• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**GOTM's Tournament** -- South Jersey -- September 5th, 2009 -- MELEE Only!

GOTM

Smash Champion
AiB Link : http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6846

Date

Saturday
September 5th, 2009

Venue

Cape May County Library
2050 Route 631
Petersburg, NJ 08270

I'm going to try and get some pictures of the venue. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks at least for this though until I go home again.

Here I made a little map of the venue and some of the places to eat around the venue. There's not much but it's enough.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?sour...899952907763519423.00047180e649f350b872f&z=13

My Contact Info

Phone : 609-226-7669
AIM : gotmssbm

Contact me if your running late, etc. If you don't I'm starting everything as scheduled and might not even be able to squeeze you in, and even if I do, your getting a ****ty bracket, and I could care less.

More Location Information

It's like 10 minutes outside of Ocean City, that should give everyone a good idea. It's also like a little over an hour from Philly and about the same from Central Jersey no matter where you coming from (maybe 1.5 hours). No johns from north Jersey or NY it still ain't that far compared to some others.

Venue Information

• Conference Room at my local library.
  • Lady said it fits 50 people comfortably, meaning us smashers can make this 100, haha.
  • Comes with 36 chairs, some tables, and outlets.
  • Room has its own bathroom, and mini kitchen? lol
  • Not connected directly to the library so don't have to be quiet.
  • Library closes at 4:30 but she said we can stay there and lock up when we leave. I told her possibly until after 9pm and she had no problem with it, that's 12 hours at minimum.
  • Huge parking lot.
  • Wawa and other small food places 5 minutes away.
  • They have had other game tournaments in there before without problems.
  • Eggm everytime I've been there they've had the A/C on.
  • These could be recurring, if it goes well. They like me as of right now and will rent the room out to me if things run smooth.
  • IT'S FREE!

Extra Venue Information

It is still a library. They are going to advertise it a little to the kids and stuff that come in. Refrain from like excessive cursing and stuff, you know what I mean. It can be fun without being ridiculous. We don't have to be too quiet but theres no point in being ridiculously crazy either. Remember we want them to want us back, this place is really convenient, and once again, FREE!

Entry Information

Doubles - $10/person, $20/team
Singles - $10/person

Payout

I'll pay out more than top 3 if we get enough people. I don't want to make any promises yet though. This all depends on how many people show up the day of. Same goes for teams.

Schedule

Alright guys, we have this venue from like 9am - 10pm. I want to try and get through everything as fast as possible and if everything is done by like 9, I want people to try and leave so we make a good impression for next time. Here's the schedule:

10am - 12pm : Friendlies and Doubles Registration
12pm - 3pm : Doubles Tournament
3pm - 7pm : Singles Tournament
7pm - 10pm : Draft Crews (time permitting)

Towards the end of doubles or whenever you have time, feel free to sign up for singles so we don't have to set aside time just for people to pay for singles, that would be a waste. If we're going to do draft crews, once again we'll start setting this up during the end of singles.

Setups

Guys, I'm bringing 2 TV's and a Wii. WE NEED FULL SETUPS! If you can bring a TV bring it. I want to have like 10 setups at this thing, at least. Bring everything you can, no matter what. Surge protectors, TV's, cubes/wii's, copies of smash, everything. Please.

TV's
1. GOTM (x2)
2. ChiboSempai (x2)
3. Scar (x3)
4. Pakman (x1)
5. Yes! (x1)
6. JFox (x1)
7. Vex (x1)

Total : 11

Who's Coming

Already got interest/confirmation from a lot of people including:

Scar
Cactuar
ChiboSempai
AztecKing
UltimaScout
Eggm
AlexanderTriad
Rogue Pit
Will
UltimoDragon
Talwind
Tensai
Xzax
Prog
MexiMadnez
WingZero
Dr. Flizz
CanISmash
Toushi
MattDotZeb
.com
Reno
skyheart
Pakman
JFox
LOLMaster
Dot Eater
Teczero
RoyKid
Ryoko
Mogwai
Woj
Sheik
Spam_arrows
ChRed2AKrisp
Yes!
EmuKiller
ETWIST51294
ChivalRuse
Alukard
Ame
Crismas
Eazy
Velocity
G$
Arrogant
Jman
Hax
Milos
Bean
Vex Kasrani

And I'm sure the rest of Philly and South Jersey are interested too. NY? NJ? DE? Hype this up!

Tournament Name

I hate acronyms for tournaments, I think they are ********, so these are called GOTM's tournaments. I like it ;) Also, Scar is really good at running tournaments, and he'll probably help me out, but, I'm meaner and colder hearted then Scar when I'm mad, so I won't tolerate you not listening to me. This will run smooth, I guarantee it.

P.S. If anyone records and just wants to transfer there vid files to me day of, I'll get them on Youtube ASAP, and I mean fast. I have a boring job and boring classes so I have nothing better to do lol.

Rules

Basic rules are the same. I doubt anyone needs to hear them but if you do just ask me.

--Banning/Striking rules--
I like how it used to be, and I don't care if the game has progressed, lol. You each ban one stage (neutral or counterpick) and it can't be played for the set. That simple.

Wobbling is banned. Not even up to a certain percent, just flat out banned. You should not be allowed to press one button and do things, I'm sorry. They have other infinites that require more skill, use them instead.

