• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wisconsin Official Brawl Power Rankings!!

Sago

Smash Lord
THE OFFICIAL WISCONSIN BRAWL POWER RANKINGS

Mission Statement

To measure skill, reward skill development, inspire, and create a mindset in the Wisconsin Brawl scene that fosters growth for all players.

Position Criteria

* Tournament Performance

It's not about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated and who they lost to. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective performances over history and of recent times.

* Consistency of Results

If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.

* Competitiveness of Tournaments Participated In

It's great that you can win a local GameStop tournament, but if there's no good there, don't expect it to boost your ranking. Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either local or out of state regions) will be given greater weight.

Panelists:

* Sago
* Hunger
* Fade
* Fatboy
* Grimace
* Wafles

10/18/09 Wisconsin Power Rankings

Key:
Moved Up
Moved Down
Stayed the Same
Not on last list

1.) Bud the Flood :mario2: (Madison)

2.) Mundungu :diddy: (Madison)

3.) Ewok :rob: (Kaukauna)

4.) EighteenSpikes :marth: (Neenah)

5.) Bil :charizard: (Stevens Point)

6.) Black Hayate :luigi2: (Stevens Point..Plover, i like plover better its one word and i suck at english.)

7.) 5150(Daddy) :dedede: / :bowser2: (Beast Coast?)

8.) Dendy Pretendy :jigglypuff: (Pewaukee)

9.) MojoxCore :falco: (Madison)

10.) Ksizzle :metaknight: (kaukauna)

Honorable Mentions

Hunger

Grimace

Sago

Corbin Bleau

Legends of Old

Tapion :snake: / :pit:

Cosmo :gw:

KishSquared :bowser2:

Conclusion

Everyone get out and fight for those spots! I would love to see the community grow. Also i stole alot of this from the Kansas brawl rankings so please dont sue me :p

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
dude whatt I got 13th in singles/5th in teams at Articuno Confirmed For Brawl, WI's biggest brawl tourney. that should at least earn me an honorable mention :zerosuitsamus:

hunger!

Smash Champion
i dont play snake and have been placing with wario for quite some time =P

edit: i use diddy and d3 more than any other characters in tourney besides wario

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Every tournament I run from here on out, will/should count for this project. These tournaments are monthly, so hopefully people can rank up pretty quickly.

Maybe I could do a lil ranking for the other fighting games played that u guys enter...like for example: maybe for Naruto Rev 3 and Soul Calibur...OH AND OF COURSE FOR MELEE TOO!!!

Variety guys...that's what it's all about.

hunger!

Smash Champion
webster. you should make your tournies 10 dollar entry fee after this month if you're serious about getting oos people to come more often. people will travel more if they can earn more. i understand your local's have been supporting you with the 5 buck-a-roos but you'd get even more support if it was 10 from not only locals, but everyone.

edit: to make this PR thing even easier. AiB shows who beats who and what not. so you guys should really start making AiB stuff for everything. it's very organized =)

Wafles

Smash Lord
Webster, There's not really a true and true formula behind the power rankings I don't think, so yeah, your tournaments will count depending on their size and who shows up.

It's more about who places consistently high in tournaments, and who people beat at those tournaments to determine rankings.

Sago

Smash Lord
matty im not sure if your implying you should be higher?

webster all your tournaments will count twords my PR

infern i agree with you but wisconsin dosent <3

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
matty im not sure if your implying you should be higher?
Nope, surprised I'm mentioned period, considering I only went to one tourney and didn't do that well.

Sorry if I came off the wrong way haha. I'm flattered, really.

Quaz

Smash Master
I don't think any of you guys know though. Spikes actually has a very legit ZSS, may even be the best in the midwest...

...maybe even the best in the world

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
webster. you should make your tournies 10 dollar entry fee after this month if you're serious about getting oos people to come more often. people will travel more if they can earn more. i understand your local's have been supporting you with the 5 buck-a-roos but you'd get even more support if it was 10 from not only locals, but everyone.
Alright, we WILL TRY THIS!!! In September guys MPS will be $10 to enter Brawl singles (doubles may be $5 per person...still undecided) with a $2 venue fee.

The continuation of this depends on how many people actually come to the tournament.

Scythe

Smash Master
that list, is like everyone in Wisconsin who plays brawl right? You even have some melee players who don't even play brawl on the list.

Top Bottom