• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OH SNAP 5: Le Thien's Last Stand!!! (BRING WII'S!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oklahoma presents:

O.H. S.N.A.P. 5:
Le Thien's Last Stand

Oklahoma Hosts Smash, Need a Pummeling?

*Please constantly check this first post as I will be frequently updating it with new participants, side tournament propositions, crew battle status, OOS housing assignments, and any other relevant information*

General Info:

After months of flaking out, Oklahoma has decided to throw the biggest and baddest Brawl tourney this side of the southwest by continuing our OH SNAP tournament series. Following the success of Oh Snap 4, a +100 tourney drawing out the best players from Kansas to Texas (lol Bible Belt), we’re serious about hosting a more efficient tournament as well as a fun experience for all those participating.

The previous Oh Snap taught our finger-shaped state a lot about running a large-scale Brawl tournament and also made us realize we did a lot of things that could be rectified. Following the example of our fearless leader Le_Thein, we’re going to pull together for what should be a fun end of summer smash punctuated by his last major tourney appearance for some time. If you’ve ever been touched by Le Thein or inspired by his raw masculinity, this is the last chance to witness him in his fullest form.

Date:
August 14-15th, 2009 (Friday-Saturday)

University of Oklahoma, The Heritage Room in the Oklahoma Memorial Union (same as OS4)
Address:
900 Asp Ave. #428
Norman, OK 73069

Pre-Registration Required!!!
Rules for pre-registration:
-PM information about name/tag, main, city, crew to either: Sars_Pirate or Gmo
-Should look like:

Name/Tag: Yawara/ Sars_Pirate
Main: Snake
City: Norman, Oklahoma
Crew: Oklahomies

-Information will be updated in the attendance list! Please give us accurate information for we will use your info to determine pools!!!

Registration Fees:
Venue Fee - $5.00 (Venue fee is voided for all players bringing equipment!)

Singles - $10.00
Doubles - $10.00 (per team, subject to change if people want)

***If there is time for side events, fees will be decided on the spot . . . Like say a pot for crew battles***

Schedule (Subject to change!!!)
Day One:
* Registration - 10:00 am
* Tournament - 11:30 pm (No more entries past this point without an extra $10 dollar fee!!!)
Singles Pools: 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Doubles Start: 6:00 PM to ???

Day two:
*Doors open – 10:00 am
* Tournament – 11:00 am
Singles: 11:00 am to finish

Regional Crews: After all other events conclude
Venue closes at 12:00 AM!!

General Rules:
Oklahoma will try its best to adhere to SBR standard rules to the letter. Rules can be changed if there’s a consensus. Also, I’m not changing things cause Inui said so.
* 3-stock
* 8-minute timer
* Double elimination
* Items are set to "Off" and "None"
* All sets will be determined in Best of 3 matches; Best of 5 will be used to determine the victor in Winner's, Loser's and Grand Finals
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* Double Blind picks can be called on the first match.
* Stage strikes are in effect in doubles, singles pools, and singles
*DSR is in effect in this tourney unless both players agree to revisit a previous stage.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
* All matches concluded by a suicide kill are determined by percent (including Kirby-ciding, DDD-ciding, Bowser-ciding).
* All standing infinites are banned from the tournament (DDD standing infinite, Marth on Ness, etc)
* Ice Climbers infinite is limited up to 200%.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* stalling is banned as is Planking (70 ledgegrab rule)
* Metaknight is NOT banned
* Players who use wii-motes are asked to take care of their own equipment as there are NO spare batteries provided in the tournament.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* If one player asks not to play on a hacked wii, then the match can be moved elsewhere.
* Losers/Winners/Grand Finals matches will be recorded and can’t be avoided. Losers semis, winners semis, etc. though can be.
* Players who don’t wish to play on Live Stream can request so up until finals.

Additonal rules for doubles:
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port
* Color Blind Rule is in effect for teams.
* Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Additional Rules for Pools Play:
* Players will play 2 games per person Round Robin style
* Number of Players advancing from each pool will be dependant on number of entrants, number of players per pool, number of pools, and which round of pools it is.

Stage List: (Subject to change)
Neutral Stages
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Pokémon Stadium #1
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island
* Lylat
* Delfino

Counter-Pick Stages
* Castle Siege
* Halberd
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes
* Luigi's Mansion
* Norfair
* Pictochat
* Pirate Ship
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar

Yawara Ng/ Sars_Pirate
(504) 231-6099

Grant Marshall/ Gmo
(405) 474-3123

Daniel Truong/ FattyFatFatso
(405) 604-7935

Out-of-State Arrangements:
Because of Oklahoma’s close ties with Kansas and Texas, the priority housing will be to them followed by all other OoS fly-ins. With that said though, it is unlikely that, unless the tournament becomes ridiculously huge, we will be unable to house OoS players somewhere. Even so, hotel arrangements for cheap can be made and we may be able to supplement OoS costs.

