• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wanna go to Melee/Brawl+ @ HERB2 July 24th-26th?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'd like to pick you guys up around 6pm on Friday. It doesn't matter to me where, Thunderhorse's or Chu's, just let me know where. And let me know what's going on with Omni.

Kiwii, sorry to hear you can't make it.

G-Reg, let me know what you decide.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Updates:

Omni is NOT going.
G-reg is NOT going.

I found us housing for Friday night =D. I will post up the address soon.

Jcaesar, any way we could get a TV/Wii/Brawl+ in your vehicle?

If you need any of us to drive, just let us know man. As for picking up Sage, Thunderhorse, and I... we will all be waiting at my place for you to come pick us up. Thunderhorse, around what time do you expect to be meeting me up at?

Later man. See you at 6PM on Friday.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Thanks so much for that!

The only update from my end is that we will most likely be joined by the Thrillerman himself, Thumbswayup.

I'd like to get a setup in my car if possible (and you guys can play whatever game you want of course). Does anyone have a car power converter, or know how much they cost? I guess we can stop by Best Buy. I was already planning on bringing my TVs.

As for driving, since it's my mom's car, I'm gonna have to drive the whole way. It shouldn't be a problem though. I used to make the drive to my college in upstate NY all the time and it was about the same distance.

Everyone make sure you bring enough money, and then bring some extra. Best to be prepared, and freeloading =/= cool.

What is the housing you found us? I was planning on staying at the hotel but if you found something cheaper, I'm all ears.

So I guess we might have an empty seat or two right now. Who still wants to come? SpeedYoshi? Boss (no freeloading!)?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I have an LCD screen for my gamecube, so we can play gc games on it. Only problem is that it lags a little. The screen is about as big as the side of a gamecube lol.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We'd still need a power converter (or do you have a car plug for you Gamecube?), and if we can get one, we might as well play on a real TV, unless for some reason it can't handle the voltage.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I have a car plug for my gc and it works with the lcd screen. I would definitely not work with a tv though =/

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
OK Sage, definitely bring it in case we can't scrounge up anything else.

Sorry to hear that G-Reg.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Its no problem. I am the almighty infamous Chudat after all. Traveling with me always has its benefits :chuckle:

jk. The place I have lined up for us is Lord Karns/NC-Echos apartment. They are awesome for helping us out like this =D.

Anyway, playing on those small LCD screens suck imo. It IS something though so I won't complain if that is the only thing we have. Although, we should gather at least 2 power converters for one of Jcaesars TVs and for the GC/Wii if possible.

Does anyone else want in the smash van? =D haha.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
If i can come, which hopefully is likely, i can meet you in fairfax or wherever in NoVA you are going, i would also likely go back with meep and stay for brawl, if thats still cool with brett. ill give the final word by tonight

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
im still down
i can get to anywhere the metro can, does anyone live to close to it so i can meet up with them and hop a ride to chus?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Alright SpeedYoshi you're in if you can get to Chu's by 6. Try to get someone's phone #, Thunderhorse's or Chu's or Sage's.

Now I'm only waiting on definite answers from Greg and Thumbs. Hmm that makes me realize how great this trip is gonna be!

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Me and SpeedYoshi are discussing meeting up at the Vienna metro, since that's only about 5 minutes away from where I work and I can get back onto 236 pretty easily from there to get to Chu's.

Might as well just consider him coming.

EDIT: yeah I'm picking him up. He should be good.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I'm confirmed!!!!! ill be at chus tomorrow at 6. get excited!

haha might not wanna put thumbs in the same car with me, ive heard he has some deep rooted hate :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
haha might not wanna put thumbs in the same car with me, ive heard he has some deep rooted hate :)
You kidding? I'm looking forward to this more than the tourney!

I have some bad news. I borrowed a car plug adapter from a friend, a really nice, new one. It's rated for 100W, and my lowest power TV is rated for 55W. Should be fine, right? Wrong! It couldn't keep the TV on more than a couple seconds.

I'm afraid we'll just have to deal with laggy Melee :ohwell: or some other GC game.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
cant wait to see toasty toast!!!! you will be there right?
yeahhh *****aaaaa

I'm leaving GA around 2 PM on Saturday hopefully and I'm reallly hoping to be there in time for singles, but I don't think that's going to happen...either way I'm going. I already have my store's hours covered for all of Sunday so I don't even have to go to the store...but I still gotta open on Monday morning [@ 5:30] which means I gotta leave NC around 4 or 5 to get home in time to sleep

allllsoooo....clearly, we need to visit Whispy Willows and the Star Blocks at this.

ChuDat

Smash Master
You kidding? I'm looking forward to this more than the tourney!

I have some bad news. I borrowed a car plug adapter from a friend, a really nice, new one. It's rated for 100W, and my lowest power TV is rated for 55W. Should be fine, right? Wrong! It couldn't keep the TV on more than a couple seconds.

I'm afraid we'll just have to deal with laggy Melee :ohwell: or some other GC game.
Nooo! Can someone else do something about this?

Sage, can u bring ur LCD tv for the Gamecube? Just in case we can't get this set up haha.

See everyone tomorrow! =D

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It's an LCD Screen not a tv lol but yea I said I'm bringing it lol. At most we could play singles on it.

Is there room in Thunderhorse's/Caesar's car for a TV I want to bring for the tourney?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Thumbs don't be a *****. Come on man, we haven't hung out in forever. You know it's gonna be fun and TOASTY TOAST is gonna be there! Plus you can back up your ****talk in (laggy) Melee in the car :p

Sage don't bother with a TV, I'm bringing 3. Just bring that LCD screen.

And everyone should bring their DSes. I have one someone can borrow for the car ride.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm probably gonna be long past Branch Ave by then. Just go to Chu's. And leave early.

Just give me a call when you out of work and I'll let you know where I am. If I'm running late I could pick you up from Branch Ave, but otherwise I'll already be at Chu's by then.

meepxzero

Smash Master
hey jcesar i hope u dont mind if i take greg from your car. It makes sense since hes coming back with us plus i have no one else in my car ><. Chus still going to go with you and im gonna take him back tho. Greg said it was alright but al ask him again later today.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
G-reg is no longer in the car?!?! HAHA YES I KNEW IT YOU ****ING SUCK G-REG YOU NOBODY

lmfao jk I was beyond wasted when I said all that lol

I love Meep's location.

Top Bottom