Lz). It's hard to know for sure since it's a month away. I'll try to get the Murray KY crew here too (3 more people).

Xisen, I want a MM. This time I know how to get off the ledge XD

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
I dont give people MM's that cant spell my name. Especially when its written in front of you.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Zozefup and Rob Gambino will definitley be here with 1 or 2 set ups.

We might have 2 others too (She Geek, Lz). It's hard to know for sure since it's a month away. I'll try to get the Murray KY crew here too (3 more people).

Xisen, I want a MM. This time I know how to get off the ledge XD
I dont give people MM's that cant spell my name. Especially when its written in front of you.
....daaaamn! ****, Xisin style.

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there. Going to do any local advertising besides online? Some flyers at libraries would go a ways to bringing up attendance.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Hilt, do we have any fliers? If so, send me one, that way I'll be able to print them out and put them up around town (because that will increase attendance :p).

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
Send me a flier copy too Hilt so I can post them at the New Albany library and such.

clowsui

Smash Legend
If you guys are going to do the flier advertising thing:

1. You have to be prepared for ~10 or even ~15 people to come...it's planning for a "worst case scenario"
2. You have to plan accordingly in terms of setups. 10-15 extra people is no joke -_-

This is exactly why I dislike inviting scrubs to tourneys - there's more money in the pot, but there's also a lot of possible inefficiencies. Unless you can make sure that they bring a setup, I suggest you advertise LIGHTLY.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I was thinking this as well. One of the main things I'm going to be testing at the tournament is room. I'm not sure how many people we'll be able to comfortably fit in the area, and plan to use this tournament to get a general idea before we hold any more. If this one works well, we decide to hold another, and there's excess room, we'll consider fliers to draw in casuals.

Delvro

Smash Ace
You need to bring a weegee main in order to officially call this tournament. Same goes for any tournament... sorry... not my rules!!!

Hop to it

and lol @ scrubs comments... they're what make tourneys fun don't ignore them

Count

Smash Champion
I'm getting really excited for this.

Hilt is it possible you could house me the day before?..I work until 6 or 630 so I probably wouldn't get there until 10. I might have a buddy with me, not sure.

Also, I would be willing to help you TO or whatever if you want. If anything I can be a pool leader.

Top Bottom