Also, Texas and Kansas players must recognize this is still a first come first serve just with more priority given to them. If they wish to get housing, our staff has to know about it immediately! Over all though, our state will try everything in its power to house every person or at least find some way to house every person.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Housing:
Sars_Pirate houses:
Louisiana (waiting for final count)
The Dallas carpool (Thursday)

Gmo/Kpeezy houses:
The Dallas carpool (Friday to whenever)

FattyFatFatso houses:
Kansas
Austin
The Valley

Le Thien houses:
Houston/Beaumont
Corinth/Roundrock
San Antonio

Hazygoose houses:
All of Missouri

Type-EX houses:
All of Oklahoma

Confirmed Participants:

Oklahoma
-Le Thien (Diddy)
- Kos-Mos (Peach)
-SarsPirate (Snake)
-Gmo (Falco)
-FattyFatFatso (Wario)
-Shade_ (Wolf/Fox/Ike)
-Zinth (Metaknight)
-Po Pimpus (Luigi)
-Young Deezy (Marth)
-Kpeezy (Marth)
-Typ-Ex (Falco)
-Gravity (ROB)
-PowaStar (Mario/Metaknight)
-KingGT (Sonic)
-Hyper (Wario)
-Bassem6 (Wario)
-Fling (Lucario)
-Xerit (DeDeDe)
-Chuck Nasty (Pokemon Trainer)
-Afrotastic (Snake)
-FK (Zero Suit)

Texas
Dallas
-Ladybug (Margaritas)
-Dphat (Metaknight/Marth
-AttackStorm (Falco)
-DMG (Wario from Waco
-UTD ZAC (Game and Watch)
-Fogo (DDD)
-Bwett (Diddy?)

Austin

-PhantomX (Wario)
-Hylian (Game and Watch)

San Angelo
-Dojo (Not Metaknight)
-Santi (Toon Link)

Houston
-Xyro (Samus)
-Gnes (Diddy)
-TalkingBeatles
-heytallman
-BlueJ (Marth)
-Carnage (Metaknight)
-SG (Rob)
-Jerm (Toon Link)

College Station
-BadNewsBear (Counterpick/Pikachu)

Beaumont
-Esca (Pit)
-Take (Marth)

San Antonio
-Espy (sonic)

Valley
-Broly (Marth)
-vorguen
-shlike
-vash
-pax
-papi
-vickey
-magik

Round Rock
-RedShadow (Wario)

Corinth
-Twilight Cloud (Ike)

Kansas
-Affinity (MK)
-The Real Inferno (ROB/MK/DDD)
-Domo (MK)
-KY (Pit)
-Steeler (PT)
-Zeton (Fox)
-Clel (MK/Marth)
-Royal Nynja (Diddy)
-Holms (Kirby)
-Mr Doom (Ike)
-4rce (Diddy)
-Stealth Raptor (Pikachu)

Missouri
-Tomar (Wario)
-Jordan (Game and Watch)

Louisiana
-Jiovanni (Kirby)
-Hawks Go Caw (Falco)
-Blaino (Samus/ZSS)

Equipment Tracker (desperately need more!!!)
Televisions (14)/WIIs (16)
-Memorial Union/ Po Pimpus
-Memorial Union / Kos-Mos
-Memorial Union/ Young Deezy
-Sars Pirate /Typ-EX
-Zinth/ Zinth
-FattyFatFatso/ FattyFatFatso
-Fatty Fat Fatso/Xyro
-Fatty Fat Fatso/Xyro
-Gmo/Gmo
-Gmo/Xyro
-Brown Paper Sack/Brown Paper Sack
-Brown Paper Sack/Brown Paper Sack
-Xyro/Xyro
-Xyro/Xyro
-??????/Jiovanni
-??????/4rce
-??????/Affinity

Extra equipments:

VCRs/Recording Equipment

-Gmo (VCR)
-Le Thein (VCR)
-Sars Pirate (VCR)

Powerstrips
-Xyro (6-7 surge protectors, 2 extension chords)

Projector:
Oklahoma Memorial Union

Alcohol
-****ING EVERYONE IS DRINKING

[edit]

All relevant information that needs to be addressed will be updated over time such as housing arrangements, any additional rules that are added/stripped away, who brings what to the after party, etc

[edit 2]
The next edit will provide: hotel information, airport location, transportation information (shuttling to the venue), etc.

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
Yo Yawara I'm going man!!!! I use Mario/MetaKnight also if it isn't to much can you put this on allisbrawl.com? I want it to be added into my tournament placings case.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
ALL RIGHT!!!

Now is the time to prepare yourselves for the biggest, baddest, best event Oklahoma has ever thrown!