Also, DK64 (I like it) is going to be neutral.

ANYMORE QUESTIONS POST HERE OR ASK ME.

GOTM

Smash Champion
we're team wolfpack

you haven't seen the hangover, noob

also, mattdotzeb needs a ride from philly to the venue in the morning and then back after the tourney.

scar? pakman? anyone else?

Dotcom

Smash Lord
never thought i'd see the day GOTm did something.
i will be there.
and you will let me call stuff out!
lol i just thought of a good oxymoron.
.com in a library. (libraries are supposed to be silent!)

GOTM

Smash Champion
.com you wont have to call stuff out, wont be nearly as big as cot4. also, i dont know you might be TOO loud, lol.

but good to see your comin. awesome

skyheart

Smash Lord
i might as well go, i don't go anywhere hahaha

i actually enjoy settings of low decibels

i also miss you gotm whether you want me to or not mmmmm oh bra

make sure there's 1 or 2 friendly tvs, and place importance on draft crews more than anything else ^.^

try to keep d1ckheads out like ones that yell at you when you are ****** them ^.^

scar should know what im talking about

bye for meow

GOTM

Smash Champion
i was told by scar that your not lol master, but you have to be, lol.

but yeah come. if i can get enough tv's / the amount of ppl is right, ill have designated friendly tv's. but freakin 9am-12pm is ALL friendlies, lol, so just show up early to warm up, that easy.

once each tourney gets underway and about half way through though friendly tv's will open up anyway cuz they wont be in tournament use, but ill kick you off if i have to, no one gets priority. ill shut off a $50 MM, last hit, between the two best players there, i have no remorse :)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I'm in and I will drive peoples.

you guys suck

<form>
<input type="button" value="Does GOTM blow?" onclick="alert('Yeah he blows almost as much as Scar.')" style="display:none" />
</form>

GOTM

Smash Champion
good **** pakman. can any tv's fit in your trunk assuming you wont have room in your car cuz of other ppl?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
<form>
<input type="button" value="Does GOTM blow?" onclick="alert('Yeah he blows almost as much as Scar.')" />
</form>
LMAO
I wonder....
<form>
<input type="button" value="Can we do this?" onclick="alert('Oh snap yes.')" />
</form>

Edit:
I'm sad now.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
<FORM>
<input type="button" value="This Button Will Change You" onclick="var doc = document.getElementsByTagName('img'); for (var i = 0; i < doc.length; i++){ if (doc.src.indexOf('avatar') > 0) {doc.src='http://www.smashboards.com/customavatars/avatar18563_9.gif';}}" />

<input type="button" value="Don't Click This" onclick="var divs = document.getElementsByTagName('div'); for (var i = 0; i < divs.length; i++){ if (divs.id.indexOf('ost_message') > 0) {divs.innerHTML = 'Pakman is the coolest, sexiest smasher.'}}"/>
</FORM>

JFox

Smash Hero
Yo GOTM, since we all know chibo is going to last minute decide to bail on this tourney and go on some ridiculous family vacation to who knows where.... we should team :)

GOTM

Smash Champion
**** penn state is too far =/

these buttons are hilarious, lol.

@jfox - if chibo somehow comes to me and says hes not going, ill be looking for another teammate probably so if your still available then, lol. but as of now hes my partner

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
**** penn state is too far =/

these buttons are hilarious, lol.

@jfox - if chibo somehow comes to me and says hes not going, ill be looking for another teammate probably so if your still available then, lol. but as of now hes my partner
:( Trust me Penn State is worth it great food/bars mad chill people to hangout with. People def need to come up next year

TheLake

Smash Master
Penn state is the bloody ****

Ma bro goes there (:

BUT ATTENTION COOL FOLKS WHOM I MISS

GO TO SMASHTASTROPHE 3 THIS WEEKEND!!!!

ITS GONNA BE LEGIT!

ICE CREAM!

LADIES!

RAVES!

oh and smash

COOOOME N GET M!!!

GOTM

Smash Champion
:( Trust me Penn State is worth it great food/bars mad chill people to hangout with. People def need to come up next year
honestly, that was probably the best thing you could have said to make me wanna come up there, lol. but it still might be too far. my friend transfered from there though (not cuz of the school), and he said it was awesome as hell.

if i ever get a chance to though ill come up there

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
honestly, that was probably the best thing you could have said to make me wanna come up there, lol. but it still might be too far. my friend transfered from there though (not cuz of the school), and he said it was awesome as hell.

if i ever get a chance to though ill come up there
Sweet I know Pakman and Scar told me they would try to come up so maybe you would be able to come with them. Are you gonna have these tourneys a few times we may bus to one let me know.

Penn state is the bloody ****

Ma bro goes there (:

BUT ATTENTION COOL FOLKS WHOM I MISS

GO TO SMASHTASTROPHE 3 THIS WEEKEND!!!!

ITS GONNA BE LEGIT!

ICE CREAM!

LADIES!

RAVES!

oh and smash

COOOOME N GET M!!!
Does your bro play smash always looking for new people to play also I wish I could come to Smashtastrophe but ironically my sister who lives in Pittsburgh is coming to visit this weekend.

Top Bottom