• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Total Domination, "The Ultimate Machines" a Peach boot camp

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
I think it'd be counterproductive to do this at Genesis, when it's one of the events we're prepping for :p
"Hey, could you stop the tourney for a couple of minutes? We haven't quite finished with our ultimate Peaches yet" :p

I thought that it'd be more like discussions [possibly wifi] over a chat/aim and stuff, where the teams talk and the learning intermediates listen in/read along, with maybe questions asked along the way. The result of that talk would then be posted here, and as these continue, people would practice what they theorize, and become better?
at least, that's what I thought it'd be. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

we'd probably meet up at one of the major tourneys to play each other if team competition occurs

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
awww...i thought with my recent placements, i would be on this... :\

hova

Smash Champion
it's never about placings

it's all about how good you can make yourself sound while posting

I'm Amazing

goodkid

Smash Lord
I think it'd be counterproductive to do this at Genesis, when it's one of the events we're prepping for :p
"Hey, could you stop the tourney for a couple of minutes? We haven't quite finished with our ultimate Peaches yet" :p

I thought that it'd be more like discussions [possibly wifi] over a chat/aim and stuff, where the teams talk and the learning intermediates listen in/read along, with maybe questions asked along the way. The result of that talk would then be posted here, and as these continue, people would practice what they theorize, and become better?
at least, that's what I thought it'd be. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

we'd probably meet up at one of the major tourneys to play each other if team competition occurs
Yes, this is exactly how it will work. There will be a major update sometime later this week. I have finals to study for. Everything will be set in place this weekend. I have a ton of ideas and gathering them in an organized manner is hard for me. Make sure to check the OP because I will have all of the announcements there.

Just a little taste:

There will be a choice of 3 schools to join.

Dark is in charge of 1st

Not sure of this one, but Praxis can be in charge of the 2nd.

Hova in charge of the 3rd

The schools will have 3 distinct characteristics that set them apart.

Dark's is the intellectual group

Praxis's is the balanced(defense & offensive) group

Hova's is the creative group

The difference in the schools is that the top Peaches that we have now will be split into appropriate groups. They will be the leaders of the discussions and give advice to all of the peaches in their school.

I'm greatly interested in the response for this question~

GoodKid?
This is how it will work. All of the mediocre/intermediate peaches will choose their group.

Every Peach(including the group leaders and representatives) who attends the camp and wants to be apart of the live discussions will have to have a job matched to their interest/talents. You cannot attend this camp without a job.

Detailed job descriptions will be added in the update

~Jobs
Discussion organizers-writes the prompts and objectives for the discussions. 5 total main subjects in a discussion(each team discussion is 50 min, so 10 for each (including collaborations) will last 1hr - 1hr 15min. They will also organize the discussions topic by topic and the time slots(during discussion) and days that these will take place.

Guardians- Take attendance. These will be the peaches to the one's to contact if you are late for the discussion. Make sure discussions run according to time and heated debates do not get out of hand. Guardians will save the discussions for further reference.

Summarizers- These are the note takers. They will keep track of all of the group's discoveries. They will fill in the summary worksheets that I will make later. They are more like recipes. Ex.-(turnip usage in ___match-up, there will be a choice of low, medium, or high.) The result of this will look like, Recommend turnip usage: Low All groups will be required to have @ least 1 summarizer, but the more the better. Then when we collaborate, summarizers will work together to complete the "recipes."

Visionaries- These create ads/design whatever for this camp. They will take the information from the summarizers and make it easier to read by adding color and pictures. They will be in charge of making the cut-out coupons which will be a collection of all the collaborated summaries, but short and sweet. Coupons save time and money ;), amirite? Ex.- MK(pic) (2)Advantages (1)Weakness. Recommended Recovery?(low). Turnip usage(high), moves to abuse(jab, dair, toad), etc...

Guru/Comedians- These Peaches need to be extremely confident and happy with themselves. These Peaches will use their natural talent of making smiles using humor. They will help make the discussions even more fun to be a part of. They will also give positive encouragement to Peach's who need that boost to get the next level. Think of them like the psychologists. Machines show no emotion amirite ;) ?

Event Planners- These Peaches will schedule the fun activities later to come this summer. They will help plan the tournament between the 3 schools. They will also work with the organizers to help plan when the discussions take place(topic by topic).

I'm probably forgetting something, but more ideas to come :lick:

I've always noticed extremely different playstyles and different matchup views between East and West coast.
Perhaps organizing the groups by coast and then comparing results would yield some interesting data?
Hmm, maybe give me time to think of this one. I was thinking add the Peach's who fit the descriptions
awww...i thought with my recent placements, i would be on this... :\
Oops, yeah I forgot some of the Peaches that I wanted to be a reps. You can be one. :p

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
What if we're not sure what group we fit in? :/

And would anyone be able to record some videos for me? My friend won't get on a place where I can contact him, so all I have is his (not so great) brother's matches with me, and 2 CPU matches. I want to get at least 2 of him vs. me though. :(

goodkid

Smash Lord
^^^
I'll put you in a group then. Look @ your personality. Look @ your playstyle to tell. If you play more relaxed w/ a balanced style then Praxis's group is for you. If you like to think about your strategies and trick your opponents and use every move for a reason then D.Pch's group is for you. Hova's group is more for the creative peaches that play very tactical w/ many tricks and mix-ups to confuse opponents.

