• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Total Domination, "The Ultimate Machines" a Peach boot camp

goodkid

Smash Lord
It's time to wreck havoc on the community peaches :p Our little princess is not a girl anymore. Our childhood is over. Brawl has evolved while we have followed slowly behind. We're not feeling sorry for ourselves anymore. We're not reminiscing on our past failures and mistakes. It's time for Peach to become a head turner. This time we're building machines. We're building "Ultimate Peaches."

Knights...will fall to their knees

Link to Peach Chat: http://xat.com/ImperialEra

I. Introduction
A. Why are we having this camp?
B. Who is it for?
C. When does this camp start?
D. Is there a camp theme song?

II. Mind, Body, Spirit = Profit!
A. How will our minds and body benefit?
B. Spirit? Huh?
C. Quotes to Live by
D. Goals

III. Groups
A. What is the point of a group?
B.
IV. How will we learn?
A. Teachers
B. Discussion topics
C. Summary Worksheets
D. Proposed Schedule

V. Future Events
A. Tournament
B. Test
C. Coupons
D. Hall of Fame
E. "The Ultimate Peach" Guide

I. Introduction

By the end of the summer this community will grow stronger, faster, closer, and smarter than anyone ever thought possible. Every Peach that participate will break past the barriers that have prevent them from becoming the Ultimate Peach. This boot camp will prepare you for the many struggles that will arise in a tournament scenario. We will have 2-3 live discussions per week and the exchange of one peach to another that will take place this summer will blow your minds. Heated debates, match-up talk, and even a Peach tournament will take place in Peach boot camp 09. History will be made because this will become the 1st time the top Brawl Peaches collaborate and bring their ideas to the table in a professional manner :laugh: to show the ropes to Peaches of all levels around the world. You will reach new levels in your play that is not attainable in any other place on this site. All of this is preparation for the big summer tournaments(Genesis, EVO World, Michigan vs The World, S.N.E.S). This time we're putting great minds to the test and unlocking Peach's fullest potential at high-level play :bee:

A. Why are we having this camp?

After attending this camp, you will receive the basic tools you need to excel in high-level play. All we require of you is an open mind because you will learn from the best, but the best education doesn't matter if you cannot listen!

B. Who is it for?

This camp is for anyone who wants to break past their wall and reach higher-levels of play. Whether you main, second, or you're picking up Peach for the first time, this camp is for you! If you are a lurker on smashboards and you don't have an account, you can sign-up right up there ^^^ It's a simple 1-3 step process and all you need to do is create a unique username, put in your email, then a password, and your done!
The Peach boards want you! We will will help you reach your potential. We will show you the ropes of tournament play and what it takes to dominate at high-level play.
This summer, our Queen will clash with the best.

C. When does this camp start?

This camp starts now! The majority of this camp will run through August 1. By then your Peach should be smarter, faster, and a beast of a machine that cannot be created anywhere else.

D. Is there a camp theme song?

Yes, but I need more suggestions. I'm thinking Drop it Like its Hot.

II. Mind, Body, Spirit = Profit!

A. How will our body and minds benefit?

I don't want to see anyone on this site past 1am in their respective time zones, and post before 7 in their respective time zones. Go to bed! You need it, and your mind will thank you. I'm sure you have more important things to be worrying about(school, work, family, friends, whatever) than smash. It's time we take care of ourselves, myself included. Eat a good breakfast in the morning. The beast inside of you cannot be awakened without proper rest and nutrition!! All of these outside factors will make you a better smasher. Feeling good about yourself and a good diet will boost your confidence levels, which in return, will better your play.

B. Spirit Huh?

If you are religious and you have disconnected with your religion, it's time to reconnect. It's good to have something to believe in, and religion is proven boost creativity(music/prayer), physical & mental health, and friendships. I mean we are such sophisticated creatures, we had to be created by someone. :bee:

C. Quotes to Live by

Week of June 29-July 5

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

~ Helen Keller

Week of July 6-July 12(Weekend of Genesis)

You're only here for a short visit. Don't hurry. Don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.

~ Walter C. Hagen

Week of July 13-July 19(Week after Genesis, leading to EVO)

The team with the best athletes doesn't usually win. It's the team with the athletes who play best together.

~ Lisa Fernadez

Notice how some relate to us more than others. Is it a coincidence? Hmm...I don't know. Maybe God is in on this plan and wants us to succeed!!?? Who knows?

This was all collected from my school's assignment book <_<

D. Goals

Goal: Our goal is to increase the skill-level of all Peaches in our community. By the end of the summer "we shall overcome." Our ultimate goal is for a special Peach player(or many), whether they are assembled from this boot camp or live under the stairs to win a large regional or even national tournament with 100+ entrants.

