• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/10 -Warner Robins Ga- LegendaryGames SSBB, SSBM, SF4, BB, MVC2 Guarenteed Pots

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
LegendaryGames presents: BIRD! "Brawl in (Warner) Robins Day" Singles+Doubles+Melee (Singles and Doubles) October 10th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're having our next Brawl and Melee Tournament at Legendary Games in Warner Robins! Not only that, we're also adding Street Fighter 4, Blazblue, and Marvel Vs. Capcom 2! The Brawl/Melee tournament will be held on the second weekend of each month so start setting your calendars now! The setup for this tournament will be a tad different then any of the others that have been at Legendary Games For this event, we are re-instating the guarenteed $150.00 for first place for Brawl and a guarenteed 100.00 for Melee.. We have awesome prizes for the other tournament as well so if you are interested call the store for details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When:

Brawl
Saturday, September 12th
Registration begins at 12PM, Doubles begin at 2PM, Singles begin after Doubles end. (If you are entering multipile events we will work with you in order to make sure that your matches will not be skipped.)

Melee
Saturday September 12th
Registration begins at 12Pm, Doubles begin at 2PM, Singles begin after Doubles end. (If you are entering multipile events we will work with you in order to make sure that your matches will not be skipped.)

Street Fighter 4 and Blazblue
Saturday September 12th
Registration begins at 3PM, singles begin at 5PM, 2vs 2 (Street Fighter 4) teams will begin after singles start. Blazblue Sigles will start when Street Fighter 4 Singles ends. (If you are entering multipile events we will work with you in order to make sure that your matches will not be skipped.)

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Saturday September 12th
Registration begins at 5PM, Singles will begin at 7PM. (If you are entering multipile events we will work with you in order to make sure that your matches will not be skipped.)

Where:

Legendary Games
1825 Watson Blvd
Warner Robins, GA 31093

Entry fee and pot split:

$10 for singles
$10 for doubles (per team member)
$10 venue fee

NOTE: Bringing a Wii+Brawl setup or a TV will exempt you of the venue fee.

1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

Brawl Rules

Teams Format: Double Elimination
Matches best 2 of 3; finals best 3 of 5

Singles Format: Round Robin Pools (depends on size) to seed a Double Elimination Bracket

Game Settings

3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF, Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Shared stocks allowed in teams

Matches

Stages:

Neutral Stages: These will be on random. Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks available: Delfino Plaza, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Pictochat, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Pokémon Stadium, Lylat Cruise

All other stages are BANNED.

B.Y.O.C. - Bring Your Own Controller!

NOTE: The store can provide gamecube controllers as a backup.

Other

No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Stage elimination: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the legal stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for removed L&R springs and cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound and Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable for this tournament (Gamecube/Wii Remote/Nunchuck/Classic), just make sure people around you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

To preregister, just post your name, region and any equipment you're bringing. Preregistering helps us separate people in the brackets so you don't fight your friends in the same pool/first round of brackets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ruleset for Melee Tournament Is As Follows

Entry fee and pot split:

$10 for singles
$10 for doubles (per team member)
$10 venue fee

NOTE: Bringing a Melee+Gamecube setup or a TV will exempt you of the venue fee.

1st: 70%
2nd: 20%

General Rules

Teams Format: Double Elimination

Singles Format: Round Robin Pools (depends on size) to seed a Double Elimination Bracket

Items are set to off
The stock is set to 4
The time limit is set 8 min
Sets are best of 3 matches, Finals are best of 5
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose the stage they last won on
Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match (300%)
The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
Mewtwo soul stunner glitch is banned
Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)

Set Format (in order of procedure)

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Neutral Stage List
Fountain of Dreams (banned in doubles), Pokemon Stadium, Dream Land, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List
Green Greens, Kongo Jungle 64, Jungle Japes, Mute City, Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar

Banned Stage List
Kongo Jungle
Onett
Fourside
Big Blue
Hyrule Temple
Icicle Mountain
Lylat System: Venom
Mushroom Kingdom I
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island 64
Brinstar Depths
Flat Zone
Great Bay
Mushroom Kingdom II
Peach's Castle

Additional Rules for Double's Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON
Add Termina: Great Bay to the Counter Stage List
Add F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City to the Banned Stage List
Add Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams to the Banned Stage List

B.Y.O.C. - Bring Your Own Controller!

