• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling taunt parties one room at a time; A Guide

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
INDEX;

I. Opening
II. How Taunt Parties are formed
III. Characters Best suited for 3v1
IV. Stage Selection for 3v1
V. List of Characters Best/Worst Stages, along with additional character information
VI. Mind Games
VII. Strategies/ VII.B Item Recommendations
VIII. Recommended thread about learning how to DI properly
IX. Videos / IX.2 Controlled 2v2 Rooms/The Special Room
X. Tips for 2v2 Rooms [Team ups]

[press ctrl+f, use your browsers search button and type in the roman numeral to quickly get to the section you want to go to]

-------------------------------------------------------

I.

OPENING;

First off i'd like to say that this guide is intended for assisting those of you who enjoy taking on taunt parties in Basic Brawl. I will refer to it as three versus one[3v1] for quick reference.

What can 3v1 do for you?

• React on the fly
  • Learn how to deal with team up situations
  • Learn how to deal with stress/anxiousness/frustration
  • Force you to play patiently
  • Make you opportunistic
  • Teach you the value of mind gaming your opponent
  • How to; Dodge, Space, Shield when its necessary
  • How to make yourself a effective poking machine. Remember, if you use any laggy attack. You'll get gang *****.
  • Will be the ultimate test of your spacing, technical, and recovering skills versus 3 other players AND their items
  • Feeling like a champion when they all drop out during or after a match. No seriously, it feels great. Go hog wild when it happens.

What should you expect:

• Losing frequently
  • No win situations
  • Grab set-ups
  • Gimping
  • Item mayhem
  • ChainGrab infinities, Dtilt Infinities--any kind of infinite; its all fair game
  • Harassment
  • Sheer Aggression
  • Idiocy

In a nutshell, its an uphill battle, but depending on what type of party you encounter and their skill level will vary in certain degrees. I still believe that 3v1 does help to hone your abilities in everyway with or without items.

Let me also make a global statement.

Your skill level and the match-up ratios for the character you've chosen STILL APPLY IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE SHAPE AND FORM.

IE: if you spawn into a room as a Ganondorf and expect to do well against a; Ice Climber, Sheik and Pikachu YOU WONT--UNLESS you know those match-ups very well.
Or they're all complete idiots.

Knowledge is power and knowing the match-up itself is very important. Plus! Depending on what characters are in the taunt party WILL AND SHOULD DETERMINE WHO YOU SHOULD COUTER PICK CHARACTER WISE!!!! Which means NOT choosing your main; even if it is MK-- it is still wiser to choose the character that has more options in a 3v1 situation.

So lets get started then
----------------------------------------------------------

II.

THE TYPES OF TAUNT PARTIES AND HOW THEY'RE CREATED
;

Taunt parties in general can be created from strange and VERY sudden circumstances.

Free for all > to Taunt Party;

Your in a nice room, full of items. Your having a good time beating the crap out of a Kirby,Pikachu and Fox. Suddenly Pikachu and Fox leave! Great! New blood for you to contend with sounds great right?

Then a Zelda, Ike spawn in and Kirby makes an alliance between the Zelda and Ike. Kirby then, starts attacking YOU while Zelda and Ike follow pursuit. Sounds like this has happened to you before? It has to me.

2v2 > to Taunt Party

You spawn into a room where a Sheik and ROB have a brotherly love thing going. They fight together tirelessly against you and the other scrub. The scrub leaves and is replaced with a friendly Ganondorf. All 3 turn on you.

Already established taunt parties

is you spawning into an already pre-established taunt party. Which is more common than the other two situations listed above.

So, what do you do for a free for all > to taunt party?

First off; if your in a room where its a nice free for all and no one has been taunting to get a friend. You cant possibly know for certain whether or not someone else is going to intentionally TRY to get a friend UNTILL it happens. So if your in a situation where it WAS a free for all, then suddenly turned 3v1 its your choice. But, being VIGILANT is very critical to being able to think quickly when someone else is building an army against you. IF you were given enough time to study the pre-existing players{Kirbys] move set, which you should, you should have a heads up on how to deal with them. Expect to lose a few times since the Ike and Zelda moveset are relatively new to you.

So what about a situation where we have 2v2 > to Taunt party?

Make a back-up plan. IF the scrub leaves, plan ahead if your still interested in fighting them both. Your given this ability to plan ahead BECAUSE you know both the Sheik and ROB are working together. Learn their tactics, predict and punish their mistakes. This way even if the game loads you all in and its 2v1 you should be able to take them both on if you think carefully. IF it does develop into a 3v1, you already should have the Sheik and ROB figured out by then.

Ok so then what about already established taunt parties?

If you spawn into a room with a taunt party already made, its your call really. Expect to lose a few matches because everyone will be relatively new to you. Take the time to learn their move sets, common behaviors, but most importantly; punish laggy mistakes and kill when the opportunity presents itself

--------------------------------------------------------------

III.

WHAT CHARACTERS ARE BEST SUITED FOR 3v1?

This can be a very diffcult thing to address because every character has got a weakness to exploit. Yes even MK[hes very light weight]. Dont forget items are most likely turned on.

Idealy you want a character that meets certain criteria;
  • Can do GAY things that get easy kills[swallow spit under platform, gimping, meteoring etc.]
  • Good recovery
  • Good kill power
  • VERY good defensive options

I know 95% of you are going to say OMFG MK and the rest of S Tier do all of this and MORE!!!!

BUT MK IS GOD!!!

Guess what items will be on, if i was in a taunt party the first thing i'd probably do against a MK i was fighting would be to turn on bomb bombs, explosive crates, beam swords, and star rods. One well placed bomb bomb while MK is next to the crate is instant death and a free kill. Boom easy. And since i wouldnt like to approach MK while hes recovering, i'd harass him with star rods and beam swords all of which can kill him above 110%

WELL ILL GET ON SNAKE THEN---

Then you'll get juggled, juggled, juggled, juggled, then grabed for a free fsmash kill. Shield dropped nades work only for a small while the party will get use to that tactic very fast

BUT I HAVE A GOOD RECOVERY---

Untill it gets cypher gimped by someone who knows how do to it.

BUT FALCO HAS--

I can power shield the blasters to approach, and my friends can break the chain grab if you grab me.

I HAVE GOOD RECOV---

I can get on Mario and cape your Side+b, i can get on Snake and Bair you out of Side+b. GGs CP?

Do you see where im going with this now? Match-up experience and a character that has the better tools to deal with the characters in the taunt party AS A WHOLE that CAN ALSO DEAL WITH ITEMS.

So how do we talk about what character a party crasher should use? I mean the taunt goers can switch out anytime they like!?!

First things first;

the Brawl Character Discussion Boards is a excellent resource for all your character needs. I read through it whenever i have a question about ANY match up.

Technically, there is no real true answer i can give you, thanks to how diverse and dynamic items can be in the hands of crafty players. Even if items are off its still 3v1. You have to figure out which character you can fully take advantage of IN a 3v1 situation.

So since we cant universally pick one character to fit all of our 3v1 needs. Lets look at a few things that characters are weak too first. Since thats where most 3v1 parties will use to destroy you. Your characters weaknesses.

------------------------------------------------------

Lets talk about weaknesses, divided by the weight classes.[they all typically have weaknesses in common]

Characters that i consider Heavy;
  • Snake
  • Bowser
  • Dedede
  • Donkey Kong
  • Ike
  • Wario
  • Charizard
  • Wolf
  • Ganondorf
  • Link
  • Samus
  • R.O.B

Characters i consider Medium weight;
  • Yoshi
  • Captain Falcon
  • Ness
  • Ivysaur
  • Lucario
  • Pit
  • Lucas
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Sonic
  • Diddy Kong
  • Ice Climbers

Characters i consider Light weight;
  • Peach
  • Toon Link
  • Jigglypuff
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Meta Knight
  • Kirby
  • Zelda
  • Sheik
  • Falco
  • Fox
  • Marth
  • Squirtle
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Pikachu
  • Olimar

Disclaimer; Not listed in any particular order. If you wanna see a true weight list w/ values go here

So lets talk Heavy weights first.

Pros;
-They live forever with proper DI
-Have very good killing options[except ROB and Samus]
-Heavys like Dedede, DK, ROB, Wolf can Wall of Pain with Back Airs or in ROBs case; Foward Airs
-They got big shields [except for Ike]
-Wario is a special case because unlike most of the other heavys which are slow movers in the air, his aerial momentum is VERY QUICK and FAST

Cons;

-THEY GET JUGGLED VERY EASILY AT EARLY %!!
-Some have really bad recoverys- EX: Wolf, Link, Bowser, DK, Ike, and Wario's up+b is terrible. Best to use Wario's bike to recover.
-Slow movers in the air [cept for Wario, Wolf, Link]
-Samus on the other hand, i see her floaty ness as a con and a challenge in and of itself. Because of how her floatyness is, i find it challenging to land her aerials. Especially her back aerial.

Should I use a heavy weight in a 3v1 match?

I would not, why? Easy your going to get gang ***** and you'll get juggled alot. Alot of heavys have problems with getting juggled especially ROB when hes getting juggled under him. He has no options when someone is juggling under him. If you do get on a heavy for a 3v1 expect to start doing damage to everyone else AFTER you hit 60%. Plus your also a big target, easy for them to land smashes with or use items on.

But if you still want to use a heavy i recommend; Wario, Wolf, and Samus usually does well in 3v1.

Both Wario and Wolf do well in the air so running in and poking the taunters and zig zaging around will work well. So will DACUS'ing into them with a fully charged Usmash. All 3 have good final smashes.

When i would choose a Heavy is if they keep going to Temple or a very large map alot. If they do, get on Wolf and never worry about recovering since you should be circle camping, using the blaster and being a ****. If they go to New Pork City try Samus and camp the lower-center region for free meteors. Samus also does well camping at temple. Just make sure you mix it up between Zair,Missles,and various Charged Shots.

Now lets move onto Medium Weights;

Pros
-Good mutli hit moves; especially Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Ness, Lucas, Ivysaur, Sonic, Pit.
-Smaller than most of the heavies.
-Most have good ground and aerial move sets
-Easier time avoiding being hit by projectiles; some characters like Pit have a reflector

Cons
-Some of these characters lack killing power; Diddy Kong, Pit, Yoshi, Sonic and possibly Lucario
-Some of these characters can be easily gimped out of their recovery; Lucario, Ivysaur, Lucas, Ness are pretty easy to gimp. Pit too if you hit him out of his up+b
-Characters like the Ice Climbers really wont do well in a 3v1 situation. All they have to do is get rid of Nana and your stock is over. Doesnt matter what map your on either.
-Medium weights generally arent a problem to kill either between items and smashes

Should you use a Medium weight character?

