• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl PR[{(()[{}{}}}{December 13th, 2011]BETTER THAN BC{}{})){))))((8======3

Alphicans

Smash Hero
THE OFFICIAL ALBERTA BRAWL POWER RANKINGS​

blah, blah, blah whoever read this before I salute thee. So with that said me and some other people (Some other people and I, Jesus Luke learn gramm0r) decided that it was time to get the brawl PR started up again, so here we go. FOR REAL THIS TIME

- Criteria -

- Tournament Placing: Tournament matches countt, screw friendlies and smashfests

- Activity: Go to tournaments. Miss 1 you lose 4 rankings, hehe. No butt johns, or you'll be ASSking for it.

- The word of good/known players:WE don't have good players in AB, so this doesn't rly count

- Miscellaneous stuff:This entire section was Lulz before.

And now for the list. The list was made by Frio, KillL0ck and I, and was easily agreed upon.

1. Alphicans

2. KillL0ck

3. Fiji

Previous list:

Who gives a ****?

Keep in mind this list will be subject to change regularly due to tournaments. It will probably change a great deal after every update (about every two tournaments) so be sure to subscribe and keep up with the thread.

Also no flaming the list. If you think you should be placed higher, show us at the next tournament. There is no debating tournament placement, and that's final.

Remember the whole point of this list is to stimulate competition in Alberta, and also to keep it going. I hope this list inspires some of you to get better. I do not want this to be a big deal though. Most of us are friendly to each other, so lets keep it that way; there is no reason to hate each other over this PR.

No *****ing
No moaning
That is all.

Updates:

- July 28th/09: took Frio off the list and added age as the new 10th spot
- August 4th/09: Completely changed the list based off of SK3 results.
- September 30th/09: Another big update including three tournaments (SK4, Apoc, SK5)
- November 29th/09: New list plus new image (again)
- February 1st/10: Updated list + new image.
- March 17th/10: New list + new image.
- June 16th/10: New list (3 tournaments worth of results). No Image
- September 15th/10: New lits and image
- February 10th/11: New List
- June 1st/11: New List + New image, also made it a top8
- August 16th/11: New list + New image, but to top10
- December 13th/11

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Cool. lol.
Doesn't Dan use both Snake and Falco?

Anyways, that's cool. Do you wanna help me with a melee pr sometime?

Also, TBH, Age should be up there or at least be honorably mentioned cause he ***** pretty freaking hard.

Also, it's KillL0ck not Kill0ck. :3

T-block

B2B TST
It's so diverse... I love it. Some of us were talking about doing top 15...encourages some of the lower players to try harder to compete for those spots, since there's a bit of a gap after the top 10ish.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I was split between Age and Colin, because Age impressed me for coming out of nowhere. And in the first friendly we had, he 2-stocked my Sonic with his Zelda. Not to be tooting horns about the matches afterwards, but it was still impressive and he brings characters to the table that help him place as he did. Honorable mention could be a good plan.

Dan uses both Snake and Falco, yeah. But then again, Dan using Falco is like me using Meta Knight in Singles. It's very rare, and is hardly worth mentioning lately. Tough call, but Colin's been around longer. The more we see of Age though, and if he performs the way he has been, if not better, then we'll be seeing him recognized further yet.

^^ I'll have a banner for the PR when I come back from Hawaii.

[EDIT]

A top 15 seems a little much, in my opinion, Mike. But Victor's idea of an honorable mention seems good as well. That or a "Potential" list, if anything. Just to give it a cool title of players that are around and have what it takes to place if they stick around.

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
1.superboom
2.killock
3.firefly
4.alphicans
5.t-block
6.frio
7.kauraudo
8.colin
9.pitch/dtp
10.pitch/dtp

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
An "Up & Comers" list is usually only necessary if there are 3-5 players that are competing for the number 10 spot on the PR. If you guys feel that competition is that close, I suggest you put it in. It doesn't have to be in order.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Good list, and I pretty much agree with everything that's been said about Age. In my mind, him and Colin are pretty much on equal ground, but that's where the consistancy factor comes into play. Considering this was his first tournament, he deserves an honourable mention, along with probably a few others.

I really wish I could make it to Sou Kawaii this week. I'll probably drop a couple spots as a result. I'll just have to make up for it at the August monthlies. B|

Edit: lol @ Moe putting me above Luke. Not likely.

:005:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Pitch wasn't at ADAT2, but we're respecting his placing at Sou Kawaii 2 which was recent as well. In the rough draft of the PR, he was 4th, but as he doesn't play and others do, he goes down. But we couldn't just outright drop him from the rankings, because he missed one tourney. If he misses Sou Kawaii 3, however, he'll probably be gone for now.

Otherwise now that I think about it, if it weren't for Pitch being there on the list for now, T-Block would be 7th place, with DTP behind him, then Colin, then Pitch. I wanted Pitch at 10th on the list until he comes back for the next tournament and if he places high, he goes up again.

Can't satisfy everyone though, right?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
So much truth in the above 2 posts (Alphican and DMK, in case anybody sneaks in). I've never beaten Luke (or anybody above him, for that matter) in a tournament set (with the exception of the set I won in low tier grand finals before he took me out in the second set). Even in friendlies, I think I MIGHT have beaten Jack in a single match, but he was most likely sandbagging anyway. There is literally no reason whatsoever why I should be placed above him.

