• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ WITHOUT HOMEBREW RELEASED! (Thanks Comex) (Video UP!)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
There isn't a way if you watched the video all the way through...I selected the stage and the Erase option isn't enabled, so I'm stuck.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
That's just a rumor, 1.02 is just the strap screen replacement.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Sweeeet! Except... Gecko OS was unable to find my codes. Should I have removed my SD card to rename the file at Gecko OS' main menu, or at Brawl's main menu?

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
It might have to be tomorrow. I got grounded for working on this when I wasn't supposed to lol.
I got grounded for eating all the Starbursts. But I snuck on the computer. :teeth:
Anyways, what's the difference between the Brawl version numbers? I noticed some glitches only work on certain copies such as the Swallow-Hammer glitch.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Won't using this ban you from wifi or something? I thought homebrew had something to make the wii not notice you're hacking it.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I still think that this is useless, and bannerbomb hack is better. And much quicker with bootmit.

But that's just me. >.>

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
This is beautiful, thanks! Time for testing. Well in a week, lol, i was grounded for helping out at skool for registration for 7 hours (VERY tedious lol, did it so i could see friends), instead of helping out at home. it is seriously wtf.

But this will let those people who are to scared to hack to play with hax, with no HBC needed.

Toneh

Smash Lord
hah nice. im guessing this would work too for normal brawl with codes like infinite replay and tags. (maybe no tripping)
Could be useful at tournaments.
gonna try it out when i can.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Wait, it doesn't work with the dynamic sd loader?

So we can't have textures?

and I don't even know what the DVD drive is, so I don't care about that.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
You can have textures, textures are fine and the video is no longer private. You only need the file replacement code for the 1.9 series, so you actually dont need the SD Loader. So textures are fine. This is NTSC only so PAL people can't use this.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
but if the DVD drive is frozen, then how am I playing brawl+ right now?

I did the bannerbomb hack obviously.

So how am I playing brawl+ right now hmm?

and it doesn't matter cuz I'm sticking with bannerbomb anyways

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Bannerbomb doesn't work with Gecko OS, it can load anything that doesnt use the USB drive or DVD drive. After reloading the Wii, or after going back to the system menu (effectively reloading it based on the Wii mechanics), it reloads the IOS's so they start working. It won't work though if you dont want Homebrew.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Well it doesn't freeze it for me.... Gecko OS 1.9.1 loads up the disc perfectly fine.

So either my hack wasn't bannerbomb or you did a different version or something.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Well the DVD drive died a while ago, but that was like 2 months after I installed bannerbomb.

So I don't think it was because of that, I just think it was cuz I played the wii for like 6 hours every single day @_@

so I got the wii repaired and installed everything again. It's been a month and it's fine. I guess I could install this if I wanted to though.

EDIT: Wouldn't custom strap screen textures not work with this since you do the "activating" part after the screen texture?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Nah, thats not gonna do anything.

IOS reloading, is, understand this. Starlet is the operating system of the Wii. Each .exe that runs on startup is like an IOS on your computer. So each program that runs on Windows is like the IOS's running on the Wii.

However, the Wii is cheap and special. It can only have 1 program running at a time. Only 1. So when the IOS or program shuts off, everything does. Bannerbomb causes an IOS reload, meaning for a short moment everything stops, which causes the DVD Drive and USB functionality to cease. Thats the issue.

And Wii DVD Drivers are cheaply made with bad lasers, so they wear out quickly. Use a *cough* USB loader to lengthen the life of your Wii.

Top Bottom