"The Ultimates"
~Hall of Fame~
$.
$
$

Keep in mind all of this is not concrete yet. To make this work, we need more ideas of how to make this a smooth process that will benefit all of this.

If we want this to work, we need 2 Peach dream teams.

Our goal is to build as many Ultimate Peaches as possible right?

There will be a choice of 3 schools to join.

The difference in the schools is that the top Peaches that we have now will be split into appropriate groups. They will be the leaders of the discussions and give advice to all of the peaches in their school.

Pick a school based on your play-style. Look @ your personality. Do you like to have a balance in your play w/ a mix of offense and defense? Do you like to know what the opponent is planning and have a solution to their every answer. Are you a creative smasher that uses many tricks and mix-ups to confuse the opponent? At the end, no matter what school you choose, you will receive the same education and your Peach will be beastly.

Group 1(Intellectual)
Dark.Pch(discussion leader) {confirmed}
Mikey Lenetia
Rowan
KOS-MOS

Group 2(Balanced)
Praxis(discussion leader)
Edrees
Niko
Sky

Group 3(Creative)
Hova {confirmed}
VaNz
PeachKid
Excel_Zero {confirmed}

Team Name Suggestions(incomplete)

Royal Treatment
Imperial Era
Peachy Doos
Booty Bumpers

What discussions are we going to do?

How long?(I'm thinking 1hr to 1hr 15min.)
-either the last 10-15min we do a collaboration and the presenters present what their group found on a particular topic, then have the note-takers/summarizers post the discussion for that session.

Each group will have objectives that need to be completed

The Summaries
3 Strengths/weaknesses we need to remember about ___ character
*Recommended Turnip Usage: Low, Medium, High
*We Must Recover!(Height): Low(under the stage), Medium(stage height/full-jump float level) , High( above stage)

We could have secondary group members like Bone, Smeesh, Umbreon, and others join in on the discussions. For those wondering, "oh what about me!" Don't worry your not forgotten ;) We are splitting into teams. I know we have a lot of mediocre/intermediate Peaches that want to step up their game.

Edit: This is how it will work. All of the mediocre/intermediate peaches will choose their group.

Every Peach(including the group leaders and representatives) who attends the camp and wants to be apart of the live discussions will have to have a job matched to their interest/talents. You cannot attend this camp without a job.

Detailed job descriptions will be added in the update

~Jobs
Discussion organizers-writes the prompts and objectives for the discussions. 5 total main subjects in a discussion(each team discussion is 50 min, so 10 for each (including collaborations) will last 1hr - 1hr 15min. They will also organize the discussions topic by topic and the time slots(during discussion) and days that these will take place.

Guardians- Take attendance. These will be the peaches to the one's to contact if you are late for the discussion. Make sure discussions run according to time and heated debates do not get out of hand. Guardians will save the discussions for further reference.

Summarizers-
These are the note takers. They will keep track of all of the group's discoveries. They will fill in the summary worksheets that I will make later. They are more like recipes. Ex.-(turnip usage in ___match-up, there will be a choice of low, medium, or high.) The result of this will look like, Recommend turnip usage: Low All groups will be required to have @ least 1 summarizer, but the more the better. Then when we collaborate, summarizers will work together to complete the "recipes."

Visionaries- These create ads/design whatever for this camp. They will take the information from the summarizers and make it easier to read by adding color and pictures. They will be in charge of making the cut-out coupons which will be a collection of all the collaborated summaries, but short and sweet. Coupons save time and money , amirite? Ex.- MK(pic) (2)Advantages (1)Weakness. Recommended Recovery?(low). Turnip usage(high), moves to abuse(jab, dair, toad), etc...

Guru/Comedians- These Peaches need to be extremely confident and happy with themselves. These Peaches will use their natural talent of making smiles using humor. They will help make the discussions even more fun to be a part of. They will also give positive encouragement to Peach's who need that boost to get the next level. Think of them like the psychologists. Machines show no emotion amirite ?

Event Planners- These Peaches will schedule the fun activities later to come this summer. They will help plan the tournament between the 3 schools. They will also work with the organizers to help plan when the discussions take place(topic by topic).

I'm probably forgetting something, but more ideas to come

I feel that a collaboration which will be a short session should take place the last day of our suggestions.

Discussions topics suggestions-(incomplete) Match-ups, Stages, Tactics, Counter-picks, Mindgames/Conditioning Opponents, Zoning/Spacing, Attitude(positive vs negative mindsets) Overcoming Fear, Peach in Team Situations, etc...

Keep in mind that we have a ton of info on the discussions/re-discussions, but this project will help bring everything together.