Depends on the taunt party and the map selection. I mean you will get juggled on a medium weight character, but it wont be as bad as a heavy. Mediums also tend to have faster pokes both on the ground and in the air. Just make sure you dont get killed too early.

I would recommend; Sonic, Pit, Luigi, Yoshi

All 4 have pretty good final smashes, good fast multi hit moves. And pretty good recoveries, and good poking options. Now i wouldnt take Sonic/Pit/Yoshi to temple or large map due to their killing problems. I'd rather take Luigi to a larger map since his Fsmash and jab cancel up+b are very good kill moves, but for luigi though you still wanna try and take him to low ceilinged stages. Dont forget to abuse their projectiles!

What you can do on Sonic, Pit- if they take you somewhere like Eldin's Bridge or 75m camp near the blast zones and Back throw them into it.

And finally Light weights!

Pros
-Quick and Agile
-Again theres a good portion of them with good move sets on both air and ground; Falco, Marth, ZSS, Meta Knight and Pikachu come to mind
-Like the medium weights the light weights also have very good poking options. Between a tilt/aerial or a projectile.
-Some of them have better recoveries than others; MK, Pikachu, G&W
-Juggling isnt as bad as the other weights
-Some of the lights are smaller body wise, than the mediums/heavys

Cons
-Expect to die as early as 68% without DIing.
-If your on a fast faller like Fox/Falco you'll get juggled pretty bad unless you can DI out.
-Characters that use their side+b to recover are easier to gimp; like Pikachu,Fox,Falco
-Olimar's recovery is pretty bad also
-Characters that have trouble killing; Toon Link, Peach, Sheik, Pikachu, Squritle, and Jigglypuff's killing moves involves a lot of risk

Should i choose a light weight?

Again it depends on the taunt party really. Most light weights do well on any map with a high ceiling. Low ceilings like on halbard, flat zone 2 can be trouble so dont pick a light weight if your going to low ceiling maps. I wouldnt pick a light weight either if you were going to Mario Pipes with turtles and crabs. Better bring a reflector for that place. If the character has a projectile thats annoying it could be useful on larger maps like Falcos blaster at Bridge of Eldin.

For light weights i recommend; Toon Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Marth

Taking out groups with the final smash- Marth, Pikachu. Kirbys and TLs are meh. Toon Link has good projectiles as does Pikachu, Kirby can be gay with swallow. And Marth has a good amount of range in all of his attacks. Pikachu also has thunder if they get in too close. A good get "off me" move, not one to be spammed. Same with TL's Dair. Use TL's Zair instead to poke people.

DONT BE AFRAID TO SWITCH OUT TO ANOTHER CHARACTER! If the taunt party is switching out their characters alot, you should be too!!!
------------------------------------------------

IV.

STAGE SELECTION

Selecting the right stages can make the difference in their performance and yours. In order to get kills, its better to separate them amongst the chaos of items and the stage hazards. Obviously the hazards and the blast zones can be a god send.

Stages you should definitely go to;

Sky World- is great if they have BAD vertical recoveries.

Rainbow Cruise- also good for heavys and characters with bad recoveries.

Rumble Falls- same thing for heavys mostly

Port Town Aero Drive- good for heavys, chars with bad recoveries, and light weights the cars owns them pretty hard

Summit-again great if they have a bad recovery, theres no ledges to grab here and you can use the fish to get easy kills. You should be able to circle camp here

Bridge of Eldin- If they're using Meta Knight take them here and stay in the center of the stage. I took a good MK here once on my Ike and he had a very hard time killing me as long as i stayed center stage. You can also camp the area near the blast zones and grab>back throw for a free kill if they're stupid

Corneria-if your dealing with a light weight, take them here and kill them with ease. If you can, infinite them on the tail fin with dtilt locks/jab locks/CG infinite. Its not impossible to do as i've dtilt locked a ZSS/Wolf/Mario on my ROB. Yes, all 3 at once.

Yoshi's Island pipes- If you take them to pipes, combo them in the center of the stage to get them above like 40% ish then camp THIS SPOT

You want to be where Mario is. If you grab and back throw them, its a free kill because the blast zone is RIGHT behind you. Sonic/Mario/Pikachu/DDD/Luigi/DK/Ness/Lucas/Snake have good back throws that kill at lower % when your next to the blast zone like this.

Onett- Circle camp in the middle, and throw them into the close blast zones if you get a chance.

Flat Zone 2- Camp near the blast zone off the LCD screen, grab, back throw, easy win. Also if your going to Flat Zone, get on a tether grabber like Olimar/Link/Toon Link. It makes your life easier.

75m- Camp in the middle of the stage, or again camp the far right side where the blast zone is and grab>back throw.

Green Hill Zone- Grab>back throw if your very close to the blast zone, if not camp the center of the stage

Spear Pillar-Dialga,Palkia and the Cresselia will be annoying with their laser beams, watch out for when Palkia and Dialga step out onto the upper platforms and bewares when Palkia flips the controls. Cresselia will throw cresent blades every where making for an easy kills if they hit. Circle camp the lower and upper platforms. If you get to higher % go to the lower one and camp there.

Battlefield- the platforms are a great place to hide and camp around and planking can be a good option here too with Kirby. Stage meteors are your friend. Its also a pretty open map with abit of a higher ceiling compared to the other neutrals.

Distant Planet- find any way you can to toss them into the Bulborbs mouth. When it rains take advantage of the slippery water slide and use it to gimp other characters with bad recoveries. The strange platforms are a good place to camp.

Lylat Cruise- The tilting of the stage can mess with Chain grabbing, some other AT's and recovering. Do not take good Snake's and Meta Knights here-- its their best map. Again the platforms provide some pretty nice cover from above.

Norfair- Alot of people hate Norfair in competitive smash and if you've ever played on this map you'll know why. The lava from below is ever changing hazard, as are the plumes that jump out of it, plus the lava falls that engulfs HALF of the stage. It also has the lava wave that engulfs the WHOLE MAP! It has 6 grabble ledges that face out. Do not take good Wario's here. They become a god here.

This map actually helps characters with bad recoveries because it gives them so many chances to grab the ledge. But between the chaos of the items and final smashes, its give and take. Its still something to watch out for if your going to this map. Characters that rely on chain grabbing dont like this map because of the hazard interruptions. If you get caught out side the casple as the lava wave approaches. Shield or spot dodge to avoid the killing damage. And keep moving. Never stay in one place on this map.

Halberd- Got an annoying light weight? This maps got a low ceiling for you. The hazards will start to harass at around 0:40 into the match. So you really wont be seeing the hazards take effect till long after you spawn. You can camp the blast zones in the first 15 seconds of the match. Footstool your opponent before the ship takes off and its a free kill.

Pokemon Stadium 1- Normal Transformation; pretty long and has 2 platforms..but they're relatively small.
-Rock Transformation; the two walls on the left can be used to infinite on so beware. If you stay in the center of the stage theres plenty of room to hide
-Water Transformation; the windmill can be tricky to move around but can also provide some good cover. Beware you can be stage meteored under neither it via someone elses attack.
-Grass Transformation; eh i dont like this one much. Theres really not to many big platforms here. Its kind of open ish platform wise, be careful.
-Fire Transformation; 3 walls to infinite on the tree. But it is a better transformation than grass. Plenty of cover on both sides of the map

Pokemon Stadium 2- Normal transformation - similar to PS1 2 platforms and a large base one

-Ground transformation; 1 wall to infinite on and a slope plus 3 platforms. Good for weaving around in
-Wind transformation; urgh i hate this one, the wind screws up spacing pretty bad and keeps you air borne forever..plus theres no platforms...you can get good star KOs here if your lucky
-Electric transformation; 3 platforms and 2 conveyer belts pushing out to their respective ledges. Camp the middle and shove everyone else out
-Ice transformation; the main platform is slippery...and so are the 2 hovering ones. Be careful and mess them up using the slippery ness of the stage.

Delfino Plaza- Multiple transformations, plus walls and walk offs. Camp the walk off sections for free kills and keep moving. When your not in the air weaving between platforms you should keep moving. If you find yourself on a transformation with no platforms use the items to keep them at bay.

Picto Chat - this map can either be really helpful or really gay. It has missiles that do 25% damage each, the fence post spikes that kill easily at 110% on lights, flames that separate, platforms to hide under or over you...ugh. Go here at your own risk. The transformations are random.

Big Blue- Camp the car thats in the lead and harass them with projectiles, or gimp them off the last car. Again this map it can go either way it depends on the items and character your on.

Castle Siege - The first 2 transformations are great because they let you hide, the first one is pretty cramped but the second and third open up quite abit. The statues in the second transformation can block some projectiles. And the blast zones are walks offs so abuse them as such.

Places you might want to avoid;

Final Destination-Large, flat, gay lips, no where to hide

Green Greens- the bomb blocks are gay, the blast zones are gay and the platforms are all in the center and theres barely any space there as it is

Smashville- still relatively flat and the platform moves, still not much cover compared to battlefield

Brinstar - Snake owns here, acid hurts, blast zones are very close from all directions. Its a relatively small map with the platforms can be manipulated by the organic structure holding them down

Hannenbow - i can never seem to get kills here, you can circle camp the middle but if your recovery is bad you wont be coming back. Blast zones and ceiling are low

Shadow Moses Island- AKA the TRAP, you can easily get infinited on the walls here. Break the walls, and keep moving. Avoid this map if you can due to the nature of how cramped this map is. Also close blast zones.

Mario Bros.[crabs and turtles] - I hate this map, grab a turtle and just get it over with seriously. Use the POW box to mess with them

Wario Ware - close blast zones and ceiling, you'll be competiting with them for buffs. If they get too close to the blast zone grab>back throw, if they stop to taunt Fsmash, if they are standing still free kill. You know the drill

Mario Circuit- camp the blast zones, back throw for easy kills. The platforms dont do much for the crap that goes on below them. Watch out for items and the cars. Camp and keep moving.

Luigis Mansion - you can get stun locked by some characters here. The mansion columns get in the way of throwing items and it can get pretty cramped. While it is good for camping and avoiding stuff, if the columns break welp your back to a flat platform again. Also it has a low ceiling here

Frigate Orphen - flips occationally, platforms from the sides might save you....the transformation that you spawn in ontop of has no ledge to the right. Good for gimps, but the stage doesnt have much in the way of cover as far as platforms are concerned...and feels small.

Pirate Ship - IKE'S BEST STAGE. Low ceiling, and water means hard to gimp. You can spike through the water. And theres a spike under the front bow of the ship. When the king of red lions appears from behind the ship camp it and back throw them into the blast zone when the king of red lions starts to move backwords. The hazards can be gay like the bombs. This map doesnt have much places to hide...the platforms are really small. Just keep on you feet and dont stop.

Jungle Japes- Arguably Kirby's/Falco's best map. Falco can get a Dair kill at japes at around 38%..do not take good Falco's here. Nor good Kirby's. They will be able to abuse the fast moving water better than you. GOD HELP YOU if theres any lag because WI-FI + JAPES is a TOTAL nightmare.