Try to find the best group that will fit you and no matter what you choose, you will receive the same knowledge and you will become a beastly Peach by the end of this.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hold on. You just keep Praxis group aggressive cause that's how he is. I'm mostly defensive so give that to me.I can play both styles but my defensive style is better.

hiROI

Smash Lord
So I made a decision...
I am going to join Group 3: Creative.
Is there some sort of Qualification Round? Do we need to like pass an exam?

If we do...that'd be so Kill Bill like :chuckles:

hova

Smash Champion
to be in group 3

- you have to be a manly man (or manly woman) no crying in the huddle
- you have to be completely confident in your style, but also have a completely open mind
- you have to understand that a gameplan/strategy is only as good as the paper it's written on; it all comes down to you in crunch time
- understand that you are probably bad at this game and the friends that you play with may be sub par as well
- you must see nothing wrong with spamming Fair and Turnips
- against all reasonable judgment, logic, and sense you must be able to just 'feel' when absurd moves will work
- absurd moves must actually work when you use them or your 'feeling' is worthless
- MK is ghey and deserves to be banned, but we won't whine about it because crying never solved anything
- you must love Buffalo Wings/Nachos/Pizza/Crabcakes or Beer... at least one
- be completely skeptical of any advice I give if it doesn't make sense to you, but still seriously try it out in no less than 15 matches
- you must 'Never back down, come on!'

edit: must also understand what it truly means to lead... because I refuse to lead a group/babysit, but I have complete control over naming a group leader once things get under way

hiROI

Smash Lord
I read over the requirements a quite few times.

And I believe this group is the one for me. I know I am an intermediate player, but Hova, I promise I wont back down :mad088:

Team 3 gonna rock this shiz~

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You boys dont even need a group chat. I'm sure alot have aim. so get on aim and make a chatroom.

And screw this

*grabs random Peach player into my group* This is how you get the job done. Just draft Peach players like it is the army.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
hova, ur last post basically describes me 'cept i don't rly have friends to play this game w/, just wifi and trying to play mm ranked players at tourneys. ;o

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Looking the the description/qualifications listed, I feel that I would absolutely love to be in Group 3.

But I am weak; I falter, so I'm not too sure that you'd want me. :p

So I guess my next best bet is group 2? o.o
also, unless Meno's in the same group, I think I would like to be the Visionary? [I think we can all agree that Meno's the default Visionary for any group he's in. :p]

_Keno_

Smash Lord
so wait, are these discussions going to be posted after the sessions? I'm leaving for a week the day this "boot camp" starts. =/

I mean whole discussions, not just the summary or what was learned.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Looking the the description/qualifications listed, I feel that I would absolutely love to be in Group 3.

But I am weak; I falter, so I'm not too sure that you'd want me. :p

So I guess my next best bet is group 2? o.o
also, unless Meno's in the same group, I think I would like to be the Visionary? [I think we can all agree that Meno's the default Visionary for any group he's in. :p]
*grabs/drafts you into my army*

The Dark.Pch army wants you kid. I will make a man out of you in a matter of days. Get ready to have your azzed worked to the bone to be like your.......how many Peach pros we have now? To be like your (insert about of Peach pros) Fathers.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Good idea Goodkid. I'm still a little befuddled though. I guess I'll have to be in the Intellectual. group.

Jesus Christ. I haven't posted on the peach boards in forever.

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Day 1, Month (>, Year v*\O^

Let's not troll/cause drama :3

====

Dark Peach has actually started his school early, drafting Peaches into it. [We didn't have much choice, did we ;P, or is that just me XD]

Since this was the first time to do this, I've taken some notes as to how the discussion went and some comments as well. As it was the first session, I've taken it upon myself to do the 'jobs' Goodkid suggested in order to show you guys how it went, what to expect, etc, all things that can help the later schools have more efficient sessions.

Day 1

Duration

2 hours from when I entered the chatroom

Attendees:
Dark Peach
Mikey Lenetia
AirGemini [who may not have been drafted/asked to watch the discussion]
Bo X7
Razmakazi
Bitter Romantic

Shortly after posting in this thread, Dark Peach contacts me on aim and drafts me into his school. Cue AIM chatroom.

Personal Comment: Using the AIM chatroom did not pose any problems and I feel that it a suitable vehicle for this activity.

