• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling taunt parties one room at a time; A Guide

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
It's funny how Ikes usually rage over everything. I gimped one by accident then he was trying to kill me for a while. He never did. I managed to get him mad at someone else by luck (bad luck for the other guy, he was messing around with items and chucked a Bob-Omb which happened to hit him) and the other player who was Pit started attacking me. Eventually, Pit got bored of fighting me and went off to help Ike. I got bored and did nothing but watch the guy getting ganged up and **** them both until I went to help him instead of interfering with the battle as much as possible. Then the Pit and other guy left so Ike tried to be my friend again. I declined his offer by thrashing him in a 1vs1 with 2 CPUs and he left. That was about seven months ago. I haven't done much in Basic Brawl since May...
ahahaha i had a similar situation happen with a peach/yoshi/diddy/zelda a few days ago. This Ike teamed up with me and we ganged a pikachu, then the pikachu asked for that Peaches help so it turned into a 2v2 situation ahaah. That peach wasnt half bad either. I still had my rounds where i got her pretty good. Especially Sudden Death

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Meh I don't mind game, it feels like lying to me when I do it. I like ticking them off by running and waiting for the sudden death if I can't take them all saying "you're too slow" as sonic and when they run from me as wolf I say "whats the matter scared?" I love doing that. Only noobs run though but its still fun non the less.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Mind games can help get you kills bro. Players of all shapes and sizes use them you'll see how useful it is once you try it

killori

Smash Cadet
Occasionally I'll beat taunt parties. I recently beat three wolves with Metaknight, but we were on the bottom part of temple so they hit each other a lot. I beat the last of them in SD. I beat the same 3 later with marth, then left because they annoyed me so much.

Once I played a Snake, then think the other two were a Wolf and Kirby. They tore me to pieces. Easily.

Against taunters I generally use Jigglypuff, TL, Lucario, Marth, Pit, or MK. I'm decent with Falco, but when I play 3 people at once I get owned. I get so much enjoyment out of the occasional win. Breaking them up is a wonderful sensation.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Occasionally I'll beat taunt parties. I recently beat three wolves with Metaknight, but we were on the bottom part of temple so they hit each other a lot. I beat the last of them in SD. I beat the same 3 later with marth, then left because they annoyed me so much.

Once I played a Snake, then think the other two were a Wolf and Kirby. They tore me to pieces. Easily.

Against taunters I generally use Jigglypuff, TL, Lucario, Marth, Pit, or MK. I'm decent with Falco, but when I play 3 people at once I get owned. I get so much enjoyment out of the occasional win. Breaking them up is a wonderful sensation.

Definitely try going to stages that break them up quite abit. I wreaked a room today with my MK/Pit/Ness-- man i had such beef with this kid. He'd make friends only to gang bang and that was it. I wanted to put a stop to his ****

killori

Smash Cadet
Definitely try going to stages that break them up quite abit. I wreaked a room today with my MK/Pit/Kirby-- man i had such beef with this kid. He'd make friends only to gang bang and that was it. I wanted to put a stop to his ****
Funny, just got on, played mindgames with a party, a kirby was too, and he killed the other two, I hit him with Lucario's D-Air and finished him. He left though.

Then a G&W, filled his oil panic, played mindgames, went to SD, gave his a bit more oil, then walked to him and killed him. He trusted me and I murdered him in cold blood.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Funny, just got on, played mindgames with a party, a kirby was too, and he killed the other two, I hit him with Lucario's D-Air and finished him. He left though.
they usually leave upset if they get out smarted, and sudden death is no exception

just make sure you dont spam lucario's Dair. As awesome as it is, people can find ways around it.

that chain glitch is annoying, its about as annoying as when a taunter keeps trying to kill my nana ****ing ****** leave her alone i need her to maximize my metagame potiential

killori

Smash Cadet
they usually leave upset if they get out smarted, and sudden death is no exception

just make sure you dont spam lucario's Dair. As awesome as it is, people can find ways around it.

that chain glitch is annoying, its about as annoying as when a taunter keeps trying to kill my nana ****ing ****** leave her alone i need her to maximize my metagame potiential
I was pretty stupid. he used his final smash practically on top of me, I rapidly sidestepped, it didn't hit, and we left eacother alone.

BTW, just beat TL, another lucario, and Samus, with all the projectiles and tether, it wasn't fun.

Beat them again even though I was killed AFK...

And again... They're awful.

I'm done, player two left, we had a computer, but I took someone to OT, beat them there. I was Jigglypuff. They were ness. You'd think they'd outrange me, but nope.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Did they change characters alot? The taunt party i was fighting did, so..like wise i did the same lost on Samus and Kirby though

I also teamed up with a really fun red DK
we spent like 45 minutes 2 vs 2 he was owning it up pretty good. I Teamed with him once before on my blue Snake

killori

Smash Cadet
Did they change characters alot? The taunt party i was fighting did, so..like wise i did the same lost on Samus and Kirby though

I also teamed up with a really fun red DK
we spent like 45 minutes 2 vs 2 he was owning it up pretty good. I Teamed with him once before on my blue Snake
Yes, they'd lose, then find a new way to be cheap/Annoying. They shouldn't be playing this game. At least, not online.

I'mNotFire

Smash Rookie
D.E. --- I think I was fighting you yesterday evening in that taunt party where you were the Ness/Pit/Kirby/Samus/MK. I was the Snake. (my Snake wasn't very good either...)