You got 2 options here really. Camp either the far right or far left. If far left you can easily get kills on characters with horrible recovers that have really no vertical height. Like Link, Wario, Ike, etc. Far right and you can Fsmash and backthrow them into the blast zone if they're at high %. The ceiling here IS VERY HIGH. If you dont wanna camp, zoom around on all of the platforms. WATCH OUT FOR THE 10 SECOND KLAP TRAP IN THE WATER!!!

Mushroomy Kingdom - wall infinites, easy to access items, low ceiling and moving sides. Camp the sides and throw them into the blast zone when it gets close enough. There are no grabble ledges in either map. I never liked going here due to the low ceiling and due to the breaking blocks that dont really provide alot of cover.

New Pork City- HUGE map. Toss them into the Chimera's mouth for a free kill. Camp either the lower left or far left where theres a wall. You should be able to throw them into the blast zone from here. Or with a timed smash attack. Center left at the bottum of the stage; you can gimp pretty easily here if they got a bad recovery. If your not into camping, let them chase you every where.

When they keep choosing one map over and over;

This is going to happen to one of you guys, so if you have any suggestions im all for it. I'll insert my input for now. But definitely let me know if certain taunt parties keep going back to a certain map.

Temple -Ok so temple..Temple has alot more places to hide and places that are more easily accessible than say New pork city. Circle camping is easy in the center of the map. Just keep running through the upper and lower portions as if you were on Spear Pillar. If you get into a fist fight lure them to the lower section of the map. And fight them there. Do not go to the lowest section. That area with the pillar platform? Yea your asking for an early stage meteor death if you camp there. Avoid that area at all costs. Typically i dont bother fighting on the upper left side of temple. Why? The stairs mess with your spacing and its really a very bumpy type of terrain. Its easy for an offensive person to take advantage of you here. You cant play a solid defense on the upper left side. If you do get stuck over there make sure you kill them if your close to the blast zone. Ok so the right side of Temple has access to a slant that leads into a wall. And different heightened platforms above you and past the slant the ground is relatively flat. Excellent. I always camp here on my DDD/IC/Snake. Its flat and i can hide, i got good cover here and i can get my kill to the far right where the blast zone is still pretty close. If i need to run away via Air or below, i have those options to do so. Below can be risky if they rush down there quickly, but if your agile and fast you can avoid it. Usually by air is safer as long as they dont toss stuff at you. Be sure to abuse the wall for infinities and weave through the platforms. Again when your close to the right most blast zone dont forget to throw them into it or smash attack them.

Final Destination
- welp this stage is pretty huge first off. Although the ceiling isnt nearly as high as battlefields. The lips on the ledges are all kinds of gay. If you up+b into them thats it your most likely dead if you arent MK. Thing is the lips can actually help you get kills if your opponents dont know how to recover correctly. If they do keep going to this map make sure to take a character that can actually make a kill. It'll be difficult making kills on a character that has a hard time killing. Try not to get spiked and make sure you recover. Make as best use of the large platform as you can.

New Pork City - jesus this place has what 8-9 floating platforms? Anyway, the door..or gate at the bottom of the map can be broken and when it spawns you actually lose the grabbable ledge that was once there. Cave of immortality is just left of where that breakable door is. It can be dangerious to play around especially that floating platform. Also theres a wall on the far left hand side, very close to the blast zone. Same thing just beyond the ramp to the right. On the top most platform on the right you can also make kills from there too. Dont forget the limo might appear under the whole stage. That thing doesnt have any grabbable ledges. If your on a char with a good recovery, bait them to it and see if you can get some kills. Oh yea the Chimera? Use and attack or a quick throw and get an instant kill. Abuse it.

Bridge of Eldin- get on either Snake/Falco/ROB and camp like a jerk. Its a huge bridge with a high ceiling and walk offs. Falco and ROBs lasers dont disappear till they hit the blast zones so spam away. Its their fault for taking you here so much. Or get on a character with projectiles. Avoid the Orc and the bomb he lays and try to get kills either from the hole it creates or from the walk off blast zones. You'd be surprised how easy it can be to tether grab and back throw them into the blast zone. Just make sure you can annoy them for 20 miles away with projectiles and your good.

------------------------------------------------------------------

V.

Characters Best/Worst Maps;

Why is this important? Because your going to run into good players, and picking counter maps to use against them will be the key to your success. Just keep in mind some characters can utilize the stage better than you can. Which means staying alive will become harder for you.

Meta Knight;

Best Stages: Lylat Cruise, Battlefield, Rainbow Cruise
Worst Stages: Bridge of Eldin, Final Destination, Halberd, Corneria

MK does well on stages with multiple platforms. He can use them very well to camp and they help him to approach. Stages with low ceilings, and have no platforms will help you. Bridge of Eldin keeps you from getting gimped, remember to stay away from the hole when the bridge falls apart.

Snake;

Best Stages: Brinstar, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise, Final Destination
Worst Stages: Rainbow Cruise, Norfair, Rumble Falls

Snake is good with platforms because he uses them to camp with his C4/Proxy and Grenades. Lylat and Brinstar hide his projectiles, so they're hard to see and avoid. His recovery is so-so, a place like Rumble Falls and Rainbow Cruise destroy camping all together [except for the ship portion of Rainbow] and the map general can put him in alot of difficult spots. Norfair does the same thing.

Wario;

Best Stages: Norfair, Battlefield, Luigi Mansion, Brinstar
Worst Stages: Final Destination, Bridge of Eldin, Yoshi's Island Brawl

Wario is REALLY good at navigating through platforms its pretty ridiculous. Keep to a stage thats flat and has no places where he can hide under. Also Wario has a Dthrow CG on DK to about 120%. Grabs need to be buffered.

Diddy Kong;

Best Stages; Final Destination, Bridge of Eldin, Corneria
Worst Stages; Norfair, Battlefield, Luigi's Mansion

A good Diddy Kong will be using banana's against you religiously. A big flat map with no platforms spells trouble for you. Avoid going to them. Go to a map where theres platforms you can hide under. Diddy Kong's have trouble with maps that have platforms they mess up his banana game.

Falco;

Best Maps; Jungle Japes, Final Destination, Bridge of Eldin, Luigi's Mansion
Worst Maps; Rainbow Cruise, Lylat Cruise, Delfino Plaza, Norfair, Sky World

Falco has a chain grab; Here's Falco's chain grab thread. Read up on it. Notice how he can do it till 45% on most characters? Also he can end the Chain grab with a Dair spike. If you think your gonna get spiked as he gets close to the edge either; Air dodge when you get released, or you can Smash DI and tech the ledge

4) Characters that can escape the chaingrab

Ice Climbers (Partner action)
Luigi (Nair)
Marth (Up B)
Olimar (Jump + AFA)
ROB (Jump; Fair)
Zero Suit Samus (Down B)

5) Characters you can't chaingrab

Jigglypuff
Kirby
Lucario
Peach
Samus
Zelda
Good to know. Falco does really well at camping with his blaster and dont underestimate his blaster it has alot of loving priority. So much so it stops Meta Knight's Tornado dead in its tracks. It can be used to laser lock you if you dont tech. Jungle Japes makes Falco a god, as does Final Destination. Dont go to those maps versus a GOOD Falco. Try going to Norfair where the lava interrupts his Chain grabbing, and Rainbow so you can easily gimp him.

King Dedede;

Best Stages; Final Destination, Smashville, Bridge of Eldin, Green Greens
Worst Stages; Norfair, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Lylat Cruise

Dedede is a chain grabber so, Brinstar and Norfair help to get you out of a bind.

Everything you need to know about Dedede's Chaingrab. Unlike Falco's chain grab Dedede's CG can be used CONTINUOUSLY IT DOESNT STOP WORKING AT ANY %!!! If your on a character he can CG he can wall infinite you or infinite you in place.

Chapter 2.2: The Chainable Few

******** Difficulty (3 Grabs Max):

* Luigi

VERY HARD Difficulty (4 Grabs Max):

* Diddy Kong
* Toon Link
* Pit

HARD Difficulty (4-5 Grabs)

* Peach
* Ice Climbers (Solo Popo or SoPo)
* Marth

AVERAGE Difficulty (5-6 Grabs)

* Mario
* Yoshi
* Wario
* Link
* Gannondorf
* Samus
* R.O.B.
* King Dedede
* Wolf
* Captain Falcon
* Ivysaur
* Charizard
* Lucario
* Ike
* Ness
* Lucas
* Snake
* Sonic

VERY EASY Difficulty (6+ Grabs!)

* Bowser
* Donkey Kong

A brief explanation of this list:
1. ********- Luigi slides really far away making the difficulty for a regrab as well as the timing required to successfully chain D Throws together is very tight. Be careful or you'll eat a fire punch.

2. VERY HARD- These three slide a good deal out of the way and are able to be grabbed again, but not by much. Again, the timing to successfully chain your D Throws is a very small window.

3. HARD- These guys can be chained effectively more times than the previous three, but the window to chain D Throws is very tight.

4. AVERAGE- These are your average 5-6 grab across the stage guys. Some you'll only get 5, some you can squeeze in 6, it all depends on your buffering and timing. Don't worry about screwing this up.

5. VERY EASY- You'd have to be an idiot to not successfully chain grabs against these guys. The timing is so forgiving it's a joke. They move only a short distance from King Dedede that you won't even need to take more than a step sometimes (*cough* Walking Chaingrab *cough*).
The Unchainable 12:

* Zelda
* Sheik
* Zero Suit Samus
* Kirby
* Metaknight
* Olimar
* Fox
* Falco
* Pikachu
* Squirtle
* Jigglypuff
* Mr. Game and Watch
Note Dedede can still tech chase you even if he cant chain grab you. Beware of it and remember to roll left or right randomly

Marth;

Best Stages; Battlefield, Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion
Worst Stages; Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, Sky World

Mr. Game & Watch;

Best Stages; Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Battlefield
Worst Stages; Yoshi's Island Brawl, Brinstar, Luigi's Mansion

Note: G&W is really light weight and can die ridiculously early. So you do the math and think "welp take him to a place with a low ceiling right?" Problem is G&W has no problem killing off the top as well..keep this in mind.

Pikachu;

Worst Stages; Luigi's Mansion, Battlefield, Norfair

Pikachu has chain grabs on some of the cast[using either fthrow, dthrow with or without pummeling or with decay on the throw] and a dthrow infinite on Sheik and Fox. I dont recommend using a heavy or a fast faller like Falco/Fox/Wolf unless you know the match up well. Good pikachus will like to grab and juggle alot. And will SH thunder jolt to approach.

Pika's chain grabs are pretty weird, but a good pikachu will religiously know these by heart.