And yes, the character diversity here is a thing of beauty. <3

Frio

Smash Champion
I really wish I could make it to Sou Kawaii this week. I'll probably drop a couple spots as a result. I'll just have to make up for it at the August monthlies.
[/QUOTE]

We're never going to VS are we =_=

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
At the August monthlies, we should both arrive as soon as the place opens, get a TV running, and do like, a MM or something before anything else happens, just to make sure we don't forget. Or maybe somebody could hold a Brawlfest before then that I could actually attend. ;-;

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I expect to be up on there after I take 1st this weekend...
QFT

Who would we include? I didn't notice Kosk's placement, but would he even qualify?
me > kosk he's nub lol
I was thinking for future reference if any BCers (like the 1 to 5 that exist) ever want some competition, then this is where they come for it.
Hence the whole purpose of a WC Brawl PR based out of Alberta.

But you know, but stupid, it's all good (meant in a joking funny way btw haha that sounded kinda harsh)

get ***** WC PR
fixed

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
If a full WC PR was implemented, you can bet Sask would come to and/or host as many Brawl tournies as possible.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well the whole idea of making this was to make that list easier to make. People like clouderz and kosk, and some of you sask guys could make it onto that list, but I think the majority of people on that list will be from AB anyways.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
the majority of people on that list will be from AB anyways.
And the few from BC/sask could come to Alberta lots to be ranked/get groups together to travel/smash/community grow.

That's the whole point lol

WC Brawl PR so far is more accurate.

Brawl + PR is even more accurate.

1. Dynamism
2 - 10. Victra

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
its about ppl not knowing how to fight falco, once alberta figures it out ppl will see what i mean. cause honestly u guys are like a year behind, other than Dan of course.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I hope you're being sarcastic. =3 I honestly don't see why you would think that. It there a legitimate reason why you think I > Luke, or are people just badgering him again? Because either way, I call BS. =]

Edit: Intercepted by Moe. =[ This still stands though.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Jake is really, really good. But Luke is definitely better. Luke has placed 3rd or 2nd in every single tourney in the region in Brawl up until now from the beginning of the year (and he would've gotten 3rd but Moe came in to make him get 4th). IIRC Luke even took a set off Dan at TS3, but don't quote me on that. Luke is overall a more solid player, I think. He's able to just generally play better, and although I would say Jake looks more consistent, Luke just seems to hold it together a bit better in real tournament matches.

If people "don't know how to play Falco", then that's how our region plays. The PR created is based off how well players play and rank in tournaments / MMs across our specific region, not your region. If people start realizing how Falco plays and they start placing better, then THAT'S where Luke should start dropping, but until then, Luke both places higher and he plays better against mostly everybody here (as far as I know).

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
1.superboom
2.killock
3.firefly
4.alphicans
5.t-block
6.frio
7.kauraudo
8.colin
9.pitch/dtp
10.pitch/dtp
lol
Did you even see me brawl?
Did WE even brawl?

I'm surprised you even put me up there xD

1 Superboom :snake:
2 KillL0ck :marth:
3 Alphicans :falco:/:gw:
4 Frio :pikachu2:
5 Firefly :yoshi2:
6 Kuraudo :sonic:/:dedede:/:metaknight:
7 Pitch :zerosuitsamus:
8 DTP :peach:/:kirby2:
9 T-block :pt:
10 Colin :ness2:
I'll have to try and crack the top 5 at least. I think I can do it

:evil:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I didn't take a set off of him TS3, I beat him winners finals at Sou Kawaii. Then he went falco in grand finals, and that's how he beats me. And honestly Moe I played 1 game vs your MK, on melee day. I mean like no johns I suppose, but honestly >_>. Although I remember solidly beating your snake.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I think you guys forget that pitch took out frio and t-block at sou kawaii 2.

also I think I'm inexperienced vs mk and diddy mostly

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I need to learn to fight Snake properly. 'Cause wtf I fight you all the time.

I also took out Firefly and Pitch at Sou Kawaii 2. Using Meta Knight and King Dedede, but the days of relying on them constantly are past me, I believe.

Luke should take MK and D3 off where I use him. I don't use them in singles enough anymore since I'm starting fresh from ADAT2. I only used Meta Knight once and only once during the tournament of Singles. Against DTP's Peach. Every other time I went all Sonic.

I know I used Mk and D3 at Sou Kawaii 2, but that's behind me too. :p C'mon, you put Dan as Snake only yet he'll use Falco on rare occassions. It makes me look more awesome to put just Sonic. <3

At the airport right now in Seattle because my flight was delayed until 1 AM tomorrow. Gaaaaay.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
He missed ADAT2. If he can do what he did again at SK3 then he'll probably take mark's spot, but I don't see that happening personally. Brandon lol. You ashamed?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Not of my placing at Sou Kawaii. :3 More or less ashamed that I didn't do it with mostly Sonic.

Oh well. Things change. Like at ADAT2. ...****in' Meta Knight.

Top Bottom