• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/20 Syracuse Smash Tourney!!! Get Your Spot Now!

Kantō

Smash Champion
PLEASE PM ME OR POST FOR YOUR SPOT ON THE ATTENDANCE LIST ASAP!!!

Okay Guys here it is:

THE SYRACUSE SMASH TOURNAMENT

date: September 20

place: UAW union hall
714 W Manlius St
East Syracuse, NY 13057

Fee:
$10 venue fee
$10 singles
$20 doubles

sign-up times: 11am-1pm

game times:

Melee (singles then doubles) - 2 pm - 4 pm

Brawl ( singles then doubles) - 5 pm - 7 pm

Prizes - 7 :30 ( raffle prizes will be drawn as well for anyone to win )

Rules:

double elimination

3 Stock (brawl)
4 stock (melee)

8 minute timer

Items are set to "off" and "none"

All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 "finals" matches)

In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag.
Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stalling is banned.

Stages: Brawl

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1

Stages : melee

Neutral:

Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only)
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

counterpicks:

Pokefloats
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Mute City (Singles Only)
Brinstar
Green Greens
Corneria

ATTENDANCE LIST - PM ME OR POST FOR YOUR SPOT ON LIST
(confirmed players attending)

1.bry
2. Al
3. Scott
4. Dan
5. Magoo
6. King
7. Jimmy
8. Vic
9. Mook
10. Caits
11. Carl
12. Jamo
13. Steven
14. KC
15. Slodki
16. Dean
17. Paul
18. Lenca
19. Olyn
20. altairian
21. 1337-zero
22. pikapika!
23. xxx
24. cura
25. Eevee
26. the manalord
27. O.M.R
28. Zeldaspaz
29. 1337's friend
30. d.a. Kid
31. hubble
32. TjR!0
33. andyisjudo
34. JesiahTEG
35. booza
36. X-O
37. snowman
38. sharky
39. San
40. dudutsai
41. Tao
42. Artery_clogger
43. CJTHeroofTime
44. Pr_I_me

PLEASE BRING WIIS, GAMECUBES, TVS IF YOU CAN!!

Setup tally:

Kyle- 5 gamestop Wiis

bry - 1 wii, 1 GC , 3 TV's
Al - 2 TV's ,
Scott - 1 wii , 1 TV
Dan = 1 wii
Steve - 1 wii, 1 TV
Carl - 1 wii , 1 GC
Gaia - 1 TV, Recording setup/Live stream , 1 Wii
da KID - 1 TV , 1 wii , 1 GC
altairian - 1 TV, 1wii
1337- 1 TV, ! wii, 1 melee
Erkekjetter - 1 TV, 1 GC, 1 melee
CJTHeroofTime - Melee mem. card, power strips, 1 Wii
artery_clogger - 1 TV, 1 GC, 1 melee
Pr_I_me - 1 Wii

ALSO I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING LOST/STOLEN/BROKEN ( watch your things/ label them and be careful)

CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!

my number in case any of you get lost on your way here- 315-480-8048

Link to AiB thread - http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=106377

results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249568

Kantō

Smash Champion
nice, let me know if ya want a spot on the list and/or your friends, how was your tourney?

TP

Smash Master
Brawl ( singles then doubles) - 5 pm - 7 pm

double elimination
Good luck with that. A set takes 20 minutes total, including making your controls and stuff. In a 16 man double elim tourney, one guy can play as many as 9 sets, which would take him well more than 2 hours, and that's ignoring everyone else.

:034:

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
I'll definitely try to come to this. About an 80% chance of me making it.

You already have 20 people coming O_O'. Nice.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Pika dittos rematch? =)
Heck Yes! Those matches were really fun.

I probably wont recover on the opposite side of Smashville again though:laugh:

I'll check every now and then for schedule changes, because I'm only participating in Brawl Singles.
Norfair isn't a CP...:cry:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You can probably put me, Pikapika!, and XXX on the list for this...

you can also put us down for all of the money placings for this even as welll

also, is singles and doubles 10 bucks apiece per game? thats a lot of money...

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
dag cant go to this yet. once the school year starts up i can. do you syracuse guys know freddyp?/ if he is still at syracuse? last i knew he was grad schooling but i think hes done now =-(

hubble

Smash Ace
dag cant go to this yet. once the school year starts up i can. do you syracuse guys know freddyp?/ if he is still at syracuse? last i knew he was grad schooling but i think hes done now =-(
This is september 20th dude, you should be in the area by then.

Come with Rob and I?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
two things i feel I should note

I dont know if pikapika has ever been here before, But I have not, so if you (bry) could put your phone number inthe first post or something that would be great. Its customary for most tourneys that Ive seen, so people like me that get lost easily can call you if we dont know where we are, and since you (hopefully) know the area you can direct us.

you and marth126 should both have blue names since you are both officially tournament organisers now.

altairian

Smash Lord
lol when I went to marth's tourney last weekend I totally forgot I had his number and I just wandered around the campus till I found someone I could ask for directions >_>

TomToms are amazing though and I can't begin to describe how fantastic an investment (of a christmas present) it was.

hubble

Smash Ace
Haha, my car went to buffalo with no gps and no directions.

Getting lost lulz were had, phone numbers mean a lot!

Kantō

Smash Champion
hey guys dont worry about getting lost ! i will post my number in the first post for you guys

keep letting me know about some more confirmed players that will be attending too!

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Lol, my friend mentioned wanting to come to this. Just put him down as "1337's friend", I don't think he has a tag. He might just pay venue so he can participate in friendles.

Kantō

Smash Champion
okay, i can put down his real name if ya want most of my friends and myself (obviously) use our real names but ill put that for now

altairian

Smash Lord
Is there a certain time that we'll have to be out of the venue? With 30+ people you're probably going to run over the scheduled times you've got listed right now.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Is there a certain time that we'll have to be out of the venue? With 30+ people you're probably going to run over the scheduled times you've got listed right now.
He said all times are subject to change. They're really just there as a guideline.

I'm gonna say it right now. I am going to win this. I'm gonna beat the Rochester guys I never beat (which is like, all of them), I'm gonna beat the Syracusean smashers that I didn't even realize existed (where have you guys been hiding?), and I'm gonna do it with the 9th worst character in Brawl. I've got a month to practice. If I lose this tourney, I suck even more than I already do.

It's on. Prepare yourselves. 1337-Zero's unleashing his PK Fury.:laugh:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Is that what you named the ultra attack in earthbound? pk fury?

30 people eh?

this should be a good payday for me...

Kantō

Smash Champion
haha im loving your guys attitude about this! everyone will be trying there best and this will be an awesome tourney , i cant wait everybody !

hey d.a. kid, i tried to get my tournament organizer status, but no one has done this for me? does it take a while?

Kantō

Smash Champion
haha just remember guys that the main point of all of this is to have fun, even if you get stomped in the first round lol

and no i wont stop doing this after this one, with all the feedback of my first tourney, i will want to do this much more often and help the smash community grow

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
bry, as you can see, i dont have a blue name so the fact of the matter is that I really dont know how the process works.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If you arent doing anything tommorrow, im having a smashfest at my house.

yes i know its last minute, and yes i know you live madd far away, and yes i nkwo that you proly wont make it but i thought i should invite you anyway. im gonna link the thread here in a lil bit

altairian

Smash Lord
He said all times are subject to change. They're really just there as a guideline.

I'm gonna say it right now. I am going to win this. I'm gonna beat the Rochester guys I never beat (which is like, all of them), I'm gonna beat the Syracusean smashers that I didn't even realize existed (where have you guys been hiding?), and I'm gonna do it with the 9th worst character in Brawl. I've got a month to practice. If I lose this tourney, I suck even more than I already do.

It's on. Prepare yourselves. 1337-Zero's unleashing his PK Fury.:laugh:
Oh yeah I know the schedule can be altered, my concern was the venue expecting us to be out at a certain time and us not being able to meet that time. (At taste of buffalo 2 we were supposed to be out at 8 and ended up going a little over, it wasn't a big deal then, but some venues might be really strict about time limits)

Top Bottom