Bowser

* 0-72 + regrab
* Fthrow x11 > grab

Captain Falcon

* [1] 0 to 114 + regrab; [2] 0 to 67 + regrab

1. Fthrow x 2 > Dthrow x 16 > grab
2. Fthrow x10 > grab

King Dedede

* [1] 0 to 77 + regrab; [2] 0 to 67 + regrab

1. fthrow x2 > pummel > dthrow x3 > pummel > dthrow x4 > grab
2. Fthrow x10 > grab

Donkey Kong

* [1] 7 to 26 + regrab; [2] 0 to 67 + regrab

1. Dthrow x 2 > grab
2. Fthrow x10 > grab

Falco

* [1] 0 to 100 + regrab; [2] 0 to 58 + regrab

1. Fthrow x 2 > Dthrow x 13 > grab
2. Fthrow x 8 > grab

Fox

* [1] 0 to 99 + regrab; [2] 0 to 58 + regrab

1. Dthrow x 17 > grab
2. Fthrow x 8 > grab

Ganon

* [1] 0 to 85 + regrab; [2] 0 to 67 + regrab

1. Dthrow x 14 > grab
2. Fthrow x10 > grab

Ike

* [1] 0 to 62 + regrab; [2] 0 to 67 + regrab

1. Dthrow x 9 > grab
2. Fthrow x10 > grab

Link

* [1] 0 to 41 + regrab; [2] 0 to 67 + regrab

1. Dthrow x 5 > grab
2. Fthrow x10 > grab

Lucas

* 5 to 33 + regrab
* Dthrow x 3 > grab

Meta Knight

* 0 to 52 + regrab
* Fthrow > Dthrow x 5 > grab

Pikachu

* 0 to 27 + regrab
* Dthrow x 3 + grab

Shiek

* [1] 0 to 105 + regrab; [2] 0 to 58 + regrab

1. Fthrow x 2 > Dthrow x 14 > grab
2. Fthrow x 8 > grab

Snake

* [1] 0 to 83 + regrab; [2] 0 to 90 + regrab; [3] 0-67 + regrab

1. Fthrow x 2 > pummel > Dthrow x 3 > pummel > Dthrow x 5 > grab
2. Fthrow to ledge > Dthrow to 90 or below (begin by 30%)
3. Fthrow x10 > grab

Sonic

* 0 to 41 + regrab
* Fthrow x 5 > grab

Squirtle

* 3 to 22 + regrab
* Dthrow x 2 > grab

Wario

* [1] 7 to 26 + regrab; [2] 0 to 19 + regrab

1. Dthrow x 2 > grab
2. Fthrow x 2 > grab

Wolf

* [1] 0 to 115 + regrab; [2] 0 to 67 + regrab

1. Dthrow x 3 > Pummel[Fthrow] > Dthrow x 14[13] > grab
2. Fthrow x10 > grab

Zero Suit Samus

* 0 to 47 + regrab
* F-throw x6 > grab
The ChainGrab confirmation thread if you need more information.

Olimar;

Best Stages; Battlefield, Luigi's Mansion, Halberd
Worst Stages; Rainbow Cruise, Delfino Plaza, Brinstar, Sky World

Ice Climbers;

Best Stages; Final Destination, Bridge of Eldin, Smashville
Worst Stages; Norfair, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, Sky World

Ice Climbers have infinites and chain grabs on every character in the game. They can use either; dthrow, fthrow, bthrow types of chain grabs and the variation of how they use the throws will very depending on the character being grabbed. The most basic Chain grab they have; Popo- grab>dthrow and Nana jump>fair meteor. It works till over 25%--after 25% the character being CG'ed will hit the floor and must tech. The Ice Climbers can also kill using a grab>pummel with the partner doing smash attacks. The 1st smash to deal damage, second to send them flying. Dont get grabbed, and separate/kill nana. Solo Popo gets destroyed/gimped pretty easily.

Also, it becomes more difficult to chain grab the higher the %. So around 70% for lights to about 90% for heavys. You still need to avoid the grab regardless.

R.O.B.;

Best Stages; Frigate Orphen, Final Destination, Bridge of Eldin
Worst Stages; Battlefield, Norfair, Distant Planet

Kirby;

Best Stages; Delfino Plaza, Jungle Japes, Picto Chat, Sky World
Worst Stages; Yoshi's Island Melee, Yoshi's Island Brawl, Battlefield

Kirby also has a type of pseudo chain grab.

All of these at low %

Fthrow>uair>grab>fthrow>uair or Fair
Grab>dthrow>utilt
grab>dthrow>grab>dthrow
Grab>fthrow>side+B

might be more i'll have to check their boards later

Lucario;

Best Stages; Frigate Orphen, Yoshi's Island Brawl, Luigi's Mansion
Worst Stages; Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Sky World

Zero Suit Samus;

Best Stages; Battlefield, Rainbow Cruise
Worst Stages; Yoshi's Island Brawl, Sky World

ZSS also has a fthrow chain grab;

Inescapable

Bowser
0%-64% + regrab

Captain Falcon
0%-60% + regrab

Ganondorf
0%-60% + regrab

King Dedede
0%-60% + regrab

Snake
0%-60% + regrab
*Can drop a grenade between grabs at some points, but you can cg past them before they explode.

The next four cgs are weird. Try to start at least on that percent and don't go over too much or you won't cg as high. You could probably do these from 0% and to a higher percent if your foward throw is stale.

Link
14%-39% + regrab

Wolf
14%-39% + regrab

Falco
7%-39% + regrab

Fox
17%-26% + regrab

Escapable
You can only escape with whatever is noted. You can't escape these with a buffered jump or spotdodge.

DK
0%-64% + regrab
*Can escape with a buffered jump+airdodge at some points.

Ike
0%-60% + regrab

Charizard
0%-60% + regrab

Sonic
0%-56% + regrab
*Can escape with a buffered jump+airdodge or Up B at some points.

Sheik
0%-47% + regrab
*Can only escape the first regrab with a buffered spot dodge.

ZSS
0%-47% + regrab
*Can escape with Down B.
Fthrow chain grab thread

ZSS has some really good and unique tools. If your not fighting a good ZSS, you should use her against plankers and players that like to stall in the air like Shining Foxes or Up+b happy ROBs. Her over+b will grab them and bring them down to earth.

Toon Link;

Best Stages; Battlefield, Final D, Corneria
Worst Stages; Luigi's Mansion, Sky World, Yoshi's Island Brawl, Castle Siege

Pit;

Best Stages; Final D, Bridge of Eldin, Sky World, Rainbow Cruise
Worst Stages; Halberd, Castle Siege, Norfair, Luigi's Mansion

Donkey Kong

Best Stages; Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Jungle Japes
Worst Stages; Frigate Orphen, Final D, Rainbow Cruise

Peach;

Best Stages; Delfino Plaza, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes
Worst Stages; Luigi's Mansion, Picto Chat, Final D

Luigi;

Best Stages; Corneria, Halberd, Green Greens
Worst Stages; Battlefield, Final D, Bridge of Eldin

Fox;

Best Stages; Jungle Japes, Halberd, Corneria, Final D
Worst Stages; Rainbow Cruise, Sky World, Frigate Orphen, Lylat Cruise

Wolf;

Best Stages; Battlefield, Yoshi's Island Brawl
Worst Stages; Rainbow Cruise, Sky World, Frigate Orphen, Lylat Cruise

Sonic;

Best Stages; Green Greens, Corneria, Brinstar
Worst Stages; Final D, Bridge of Eldin, Smashville

Sheik;

Best Stages; Battlefield, Yoshi's Island Brawl, Norfair, Brinstar
Worst Stages; Sky World, Final D, Bridge of Eldin

Bowser;

Best Stages; Castle Siege, Battlefield, Smashville
Worst Stages; Sky World, Frigate Orphen, Yoshi's Island Brawl, Rainbow Cruise

Zelda;

Best Stages; Battlefield, Corneria, Halberd
Worst Stages; Rainbow Cruise, Frigate Orphen, Sky World

Pokémon Trainer;

Best Stages; Battlefield, Luigi's Mansion, Smashville
Worst Stages; Final D, Frigate Orphen, Rainbow Cruise, Sky World

Ike;

Best Stages; Pirate Ship, Smashville, Halberd, Corneria
Worst Stages; Rainbow Cruise, Sky World, Frigate Orphen, Jungle Japes

Lucas;

Best Stages; Battlefield, Jungle Japes, Halberd
Worst Stages; Castle Siege, Frigate Orphen, Sky World, Pokemon Stadium 1

Mario;

Best Stages; Battlefield, Norfair, Corneria
Worst Stages; Rainbow Cruise, Hannenbow, Frigate Orphen, Sky World

Ness;

Best Stages; Pokemon Stadium 1, Brinstar, Delfino Plaza
Worst Stages; Lylat Cruise, Rainbow Cruise, Sky World, Yoshi's Island Brawl

Yoshi

Worst Stages; Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, Battlefield

Samus

Best Stages; Battlefield, Bridge of Elden, Final Destination
Worst Stages; Rainbow Cruise, Rumble Falls, Frigate Orphen, Halberd

Jigglypuff

Best Stages; Frigate Orphan, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, Sky World
Worst Stages; Picto chat, Halberd, low ceiling stages

Captain Falcon

Best Stages; Battlefield, Smashville, Norfair
Worst Stages; Bridge of Eldin, Final Destination, Sky World

Link

Best Stages; Battlefield, Bridge of Eldin, Final Destination, Norfair
Worst Stages; Rumble Falls, Rainbow Cruise, Frigate Orphen, Sky World

Ganondorf

Best Stages; Brinstar, Pokemon Stadium 1, Norfair
Worst Stages; Rainbow Cruise, Final Destination, Rumble Falls, Sky World

-------------------------------------------------

VI.

MIND GAMES

The Patient Mindgamer

I actually turned on items for this match (Bomb bomb, explosive crates, smart bombs) because i knew this was going to happen 2v1. I decided i would mind game them then wait for the items to appear...they never did. So i kept up the mind game untill sudden death. At the beginning of the video, notice how FAST that Meta Knight closed the gap between himself and me, ONLY to stop when i started crouching alot? He was ready to get his **** on but stopped when he saw me 'acting' friendly.

One thing to take away from this video...the Meta Knight. Watch his body language closely..he never moves alot. Why is that? Hes too busy watching me. We had a couple of matches before where i was killing everyone and i took advantage of an AFKer plus i killed him a few times. So he was watching ME the whole match.

Because i couldnt tell whether or not he went AFK himself. I pushed his meta knight to the ledge of Final D. Then i waited about 30 seconds, then did a grab release on him over the blast zone to see if he would recover. If he didnt recover, he would suicide and not be in sudden death. If he did recover, it would confirm my suspicion that he was watching me. This method is a great way of not provoking a fight and also checking to see if they're still around. JUST DONT BE TOO HASTEY! Take your time, crouch alot, move around and be erratic in your behavior. Dont forget to copy the behavior patterns of other taunters it flatters them.

