• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
The main reason is that it is private and isn't supposed to be public. That's why it isn't ok to take from Project M and use our work as part of yours.

shanus

Smash Hero
Personally I see nothing wrong with using someone else's work as long as you give credit. If you're doing a project for school and you quote a book, do you need to contract the book's author to see if you can quote the book? No, you give credit, and then it isn't plagiarism. I don't see why if you give credit it's a big deal. How are hacks different? If someone is legitimately stealing the credit for the hack, I can understand, but if you use someone else's hack or part of someone else's hack as a base for one of yours I see no reason why you should be accused of plagiarism so long as you credit the person who made the original hack.
That's like if I handed in someone else's PhD thesis with my name and theirs and claiming I contributed. Plagiarism is frowned upon for a reason.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There's also the part where it isn't yours in the first place.
While it's not a legal obligation in this particular case, you're obligated under section 5 of Not Being A Douchebag to not steal other people's work, regardless of the context.
And since we haven't given you permission to use it, and the work is not public and so you shouldn't have it in the first place, you should really just not.

Roo525

Smash Ace
ZOMG STRONG BAD!!
Say-a holy-a crap-a!!

The Good Animators here are: DarkDragoon, Roo525, ds22, AceSe3don, AGFan and BigSharkZ.
:awesome:

Also, leave him alone about the english thing. The fact that he's not even english to begin with, should give you a good reason to feel like a jerk. :glare:

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I'm not sure why AGFanProduction capitalizes so many words, but other than that there's really no big problem with his English. (I still don't condone taking stuff without permission, though.)

Miacis

Smash Rookie
Personally I see nothing wrong with using someone else's work as long as you give credit. If you're doing a project for school and you quote a book, do you need to contract the book's author to see if you can quote the book? No, you give credit, and then it isn't plagiarism. I don't see why if you give credit it's a big deal. How are hacks different? If someone is legitimately stealing the credit for the hack, I can understand, but if you use someone else's hack or part of someone else's hack as a base for one of yours I see no reason why you should be accused of plagiarism so long as you credit the person who made the original hack.
How about you put it that way (which is, in the right context) :
I take this picture, print it, use a technique called "tracing", then recolor it using other parts of CulpeoFox's work.
I post it in my DeviantArt gallery. Oh, and I actually fill said gallery with such works. Credit or not, that's plain and simple plagiarism. Because people assume that what's in your gallery is done 70%-100% by you. And BrawlVault, just like our boards, act like galleries.

Worse would be to actually use something that's meant to stay private, (he distributed a part of the leaked project).
Even worse would be to have kept said gallery with absolutely no credits whatsoever until someone had to ask him very firmly.

So after a while, our patience grows thin, and we start finding it much less amusing to see that the guy who went with so many irrespectuous ways suddenly decides to teach us how credits should be given.

Roo525

Smash Ace
How about you put it that way (which is, in the right context) :
I take this picture, print it, use a technique called "tracing", then recolor it using other parts of CulpeoFox's work.
I post it in my DeviantArt gallery. Oh, and I actually fill said gallery with such works. Credit or not, that's plain and simple plagiarism. Because people assume that what's in your gallery is done 70%-100% by you. And BrawlVault, just like our boards, act like galleries.

Worse would be to actually use something that's meant to stay private, (he distributed a part of the leaked project).
Even worse would be to have kept said gallery with absolutely no credits whatsoever until someone had to ask him very firmly.

So after a while, our patience grows thin, and we start finding it much less amusing to see that the guy who went with so many irrespectuous ways suddenly decides to teach us how credits should be given.
All this over a stupid hack that

A) Doesn't even exist anymore

And

B) The original wouldn't have been released for MONTHS in the first place...

draco494

Smash Rookie
Is it possible that this back and forth be moved to a more...relevant place?
The guy made a comment and everyone who he was talking to felt the need to defend themselves and their actions (which i'll say is neither right or wrong), and by all means defend and debate all you want.

However,
This is a thread about what appears to be the original Mewtwo hack that seems to be dead in the water. Let this thread be/stay about that Mewtwo hack.

If you have something to say that's not related to the development of Mewtwo outside of P:M's Mewtwo cause they're really touchy about their work which is understandable, please...
Find somewhere else to talk about it...

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
@Shanus and Miacis

I never said that I condoned stealing others' work or not giving them credit. Taking credit for what isn't yours as any decent person knows is wrong. I'm not defending AGFanProduction, but I'm not throwing him to the wolves either since I don't know the whole story. I'm saying that if you use a hack and say recolor it and say, "Original model credit to blank" I see nothing wrong with posting that on the BrawlVault. That's what you would do with a quote from a book, that's what you should do with hacks. Stealing is wrong, period, but making a derivative work and giving credit where it's due isn't.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Roo525 how is Mewtwo Going on?
It's Goings on!! :D

Uhh I'm trying to replicate his wait1 animation from melee, and I'm making good progress. I'm altering all his animations to work with this new wait1, and also making them work with Nulled Sholder bones, so we dont have the spikey sholder glitch.

I'm also fixing his up-throw, heavyhold, and some other stuff.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Have you guys been able to make M2 hold items in front of him like in melee? Also, make his attack that uses the fan just like melee, including the beam sword animation. :D

Roo525

Smash Ace
Gawd Request city!! D:

Listen, If somebody could record all of mewtwo's animations from melee for me, I would be able to get this done a TON quicker.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
And this is why the Brawlvault is filled with useless mspaint textures and recolours. :glare:
Yes, and then you actually have the quality redos and models derived from other models. I'm not saying it's a good thing to post a 5 second MS Paint scribble on the BrawlVault, I'm saying it's tolerable. It's like an idiot quoting Shakespeare in one sentence of his five sentence ACT essay. It may be a piece of crap, but he still has a right to create it so long as he doesn't plagiarize. Anyway, what's been going on with P:M Mewtwo? Has anyone heard anything from DarkDragoon recently?

