• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Sieguest

Smash Master
Hey guys I'm a new guest to this thread so spare me aight? :p

woah, I'm way late to this one...looks like I'm on the bench until the next MU...>__>

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Adumb
We're both right on some level so I figured we just end it :p

I try to keep things civil in an arguement which means acknowledging when I'm wrong.
I agree, I'm just saying that it's admirable.

Wait does Zelda have to stay Zelda at all?

If not, I say Sheik wins since she's a lot faster and if she has Zelda's bow still, Sheik definitely wins. Technically, Sheik should have it.
It's not Zelda turning into Sheik and vice versa, it's Zelda with all the skills and weapons of Sheik and access to her costume.

Remember the bandages on Sheik's fingers? They're a hell of a lot better then Zelda's gloves for firing arrows.

REL38

Smash Lord
Shelda's agility would give her the edge in close combat especially due to the knife thing.

Apparently, the bow doesn't need to be fully drawn to make lethal damage to Wario so Shelda gets long range as well.

Not much else to say here, really. Unless you give Wario a bomb for whatever reason, but even that won't be useful against an arrow.

Hey guys I'm a new guest to this thread so spare me aight? :p

woah, I'm way late to this one...looks like I'm on the bench until the next MU...>__>
Wha-?

Who is this kid?

Get outta here, n00b. We don't need your useless input >:(

Sieguest

Smash Master
Shelda's agility would give her the edge in close combat especially due to the knife thing.

Apparently, the bow doesn't need to be fully drawn to make lethal damage to Wario so Shelda gets long range as well.

Not much else to say here, really. Unless you give Wario a bomb for whatever reason, but even that won't be useful against an arrow.

In a nutshell! :D

Wha-?

Who is this kid?

Get outta here, n00b. We don't need your useless input >:(
You mad?
YOU MAD!!

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So now Zelda can use arrows? Well that's the only way that she is able to win this MU. W/o the arrows Wario would beat Selda/Zheik.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So now Zelda can use arrows? Well that's the only way that she is able to win this MU. W/o the arrows Wario would beat Selda/Zheik.
Yes, Para never proved that Zelda can't use arrows (we're talking about a draw weight of 120), and the average guy can bench press 110, so it's not a stretch that with intensive physical training, toned muscles would do it, and guess what, unless you've got body fat ratio that's almost unhealthily low, fat covers the tone. It's something I personally had issues with until I dropped down to about 6% body fat (note, women have a higher fat ratio that is unhealthily low).

But, even assuming Zelda can't do that, there's half-draw, or somewhere in between, or less.

A broadhead (Zelda's arrowhead) has been confirmed to penetrate an inch of plywood at 60 pounds of draw weight, aka about half the draw weight of Zelda's bow. Human vital organs are much easier to penetrate then plywood, remember these arrowheads were made to be armor-piercing.

There's no way that zelda can't do a half-draw, 60 pounds is ridiculously easy to lift.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Flame>any approach DK has. And even if DK does get his hands on Charizard, Zard is strong enough to fight back whether biting him or with a swing of his tail. If Zard is able to fly it tips the scale even more in Zards favor. Ggs DK.

JOE!

Smash Hero
DK i believe is bigger than Zard...

when standing up that gorilla has gotta be around like...7ft + o_O

zard is 5'8" when standing, is is much more lightly built

sure he's strong...but not compared to DK

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I say Donkey Kong. Great agility even though his size. Can jump pretty high and is strong enough to take down Charizard physically.

DK's taken down bigger reptiles before. =)

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Flame approach sounds nice, but that's not all there is to it.

DK is stronger and probably faster than Charizard. JOE! pretty much said he had the size advantage, too.

Basically, DK rushes, tanks the fire(if Charizard can bring it out) and kills.

GG.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yes, Para never proved that Zelda can't use arrows (we're talking about a draw weight of 120), and the average guy can bench press 110, so it's not a stretch that with intensive physical training, toned muscles would do it, and guess what, unless you've got body fat ratio that's almost unhealthily low, fat covers the tone. It's something I personally had issues with until I dropped down to about 6% body fat (note, women have a higher fat ratio that is unhealthily low).

But, even assuming Zelda can't do that, there's half-draw, or somewhere in between, or less.

A broadhead (Zelda's arrowhead) has been confirmed to penetrate an inch of plywood at 60 pounds of draw weight, aka about half the draw weight of Zelda's bow. Human vital organs are much easier to penetrate then plywood, remember these arrowheads were made to be armor-piercing.

There's no way that zelda can't do a half-draw, 60 pounds is ridiculously easy to lift.
But then the speed and accuracy of the arrow is greatly diminished. Sure, it can do great damage, but then dodging the arrow is an actual possibility.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Enough Gorilla facts, now to the MU's stats.

Average Gorilla height: 1.70688 meters

Average Charizard height: 1.7018 meters

Average Gorilla weight: 400 pounds

Average Charizard weight: 199.5 pounds

Gorilla strenght: on average, 9 times stronger than humans. Bite is strong enough to crush bamboo.

Charizard Strenght: Probably **** on his upper body, lower body may be stronger but it is still fall from spectacular. He has flames that can melt boulders. Boulders require 1,200 degrees celsius to melt.

Gorilla speed: Never recorded officially. Said to b between 20-35 mph.

Charzard: Can't tell. If stats were realistic I would say that he runs just a little slower than 150 mphbecause he is almost as fast as Rapidash, but I doubt that's the case because he simply does not have the feet to have that speed. May be gliding speed though, but he can't fly with that body....

Intelligence: Neither can't talk but are shown to undersand human languaje. They are even.

Gorilla toughness: DK's muscles will diminish most blunt damage dealt to his upper body. Lower body isn't as lucky.

Charizard toughness: Inverted. Has muscles on lower body but not on upper body. Neck is a weak spot.

DK probably has this. Fire can be tanked and will take some time to kill DK. DK can crush Charizard's skull in a single swipe. Also, Charizard lacks the strenght or weight to match DK. He will be swated aside like in the vs Bowser MU if he attempts close combat.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Charizard can fly, his gas-bladder (for fire) assists him

DK is also like...1.3x the size of a standard gorilla

UncleSam

Smash Master
paya there is only one flaw, skin starts burning at 120F
that flame is 1200C which is 2192F
if Charizards fire is allowed than DK is roast kong.

payasofobia

Smash Champion

His wings are too small to lift him, even with gas. And gas is going to do little if the rest of your body is very heavy.

As a comparison, blow a balloon with gas, make a makeshift wings or something and try to fly. You won't lift any higher just because you have a small balloon helping you.

The only way I can see him fly its if he had a gas-bladder that takes up 2/4 of his body

Also, I compared their size in Brawl. They are almost equal in size and helps my statement.

And Uncle, objects don't suddenly get hot, it takes time for the object to reach the same temperature as the other object.

This is why you can run barefoot on red-hot coal without burning yourself. You don't give the coal enought time to actually damage you because of your fast movements.

If DK rushes him, he could grab him by the neck and kill him before any significant damage is done.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Sure, this fire may actually leave DK scarred for life, but at least he is alive. Can't say the same about Char.

REL38

Smash Lord
Enough Gorilla facts, now to the MU's stats.

Average Gorilla height: 1.70688 meters

Average Charizard height: 1.7018 meters

Average Gorilla weight: 400 pounds

Average Charizard weight: 199.5 pounds

Gorilla speed: Never recorded officially. Said to b between 20-35 mph.

Charzard: Can't tell. If stats were realistic I would say that he runs just a little slower than 150 mph because he is almost as fast as Rapidash, but I doubt that's the case because he simply does not have the feet to have that speed. May be gliding speed though, but he can't fly with that body....
What is this?
"meters"

How can you claim to be American when you use "meters"? Normal people use feet.

Charizard would have terrible ground speed. His legs are too short to cover distance like, say, velociraptors did. Other large reptiles needed long legs to go fast. His are short.

You used a pic that's angled wrong Payas. His wings would be like this:

@JOE

How does a gas-bladder or whatever justify flight?

JOE!

Smash Hero
2 things rel:

1st: Gas bladder is likley filled with hydrogen, thus making Zard a bit more boyant

2nd thing:

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
People. In regards to flight, research on Youtube and find that Dragon Documentary I was talking about. It aired about two or three years ago. It explains flight and fire-breathing, and makes a case for Charizard. Before you ask why I can't do it, my computer sucks and I cannot watch Youtube Vids on it, and it would be a pain in the *** getting the Video's address on my Wii to here.

I say DK has the higher chances of winning. His strength would allow him to snap Charizard's neck, break bones, or strangle him to death. If Charizard kept bombarding him with it, he could burn DK alive if he makes DK catch fire.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I found the name of the documentary.

"Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real" All parts of it are shown on youtube as a playlist. It covers Flying Dragons, Land Dragons, Sea-faring Dragons and the Medieval Dragons as well. Remember it is a 'what if' type of Documentary.

EDIT:

@ Payas:

I am aware of this, but look at Charizard's total wing span. Its nearly twice as wide as he is tall.

Just watch the **** video, please? Just so Charizard may have a possible fighting chance maybe give more to debate about?

I am not in the mood for full-scale debates right now. Its also because I enjoyed that documentary and it made me wish such creatures were at one time a real thing (Dinosaurs aside).

Also, if bones are hollow, veins can be grown through them, allowing such a gas bladder to be beneficial to flight. Filling any veins throughout the wings with hydrogen could make Charizard light enough to fly if enough were pumped through at one time without rupturing any veins.

UncleSam

Smash Master
it's still double/triple posting, don't turn into tocador
btw paya

And Uncle, objects don't suddenly get hot, it takes time for the object to reach the same temperature as the other object.

This is why you can run barefoot on red-hot coal without burning yourself. You don't give the coal enought time to actually damage you because of your fast movements.

If DK rushes him, he could grab him by the neck and kill him before any significant damage is done.
sublimation, the act of a solid transforming into a gas, skipping the liquid phase.
that's ****ing hot.
sublimation
EDIT: alright this may not exactly relate to melting skin but still you get the picture. and if you don't skin melts at 212F
which is still low. we're talking about an 1100C difference here. It won't take much time for DK to lose his skin.

UncleSam

Smash Master
nah, DK would win if Zard didn't have fire.
his upper body strength doesn't compare to a gorilla as noted by Paya.
Zard could probably glide and ram into DK but I don't know if it would be the best idea.
Zard wins because he has something stupid monkeys fear. fire.
DK wins if Zard is without fire.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If it's hot enough to melt boulders, sure it will take time to make it reach boulder-melting tempature, but it will reach killing temperatures almost immediately.

How quickly objects heat up is a function of the size and the tempature difference, it slows at it approaches the temp of the other object, but by the time DK's heating slows, he'll be dead.

But then the speed and accuracy of the arrow is greatly diminished. Sure, it can do great damage, but then dodging the arrow is an actual possibility.
Speed and accuracy equivalent to a modern longbow... you really shouldn't be dodging that.

Top Bottom