My boys Yawara, Daniel, Grant, and Hanson are going to be pulling out all the stops for this one.
As Yawara stated, as things stand, this will more than likely be the last chance a lot of you will have to play against Le_THieN, the ****tiest Diddy Kong this side of the Mississippi, so make arrangements now... and if you're from Texas, that means hitching your wagons and getting all the young'uns in line for the long Wagon Train north ;)

I fully expect to see all of you bums that didn't come last time to be here, so Dojo, Razer, PhantomX, BRING YOUR ***** this time so I can Shoryuken you all properly.

Okay, you've all got approximately 3 months to get everything in order, because I GUARANTEE you do not want to miss this tournament. OK's bringing the heat, and we're giving Hanson the sendoff of a lifetime! I'm already lining up the booze and hookers as we speak!

ALL RIGHT SOUTHWEST(and you too, Kansas)!

And everybody else! Where you at, Midwest, East and West Coast? Scared of the Pimpest?

C'mon everybody! Let's get Big!

MARIO BIG!!!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
lol <3 Infinity. Bring the rest of Dallas so we can take your change already.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Unless some unforeseen act of God prevents me from being there, and maybe even then... I will be there.

Also... does Yawara's last name even count as a last name without having any vowels in it? It's only two letters, for crying out loud!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Vowels overrated, guttural noises are the new thing.

Also, I'm too tired to start the Texas trash talking and the random editing of players names in pink and etc. So instead I'll say that last Oh Snap was a fluke, Hanson shoulda won it so he's gonna prove it this time around.

BALLIN!

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Deezy! Team with Marc! That team would be killer... If I could get Marc and you to practice beforehand that is...

Also I like the fact that no one expects me to win this thing. Hanson's last tournament or not, I will **** this ****.

I'm going on the record right now: Po is going to do everything within his power to WIN THIS TOURNAMENT. If you think you can stop me, then bring it on! I'm not losing to ANYBODY AT ALL. Word is bond.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I hope LA comes to this. I hope I can make it to this :( It'll be my first OoS tourney and possibly the first tourney I come back to from my current hiatus.

Young Deezy

Smash Apprentice
I can't really bring my wii/brawl, unless the below is ok.

My disk doesn't read link at all, and sometimes doesn't read lucario....

Tyrannosaurus

Smash Cadet
-Gravity/Tyranosaurus (10)
I know I said it's fine (dunno if Andy said anything), and it is, but it's also conditional on us getting a place by that time.

That said, I want to get out of Edmond asap and I'm sure Andy does too, so I wouldn't worry about it too hard -- but the possibility exists that it might fall through, just saying.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Bassem said he was gonna come to this and team with me... if he doesn't show I will kill half of OK with my bare hands.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm coming to this because I love the Southwest too much not to.

I'm leaving an open challenge for Random Ditto MMs. No one took me up in Tulsa last time (*******!).

Kansas wants crew battles.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I should probably MM Kansas too... but like... they got pooped on by a Yoshi.
Then you should have nothing to worry about, right? ;)

Sars, off the top of my head, these are the people from Kansas that will need housing:
  • Affinity (MK)
  • The Real Inferno (ROB/MK/DDD)
  • Domo (MK)
  • KY (Pit)
  • Steeler (PT)
  • Zeton (Fox)
  • Clel (MK/Marth)
  • Royal Nynja (Diddy)
  • Holms (Kirby)
  • Mr Doom (Ike)
  • 4rce (Diddy)

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
Wtf ever. I alone **** stock 93% of okc. The other 5% is kosmos, and the remaining 2% are his hax and tournips. That includes you too hanson(scr00b). Lmao "dont come out here Po, Dont come out here!!!"

Lol that fox and yoshi got lucky i was intercepted by mks in brackets. Diddy was ready for some low teir action.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I'm down. I'll try my hardest to get here. I gotta see my crush at least one last time (<3 Hanson). And this time it won't take me 8 games before I beat you. :D

po pimpus

Smash Ace
LOL Chris. They should just hand you $5 and save the effort for the tournament.
Not like it will count because I'm going to win it all, but y'know.

Nynja, I think I WILL come out there from now on. Just pray you don't get me in bracket. The smell of burning monkey fur is awful...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Then you should have nothing to worry about, right? ;)

Sars, off the top of my head, these are the people from Kansas that will need housing:
  • Affinity (MK)
  • The Real Inferno (ROB/MK/DDD)
  • Domo (MK)
  • KY (Pit)
  • Steeler (PT)
  • Zeton (Fox)
  • Clel (MK/Marth)
  • Royal Nynja (Diddy)
  • Holms (Kirby)
  • Mr Doom (Ike)
  • 4rce (Diddy)

Fine, fine. Which of these people wants to MM me? I believe KY owes me one, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom