• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wanna go to Melee/Brawl+ @ HERB2 July 24th-26th?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Is there nobody going from Atlantic North that can stay for brawl? I'm sure tons of people would love to come for brawl but nobody made a thread about it D:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Nobody loves brawl lol.

I really need to practice my Peach. I think I may pick up shiek as a 2nd against Fox and maybe Marth.

SpeedYoshi

Smash Journeyman
toasty - call juan, he says hes bored of melee
if you call him hes more likely to go

and i can get to any metro stop, so i can meet up with sage and you can pick us both up(at a convenient stop, there are a few that are right next to highways) :)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
@ Pat: whaaaaaaaaat??? does he not know that this...I mean...it's...wtf is his problem?! He probably got bored because he played Schoolie's gay *** Puff too much...scratch that, even his Bowser is hella gay >_>

also:
try not to make too many plans til JCz says he has a spot for you [unless I missed something?] XD

I'm (pretty) sure he is giving priority to MD/VA peoples that he knows...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Alright G-Reg gets a spot because we're teaming.

Kiwii and SpeedYoshi are on the waiting list if someone drops.

Chu do you know yet if you're definitely coming with us? I'm still not staying for Brawl.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
yea chu i was thinking about driving down there myself but its too much $!
thanks jcaesar! let me know if anyone drops

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I dunno where those places are, but if you can get to somewhere near where 495 meets 95 I can pick you up. I think Thunderhorse lives somewhere around there and I gotta pick him up too.
Yeah I don't live too far off from 495. Once you hit the VA state line, just go past about 5-6 exits and go onto 66 past one more exit, then get on to 123. I'm almost a straight shot off 123 after you pass Fairfax city and GMU (which should be about 5 minutes). Obviously I could give you more precise directions if I wanted (or you could mapquest it :p), but I'm just trying to give you a general idea of where I am. I don't live that far from Chu's place (20ish minutes) and even less far from CK's place (7 minutes).

Anyway, I talked to sage and I'll go ahead and pick him up after work for the ride.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
G-Reg do you think you could meet us at Thunderhorse's house too just to make things simple?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
If I remember correctly, g-reg lives close to me, so thunderhorse could pick him up when he picks me up, or g-reg could drive me to thunderhorse's house, or I could get my mom to drive both of us to thunderhorse's (unlikely unless you wanna leave around 8 pm lol).

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have this screen thing that lets you use your gamecube in the car. Only problem I see is that it runs off the car battery and it lags. So we could play melee/other games on the way down there if jcaesar doesn't mind (I have no clue of the status of his car battery).

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
live off of roberts road methinks? i used to live there too, and know the area well
Actually, extremely close from there. I take Roberts to work and a friend of mine used to live there.

\Edit: I forgot to mention that I have this screen thing that lets you use your gamecube in the car. Only problem I see is that it runs off the car battery and it lags. So we could play melee/other games on the way down there if jcaesar doesn't mind (I have no clue of the status of his car battery).
Forget Melee. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is where it's at.

I'd be good for picking up g-reg as well if he lives close enough to sage.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Edit: I forgot to mention that I have this screen thing that lets you use your gamecube in the car. Only problem I see is that it runs off the car battery and it lags. So we could play melee/other games on the way down there if jcaesar doesn't mind (I have no clue of the status of his car battery).
Fine with me.

btw, I want everyone who's coming from NoVa to be at Thunderhorse's house ready to go by 6pm at the latest. We've got a long drive ahead of us and I'm not getting a late start.

Also, I was informed that we probably won't all be able to fit in one room, so we may have to split up and get another.

ChuDat

Smash Master
yea chu i was thinking about driving down there myself but its too much $!
thanks jcaesar! let me know if anyone drops
Ur driving now?? Aww janet is growing up LOLZ. jk. Hope u can make it =)

Sage - that sounds like a plan.