Sometimes I fight the taunt parties... sometimes I go along with them.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
A little while ago I was playing a match as Falcon, and I started paunching and kneeing the crap out of this one Ike. The other two guys in the room just taunted like crazy the whole time I was doing it, and the Ike was too pissed at me so he ignored them, forcing me to keep attacking him. After a few matches of this the two other guys seemed to think I was a part of their taunt party, so I set them straight by reverse paunching both of them in a sudden death and then proceeding to only attack them after that.

The Ike surprisingly seemed to lose his aggression against me and joined in against the other two, so we had some 2v2s for awhile (mind you, they consisted of me and the Ike spamming paunch, knee, fsmash and eruption... and we still won every time). The Ike left after awhile so I left too. By that point we had pissed off the two taunters to the point where they had stopped taunting completely, even after KOing one of us. Good stuff.

:034:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
D.E. --- I think I was fighting you yesterday evening in that taunt party where you were the Ness/Pit/Kirby/Samus/MK. I was the Snake. (my Snake wasn't very good either...)

Sometimes I fight the taunt parties... sometimes I go along with them.
the white snake? are you serious??

I'mNotFire

Smash Rookie
the white snake? are you serious??
Yes... as surprising as it is.

Just a bit earlier I tried to (unsuccessfully) break this Peach/Zelda/Kirby taunt party up.

(I seriously swear that only I find the toughest ones to break up....)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

Just a bit earlier I tried to (unsuccessfully) break this Peach/Zelda/Kirby taunt party up.

welp next time you face me inside a taunt party you should use your main. You'll stand a better chance

killori

Smash Cadet

I'll find noobs and good people alike, but alot of the times, two just taunt while one fights me, but they'll throw items, use projectiles, and they'll rotate retreat, fill oil panic, or heal Ness/Lucas, average players can seem astonishingly good in a 3 on 1.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'll find noobs and good people alike, but alot of the times, two just taunt while one fights me, but they'll throw items, use projectiles, and they'll rotate retreat, fill oil panic, or heal Ness/Lucas, average players can seem astonishingly good in a 3 on 1.
I know, it does happen a lot, but it helps if you try to attack all of them instead of just one. that usually makes them hit each other.

Does anyone else consider bringing a reflector when going 3 vs 1?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Guys, watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YQkRmE2hqg

This right here, while its rare you run into a GOOD room. Its so awesome at the same time to have 3 other GOOD people fighting in the room holy **** this was so much fun <3 also NO ITEMS. Mad shout outs to the marth i fought, good sportsmen ship and knew how to punish me. YOU WERE SO MEAN FOR CP'ING FALCO /
\

I'mNotFire-- heres the vids for that taunt party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMpXE43-qkQ

idk i..really suck now that i watch this a few days later

BSP

Smash Legend
Guys, watch this

This right here, while its rare you run into a GOOD room. Its so awesome at the same time to have 3 other GOOD people fighting in the room holy **** this was so much fun <3 also NO ITEMS. Mad shout outs to the marth i fought, good sportsmen ship and knew how to punish me. YOU WERE SO MEAN FOR CP'ING FALCO /
\

This wold actually be good if BB was like this instead of, "Hey! That guy is trying to fight in a fighting game! Let's get him!!:ohwell:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
that match turned me on quite abit, im still in a very good mood even now :) notice how when we were separated from our opponent we always tried to make our way back to them and the other person would wait on a cleared out side LOLL

BSP

Smash Legend
And I like how you guys made the sudden death invalid in a way. I get so mad when its 3 vs 1, i get one of them in suden death, they kill me and leave:mad: I might just SD in sudden death from now on

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i really didnt care, i mean in one SD with the DK i killed him only because i wanted a selfish win but yea *** SD srsly-- all i want is a good fight and ill suicide SD to make it happen

OMG THIS WARIO/DDD IM FIGHTING is AWESOME YESSSS

**** he got off his wario and onto DDD just to fight my wolf jesus christ thats scary ;_;

I'mNotFire

Smash Rookie
Guys, watch this

\

Very good. I totally recognize that one.

I too have been in a few matches where all of the players are skilled. I agree that they are (sadly) rare/difficult to find.

If you're looking for me, most of the time I use a pink ZSS.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Very good. I totally recognize that one.

I too have been in a few matches where all of the players are skilled. I agree that they are (sadly) rare/difficult to find.

If you're looking for me, most of the time I use a pink ZSS.

glide tossing, friendly ZSS? i've met a pink friendly one, she was very helpful

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman

I only find scrubs. Those are the people who I tend to betray the most often. I've ended up fighting good players before though. One time I accidentally DAC'd on this ZSS and she went crazy on me so I had to fight her.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Friendly? Depends on the situation at hand. Glide tossing? Yes.
yea i've met you then if your the same pink ZSS that sorta keeps to herself.

i remember fighting with a pink zss once and we teamed up against the other 2 scrubs. I just remember she was good at spacing and helping me out which again is pretty rare and is much appreciated too. Its hard to find good help

i cant remember what character i was playing...

Tailsbrawler

Smash Rookie
I'm not a n00b, I'm ussaly on the 3 side. And wait, the person or the "n00bs" throw the items, etc.:dizzy:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
dont you hate it when you disconnect from a fun room? god its the one thing that makes me rage hard

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
why is that, dont you have a good connection?
I used to, but I got a new router when I came back from vacation in July and Wi-fi has been acting different. It takes forever to find a room, and when I do, I get DC'ed a few battles later...
I'm not sure if it's completely my router's fault since Wi-fi works seemingly fine on my handheld consoles.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
it might be a setting in your router, did you check the wifi help thread here?

I'mNotFire

Smash Rookie
dont you hate it when you disconnect from a fun room? god its the one thing that makes me rage hard

IMO... what's almost worse than that is when there is someone clueless amidst 3 skilled players.

Top Bottom