• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ WITHOUT HOMEBREW RELEASED! (Thanks Comex) (Video UP!)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Note: NTSC-U is the game name for American Wii's, NTSC-M is the video name for it, so they are both the same thing.

Another Note: Brawl doesn't work with SDHC cards. So get a regular SD card, 2 gig max size (4 technically but most 4 gigs are SDHC). So do it.

PEOPLE WITH PAL WII's. I am trying to port Comex's exploit in a way, he just put a loader in a stage so I need testers who have boot2 and PAL stages. I think they actually are different, because I have been told replays and other things differ.

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz7fk96wCGw&fmt=18

Should give a visual on it actually loading. This is all real footage. I did not reset the Wii for that Brawl+, or anything, it happened right after I re-inserted my SD card at the Brawl main menu. Textures do work with it.

First, download this:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3

Get Stacksmash here, I barely have any time so this is the only official place and legal place to get StackSmash:
http://gamingexposed.com/releases/wii-releases/537-smashstack-released.html

Extract it to the root of your SD card, your root should have 4 things in it.

Now, load the game and go into Stage Builder and load the game through Gecko OS.

Now, put the SD card back in and you have Brawl+ without hacks :).

Enjoy Brawl+ without hacks.

This no need for a laptop after loading the game was possible because of Bionic Sonic, who told me a disable of custom stages added to it would let it work. Thanks :). It works 100% and amazingly now.

Here's the 5.0 Nightly Build thanks to Bionic:
http://www.mediafire.com/?onznuqxzzfu

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Bannerbomb freezes the DVD drive, IOS reloading issue.

When a .dol is transfered, sometimes it causes an IOS reloading issue, which freezes the DVD drive. I'm gonna see if I can get around this with WiiXplorer. It won't be pretty but... it might just work. Gonna Bannerbomb WiiXplorer, then load Gecko OS and try to load Brawl.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
oshi-

because this doesnt actually have to install homebrew to work...you can skip hbc altogether and go straight to geckoOS, and therefore hacked gameplay, without even softmodding your wii. Of course, if you have an hbc .dol, you can still install homebrew

EDIT: at least that's my understanding of it

illinialex24

Smash Hero
oshi-

because this doesnt actually have to install homebrew to work...you can skip hbc altogether and go straight to geckoOS, and therefore hacked gameplay, without even softmodding your wii. Of course, if you have an hbc .dol, you can still install homebrew

EDIT: at least that's my understanding of it
Thats the point, yes, the Twilight Hack somehow avoided the IOS reloading issue so nothing froze (I have a great tester on my Wii, a USB drive that flashes when its connected, so I know if the USB drive is working so I know when an IOS reloads, and IOS reloading kills the USB/DVD drive) yet both Bannerbomb and this don't work. Unfortunately, I can't fix it. WiiXplorer doesn't fix the reloading issue, I need a way to load Homebrew as a .dol or something that runs on an IOS, so that way I can stop this stupid issue.

Because if I load a .dol from the SD card that runs on an IOS (like Homebrew, which needs an IOS to run), then I should be able to do it with no permanent impact and get it to run. I'm thinking about trying nand emulation with 3.2U and then using that emulation to run a game with a Gecko OS channel in the emulation.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
If you have this exploit as a stage and you get to the Stage Selection, the game will freeze.

And this still does work on the new Brawl discs, 1.02 is just a new warning screen and some other fixes, they did not patch the new exploit.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Oh ok cool. AND **** YES. I just loaded the game with the 1.9.0.1 without codes, a successful reload. This is looking very possible, gonna try to use a basic code that isn't a loader to see if it works.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Sorry for the triple post but I have good news, that Vincent Wong, though horribly mutilated, has managed to select the correct reel and we're back with.....

Now the real news.

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I solved it.

To load codes successfully, you NEED:

Gecko OS 1.9.0.1 .elf file.
The proper gameconfig.txt
The Exploit in the proper location.
Codes without loaders in them (SD Loader, Snapshot, or File Replacement*)
*I think the file replacement wont work, its worthless anyway.

Instructions:

Load Brawl and go to the Stage Builder thing. It should load the boot.elf in the root of the SD card. Now, make sure that SD cheats are selected on and load the game. Now, once you have gotten to the strap menu, remove your SD card from the Wii. This is essential.

Congratulations, we have Brawl+ without hacks :)

Revven

FrankerZ
Actually, Brawl+ uses file replacement now because all the character modifications (minus PT and DDD and a few other things) are done with .PACs. So it's not exactly "worthless".

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what kind of code file do I need to use? Regular old gct, or snapshot?

I think you need to go a bit more in depth with your tutorial.

Edit: So this method is legal since we don't have to go through HBC to get to Gecko, right? As in, Smashboards can actually have tutorials on how to get B+?

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
One more question: What's this about the file replacement codes? Will we still be able to run textures/music/psa?

If so, make sure to include the latest loader in 4.1B. I don't think that version had the latest loader.

Edit: This day will be remembered as the day in which B+ became mainstream. I'm crying tears of joy.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
And its legal anyway, its just this shouldn't void your warranty even though it semi does, no one will ever notice ever. So it doesn't void anything. We can also discuss it here.

EDIT: Yeah, I haven't tested music yet (I will in a bit) but I know it can run textures. Its slightly complex because if you want CSP's, you have to remove it once you get to the menu and then rename it, but its still pretty easy.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Well, yes, but some people that I know argue that the old method is illegal simply because you have to navigate through the HBC to get to Gecko.

I don't agree with them, but that IS how they see it.

*rolls eyes.

Edit: Holy ****, I'm already calling the HBC the old method!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
HBC isn't illegal, its based on reverse engineered code. Only in a few countries could it be considered illegal but its more grey almost everywhere than that. Canada if a new law passes would make it illegal, but other than that its legal.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
When a .zip file of everything you need that you can just empty into your SD card is released, this will become extremely popular. Good work! Assuming it works. *still hesitant*

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Because it is an issue with Smashboards policy and they don't want to anger Nintendo because it could allow illegal activities, which in itself isn't illegal but still isn't a good thing.

Here's the pack: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DF5U0NVA

Load Brawl with that as your SD card and you have the official 4.1B Brawl+.

Once you go through Gecko OS and get to the main menu, then remove the SD card an inactivate the "stage" (in the private.... st folder) by renaming the beginning to something other than st.

It will work. Enjoy :).

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I think i get everything except what can go in the gct. What SPECIFIC codes won't work (if any at all) through this method.

Edit: Will textures, music, ect. work with that 4.1B?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
whats wrong with completely renaming your ts folder before you even start this? does there have to be a stage folder present for it to work, and then the absence of the st folder is required for gecko to open up? also, if you just dont have a st folder, do you need to take the sd card out of the wii when gecko loads?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Exploit isn't working for me, but that might be because Smash Service was on for whatever reason, and I have a downloaded stage on the Wii as a result.

Will post video later

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why not being able to load music or any textures is a problem. Think about it, this method should be like a demo of Brawl+ anyway. If you like it install homebrew, if you didn't, well, no harm done.

Great job finding this, it will make Brawl+ more popular for sure.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
So wait, i don't need a hacked Wii to load this? So in other words: I open brawl, open the Stage Builder. Select the file on the SD card, and thats all?

Top Bottom