NOTE: The store can provide gamecube controllers as a backup.

Other

No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Stage elimination: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the legal stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), and cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound, Peach's Peach Bomber, Ice Climber Infinate throw are prohibited for excessively stalling a match. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable for this tournament just make sure people around you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

To preregister, just post your name, region and any equipment you're bringing. Preregistering helps us separate people in the brackets so you don't fight your friends in the same pool/first round of brackets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ruleset for SF4:

Entry fee and pot split:

$10 for singles
$10 for teams
$10 venue fee

NOTE: Bringing a PS3 setup with SF4 or a TV will exempt you of the venue fee.

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
4th: 5%

General Rules

Default Time Limit
Stages Chosen at Random
Double Blinds Available on Request
No Button Shouldering (Button Mapping Allowed)
Turbo or Programable controlers are allowed but cannot be set. If it is discovered that you are using preset controlls you will forfiet the match for first offense. Second offense will end in DQ.
B.Y.O.C. (Bring Your Own Control)
Winner keeps character, Loser changes
In case of a tie, the match will be replayed with both players keeping same characters.
* This event will be ran on the Playstation 3 console.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruleset for Blazblue

Entry fee and pot split:

$10 for singles
$10 venue fee

NOTE: Bringing a PS3 setup with BB or a TV will exempt you of the venue fee.

General Rules

99 Second Time Limit
Stages Chosen at Random
No Button Shouldering (Button Mapping Allowed). This does include easy special moves with the right analog stick.
Turbo or Programable controllers are allowed but cannot be set. If it is discovered that you are using preset controls you will forfiet the match for first offense. Second offense will end in DQ.
B.Y.O.C (Bring Your Own Control)
Winner keeps character, Looser changes
In case of a tie, the match will be replayed with both players keeping same characters.
* This event will be ran on the Playstation 3 console

Ruleset for Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Entry fee and pot split:

$10 for singles
$10 venue fee

NOTE: Bringing a PS3 setup with MvC2 or a TV will exempt you of the venue fee.

General Rules

99 Second Time Limit
Stages Chosen at Random
No Button Shouldering (Button Mapping Allowed)
No Glitches that put the game in an unplayable state are not allowed (ie. Gambit glitch)
Turbo or Programable controlers are allowed but cannot be set. If it is discovered that you are using preset controlls you will forfiet the match for first offense. Second offense will end in DQ.
B.Y.O.C (Bring Your Own Control)
Winner keeps team and assists, Loser changes
* This event will be ran on the Playstation 3 console

Also, if you need to contact the store, you can reach us at:

LegendaryGames: 478-923-3477 (if you need directions, call this number)

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I can make this one. I'll probably enter all three.

Venue is now $10?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
lol just lookin' out for the casual player.

Any chance of adding BlazBlue to the list?

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
We will not be hosting a Blazblue tournament on that day, but we will be having Blazblue friendly's and we do have the occasional Blazblue tournament at the store! I didn't even know you were interested in BlazBlue. Do you really need another fighting game to play?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I think you outta do it if you have setups anyway (read: do it. Just mug default for his copy)

N***a doesnt need it anyway. He'll be too busy playing dominoes yu-gi-oh? >.>

Will_

Smash Journeyman
lol Dogy I was wondering what would happen if you and Default met.

Apparently the world is still intact so I guess my first theory was wrong.

