• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Mafia [GAME OVER]

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

Welcome to FF7 Mafia, a large themed game based on the Compilation of the Final Fantasy VII series. This game’s theme is based only on not the original PlayStation game, but its entire universe, including but not limited to Before Crisis, Crisis Core, FFVII, Advent Children, and Dirge of Cerberus.

I plan to make this the last mafia game that I host for a long time. After the completion of this game, I will be concentrating on my studies and devoting my Internet time almost solely to my Adventure game, Evolution. After the completion of that game, I have other plans in DGames that do not involve hosting my own Mafia games. In the future, if I do decide that I would like to get back in line to host a Mafia game, it will not be based on any movie, book, game, style of music, or any other theme but instead will be an open setup... so consider this my final game.

This game is for 15 players. There are no experience requirements to join this game, although I have taken the liberty to pre-register two players. Please note that, as always, I still worship the Random Number Generator and I am not picking and choosing to give any specific roles to any specific players.

Rules:

Fundamental:
1. Unless otherwise stated, breaking any of the following rules will result in 1 penalty point. When you have accumulated 3 points, I reserve the right to replace or mod-kill you. You will be notified when you receive a penalty point.
2. Editing your posts is against the rules. If you edit any post, for any reason, I will reverse the edit.
3. Do not personally attack another player. Arguments against dumb logic or terrible play are acceptable, but repeated attempts to offend another player will result in replacement of you, not them.

Communication:
1. Unless otherwise stated in your role PM, communication with anyone about the game outside of the game thread is not allowed. This includes communicating with other players, communicating with dead players, communicating with people who are not playing, anyone. If communication is allowed, you must PM me the transcripts – failure to do so will result in a penalty point.
2. Do not quote mod PMs, and do not fake a quoted mod PM. Do not post the quote, image, or any of the information that is in your role PM. Breaking this rule can result in a modkill. Simply put everything in your own words and you will be fine. Do not attempt to refer to your image in any way. (This rule does not apply to situations where you are quoting your PM to someone with whom you are allowed to privately communicate.)

Voting and Lynching:
1. All actions, including voting, must be bolded (vote: M3D).
2. When changing your vote, it is courteous but not required to unvote before you revote (unvote vote: Marshy).
3. A lynch will occur when someone has received n/2 + 1 votes, rounded down to the nearest integer, where n is the number of players currently alive. When a lynch occurs, the Day will end.
4. You may vote for a ‘no lynch’ if desired (vote: No Lynch). If a majority of the players in the game vote for a no lynch, the Day will end.
5. If a majority of votes has not been reached at deadline, it will force a ‘no lynch.’
6. If a lynch occurs, then the game enters Twilight, where all currently alive players (including the soon-to-be-lynched) may still communicate but actions cannot be made unless otherwise stated. The game will then progress to Night when the Lynch scene is posted.
7. The thread will be locked at Night. Unless otherwise stated, posting at Night in the locked thread (moderators) will result in a penalty point and your post being deleted.
8. Once you have died, you are allowed to make one final post. However, this post may only include one of the following phrases: “bah go town,” “bah go scum,” or “bah go indy.”

Activity and Deadline:
1. You are required to post every 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. Two prods will result in a penalty point (read: mathematically, at most 6 prods will result in a replacement or modkill).
2. Note that if a deadline is reached without a lynch, there will be no lynch.
3. Deadlines are to be 14 days and can be extended for extenuating circumstances such as V/LA or replacement.

Sample Role PMs:
Sample said:

“So, what kind of relationship do you and Tifa have?”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, playername. You are Johnny, childhood friend of Tifa and one-time friend of Cloud. You are the token minor character. You are a vanilla townie.

Active Abilities:
You have no active abilities.

Passive Abilities:
You have no passive abilities.

Win Condition:
You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Sample said:

“Hey, would you say I became a hero?”

Welcome to Final Fantasy VII Mafia, playername. You are Zack Fair, SOLDIER 1st class and inheritor of the iconic Buster Sword from your mentor Angeal Hewley. You are a town vigilante.

Active Abilities:
Buster Sword: Each night, you may choose one player to kill by PMing the command kill: target. You do not have to kill each night, and you cannot choose yourself.

Passive Abilities:
You have no passive abilities.

Win Condition:
You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Alive:
  1. Frozenflame (replaced Macman Day 1), Rude (mafia interceptor)
  2. Mentos, Reno (mafia hexer)
  3. Chaco, Rufus Shinra (mafia boss)

Returned to the Lifestream:
  1. NPC, Zack Fair (town vigilante), died pre-game.
  2. Gheb (replaced Blazer Day 1), Angeal Hewley (vanilla townie), lynched Day 1.
  3. McFox, Vincent Valentine (town cop), died during Night 1.
  4. KevinM, Tifa Lockhart (town masoned roleblocker), died during Day 2.
  5. Handorin, Dr. Shalua Rui (vanilla townie), lynched Day 2.
  6. Rockin, Denzel (vanilla townie), died during Night 2.
  7. Junglefever, Sephiroth (independent serial killer/marker), died during Night 3.
  8. Chill, Professor Hojo (vanilla townie), died during Night 3.
  9. Riddle, Cloud Strife (town vigilante, formerly independent amnesiac) died during Night 4.
  10. Xsyven (replaced Omni Day 3), Aerith Gainsborough (town doctor), lynched Day 5.
  11. Omis, Barret Wallace (town masoned voteblocker), endgamed.
  12. Ronike, Nero the Sable (unlynchable independent sibling), endgamed.
  13. Marshy, Weiss the Immaculate (unkillable independent sibling), endgamed.

Events:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Confirmed.

Man, FF7 music has been playing in my head all day ever since I got the Role PM.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I wanted to sign up in the sign-up thread but there was no spot left ... is it OK for you to sign me up as a replacement?

:059:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yup. You will be a replacement. Thanks for reminding. :]

I deleted the color rule to accommodate to Omni and any other players who use colored text.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
/confirmed

*EDIT* Also, just throwing this out there, I'm going to be unavailable from September 13th to 20th. I'll be in Missouri, camping, and presumably without access to the internet. It's 1 week, so I'm just letting everyone know now. Otherwise, I'll be here.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Junglefever is the only one not to confirm yet, but 14/15 is good enough. If he doesn't confirm in 24 hours I will give him his first prod.

McFox's V/LA is noted and we will work with/around it. If anyone is going V/LA for any reason, make sure to let us know!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

A man places a large sword in the ground outside of the city and leans his weight against it. His body cannot survive much longer, but he can continue to live on through the one he has protected.

NPC, Zack Fair (town vigilante), has died.

“Emergency news: reports of terrorist activity in Sector 6 have been confirmed. The Shin-Ra mako reactor in the area was recently destroyed in a large explosion. The terrorist group AVALANCHE claims full responsibility. They left a note, stating quote: ‘If Shin-Ra does not cease their destruction of the planet, AVALANCHE will not stop until Shin-Ra is wiped from Gaia.’ These attacks come after the recent assassination of the mega-corporation’s titular President Shinra himself, though AVALANCHE did not confirm that they were responsible for his death. The Shin-Ra Electric Power Company has released a statement from the office of President Rufus Shinra, the former president’s son, stating quote: ‘The Shin-Ra company is responsible only for scientific advances and inexpensive electricity to the people of Gaia. There is no conclusive evidence that mako energy is harmful to the planet, and AVALANCHE will be stopped if they continue to attack innocent people. Let me make myself clear: nothing can stop Shin-Ra.’

“Visit Golden Saucer for our annual Haunted House! Bet on professional Chocobo racing, or play in our high-tech arcade! Dance your heart out, get your fortune told, or celebrate any special occasion! Tickets start at 500 gil! Golden Saucer: a wonderland of excitement and adventure.

“In health news: a cure or cause for the recent outbreak of Geostigma still eludes the top researchers of both the Shin-Ra corporation and the World Regenesis Organization (or WRO). Both companies are pursuing separate routes to stop Geostigma: Shin-Ra has decided that the cure lies in harnessing the power of Materia, while the WRO claims that the outbreak is caused by poor treatment of Gaia and the cause lies in the arguably non-scientific energy known as the Lifestream.

“In military news, there has been a mass desertion in SOLDIER. Legendary warriors and heroes known for their part in both stopping terrorist activities and winning the war in Wutai have disappeared without a trace. The fate of legendary soldier heroes such as 1st class SOLDIERs Genesis Rhapsodos, Angeal Hewley, Zack Fair, and Sephiroth is left unknown. When asked to comment on the chaotic nature of the mass desertion, Shin-Ra spokespeople stated quote: ‘As always, the multi-faceted organization of Shin-Ra will prevent disaster. Checks and balances are established, and if trouble is caused by SOLDIER, you can always rely on the Investigation Sector of the General Affairs Department.”