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman

@JediKnightTemplar
Nope.

Have you guys been able to make M2 hold items in front of him like in melee? Also, make his attack that uses the fan just like melee, including the beam sword animation. :D
He already Hold them Items like he did Melee 'Thanks to Ace' :D
The run-Sword animation was already Fixed by KingJigglypuff but The Normal Item (Fan, Sword) Need to be Created.

KingJigglypuff is Good making Animations and Fixing them, he could give you a hand but I cannot talk to him in KC-MM, I cannot access to my Personal Messages :S
He want to make New Fixed PSA work in the Latest Mewtwo PSA.
I will remove the annoying sound effects when It get done. ;D

It's caused by certain bones being renamed. I'll upload the working model in a few hours. I'm still in school... >_>
YAYYYY :D Is this the new model with the imported tail bones? Or does that one require a new Fitmotion?

My interest in this project has led me to try my hand at contributing a little more. I'm going to start working on the animation for a new Final Smash.

Roo525

Smash Ace
YAYYYY :D Is this the new model with the imported tail bones? Or does that one require a new Fitmotion?

My interest in this project has led me to try my hand at contributing a little more. I'm going to start working on the animation for a new Final Smash.
Aww no. D:
I still gotta ask DD for that. >_>
It should work under the same motionect though. Just edit animations accordingly. Plus, I'm already making the FS animations.

Also, after playing alot of melee, I have some suggestions for the PSA. First off, As I've mentioned before, THE SHIELD HAS TO BE SMALLER!! Also, His down-special has to have more starting lag, and alot less range.

Also, is it not possible for his side special, to force the opponent into their footstooled animation? This way, damage could be applied, and the opponent will hit the ground as well, while having the classic: "Spun around in the air" look. It probobly could have the opponent follow the ThrownN bone. Just a small edit the the animation could make this work. :D

Oh alright, if you're making the FS animation, then it makes sense for someone with more experience to attempt it.

And if I'm not mistaken, isn't shield size done in PSA? And that footstool idea is great. Or just have them go into their Screw Attack animation...

Roo525

Smash Ace
Oh alright, if you're making the FS animation, then it makes sense for someone with more experience to attempt it.

And if I'm not mistaken, isn't shield size done in PSA? And that footstool idea is great. Or just have them go into their Screw Attack animation...
Yeah, the sheild size is changed in PSA. The Screw attack wouldn't look quite right in my opinion. Although on second thought, maybe it would. XD
As long as the opponent is forced into their Beggining screw animation without any increase in height, and then put into the freefall screw animation.

I'm sure this is possible, but I' ve never made a PSA in my life so. :awesome:
But if you ask me, it looks like the current side-B is made from the old Phsyco cut, just with no effects and less range. >_>

Oh and thanks for letting me do the animation for the upcoming FS (After all, I made it, so not to be rude, but I probobly have a better Idea of what it should look like... >_>)

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Pretty sure that's what Ive been using. But how am I supposed to know whats current if nobody keeps the OP up to date...
Maybe a new thread is needed? After all, the OP hasn't been here in two months, so the project originally conceived is probably technically discontinued, and:

If the project is discontinued/locked and someone else wants to continue, ask a moderator to lock the old one, and the new project leader can make a new thread.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Maybe a new thread is needed? After all, the OP hasn't been here in two months, so the project originally conceived is probably technically discontinued, and:
This is kind of a weird reason, but there's too much stuff in here to see how far we've come in Brawl hacking to just toss this thread away (seriously, this was one of the first really good PSA's). It's not like the P:M thread which has just become utterly pointless, and there are things that go on here. I think that this thread could be revamped to just be a hub for Mewtwo projects given the multiple renditions being made. Someone should ask Segtendo about using his epic mod powers to make that happen. :awesome:

Roo525

Smash Ace
We just need a new OP'er is all. Where the heck is DD any-freaking-way? >_>
A new thread should be called for in my opinion. AGF would be good for it, becuase he's on often enough to update the original post with new updates such as PSA, models and animation.

AGFanProduction

Smash Journeyman
Well ....

We just need a new OP'er is all. Where the heck is DD any-freaking-way? >_>
A new thread should be called for in my opinion. AGF would be good for it, becuase he's on often enough to update the original post with new updates such as PSA, models and animation.

I am more ON here that in KC-MM, It should work better.

Well, I think that I am going to do it, Also I make a New first thread here on SmashBoards:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295510
about My Failed Melee Texture Showcase from KC-MM, I decide to start it here :S so well ... Its not finished yet, I will finish it tomorrow ....
Anyway one of the points from my showcase is Project Mewtwo v1.00 ...
but Maybe I will attempt to make a New Mewtwo Thread dedicated only for New Updates and talks about PSAs and Stuff, like this thread but More Updated and More New, this thread should be linked to my thread as the original if it Works
:S

I don't know which is your Opinion guys? :embarrass:
I have make a lot of threads already in KC-MM and everyone loves them :awesome:

Note: that thread should be here on Smashboards not in KC-MM.
because there is a lot of bad people in KC-MM that can make Official threads in ''Out of sense-topic threads''; posting offtopic comments and stuff (My Melee Thread is an example and it got locked to make it worse :urg:)

Edit: Thread Locked.
why those haters just come and F..k all my work? (GW, KTH)
I am not free on the Web or what?

Edit2:
On-topic - New Mewtwo Thread on work by Request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom