• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wanna go to Melee/Brawl+ @ HERB2 July 24th-26th?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm thinking about borrowing my mom's Expedition to go down to HERB2. It's got 8 seats. I'm going down Friday (dunno what time yet, maybe mid-afternoon), staying all day Satuday (Melee day), and leaving on Sunday before the Brawl tourney (don't ask me to stay for Brawl, I'm not going to). So, who wants to go? So far...

1. Me
2. Thunderhorse
3. Vist
4. Chudat
5. Thumbs
6. Sage
7. G-Reg
8. SpeedYoshi

Cost:
We would most likely be leaving from Bmore's and maybe picking a few VA people up along the way, but Google Maps says the trip is about 6 hours, 350 miles. Multiply by 2, divide by 15mpg, add a little for driving to food places and picking people up and stuff, and it's about 50 gallons of gas for the trip. Multiply by ~$2.50 per gallon of gas and the trip will cost roughly $125 in gas. Divide by 8 people and that's about $15 each, so assuming I get 8 people, that's what I'll ask for. That seems pretty reasonable for this trip.

Housing:
The venue is at a hotel so housing shouldn't be a problem (though it'll probably be $10-20 per person, so bring money). A few NCers who are getting rooms offered to room with us. In fact, Karn and Stingers are trying to get rooms next to each other so we can have the Brawl+ tourney there. Speaking of which...

Brawl+ Tourney:
There will be no "official" Brawl+ tourney at HERB2, but Karn, Stingers, and I will be running an unofficial one. I'm hopeful that we can hit at least 25-30 entrants, but that depends on turnout for HERB2 itself (which is supposed to be good). It will most likely take place Saturday night after the Melee tourney. Just look up Hackfest 2.0 for the tourney rules. I'm definitely open to stage suggestions but I'd like to keep the list pretty conservative. There will be teams and singles.

Would people prefer $5 entry or $10? No venue fee for this one obviously.

Why would I wanna go to HERB2?
3 reasons:
-a large Melee tourney with top pros
-a Brawl+ tourney in NC which has a strong Brawl+ scene
-TOOOOASTYYYYY TOOOOOAST is gonna be there! He no longer lives in SoVa so this may be the only time to see him for a long while

Please post ASAP if you're interested so we can work out the details.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
100% confirmed. Not working on that day. Just checked :). What time will you swing by VA? I do have Friday work until 4 though, which I think should be plenty of time if you're leaving sometime in the mid-afternoon (or earlier. Takes an hour 30 to swing by my area).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Alright Chu is on the list. You know anyone who might wanna go and doesn't care about staying for Brawl?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah Chu, keep in mind I'm definitely NOT staying for Brawl. If they still wanna come that's cool though.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If we stayed for Brawl, it wouldn't end till what, 9pm if we're lucky, and then I have a 6 hour ****ing drive back to MD, and then I have 2 hours to sleep before I have to get up for work at 5am.

So no, I'm not staying for Brawl, it's not even a possibility.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
They tell me P~S and Deez are going down separate. Maybe you should try to hitch a ride with them.

I'm not staying for Brawl, period. I'm not trying to douche you guys or anything but I'm not taking a day off work so I can sit through a Brawl tourney.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Jcaesar - Hmmm the other day P~S called me asking for a ride down to Herb along with Deez. I'll have to talk to them. In any case, keep my spot reserved in your van since I might come back up with someone else if this is the case.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I talked to Deez on aim he said hes coming down with M2K. D:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Jcaesar, could you pick me up from a metro station or my house? I'm pretty much right next to 3 395 exits (Shirlington, King Street, and Seminary Road).

Does anybody want to share a room? I don't want to spend $60 just to stay there X_X.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
jcaes i will gladly go if u can pick me up. i will be in frederick (along the way if u take 26 over to 270 south, its about a 10 minute longer trip. i really wanna play melee, and ill enter brawl+ just for you <3

not staying for brawl is EPIC

this is assuming you can fill up the car and i would only have to pay like $15-20 for gas and 10-20 for a hotel, i cant afford for this to be a $150 dollar trip, but I can do like $75 =]

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Jcaesar, could you pick me up from a metro station or my house? I'm pretty much right next to 3 395 exits (Shirlington, King Street, and Seminary Road).

Does anybody want to share a room? I don't want to spend $60 just to stay there X_X.
I dunno where those places are, but if you can get to somewhere near where 495 meets 95 I can pick you up. I think Thunderhorse lives somewhere around there and I gotta pick him up too.

jcaes i will gladly go if u can pick me up. i will be in frederick (along the way if u take 26 over to 270 south, its about a 10 minute longer trip. i really wanna play melee, and ill enter brawl+ just for you <3

not staying for brawl is EPIC

this is assuming you can fill up the car and i would only have to pay like $15-20 for gas and 10-20 for a hotel, i cant afford for this to be a $150 dollar trip, but I can do like $75 =]
I'd like to but I'm going straight from work (down near DC) to Bmore's to pick people up, then back down. I guess I might be able to get to Frederick but it's pretty far out of the way and traffic is gonna suck. Any way you could get near Bmore on Friday afternoon?

Hmm that reminds me I still gotta talk to Turbo...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I can see what's up, I may be able to do that depending if I can get a ride back to my parents house from my gf on Thursday. I've also gotta see if I can get my other friend to help watch my friend's dogs, since i'm gonna be housesitting them til saturday!!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I dunno where those places are, but if you can get to somewhere near where 495 meets 95 I can pick you up. I think Thunderhorse lives somewhere around there and I gotta pick him up too.
Are you taking 495 or 95 to get to thunderhorse's house?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
^^^THIS.

Please bring SpeedYoshi [and Juan if he's able to go too!]

PAT! Make it as convenient as possible for my boy JCz to pick you up :)

oh and JCz if there's a spot beyond Speed [and Juan] and someone else drops from your list, I'll see if I can convince Caboose to come through for this [he lives in Alexandria I think, but he's pretty cool about making things more convenient for people :)]

Of course none of them will be staying for Brawl in any way.

Top Bottom