The Hostage

This was quite a weird..situation i got into. I killed that Lucas and Zelda in the previous rounds so they wanted me dead. But this Ike wanted NOTHING to do with it. So i took full advantage of that. I followed him everywhere like i was his new pet. And because the Lucas/Zelda were nice enough they held back whenever Ike was between them and me.

Circle Camping

Video pretty much explains it. You travel in a circle and avoid fighting. Harder to do on smaller maps, easier on larger ones like Temple, 75M , New Pork City, Hannenbow etc. Would you believe me if i said, after this match, they got on Sonic and still couldnt touch me?

-------------------------------------------------

VII.

STRATEGIES

NessLuigi said:
Strategy's for Taunt Party goer's;

This is more for TPers, but, if you have items on (and you use them), BEATING SOMEBODY DOESN'T COUNT FOR CRAP! I know this, but I doubt half the people who have their items on do... If you want to prove you can kick somebody's ***, go to a neutral and do it without items.

Strategy for Crasher;

-For 3v1
An easy way to get people to turn on each other (assuming more than 1 person is actually attacking, not like #2): fight next to more than one person. lots of times the TPers will kill each other, and some people don't understand the simple concept of, "you killed me, then if I kill you our scores even out" so they may start fighting because the person who was killed want the person who killed them to kill themselves (when they're either clueless to that or they just don't wanna).

Getting attacked by 3 people at the same time is GOOD. This isn't team battle, we WILL hurt each other. so try to make us hit each other as much as possible. then you can just get 3 kills once you come back from one death XD. there, your up 2_-1_-1_-1

Go for the worst players! this is pretty obvious, go for the person who can get you the most kills! It always annoys me when a 1v3er wins because he got like 10 kills on a person who has no idea what they're doing...

Sudden Death is awesome! I'd rather fight in a SD than win, so I usually try to even the score if I can. save a tie-breaking kill to the last second if you can so we'll have no time to catch up.
Wether your pissed off about it or just looking for a good challenge, just um a little things that have probably already been said, or aren't very helpful, but whatever XD, probably repeated myself a few times. also, if you have any questions (and not dumb ones like "whY do U Do taUNt parties thEIr duMb), like legit ones (hell, Idk what they'd be XD)

-For 1v1, while other 2 watch
If you are fighting one other person while the other two watch, THAT IS A GOOD THING, DON'T RUIN IT! 1v1 is always good and better than FFA or 1v3, leave the other two alone, and beat the crap outta (assuming you can) the person who's always coming after you! Lotsa times the other TPers won't even go after you. lots of time, I'll just sit on the sidelines, and if there's a zelda or somebody throwing Din's Fire at you guys, grab her so you guys can actually fight :p)

Some TPers don't understand if you want to break away from 1v3 and fight somebody 1v1, and this gets very annoying for people actually trying to fight! It annoys me when I'm fighting somebody, then one of my "friends" comes in and attacks the other person, usually hitting me. It's a huge pain in the ***, and I usually end up smashing the friend away, so try to get TPers close, unless you want to fight 1v1. I was trying to play this other Ness 1v1 cause he was actually good, and this Lucas kept getting in the way, so I just threw him to the other side of the stage every time he came over to us :p

Pick fast characters (or at least fast attackers)! I love to go to temple and just sit on the very bottom platform, not attacking anyone unless they attack me, heck I don't even leave the platform unless I'm knocked off it (if you see a Ness, Pikachu, or Claus-colored Lucas doing that, it's probably me! :D). If I kick your *** (lol, Pikachu owns on that platform), like +3 to -3, I sure as hell won't take you seriously, because although it doesn;t mean much, you should at least be able to put up a fight. characters like Ike and Ganon get dominated on that thing, stay away from using them down there. If you find yourself fighting down there, use Meta and just hold A, casue it's a pain in the *** to hit you, let alone get back on the platform. Characters like Fox and Falco are good for attacking somebody down there. Also, I, a TPer, know this well, so you guys should too: winning on there doesn't make you better than the other person (unless it's like 0-death, lol), only a legal stage no items can determine that, it's just a funny place to fight. MANY loltastic (sorry I had to use that word :() kills. Just for fun.

There is only one good place to fight on Temple, the top right area, and even that still really sucks. Winning on Temple doesn't mean ****, so try your best to get FD or something, if the other person wants to actually fight you.

Fun Fact! Pikachu's Thunder goes through the part of the land hole in Temple (the part where you'd land if you fell straight from the re-spawn point), so it's great for attacking on that little island platform. (caution when fighting Pika!)

Throw items off the stage! Maybe some of the idiots who have items on will turn them off...
Encountering the Slave Driver

So this is kind of a weird and interesting situation. 2 passive players a Zelda and Wario, then there was a Meta Knight that was bossing everyone around with Dairs and other pokes. The Zelda and Wario didnt fight back or pushed him away. Ever encounter a room like this? This guy is a slave driver. He beats weaklings into submission then bosses them around like underlings. And usually the new guy, most of the time you, are his primary target.

These types of rooms...are tricky. In that they hover around being a 3 versus YOU..or 3 versus the slave driver. The slave driver is usually cunning and crafty as with the MK i met. After he gimped me[it was my fault rly psh], he runs away taunting when he can and generally avoids me unless he got some spicey curry.

Slave Drivers are the types that might let their underlings do the work if they're dumb enough. Or he might do it himself. Either way the key to dealing with a Slave Driver is to out smart him, so here was my game plan. Pick temple, kirby and spawn in. I spawn in, and now the MK is on Sonic. Cool. I watch him for a few seconds as he taunts in victory again then stalls around under temple with charged shot. Just above the small platform.

I poke him with Uairs to let him know i think his mother is a ******* child of a beaver and ground hog, he stops and engages me. Eventually, he dies from being too relaxed with me. I taunt to aggravate him. Then heres where he makes a fatal mistake. I BAIT him to where the wall/pillar is at the center of the map. Gambling on that wario/zelda will just watch me. I coax him in with ftilts, but he grabs and tosses me out. A few more well times utilts, and ftilts then i get him in. Boom, free jab lock to 50%, hes at 168%. He escapes, jumps over me and gets smacked with a bair and dies at temple. Time.

Heres an interesting tid bit i figured out only after i spawned into our next match at Final D. He wanted to try to show ME up by getting on Kirby and having a ditto. Unknowingly, i picked ROB, wanting to get a better, faster lock animation. Kirby; 1. has no projectile[final cutter is so easily punished] 2. ROB out ranges him/ out camps him[gyro, laser]

He tries to Dair me, ROBs utilt says no. He tries to roll dodge behind me, nope Dsmash[he did this several times]. Approach with cutter, shielded and dtilt'ed. Stone? Waited for him to unstone then fsmashed him. He tried approaching with air dodges, nair'ed got my kill. He kills me once, taunts. Then kills Wario...heres where i get worried. He knows hes in the lead and obviously he makes a break for it by using all his jumps off the side of final d. Predict the air dodge spam, timed it right and meteor'ed him. Victory taunt for me. Wario and Zelda just watch silently and dont really help out. After it was over, i left.

These rooms arent worth it. Wario and Zelda were too much of a obvious problem because they were standing around doing nothing. Easy targets to kill for the Slave Driver. More frustration/**** for you to worry about. Not worth it. If you see this kind of behavior EXACTLY as i described above. Drop out, not worth your time at all.

Being Gay and Opportunistic

So i spawn into Temple and im messing around.. and i see a Ganon planking and killing with Dair. He keeps baiting the two idiots and is getting free kills off it. Im warming up so i dont really take notice at first untill sudden death where he kills me.

About a match later hes back on Ganon and is using items as a means to put me in a helpless position. Things like using pit falls, and using smash balls on me when im pre-occupied. When he does kill me, he taunts to harass me then makes all the effort he can into circle camping and planking. He also throws items while doing so.

So i copied his tactics, and i did a better job at it then he did. Heres why;

I got on wolf, grabbed a paper fan and baited him to the under part of temple, gayed him with it and he drops to his death because he has no means to escape from the paper fan. Then it was all a matter of avoiding Ganon's final smash, him throwing beam swords/bombs at me-- and picking off the other 2 idiots in the room. While i was going after the Link and ROB i made sure to watch Ganons every move very carefully. If i'd let him out of my sight i'd be sure to get gayed very hard. It paid off for watching him that closely.

Hes upset, and he gets on Ike. Im still on Wolf. I poke him once taunt, then run for it. I slip on a banana and get gayed into his final smash, his helper, that i squished with my land master last round, throws a smart bomb up. I die. They taunt. I respawn, quickly kill the idiot now on Falco. Ike grabs some beam swords to throw at me. I bide my time waiting for the smash, i grab it get on my land master. He and his buddy hide in the bottom side of temple. I turn my landmaster around, slide under there trap Ike and kill him by pushing him off. Wait for the final smash to run out. THEN I CAMP and PLANK like it was the winners finals of Gensis. He kills the idoit.

We sudden death. I spawn to the upper left and he spawns on the slope leading to the cave. I bait him by standing on the fall through platform, he camps. I go to the ledge and just camp back. Then i plank the bombs. 3 minutes pass, he is forced to approach me from the top since he doesnt have any options from below. I move to the ledge below and plank more. Few seconds pass and he goes for a quick draw. I still have invincibility frames, he helplessly falls to his death. I get up taunt.

Next few rounds im on kirby and i just ledge camp the whole match. I was also very careful not to take too much damage. Its too easy for them to get a kill with items when you have alot of damage[60%+]

I also turned on items for this since this Ike knew what he was doing. He knew how to pivot grab, how to space his aerials. He was a serious threat no joke.

Items i turned on;

Paper Fan
Bunny Hood
Pit falls
Spring
Smoke Balls

Thanks to this experience, I'm going to put up an items recommendation section. They can seriously save your ***.

Hacked Parties

These kinds of parties are pretty rare. Sometimes you'll run into a hacker on Warioman or Giga Bowser. Most of them that i've run into are pretty friendly. Hackers can do all kinds of fun things like make everyone the same character, they can bring in a bot into the room and do tricks with it. Or he could take you all to Practice stage or Break The Target stage 1.

These parties dont tend to last long since most hackers are usually in and out just for a good laugh. But in rare cases they might stick around for awhile. Also if a hacker is using a bot, he has to have one spot open. And chances are if hes already got 2 friends hes messing around with, he'll probably disconnect you to let his bot in the room. [im assuming thats what he does let me know if im wrong]

So...should you take on a hacker on wario man? YOU TELL ME. Obvi no since you'll get horribly *****. Just play along and have fun with the guy. But if the other guys in the room not on Warioman/Giga Bowser start acting like jerks then go ahead and kill them. Most of the time you can gamble on the fact that the Hacker is pretty smart. some wont interfere in a fist fight.

