• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ WITHOUT HOMEBREW RELEASED! (Thanks Comex) (Video UP!)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
what's a USB loader D:

EDIT: So the reason my wii's DVD drive died was just because Nintendo poorly made it? gotcha

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yeah, and a USB loader is something I'm not allowed to discuss because I'm not allowed to discuss it because it infringes evily on Nintendo's code and can aid piracy, and I'm not allowed to discuss it.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Hmmm ok. Are you free to talk tomorrow? and I don't have an AIM account yet, so I'd have to make one.

EDIT: What's your AIM express screen name?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Ah, whats Bionic Sonic doing? TELL ME!!!

well, whatever it is will be amazing. I mean, its Bionic Sonic after all :p

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
but I'll still have to keep homebrew, because I really like the cheatmanager on homebrew (it reads txt files and exports to gct and has no limit. However, if someone has a unlimited line gct exporter for the computer, I'd be glad to have it)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
It's quite basic, when you have no stages, the game, looking for something, let's you run custom code. Insert an elf loader into a bin file and you can have a custom stage that will load any elf file. However, this also screws up playing a game because it can't load the stage at the custom stAge menu so just export the disable custom stages code in addition. Gecko OS 1.9.2 causes IOS reloading so it doesn't work and old Gecko OSs use dol files, so 1.9.0.1 was ideal.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
i read somewhere that 1.9.0.1 isnt ideal for brawl because it requires brawl to spin twice (or load twice, or something), but that was fixed for 1.9.1

a) does 1.9.1 work for this?
b) what is in the txt? cant someone with a geckoos read the gct and copy-paste the code (aka what thinkaman did to get the throw mod code)?
c) why would somebody who already has homebrew installed on a 3.4u wii even care about this?

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
It's probably for people who still haven't hacked yet. That, or they were having problems before. I needed to get two SD cards for the Twilight hack. Nowadays, it's a lot easier to hack so if anyone failed on their first try, it may work with this method.
EDIT: I just realized this could be the new Twilight hack. Think about it, if you put the HBC installer in the root instead of Gecko OS, you can install HBC. Now if we discovered this months ago, imagine how crazy people would go. Well, that's two exploits that Ninty have to patch up. Actually, can this be patched at all (in a firmware update)? I think the bug is in the ISO itself.
EDIT2: 99 replies, 1999 views.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Wait....why is NPC the wifi waiting room.. I Thought they changed it to rumble falls being the WWR....

AND WHY IS THERE NO SANDBAG ON THE WWR. I WANT THE SANDBAG BACK

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Sorry to double post, but this makes the game freeze everytime I try to select Smashville..... !?!?!?!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Can anyone make a step by step guide or something? I'm confused.. :S

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
It's not that hard!!!!

1.extract everything in the download to the root of your sd card.

2.load brawl normally.

3.go into vault, and stage builder. gecko OS should automatically load.

4.click "launch game"

5.viola, it is done!

If you need more help let me know.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
It's not that hard!!!!

1.extract everything in the download to the root of your sd card.

2.load brawl normally.

3.go into vault, and stage builder. gecko OS should automatically load.

4.click "launch game"

5.viola, it is done!

If you need more help let me know.
Oh, that's easy! Thank you.
One more question; what KIND of SD card do I need? Is there a specific kind of SD card that is used?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
well, any kind will work, but I would recommend not getting an SDHC since textures and custom music won't work with those.

So I would recommend getting a regular sd card that's 1GB to 2GB. Don't go higher than 2GB.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
well, any kind will work, but I would recommend not getting an SDHC since textures and custom music won't work with those.

So I would recommend getting a regular sd card that's 1GB to 2GB. Don't go higher than 2GB.
I have a 4GB one.. Why can't it go over 2GB?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
because otherwise textures and music won't work.

So SDHC or anything over 2GB will make it so custom music and textures won't work. Although the codes will still work.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
because otherwise textures and music won't work.

So SDHC or anything over 2GB will make it so custom music and textures won't work. Although the codes will still work.
I don't care about custom music or textures, I just want the buffed/nerfed/changed character stuff, lol.
So that stuff should still work right?

Also, can you link me the download?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
yep. :) because gecko OS (the thing that loads the codes) can read cards over 2GB.

so if you just want the codes, you're fine. Although....the latest nightly build uses the character's pac files to do some changes. If you want all the changes in the latest nightly build, you'll have to get a regular one that's 2GB or under.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
the reason there's three download links that laio posted is just alternate download links. Pick any one you want.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
yep. :) because gecko OS (the thing that loads the codes) can read cards over 2GB.

so if you just want the codes, you're fine. Although....the latest nightly build uses the character's pac files to do some changes. If you want all the changes in the latest nightly build, you'll have to get a regular one that's 2GB or under.
What's a characer pac file? & Thanks so much for all the help.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
What's a characer pac file? & Thanks so much for all the help.

It's named like this: Fit(Character name (according to disc)).pac

it goes in the same place as textures.

and the nightly builds uses these to create changes for the characters. These pacs won't activate with a higher than 2GB sd card of SDHC sd card.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
It's named like this: Fit(Character name (according to disc)).pac

it goes in the same place as textures.

and the nightly builds uses these to create changes for the characters. These pacs won't activate with a higher than 2GB sd card of SDHC sd card.
Oh, I see.
Are there any changes in Toon Link? If so, is there a list that shows what kind of changes have been made?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Well they might have made some changes to him. and I don't know of any list. I would just use the autoupdater by bionicsonic (might be a couple pages back), and that will put all the pac files in the right place. HOWEVER, make sure you say to back up your gct, and as the one it will put is not the one you want. And then delete the new one and correctly rename the good one. and then get a regular sd card, and copy everything from the 4GB to the regular sd card.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Well they might have made some changes to him. and I don't know of any list. I would just use the autoupdater by bionicsonic (might be a couple pages back), and that will put all the pac files in the right place. HOWEVER, make sure you say to back up your gct, and as the one it will put is not the one you want. And then delete the new one and correctly rename the good one. and then get a regular sd card, and copy everything from the 4GB to the regular sd card.
Um.. I'm confused. >.<

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Um.. I'm confused. >.<
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9MQ45DMU download this and run it.

It'll ask you the drive letter of the sd card. This is usually like E or F or something. You should be able to find this.

It'll ask you if you want to back up your old gct. Type a Y which means yes, you do.

and then it'll put all the pacs in the right place (you'll have to create the folders in private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/fighter. Make sure they are named correctly. http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=80758 you can find the correct names here)

and then in the codes folder on your sd card, there'll be an RSBE01.gct and an oldRSBE01.gct. delete the RSBE01.gct and rename the old one RSBE01.gct

and remember you have to have a regular sd card that's 2GB or less for this to work.

Top Bottom