Structure
We didn't follow Goodkid's idea for topic discussion during this time. Both Mikey L. and Dark Peach feel that it's more important to build up the learning Peaches up first to a competitive level and answering specific needs and questions by said players before moving onto topics like stage discussion, match ups, etc with the mentality that:
Build up basics > Better players > actual discussion involving the group

Personal Comment: I agree with their idea of building up the players first before moving onto topics. That being said, it's VERY IMPORTANT for the teaching Peaches to contribute to the discussion. I feel that if a question were to come up about, let's say, a particular matchup that one of the Peaches has trouble with, that it is best that all the teachers contribute so one can have a more conclusive evaluation from all available sides. Though it may clutter the chat a little by doing so, I feel that the possible information gained from such is definitely worth the possible hassle. Because of this, it's also important to have several of the teaching Peaches there, the more the merrier. Both Mikey L. and Dark Peach did a wonderful job in answering our questions and setting us up to have better Peaches with the idea that having two different play styles and approaches in using a character can provide a more thorough learning experience.

Schedule
There is no set schedule for the school as of yet. What is planned is to have these discussions whenever the people are available to do so. We understand that not everybody can be on at all times and that real life situations/schedule differences can prevent attendance, so currently, it's a matter of 'are enough people on to have a discussion?'

Personal Comment: It's a pretty laid back policy at the moment, which makes total sense, especially for the first few meetings. What could be useful is to set up a time/date [like, every Tuesdays, 9pm] where everyone is free and have that as the guaranteed/required session that everyone in that school attends [this is to be calculated by comparing everyone's schedules, etc] and to host smaller sections throughout the week when enough people have amassed to host one and they are interested and available. Ideally, there would be 2-3 set sessions a week, with any number of smaller sessions as needed.

Summary

Even though nobody had planned topic discussions, we had a variety of questions asked that I feel provide a good first try into the subjects in terms of information, even if none of the topics were explored in depth/shallow explanations for quick questions, etc.

Character Matchup: FOX :fox:
I came into the discussion about Fox in media res, which I presume was to answer Razmakazi's question.
Suggestions:
Low turnip usage and to turnip cancel off ledges/platforms when you do
Limit your floating/don't float too much, especially not predictably
When high percents, shield camp and turnip OoS, run away/camp to replenish shield if shield becomes too small

Stage Discussion: Battlefield

General uses for platform for Peach's game and how it helps her evasive playstyle.
When the opponent flops onto a platform, you can follow up with whatever you usually want, notably utilt, which will cover most, if not all of the bottom platforms when you stand in the middle beneath them.

Mindgames
Mindgames are good. A defensive Peach discussion led to the topic of baiting+mindgames. Discussed basics of using, the 'why's, etc with various examples using our input for possible approach strategies/etc.

Personal Comment: Especially for the discussion, having multiple teaching Peaches is something I feel is a necessity. The different inputs and opinions can help many players get a better understanding of the topics. The more inputs, the better. Thus, the more teaching Peaches, the better. This project is about the Peach community improving together.

Overall, I think that this is a lovely project and support all those who plan to be a part of it. As the intermediate/learning Peach, it was helpful, informative, and I think that this will be even better once it picks up and real topic discussion starts.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend Wifi. I think that it would be in every learning Peach's interest to practice what is learned and to practice to get better.
If one is able to brawl offline, more power to them, but to those who can't, I feel that the overall smash experience is kept intact and that experience is crucial to one's smash growth and development.

Cia

das kwl
Personal Comment: I agree with their idea of building up the players first before moving onto topics. That being said, it's VERY IMPORTANT for the teaching Peaches to contribute to the discussion. I feel that if a question were to come up about, let's say, a particular matchup that one of the Peaches has trouble with, that it is best that all the teachers contribute so one can have a more conclusive evaluation from all available sides. Though it may clutter the chat a little by doing so, I feel that the possible information gained from such is definitely worth the possible hassle. Because of this, it's also important to have several of the teaching Peaches there, the more the merrier. Both Mikey L. and Dark Peach did a wonderful job in answering our questions and setting us up to have better Peaches with the idea that having two different play styles and approaches in using a character can provide a more thorough learning experience.

i had no idea that this was going on. if someone let's me know next time, i'll be glad to help out. my AIM = CxOxSxMxO

:colorful:

Cia

das kwl
i just checked the first post again. and it's dramatically different from what i remember. i was put into the 'Creative' group. does that mean my group is responsible for finding new techs/ different applications for peach's moves?

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm... I'm rethinking what group I want to go in.

I just sent the videos I want recorded to the guy whose doing it for me, but could someone here just let me send them a video of me playing a 9 CPU? >.< It still shows the basics of my playing style, not how good I am against people. :/

Edit: So someone could put me in the right group. :p

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I'd like to be in the creative group. I discovered something yesterday that I'd like to discuss, since it was GODLY, but you have to be like, melee technical to be able to pull it off. So yeah, I should start getting AIM since I don't have it yet. =\

Top Bottom