1v1 with 2 bystander taunters

While for the most part the bystanders/taunters will stand around in watch, they do get in the habit of interfering...expect it. When they get in the way, push them away with an attack. Watch out for items being pelted, whether its star rods, grenades, etc. When they leave them selves wide open, punish them with a smash attack. Make sure you let them know you dont appreciate them getting in the way. Some might back off once they learn their lesson. 1v1 can be either a heartless jerk your fighting or someone from the taunt party.

--------------------------------------++-------------

VII.B

Items Recommendation section

Items can be used against you, just as easily as they can be used BY you.

Beware of your selection.

Smash Balls- Your characters final smash. Does lots of gay damage and alot of final smashes have really good KO capabilities. Abuse it.

Smoke Balls- Thrown on someone else, or the ground. They mask you behind a veil of smoke. Might make you harder to hit.

Spring- Good for running away vertically. Gay when the spring is on its side and it sends you back horizontally.

Mr. Saturn- They break shields. Use them for that purpose.

Food- They reduce the amount of damage you have. Eat it.

Assist Trophy- Either really useful[Andross, Little Mac, Grey Fox] or really worthless[Tingle, Nintendog, Stafy]

Pokeball-Either really useful[Koryge, Latios/Latias, Snorlax] or really worthless[Goldeen,Muchlax,Mew]

Crates-Give you more items all at once

Explosive Crates-Explode after you hit it xx amount of times.[I'd love to get the hp for these things let me know please]. Will explode when a fire element hits it. Great KO potential.

Sandbag-Gives you items when you hit it xx numbers of times.

Max Tomato-Restores 50%

Heart Container- Restores 100%

Dragoon- Collect all 3, aim, fire hope it hits. Instant KO.

Poison Mushroom- Makes you/opponent small, and attacks launch then farther.

Super Mushroom-Makes you/opponent large. Gives them more power, and makes them heavier. You should be able to standing infinite them with grabs on most characters. Try it.

Starman- Makes you invincible

Warp Star- Teleports you to the upper stage if used below. Good KO potential. Limited range for where you can travel with it once your on it.

Metal Box- Reduced hit stun, makes you heavier. Like with super mushrooms you can standing infinite people with grabs if they use this.

Bunny Hood- Faster run speed, higher vertical jumps, and good fast falling. Good item for running away. since its draw backs are out weighted by its benefits

Spicy Curry- Flames shoot out of your mouth, it can cause alot of hit stun if your directly inside it and can be problematic when your over the ledge and cant recover. Spam your up+b and dont use your jump if you get caught like that over the ledge. Reflectors and franklin badge stop this thing in its tracks.

Timer- Slows down time for you, slows everyone down except you, slows the whole room down. A gay item and its random which effect is used. Pay attention to how the clocks hands move on the timer, it shows which of the effects will be played when you grab it.

Lightning- Makes everyone small, makes YOU small, makes everyone HUGE[2x the size of super mushroom!!]. Effects are also random. Use at your own risk.

Beam Sword-Good projectile, good range when used as a smash attack. Its better as a projectile.

Baseball Bat-Good projectile, instant KO if your home run animation hits the opponent. Its better as a projectile.

Lip's Stick-Good projectile, good range when used as a smash attack. Can be Bucket'ed, Absorb'ed by PSI Magnet, and when it hits it causes a poison damage for a brief period of time.

Paper Fan-rapidly tapping A will lock most opponents inside the paper fan, it build damage ridiculously fast on some characters[heavys]. And works better on other characters[Peach for example] due to their paper fan animation. In order to escape, you need a move with start up frames that have invincibility frames. Marth's UP+B comes to mind. If you dont have a move like that, Smash DI out up and away.

Star Rod-Its better as a projectile. Shoots stars out of a smash attack. Sheik and Falcon has multiple stars that come out.

Hammer- Good damage, knock back. Easy to gimp someone when they use it. Hammer's head sometimes falls off. And can be used to insta KO people at high %. If the hammers head does fall off, the person is stuck in the hammering animation and is helpless.

Super Hammer-Sometimes the hammer is a toy[makes a sqweek sound effect] again, the person is stuck in the hammering animation and is helpless. If its real, rapidly tap A to float and hover for 4 seconds. Damage and knock back are better than hammers.

Super Scope-Uncharged small yellow balls. Good hit stun, you can move around. Charging, your kinda vulnerable. Fully Charged good damage/KO potential. Can be reflected, franklin badged.

Ray Gun- Good hit stun, travels the whole screen, and can gay KO someone if you lock them into it.

Fire Flower- Multi hit, good hit stun and you can move only one direction while using it. Turn the other way to use it the opposite way.

Cracker Launcher- Cracker launcher can change size depending on the size status effect the person has holding it. Good damage racker, good for KOing off the top. Leaves you vulnerable though if opponents get too close.

Bob-omb- Good damge/knock back. Instant KO at higher % Can also KO and do damage it you hit it with an attack.

Motion Sensor bomb[I call them proxys]- Good damge/knock back. Instant KO at higher %. Can be tricky to see. Can also KO and do damage it you hit it with an attack.

Gooey Bomb- Good damge/knock back. Instant KO at higher % It flashes alot before it goes off. Can also KO and do damage it you hit it with an attack.

Smart Bomb- Multi hit, good knock back for KOs at high %. And a good damage builder. Has some decent range too. It can be easily DI'ed out of.

Deku nut-Stuns opponent when it explodes near by[after it spawns theres a timer for when it explodes, it still counts down even while being held]. It also can KO at high % when you throw it at someone.

Freezie- If it explodes near by, minimal damage. Can freeze opponent, and can occasionally KO. Fire cancels the frozen effect.

Pit fall- Opponent is falls in a pit, takes damage from the item and is vulnerable for a brief period of time[longer if at higher %]. Easy way to get KOs. If pit fall is placed on a platform, the opponent will fall through it and hit the ground. If used as a projectile its a meteor spike off stage.

Hothead- By far the most annoying thing in the game. Its a single hit sun that encircles the stage and can be set at different speeds. Using a fire attack on it makes it 1. bigger and larger hit box, 2. more KO/Knock back. Very annoying when you have 4-5 of these going around at different speeds....can be reflectored...but if it is multiple times...god help you. Its an instant KO if it touches you by that point. It falls off weird surfaces, and floating platforms.

Green Shell- Good KO/Knock back. Can be stepped on to be stopped. Can be reflected and franklin badged...but like with the hot head..it can instant KO if reflected too much

Banana peel- makes peoples trip, can be used to gimp recovers

Bumper- Another very gay item, high knock back, it stays on stage forever and can stun lock you if 2 or more are around. Instant KO at high % jesus christ. Can also be reflectored.

Unira- Pretty worthless imho. Place them down, they..pull you in sometimes and deal some damage, its easy to get rid of them ranged attacks disable them. If you or someone else reflect it multiple times..it can instant KO.

Soccer ball-The ball version of the base ball bat. Smack it, it hits someone they either die or take alot of damage. Soccer balls placed together is a living hell, so are reflected balls. Becareful.

Team healer-Does damage to enemy team, heals the team mate

Franklin badge-reflects projectiles, love this thing its a good item to have. Be mindful for when it falls off.

Screw attack-Another good item, you can combo easily with it. Watch for when it falls off.

Putting them into groups

Runners Kit

Bunny hood
Banana peel
Spring
Deku nut
Smoke Ball
Screw Attack
Timer
Food
Warp Star

Tanker

Metal Box
Cracker Launcher
Bumper
Food
Super Mushrooms
Smart Bomb
Spicy Curry
Lightning

Annoyance Supreme

Spicy Curry
Hothead
Soccer Balls
Starman
Gooey bomb
Motion-Sensor Bomb
Bob-omb
Smashballs
Mr. Saturn

Campers Delight

Beam Sword
Baseball Bat
Super Scope
Ray Gun
Fire Flower
Smart Bomb
Unira
Pit Falls
Freezie
Poison Mushroom
Lip Stick
Star Rod
Franklin Badge
Green Shell

Desperate 4 kills

Pokeballs
Assist Trophys
Dragoon
Max tomato
Heart container
Hammer
Super Hammer
Smashball
Paper Fan

Blow **** up

Explosive Crate
Crates
Sandbag
Bob-omb
Motion Sensor bomb
Gooey Bomb
Cracker Launcher
Smart Bomb
Fire Flower
Soccer Ball
Spicy Curry
Lip Stick
Warp Star

Try out these items combination and tell me how it goes. I think the Runners kit would be great if your trying to stall the timer in 3v1. The Campers delight item group would also be great if your on a large map.

If you have a certain set of items you use with a stratgey, share it and i'll add it to this post. I'm curious to see what other people use items for.

There is no shame in using items or having items off. You definitely should not become dependent on items for letting them do the work for you. They can be very useful in a 3v1 as they can in the hands of the people your fighting against...Let your skill/spacing ultimately be the reason why you win your fights. If you dont like items, your more than welcome to throw them away if you wish. Be mindful it doesnt leave you open for attack.

Just remember items are a crutch, and are the easy way out when it comes to Basic Brawl. Items are the short term answer. Things like having real skill and the ability to predict/punish your opponent, will help you out in many more situations and is the long term answer for everything you do. Never forget your skill, practice it and hone it.

---------------------------------------------------

VIII.

HOW TO STAY ALIVE LONGER

READ THIS THREAD ON HOW TO DI

Everything you need to know about DI[directional influence] and more. Read it, practice it, it works. It'll save your life.

------------------------------------------------------

IX.

GETTING IT DONE; VIDEO SECTION

taken down

-------------------------------------------------------

IX.2

Controlled 2v2 Environments

What Basic Brawl should/can be. You have only 1 opponent, you do not fight the other opponents, and you share the stage with 2 other people dedicated to fighting only each other.

--------------------------

The Special Room

Controlled 2v2 situations, and 3v1 team ups against noobs, ending with Team ups

The atmosphere and dynamics of this room changes over the course of like and hour and a half. While P2 and P4 fought, i was stuck with P3. And when P3 got in P2/P4 way they would stop their fighting and 3v1 on P3.

Towards the end P4 decides to team up with this noob ike on P3...i dont know why. But you can tell in the last vid P2 doesnt want to be teamed up on. P2 doesnt like P3 since hes a jerk. Yet P4 is stupid? enough to help P3 out.

P2 or P4 grab each other repetitively? It was their way of communicating something with each other. As if to say "Hey listen to me"[they then crouch], "Hey i want to fight you" [they then preform an attack] or "Stop it" [grabbing them after they attacked you].

This is why reading body language is so important. I might write more on this later.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

X.

You, your buddy vs two randoms [2v2]

Ok so you dont like Taunt parties...and you dont like Team Battle. But your a nice guy that still enjoys some company. You should definitely try teaming up with someone in Basic.

Teaming up with someone then fighting the other 2 randoms is all kinds of fun. Plus you usually got someone looking out for you. I cant tell you how many useful people i've run into. Whether its a DK that at 167% jabs you, you jab him and he suicides to give you his +1. JUST so he can return to the battlefield at 0%. An Ike that distracts the other 2 away while you try to recover safely. A Pikachu that follows you every where and never leaves your side.

It does pay to be a nice easy going smasher. Especially if your in a room with a tough crowd and a good friendly Marth replaces a guy that just left.

Tips for 2v2;
  • Pay attention to body language; This includes spacing. Knowing when to stay close to your buddy and when to leave him alone is very important.
  • Be sure to remember what port your buddy is assigned too. If they're P2 on your screen then even if they switch out they will still be P2. Their shield COLOR will determine their port priority in terms of things like Grabs.
  • Play around with grabs with your opponent. Your buddy might become curious and might help you do some grab release shenanigans with you.
  • Buddys can often create situations where you can do mass amount of damage on your opponents through the use of items, or your characters juggling/wall of pain tools
  • Keep an eye on your buddy if they're struggling to recover, or if they're about to be infinited
  • Praise them for their successes; crouch, taunt, dash dance. This helps to re-inforce your bond
  • Protecting your buddy goes along way, and shielding them from danger is no exception. You can leave very good impressions on your friend just by playing very well
  • This in turn, might prompt them to come back to Basic to visit more often. Which means you might see them again. And trust me, I do recognize people I've been with before. Mainly through repetitive behavior.

2v2 in Basic is definitely a good opinion when you can get it. What if it forms into a 3v1...? Thats for you to decide. Generally i stay even after it becomes 3v1. But when the forth person comes and they're friendly. I leave after that. I mean my role is done and over. Theres no fighting here. I can also rest assured that my buddy i'm leaving behind, is in good hands. He has new friends to play with, he'll be in a safer environment-- so technically he wont need me...for now.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Shouldn't luigi be at a smaller stage because at a larger stage it would be easier to evade his F smash and also he would have an easier time to score a K.O because of the smaller blast zones. Also lucario is at the top of the middle weights or bottom of the heavys, his attack power is low but increases with damage, at 100 he is in about the middle weight section and then it goes so on his final smash is almost guaranteed to K.O at about 160.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Hehe, people are developing strategies for Basic Brawl now. It's really gotten that ugly? :psycho:

This could be useful, but is 3v1ing really a good training for spacing and all that? Usually in situations like those, I leave the room. It's just totally not worth it, getting tossed around, comboed, infinited, and taunted at over 20 times every stock. I just came to have a nice little match with online people. It sets me off pretty easily :)

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, people are developing strategies for Basic Brawl now. It's really gotten that ugly? :psycho:

This could be useful, but is 3v1ing really a good training for spacing and all that? Usually in situations like those, I leave the room. It's just totally not worth it, getting tossed around, comboed, infinited, and taunted at over 20 times every stock. I just came to have a nice little match with online people. It sets me off pretty easily :)
yep it has gotten that ugly and we are starting to fight back. Some of the taunt spammers are noobs and can be easily beaten, you just have to be able to last long and take them either one by one, camp or take them all out at once. Since that taunt parties are now very common, it is now necessary to develop strategies against them. There are people like me who don't want to play on TB because your teammate left to go eat dinner and other player racks up points on him/her or that they suck and drag your score down to where you must make very difficult to obtain scores. I want a challenge because I'm tired of winning against CPUs, I need a challenge. Now that taunt parties are dominant, I think of myself as a rebel, one of the those who decide to take on taunt parties, and one of the few who are successful. On another note, since I hit and run, wait till the sudden death or I take them on directly there are some who don't fight and I watch them while they taunt. They demonstrate some techniques and glitches that they discovered. You can get better on wi fi, some don't see it but I do.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
wow it ate my whole post; good thing i backed it up WTF

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Shouldn't luigi be at a smaller stage because at a larger stage it would be easier to evade his F smash and also he would have an easier time to score a K.O because of the smaller blast zones. Also lucario is at the top of the middle weights or bottom of the heavys, his attack power is low but increases with damage, at 100 he is in about the middle weight section and then it goes so on his final smash is almost guaranteed to K.O at about 160.
the better weight list to go by is in the one i provided at the end of my weight list in the url; it still isnt very difficult to KO Lucario and hes very weak when he respawns...unless you know how to DI on him VERY well he isnt really useful in 3v1. I mean his up+b is pretty bad with no hit box

His final smash can kill as long as they're above 40%

I know luigi does very well at low ceiliged maps, but you dont always have control over what maps you go to. Im saying that, in the instance that they keep going to Temple--if i had to choose a medium weight to go to temple with it'd be Luigi. Just camp the far right side. Im saying that in comparison to Yoshi/TL/Pit that have a hard time killing. And Temple and large maps in general make it difficult to get a kill obviously due to their size

It is in its own way. Stocked matches will give you more one on one attention where as 3v1 teaches you how not to be a hot head, and to be patient. If you dont have it in you to do it then dont try it

yep it has gotten that ugly and we are starting to fight back. Some of the taunt spammers are noobs and can be easily beaten, you just have to be able to last long and take them either one by one, camp or take them all out at once. Since that taunt parties are now very common, it is now necessary to develop strategies against them. There are people like me who don't want to play on TB because your teammate left to go eat dinner and other player racks up points on him/her or that they suck and drag your score down to where you must make very difficult to obtain scores. I want a challenge because I'm tired of winning against CPUs, I need a challenge. Now that taunt parties are dominant, I think of myself as a rebel, one of the those who decide to take on taunt parties, and one of the few who are successful. On another note, since I hit and run, wait till the sudden death or I take them on directly there are some who don't fight and I watch them while they taunt. They demonstrate some techniques and glitches that they discovered. You can get better on wi fi, some don't see it but I do.
Alot of those ATs and Glitches are in the character discussion section. You should feel free to check it out for more information

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I tend to stick around using a technique that people prob know about, where I tilt the control stick in the oppisite direction that I'm knocked, I can't tell you how many times that saved me, like when I was hit near the end of the temple by ganondwarf, they taunted cause they thought I was dead, then I came back on screen landing onto the lower section, my damage was at about 130% with sonic.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I tend to stick around using a technique that people prob know about, where I tilt the control stick in the oppisite direction that I'm knocked, I can't tell you how many times that saved me, like when I was hit near the end of the temple by ganondwarf, they taunted cause they thought I was dead, then I came back on screen landing onto the lower section, my damage was at about 130% with sonic.
Read this thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221969

DIing correctly + teching can save your life

I believe what your doing is DIing. Its when you get launched you tilt the control stick toward the stage[dependant on how your launched], use your fastest aerial with the c-stick, then fast fall with analog. I think Sonic's fastest aerial is Bair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDxk23m5BBE

This kid needs to see our thread

NightDragon

Smash Cadet
I'm a taunter myself, but I've been in situations where they suddenly turn against me.

I have a few select replays of me successfully taunting the taunters, if you catch my drift.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I miss the days when you'd find cool people as allies in taunt parties. Now all I find are noobs... :(

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
those people are still around you just gotta be in the right place at the right time

POKE40

Smash Lord
Good **** dude.

I myself am a taunt destroyer.
I find planking w/ kirby => swallow => spit out under stage => recover seems to **** in 3 vs. 1

I got +8 and everyone just got 0 or below.

I also pretend to be a completely dumb n00b in order to catch them off guard.
mindgamezzzzz!!!1!11

InfernoAce

Smash Cadet
I miss the days when you'd find cool people as allies in taunt parties. Now all I find are noobs... :(

I've recently teamed up with a Weegee. Ike, and Pokemon Trainer. All of them rocked and it seemed like they knew what I was about to do. The only downfall was that the PT went away for a bit and I had to protect 'em. >_>

bobson

Smash Lord
Metaknight is still the best in a 3v1 with items; his weight problem isn't really magnified at all as long as you don't stand there and do nothing when they have a Bob-Omb in their hand. And harassing him with Star Rods when he's recovering is a joke. Metaknight's recovery is nigh invincible. Just fly under the stage.

His bull**** priority, range and speedy kill moves are really emphasized when you've got two more targets than usual. Not to mention planking.

BSP

Smash Legend
taunt parties are so much fun to break up. *Gets smash ball, goes super sonic, spams the side taunt and run away* ticks off everyone:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Are people really learning how to break up Taunt Parties? Sad, in my opinion.
We do it for fun, everyone here, you seem to be taking it too seriously.
Is it really that good when you manage to break a Party? Pheh... I would not think so.

In fact, any time that I find myself within a Taunt Party, the players are good, not noobs.
It is always a challenge for the occasional Taunt-Party Crasher to actually manage to win against us. The only thing that irritates me is when my WiFi drops... :mad:

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
Is it really that good when you manage to break a Party? Pheh... I would not think so.

In fact, any time that I find myself within a Taunt Party, the players are good, not noobs.
It is always a challenge for the occasional Taunt-Party Crasher to actually manage to win against us. The only thing that irritates me is when my WiFi drops... :mad:
Sad that we wanna brawl on BB? Sad that we wanna do what the game was intended for you do....fight, I actuaully used to be a taunt spammer but I realised that I wanna fight, not tap a button all day and gang up on one poor guy for wanting to fight. If you wanna taunt spam go ahead, but don't expect me to taunt, expect me to try to kick some taunt spammer ***. Why don't I go on team battle you ask, because I don't want my teammate dragging my score down from 5 to -1, or because I don't wanna watch my teammate's back sometimes. And how can someone NOT start up strategies against them? They're in several rooms across Wi-Fi and some of us don't wanna taunt. So what you think we're gonna do?

Edit: Who says I don't enjoy it? ;)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
well someone has to be leagues above all of you if you lose in a 3 against 1 match
^^^^^^this

lol at the trolls seriously-- you all take this **** too too seriously

i made this guide to help people like draco that really hated dislike taunt parties

Good **** dude.

I myself am a taunt destroyer.
I find planking w/ kirby => swallow => spit out under stage => recover seems to **** in 3 vs. 1

I got +8 and everyone just got 0 or below.

I also pretend to be a completely dumb n00b in order to catch them off guard.
mindgamezzzzz!!!1!11

u mad

Metaknight is still the best in a 3v1 with items; his weight problem isn't really magnified at all as long as you don't stand there and do nothing when they have a Bob-Omb in their hand. And harassing him with Star Rods when he's recovering is a joke. Metaknight's recovery is nigh invincible. Just fly under the stage.