Day 1 begins.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
A deadline has been set for midnight (12:01 AM) EST on September 11.

Blazer

Smash Ace
So guys, how's life? <_<

I think we should start by listing possible roles for anyone who hasn't played FFVII or any sequels. I've played the original and seen the movie but haven't played crisis core.

Not the most helpful thing but it'll be something.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
So guys, how's life? <_<

I think we should start by listing possible roles for anyone who hasn't played FFVII or any sequels. I've played the original and seen the movie but haven't played crisis core.

Not the most helpful thing but it'll be something.
If you're suggesting a nameclaim of sorts, then it's WAAAAAY too early to even start one of those. General discussion first then we see where things go

and wtf Marshy? I highly doubt that's a joking RVS vote LOL

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
IT's CUZ HE AND OMNI HAVE SOME KIND OF WHACK LIL THING THEY DO WHERE THEY VOTE EACHOTHER AND PRETEND TO ARGUE/NOT GET ALONG.

Blazer

Smash Ace
<_< Well. I'm glad me attempting to start the game up is enough for me to get auto-townie from somebody.

On the other hand, I think you jumped the gun with that if I'm to look at the subjectively. I made one post to start us with doing something, and you automatically assume I'm townie? A mafia player could make that post as well, easily. It's their goal to keep the town believing they're townies, and helping the game along is a way to do that.

That being said, I think it's obvious Cloud=Townie, Sephiroth=Mafia. Cait Sithcould actually be indy I think. I can't remember how the game's story went well enough.

Blazer

Smash Ace
If you're suggesting a nameclaim of sorts, then it's WAAAAAY too early to even start one of those. General discussion first then we see where things go

and wtf Marshy? I highly doubt that's a joking RVS vote LOL
Not a name claim, list characters that could be in the game, and then what abilities they might have. EX:
Sephiroth=Mafia
Cloud=Townie, possibly ability to kill
Vincent=Townie, possibly ability to be awesomely awesome.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
IT's CUZ HE AND OMNI HAVE SOME KIND OF WHACK LIL THING THEY DO WHERE THEY VOTE EACHOTHER AND PRETEND TO ARGUE/NOT GET ALONG.
So this is basically the new Ronike and KevinM? O.o

also, just to make Tom FEEL that he's right in terms of music, this is the proper song HE would choose to best start the day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YjtKzFiAZA

However, my choice of intro of the day is better :D

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Not a name claim, list characters that could be in the game, and then what abilities they might have. EX:
Sephiroth=Mafia
Cloud=Townie, possibly ability to kill
Vincent=Townie, possibly ability to be awesomely awesome.
Stiiiiill close to nameclaiming as well as fishing roles/names, which again is something we want to try and avoid. Mafia may try to snake away to take a fake claim, and with a character cast like Final Fantasy, there's no telling what could happen with a nameclaim and such.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Blazer, that is exactly what we do NOT want to do. It gives mafia possible fake claims in the event of a nameclaim, and more importantly does not help us find mafia whatsoever, and gives mafia ideas they may have missed on what possible town roles are. Role discussion=bad.

Also, Vote: Macman Because you're still talking in caps in this game:O

Handorin

Smash Hero
Macman, if you post all caps in this game again for no reason. I think I might have to kill you.

Vote:Macman

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah Blazer, from a town perspective it seems like it would help, but unless someone is super-accurate in their predictions, I can't see it helping us much. Just keep your speculations to yourself, and play the game normally, keeping track of whether you were right or not. Throwing your ideas out there may subliminally influence the way people think, and not for the better. For instance:

Cloud = town
Sephiroth = mafia

isn't necessarily true. It seems like it should be true, but it's not necessarily the case. What if Sephiroth is independent? What if Cloud is? What if Vincent sucks because he's a gay vampire (That's right, right? It's been a while since I've consumed any FF7 media)(Also lol, get it? Sucks? Gay vampire?? Haha!) ? And either way, we don't want to give the mafia any ideas on town powers.

Top Bottom