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
If only I could get Default to play Brawl or Melee. Then everyone would know who the hell we are talking about! We are going to add Blazblue to the list! Ruleset will be posted by tomorrow!

Rayku

Smash Lord
If only I could get Default to play Brawl or Melee. Then everyone would know who the hell we are talking about! We are going to add Blazblue to the list! Ruleset will be posted by tomorrow!
Annoyingly enough, I call ZOM~B "Default." This is because of how I first met him, though. It's a me-and-him sort of deal.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
the paaaaaaaper moon.

will if nobody really shows up we outta team, for both games. It'd be comical.

and randomly thinkin, eric just kinda called everybody out in ggac, so ima have to bring that up here next time to give people the business.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
mm I'm down for teams.

And wow, I didn't know eric played ggac. I'd like to see those matches.

Rayku

Smash Lord
"We still ended up with more people than expected, and then Bears Are Scary came down and won both the Brawl and Melee which was surprising."

Let's have somewhat of an attendance this time.

I'm a hypocrite, though, because I most likely won't be at this tournament this time around.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
yea come on guys if i'm winning tournaments something is wrong

also i wanna make this next one pretty bad
even though turnout was poor this weekend i still had a good time
good **** to falco who trains vs cpu and took a bunch of matches off me
and props to (brawl) bowser player who is stuck and can never come to atl to play tournaments ouch

any carpools getting arranged? count me innnn

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
And wow, I didn't know eric played ggac. I'd like to see those matches.
That's what he says.

I need to take my copy up there one day and give him a cup of SIX-PAWNCH!!!

With a side of lameloop.

I'll be so mad if he plays like, ky or something I cant lameloop to oblivion. He probably plays like.... chipp, sol, or anybody else who would fit the description of "the most badass maaf**ker in the game"

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
Just to let everyone know, there will be pizza on sale for a dollar a slice or a whole pizza (10 slices) for eight dollars for lunch at the event. If pizza isn't your thing there is Chick-Fil-A right in front of the store, Wendy's right across the street and Checkers Eye distance away. There are also numerous other resterants in the area that are easy to get to. We are working on getting discounts for any people participating in the tournament. There will be a half an hour break at 2:00 in order for people to get food but you do not have to get food during this break. Just talk to us and we can work something out. Hope to see you all there!

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
I have come to the conclusion that my parents are not close to as awesome as my girlfriend about going to tournaments (surprise! parents don't like video games...)

And, as am I forced to live in their house for the next two weeks before school starts (as my girl is in China....), my ability to attend this becomes ever lessened.....

I will try my best, I might be out of this one :/

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
Hey, if you can come come. If not that's cool. Maybe on the 12th of September. We're going to try some new things to attract attention and get a few more people interested.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
i can defintly make the 12th of september, but sadly this week is my last week of work and it falls under the date. Ill try to help get people to come on the 12th

iPhaze

Smash Rookie
oh lawd i need to know if i can get a ride plzkthx...i live in mcdonough <.< pretty much the middle of nowhere...would love to get to this

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Anybody want to give me a ride?

I haz gas monies...

Also, when do you guys close?

If I can get a ride, I'll come.

Although money johns might prevent me from entering the tourney, I'll hang around and play friendlies.

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
I'm from MD/VA and visiting GA for the weekend. Anyone willing to come to Fayetteville, GA to pick me up? I'm willing to pay $20 for the ride. Also I need a teammate. Preferably someone experience with alot of match-ups. I use MK.

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
Where do ya'll need rides from? Also, we had some trouble with some of the setups so I just want to remind people that bringing a setup exempts you from venue.

iPhaze

Smash Rookie
i need a ride from mcdonough...if i could get a ride, i would need to stop by the bank to get some cash :/

Rayku

Smash Lord
I need a ride to this, and I really want to go.

Edit: I can only afford about $20 for gas. It's all I've got

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's a good thing I caught this. I can come to this. <3

I'll bring a Wii and Brawl.

Top Bottom