I still need to talk to Deez before I can confirm. I'll hopefully have an answer by the next few days.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
actually sage i moved out of alexandria and live in leesburg now

but yea Jcaez, if i can go then ill definitely go somewhere along the way to meet up.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I took my grandfathers expedition to georgia, it was a crazy ride, 8 seats also lol. good luck.

I have a quick suggestion which is why I'm posting. We went to best buy on the way and bought two cigarette lighter to outlet converters plugged one into the lighter up front and one in back and one for the tv and one for the cube. It worked fine. We stuck a small tv right in between to the two front seats and had a setup to use on the way there, just and idea. Also we went back to best buy on the trip home and returned them lol. So it only costs .. nothing. :)

rhan

Smash Hero
Caboose is trying to go to HERB? Oh ****!

I can possibly convince my dad if I can take some of the older smashers in SoVA. I have no idea how that's gonna turn out but I can keep people updated.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No Boss I definitely did not. We've never discussed going to Herb. Last time I talked to you was at Bmore's over a month ago and I hadn't even decided that I was driving to Herb yet. I'll put you on the waiting list though. Hopefully Chu and Omni will ride with Meep and free up some spots.

You're gonna have gas + hotel room money right?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Plank is not going so...

Kiwii, you now have a spot if you want it. Where can I pick you up from? Do you live near Thunderhorse?

Oh and I just wanna be clear with something else. No one is going to ride down with me, decide they want to stay for Brawl, and ride back with someone else. That would be really unfair to the other people who want a ride for Melee/Brawl+, when you could just ride down with the other person for Brawl.

rhan

Smash Hero
Caboose is only in SoVa for school, but he lives in NoVa. I'll call him today and see what's up

thanks JCz! ^_^

also: RHAN!!! KIDNAP ETHER, DAMMIT.
He has to work.... :(

For real though if he didn't, I would drive him (or get my dad to) and I'm sure the other members of STARS wouldn't care if he roomed with us. I want him to go just as much as you do... If all else fails, we're forcing him to Pound 4.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Could everyone on the list please give me confirmation if they're definitely coming or not? Especially Chu, Omni, G-Reg, and Kiwii.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea id need some more spare cash to make this comfortable trip, sorry jcaesar i wanna go but it looks like i wont be able to unless i can borrow some moneys

kiwiii

Smash Lord
hey jcaesar! Thanks for letting me know, but i actually made new plans for saturday.. figured i actually wouldn't get the spot.

have fun! :]

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Confirming.

I would also like anyone in NoVa to confirm whether or not they'll be coming to my place/need me to pick them up after 4 PM on Friday.

Also g-reg, I'll spot you some money if you need it. I'm hoping it can be a joint effort by other people as well, but I can take the full expenses if need be.

My wallet would really appreciate the former option though :).

ChuDat

Smash Master
Confirming as well.

Thunderhorse, u want to ride together and find a convenient place where Jcaesar could pick us up from? That would probably be easier for all of us. How far do u live from me? Let me know man.

I think G-reg is going down with Meep since me and him are staying for Brawl. Yo G-reg, I'm with Thunderhorse on the joint effort. If u can't find anyone to lend u money, let us know man.

I can't get into contact with Omni as well. Once I figure that out, I'll let u know Jcaesar. There is a big chance that he isn't going with us though.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
@Chu: yeah that'd be cool by me. I live roughly 20ish minutes from you, and I work even closer to you (the Lifetime Fitness on 236 and Pickett in Fair City Mall). It's pretty much just a straight shot up from 236 to Hummer road, which is the route I take to Nova anyway. I can probably head over to your place after work and we can work things out from there if you're cool with that.

We'd also need to pick up Sage though, as I already agreed to pick him up beforehand, but I think we can get to 395 pretty easily from your place iirc.

ChuDat

Smash Master
That sounds cool. I previously suggested to pick up sage before meeting at my place to save time/gas but I think I'm wrong. Nvm lolz.

Jcaesar, where would u like to pick us up from? What time will u be picking us up?

Top Bottom