Tournament: ? (peach dittos)
Date: TBA

I may just be taking this to far and all this may not even be necessary, but all of this should soundly get all of the Peaches at a high-level. I feel this is the only way to ever push Peach into the upper echelons of characters. We need all the help we can get. We have a thriving community already, but all of this is hard to learn and finding all of this knowledge would take a long time >_> This boot camp will refresh your memory of that Yoshi match-up or teach you how to trick out that Snake player down-the-street.

Mark your calenders, Peach boot camp will start the second week of June.

At the end of this we will make an "The Ultimate Machine" guide & a "The Perfect Peach" profile and the username/password can be attainable to select players that would be interested in helping to make a guide based off of the information shared this summer.

Peaches in Attendance

We need more awareness, tell all your smash buddies that main/second or want to learn Peach or want to become a better player about this camp. This camp isn't limited to any player. Tell every Peach you know about this camp, so all the learning that will take place will go to use.

More to come later :p If you have any suggestions post away! We need all of the help from all peaches to make this work. On a personal note: Please bear with my grammer, phrases. I'm taking a writing course this summer so this thread will be **** by the end of all of this.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Where will the Peaches not listed go? Maybe you should take a list of people who are 120% committed to this to join (The Peaches who arent listed) and divide them throughout the groups.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
This should be fun lol.

PS:. Usually Im not on AIM but for this period Ill be on if you guys want to contact me for something.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I'm so good, I'm on both teams.

Also, is everyone just thrown on random teams? I don't see any common factors of separation.

Other than Dark and Niko being separate team leaders, which is really, really funny to me.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I'm so good, I'm on both teams.

Also, is everyone just thrown on random teams? I don't see any common factors of separation.

Other than Dark and Niko being separate team leaders, which is really, really funny to me.
Yeah they were random, I didn't know everyone would respond so well to the idea of the boot camp, and D.Pch, others talked like the teams were solid. I made teams before all of this with a little thought, but I think they are pretty even.

goodkid

Smash Lord
oh god, i'm out unless there is a name change

also 85% of my team is MIA
Lol, yeah I'm taking suggestions don't count on this being the title :laugh: It's just something that I think is eye-catchy, I have a knack for that. Project: D.E.A.T.H. was a stupid name.

WE NEED MORE SUGGESTIONS(group names, discussion topics, schedule)

Oh, and count on me having a schedule sometime this weekend for the thread. This thread will be EPIC, I just know it.

Yeah we need all the help we can get. I'm going to start assigning the reps a position, like a time keeper, a note-taker, a presenter for the collaboration, etc. Also, I need more suggestions for group names.

hova

Smash Champion
my team will be called either

Kansas Konvicts or Team#2

otherwise I will start a third group with myself and anyone who was left out of the first two groups

goodkid

Smash Lord
my team will be called either

Kansas Konvicts or Team#2

otherwise I will start a third group with myself and anyone who was left out of the first two groups
I think 3 groups would be pushing it, because we'll have the team meetings, then all of the teams meet for a collaboration(either the same day, or a day by itself). Plus we'll have a short-mini summary that will become memorable

Edit: I actually like the idea of 3 groups. Then once we have the summaries we will have the most important thing each group agrees on.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Just got home from school and see all of this. Heh.

For my team name, I would use the 2 that I made up. I'll talk to my team and see what they think about it.

Also about intermidiate players joining teams, how is that gonna work?

And I just noticed, Dark.Pch has no rivals on the Peach forums.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I've always noticed extremely different playstyles and different matchup views between East and West coast.
Perhaps organizing the groups by coast and then comparing results would yield some interesting data?

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
I've always noticed extremely different playstyles and different matchup views between East and West coast.
Perhaps organizing the groups by coast and then comparing results would yield some interesting data?
Ummm... Texan? x_x

I should be getting videos of me playing against my friend tomorrow. Today he was really.. messing around and not trying at all, so w.e.

Does anyone think they can record the videos for me?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
yea umm, i called this really gay in the other thread and then i saw the specifics and thought ok, it's kinda good, and then i was like woooooooooow this title is really ****ing gay.

Hova, do something about it. ;O

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Real men are not afraid to show thier inner sweet (Peach) side.

Well except me. Thus I dont use emothions or phrases like "lol" or those random faces people use for lil to no reason.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
This thread title...is painful to my eyes. Lol.

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
We all know Jynx is a DragQueen . ;)
tell that to Sabrina's Female Mr. Mime :p
[Fire Red/Leaf Green]

agreed with K.Bunny on the title :/
there's nothing sweet about it

it's the trashy prostitute that nobody wants to look at, but can't ignore because it keeps forcing itself into your eyes; the girls who texts 25/8 from the suburban slums on myspace
[arguably like Peach, depending on who you ask :p, though we know better than that :3]

also requesting a title change :p
gay would be more fitting than that, at least [thinking Pink+Fabulous]; this... is just ridiculous >__>;;

Top Bottom