• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Total Domination, "The Ultimate Machines" a Peach boot camp

hova

Smash Champion
yaay i had average tech skill in Melee (go Falco)

****nnnn, maybe we could have our first Team#2 meeting

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Oh yeah totally. I'd like to discuss this new shiz with you guys.

So... when could we hold the first meeting?

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Um, aren't you team 3? 0.o

And I just had a weird bomb experience. :X I was playing a peach CPU (we each started with 1 life), and I was on the edge, I fell off the edge and then faired back on, and as I did that the CPU pulled a bomb, and we both blew up. x_x She died first though. xD

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
now?? get on aim sucka
Ok, I just made my account lol. My screenname is brito089.

Um, aren't you team 3? 0.o

And I just had a weird bomb experience. :X I was playing a peach CPU (we each started with 1 life), and I was on the edge, I fell off the edge and then faired back on, and as I did that the CPU pulled a bomb, and we both blew up. x_x She died first though. xD
Yeah, that has happened to me (well, I actually shielded MK's tornado with a bomb on hand, and he blew up as I just shielded the impact and ended up fine. It's on my combo video lol.) Anyway, it seems when the hitbox reaches the bomb it blows up, but some research here would be great, so it would help us to know how to USE BOMBS WISELY. (lol)

goodkid

Smash Lord
changed some groups around. Edrees is in group 2 w/ Praxis. This is a lot of work and this will be organized this weekend.

Great to see we made some progress! Keep up the work!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So I was right, had a feeling right after my post Niko would say something as usual to start with me. For all that don't know, I have him on ignore and had him on it for a long time now. I can't see a word he types so don't worry. This fool does not exsist to me. That first line bitter said cleared my theory without having to check what the boy said. Moving on now.

Woah what?
I didn't know I was drafted, I just thought I was asked to join to watch the discussion xD.

EDIT: Yeah, that was Raz.
You was drafted but wether I did draft you or just add you in to learn something, you hardly payed attention and brought it random topics. I think you should be in ether group 2 or 3 And I am second guessing Raz But Class yesterday went well I believe me and Mikey are bumping up both BO and Bitter.

We are creating monsters out here.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'll pass on all of this. Good luck with your discussions everyone! :)

I'll just do my thing at tourneys.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I'll join in this project (wish i could work with mikey lenetia on similar research tho) ^_^ oh and btw the k in peachkid isnt capital ;D

(its a stupid little pet peeve i have XD)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Turnips/items are decided upon input of Down + B or by some factor beforehand. It'll have something to do with that. That's what I think anyway and that's the theory I'm using for the decision of what items you pull up

The Bo-omb was there whilst it was being pulled up from the ground, you probably Faired it before it popped up out of the ground or fully emerged from it being 'in the ground' state

Erm anyway, good luck with this thing! I hope you all can co operate with each other and find something useful out of your discussions. Heres to making Peach better :)

goodkid

Smash Lord
I'll pass on all of this. Good luck with your discussions everyone! :)

I'll just do my thing at tourneys.
Really? Maybe you should reconsider. You will miss out on your potential! I think a perfect fit for you would be the balanced school.

I know I have a lot of questions to answer, so please be patient. I will try to have everything in place by this weekend. Make sure you check the OP if you haven't already. I added job descriptions and changed the group members.

Make sure to add your AIM, job you will do, and your school.

In this order:

Username > School > Job > AIM

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Really? Maybe you should reconsider. You will miss out on your potential! I think a perfect fit for you would be the balanced school.

I know I have a lot of questions to answer, so please be patient. I will try to have everything in place by this weekend. Make sure you check the OP if you haven't already. I added job descriptions and changed the group members.

In this order:

If he does not want in then that is fine. some people wanna be on thier own and do thier own thing.