His bull**** priority, range and speedy kill moves are really emphasized when you've got two more targets than usual. Not to mention planking.

first off G&W has every one beat when it comes to planking, hands down

What meta doesnt have is other than tornado is swallow like Kirby does. Which surprisingly enough gets you quite a few free kills. Plus dont forget Meta Knight is always forced to approach...which is something i REALLY dont want to do in a 3v1 fight. Other than that i agree hes still the best, but i feel much more confident on Kirby on a personal level

I do it for fun and to entertain the taunt party goers, without a crasher you'll all get bored and sandbag ;)

who said anyone was taking it seriously? you said it yourself, it is a challenge and yes it DOES feel good to own all 3 of them

I've recently teamed up with a Weegee. Ike, and Pokemon Trainer. All of them rocked and it seemed like they knew what I was about to do. The only downfall was that the PT went away for a bit and I had to protect 'em. >_>
Never do that, when they go afk and leave its a good sign of abandonment. Not worth your time to protect a piece of meat that wont do anything-- i would just leave the room forget that noise

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
^^^i actually was AFK making dinner and came back to see a taunt party beating up my MK. with only 45 seconds left i managed to stage meteor that annoying ZSS at 19% at the ledge with shuttle loop

that pissed me off

Longears

Smash Rookie
well someone has to be leagues above all of you if you lose in a 3 against 1 match
You realize that taunt party 'crashers' (Usually scrubs, but some put up decent fights) are the people who make taunt parties fun, right?

But of course a lot of them fail at actually crashing them, and run around calling themselves pro and whatnot, kinda like the OP of the other Taunt party thread

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
You realize that taunt party 'crashers' (Usually scrubs, but some put up decent fights) are the people who make taunt parties fun, right?

But of course a lot of them fail at actually crashing them, and run around calling themselves pro and whatnot, kinda like the OP of the other Taunt party thread
Thats why taunt parties are sort of a taboo or a type of double edge sword in a fighting game. When your in a 4 person taunt party...nothing is happening..your mind isnt active like it would be in a free for all setting.

I've been in some taunt parties where after 5-6 matches people get..itchy. They might smash attack someone before the match ends. Its a clear and definite sign that they need to fight. But they're forcibly holding themselves back because they either;

a. want the company of others
b. feel insecure
c. grown attached to something

these types of feelings are very contradictory to what the spirit of fighting is

I take these feelings and i break them in two. Why? Because they're holding back their fighting spirit so that they can be sane and stay with the people they care about. By taking all 3 of them on depending on the group of people it'll either; destroy them, or bring them closer together-- the ladder of which is very difficult to do unless you know the game very deeply and can READ body language on the fly. I like bringing out the best fighting spirit in the people i fight. And i notice when someone steps up their game. This concept i go by---goes beyond 3v1 too, it applies to 2v2 and ffa situations.

I've had team ups with some folks where our friendship, no matter how brief it was, was deep enough and sound enough that we just knew what to do at any given movement. Those movements are very rare and fleeting ones. As vast and as wide a jungle as BB is.

Friendship and kindness inside of a fighting game...definitely two philosophical ideas that a majority of this forum do not follow. There is no room for that kind of **** inside the aggressiveness and high strung attitudes of the Smash competitive scene. So instead of, tournie goers trying to understand it, they shun it. Then they shun people that play these modes as such because the competitive scene deems them unable to comprehend high end play. Ironic that these same players still consider Melee the superior fighting game, yet still continue to play Brawl despite most claiming Brawl has 'no depth'.

I do it for fun and to entertain the taunt party goers, without a crasher you'll all get bored and sandbag ;)

who said anyone was taking it seriously? you said it yourself, it is a challenge and yes it DOES feel good to own all 3 of them
1. There seems to be something new with the Taunters... About one or two Taunt Parties I have come upon strike you with Neutral Smash attack, then begin to duck repeatedly, apparently it means in a way: 'fight for a match or two and then begin to taunt again'.

Besides when I get bored of a Taunt Party, I just duck a few times, jump out of the stage on SD, then leave to find another Fighter group/Taunter group.
Maybe some Taunters are idiotic for staying in a Taunt Party for too long.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Great thread, D.E.

I think the single greatest advantage you can give yourself in the 3 vs 1 Taunt party if you really want to take it to them, is to first shut off the volume, lol Those incessant taunt sounds >< Replace with, oh i dunno... "Thorazine! Pumping through your veins!!" Slayer will definitely do nicely. Once that's out of the way the other 3 characters become less like 3 annoying players and more like 3 sprites on a screen each with their abilities and faults. Pick out the weakling and drop 'em and you're on the road to victory. Though, I've seen some taunt parties where even if you start getting the lead in KO someone will start giving up KO to a TP member, nullifying your efforts almost right away. If you are on a large stage this is frankly impossible to beat. But on a small stage, sure, just gotta stay super active, not a single frame wasted, and you can do it.

Taunt Parties and Spamminess are exactly why I wish to eventually code a With Anyone Friend Finder, though I still don't really know how it'd pan out, cause of what all is involved, but it would be a nice alternative to what we currently do, which is log in hoping for the best, and dealing sometimes with the worst.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
1. There seems to be something new with the Taunters... About one or two Taunt Parties I have come upon strike you with Neutral Smash attack, then begin to duck repeatedly, apparently it means in a way: 'fight for a match or two and then begin to taunt again'.

Besides when I get bored of a Taunt Party, I just duck a few times, jump out of the stage on SD, then leave to find another Fighter group/Taunter group.
Maybe some Taunters are idiotic for staying in a Taunt Party for too long.
If i run into one that pisses me off, i stay and fight them for harassing me. If they are a nice group i just drop out after the match starts so they have a CPU to beat up on.

I have come across a few people that ask me to fight them. Not many. Only one i can recall is a Kirby i fought with a few months back. We cleared the room and we 1v1'ed at smashville he moved towards me, did a grab infront of me [he didnt grab me], turned around jabbed then fsmashed then turned at me. I walked forward two paces on my DDD then grabed, fthrew him and our match started. Next round when we had opponents we were buddies again.

Again, being very aware of body language is the only way i could of known what that Kirby was trying to say to me. I cannot stress how important reading your opponent/taunters is

Great thread, D.E.

I think the single greatest advantage you can give yourself in the 3 vs 1 Taunt party if you really want to take it to them, is to first shut off the volume, lol Those incessant taunt sounds >< Replace with, oh i dunno... "Thorazine! Pumping through your veins!!" Slayer will definitely do nicely. Once that's out of the way the other 3 characters become less like 3 annoying players and more like 3 sprites on a screen each with their abilities and faults. Pick out the weakling and drop 'em and you're on the road to victory. Though, I've seen some taunt parties where even if you start getting the lead in KO someone will start giving up KO to a TP member, nullifying your efforts almost right away. If you are on a large stage this is frankly impossible to beat. But on a small stage, sure, just gotta stay super active, not a single frame wasted, and you can do it.

Taunt Parties and Spamminess are exactly why I wish to eventually code a With Anyone Friend Finder, though I still don't really know how it'd pan out, cause of what all is involved, but it would be a nice alternative to what we currently do, which is log in hoping for the best, and dealing sometimes with the worst.
I keep my sound on. So i can toughen up my nerves against it.

I've had that happen. Check the video section of my original post, i had both those parties trying to get kills from each other. But i caught on too fast. + like you said, stage selection

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
The easiest way for me to stop a taunt party who turns on me (or I turn on them because they're all stupid) is to get them to attack each other. When they're at high damage, I make sure I get the kills. Also, there's three of them and one of you. If you think about it, you have three targets and they have only one. Even if they get a kill, when you respawn you can be careful and kill all three of them leaving you a point ahead. Then just play it defensively. I've gotten +4's some +5's and even a few +6's this way. KO-wise that is, not counting my total score (I think I managed to get +6 without dying once or twice though).

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
The easiest way for me to stop a taunt party who turns on me (or I turn on them because they're all stupid) is to get them to attack each other. When they're at high damage, I make sure I get the kills. Also, there's three of them and one of you. If you think about it, you have three targets and they have only one. Even if they get a kill, when you respawn you can be careful and kill all three of them leaving you a point ahead. Then just play it defensively. I've gotten +4's some +5's and even a few +6's this way. KO-wise that is, not counting my total score (I think I managed to get +6 without dying once or twice though).
there is a way to mind game them into thinking your an friend-- if one of them consistantly stays on one character

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I usually enter the room with the intention of being a taunt spammer. I only turn on them if they're all stupid, scrubs, or aren't nice.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea i do that too. I leave my TV unattended while my system searches for a room. Then if i come back to see me respawned and everyone taunting-- thats when i'll get nasty towards them. Since they obviously dont deserve to be treated nicely.

Although sometimes i get surprised and end up in a taunt party that leaves me completely alone. If you do deicde to AFK while it searches for a room, be mindful of where and how you spawn into certain rooms and where your body will end up when you respawn. These are tall tale signs that they've already killed you-- if your in a different spot from the original 'map-spawn' point

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
yea i do that too. I leave my TV unattended while my system searches for a room. Then if i come back to see me respawned and everyone taunting-- thats when i'll get nasty towards them. Since they obviously dont deserve to be treated nicely.

Although sometimes i get surprised and end up in a taunt party that leaves me completely alone. If you do deicde to AFK while it searches for a room, be mindful of where and how you spawn into certain rooms and where your body will end up when you respawn. These are tall tale signs that they've already killed you-- if your in a different spot from the original 'map-spawn' point
I mess around with afk people. Just pushing them around, footstools, grab releases, etc. I even do that in Team Battle to be fair. I wonder if I should since the afk guy is some noob and everyone cheats if I'm alone. <_<
Oh well, if my partner cheats, I SD for the rest of the match.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I mess around with afk people. Just pushing them around, footstools, grab releases, etc. I even do that in Team Battle to be fair. I wonder if I should since the afk guy is some noob and everyone cheats if I'm alone. <_<
Oh well, if my partner cheats, I SD for the rest of the match.
I dont bother with Team Battle because you can get the same Team up experience in Basic. On every level from noobs to really good players i've teamed up with. Team battle..your just asking for a headache. I've only been in 2 really good team battle rooms where everyone was on the same level...that was it everything else it was just idiots

p.s. just finished kicking this sonics/ike's *** with a afk ganon in the room too. Learn2rage less Sonic/Ike

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
It's funny how Ikes usually rage over everything. I gimped one by accident then he was trying to kill me for a while. He never did. I managed to get him mad at someone else by luck (bad luck for the other guy, he was messing around with items and chucked a Bob-Omb which happened to hit him) and the other player who was Pit started attacking me. Eventually, Pit got bored of fighting me and went off to help Ike. I got bored and did nothing but watch the guy getting ganged up and **** them both until I went to help him instead of interfering with the battle as much as possible. Then the Pit and other guy left so Ike tried to be my friend again. I declined his offer by thrashing him in a 1vs1 with 2 CPUs and he left. That was about seven months ago. I haven't done much in Basic Brawl since May...

Top Bottom