And yea, players will have jobs. But with my group I am having players learn the basics of Peach have help them create a competitive mind. The I will assign them jobs. I would not be right to give out jobs players are not all that ready for. and they will do thier best at a job once thier minds advice and can think on thier own more. What it takes to be a pro player and how to think, etc. Thats how me and Mikey started in our group yesterday with Bitter and Bo X7. One step at a time Best to start from step one.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

In this order:

You guessed right with the school choice, but honestly...I'm more of a lurker. I lurk, find something useful that intrigues me, practice it, apply it, and move on. The rest of my development comes from hands-on practice at tourneys. Not to mention I'll be getting my second real job soon so I won't really have the time to contribute much even if I wanted to. And I'm not really comfortable with the whole idea of placing people in "categories" that reflect their supposed skill level. There are a lot of red flags for potential drama and elitist behavior that could stem from that. I'll just stick to developing the way I feel most comfortable with. *nod*

Anyways, good luck with all of this; it sounds like a great plan to help the progression of Peach's metagame. :)

jmo brawler

Smash Rookie
ill be a part of this but am confused about something.

Are we trying to join the team with the style(intellectual, balance of offense& defense,creativity) that we want/need to improve , or are we suppose to put ourselves in the school that best describes our playstyles as of now?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
it's better to leave certain things alone, lol. but every now and then, they start with each other.

i think they're secretly friends :laugh:
Yea right...........

More like one has a crush on the other one. Kinda like school. When the boy always bugs the girl cause he likes her. But just wont say it.

Seems this kid has some gay love for me and always wants my attention. And as you can see I don't say anything to him anymore and haven't for a loooooong time now since I had him on ignore. Not sure when he is gonna realize I don't swing that way and should go after someone else and bug them for attention. Kids these days.......

Are we trying to join the team with the style(intellectual, balance of offense& defense,creativity) that we want/need to improve , or are we suppose to put ourselves in the school that best describes our playstyles as of now?
You can go with something that fits your playstyle. That way you wont have to start so fresh and easier to help you out.

goodkid

Smash Lord

Pick a school based on your playstyle as of now. At the end of this, you will learn from each school and all these traits will help you become a better player.

We need more awareness, tell all your smash buddies that main/second or want to learn Peach or want to become a better player about this camp. This camp isn't limited to any player. Tell every Peach you know about this camp, so all the learning that will take place will go to use.

I'm going out-of-town this weekend, so I'll organize and finish everything when I come back.

hova

Smash Champion
if people want to learn they can get at me on AIM

ya'll can set up a time for a group discussion or whatever and i'll show up

Metatitan

Smash Master
I think the point of this should be not only to teach people peach but advance her metagame as well. She doesn't have the same problem as characters such as ROB who are stuck in the same metagame back from 6 months ago. She is very versatile with her approaches, follow ups, and overall playstyle that she hasn't had this trouble.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I am sorry that I have been missing, but this camp is going to happen. I will finish what I can today & will finish the remaining in the morning. Screw the groups, where going to have a giant discussions w/ any Peach we can get. There are still 13 days till Genesis, so let's not give this up yet.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I didn't procrastinate...Yess!!! We'll finally get somewhere, I don't want to give this up. I have everything written down in a journal, but I procrastinate my messy handwriting onto this screen. I updated I. & II.

The most important things right now:

Link to Peach Chat: http://xat.com/ImperialEra

C. Quotes to Live by

Week of June 29-July 5

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

~ Helen Keller

Week of July 6-July 12(Weekend of Genesis)

You're only here for a short visit. Don't hurry. Don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.

~ Walter C. Hagen

Week of July 13-July 19(Week after Genesis, leading to EVO)

The team with the best athletes doesn't usually win. It's the team with the athletes who play best together.

~ Lisa Fernadez

Notice how some relate to us more than others. Is it a coincidence? Hmm...I don't know. Maybe God is in on this plan and wants us to succeed!!?? Who knows?

This was all collected from my school's assignment book.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
hmm this is interesting..... lol ill give some thought on join. theres always room to improve

hmm lol needs a tricky group? lol like smashing while holding a vegetable?
that or element of surprise? :rolleyes:

goodkid

Smash Lord
Link to Peach Chat: http://xat.com/ImperialEra

Everyone needs to go to that^^^ as much as you can this week(evening) I know people are already on their way to Cali. but if we want to do this thing and share as many techniques and secrets as possible the chat should be our medium.

hcfwesker

Smash Cadet
Is this still going?

I'm defenitely in. :)

I don't deserve a spot in the teams, but my Peach is creative and unique; cause i don't block. :D

And, a cool name, could be what i use for my custom taunt "Peaches N Creamed" like the ice cream flavor , but "ed" added on the end; for a more dominating sound. <--- came up with that while at a Sonic drive through ordering ice cream :p

Top Bottom